• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucario Chat room! Everything Lucario!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tallen

Smash Journeyman
Ep. 1&2 for the Game cube. And still playing it. (lvl 96 Ramar and lvl 80 Hucast)
woa, TOO much time at hand, man o.o methinks you need some friends XD

I have yet to buy TWEWY, but I've heard its very good.
more than good, epic. trust me.
I think this game is the portable comparable of FF7. Not joking at all.

back on topic, I had this idea with Lucario. Know how you can't FP grab in the air? and how Louie has no spikes?
I wish the developers had the idea of whenever Lucario would FPG in the air he'd grab the opponent and launch them downwards. Done! two problems fixed! 'aint I the smartest? Now we just gotta spam Nintendo's mailbox and cross our fingers for SSB4 =3

tedward2000

Smash Champion
woa, TOO much time at hand, man o.o methinks you need some friends XD

more than good, epic. trust me.
I think this game is the portable comparable of FF7. Not joking at all.

back on topic, I had this idea with Lucario. Know how you can't FP grab in the air? and how Louie has no spikes?
I wish the developers had the idea of whenever Lucario would FPG in the air he'd grab the opponent and launch them downwards. Done! two problems fixed! 'aint I the smartest? Now we just gotta spam Nintendo's mailbox and cross our fingers for SSB4 =3
Naw, the 96 was mostly with friends. And that was along time ago. The lvl 80 is just in the past few months.
It spread like wild fire among my friends. =)
Hmmm... well I'll get TWEWY after I buy Rock band. the three of us (me and two friends) are spiting the cost. But I don't think I have a lot of time to do that... sports, job, school...there's a lot.

FPG in SSB4 air spikes? I think that would make Lucario very powerful. But it is slow so, contact would be hard.
Quick get on your various email accounts and email nintendo! (if possible, what the email, nintendo@nintendo.com?)
go!
-t2

Milln

Smash Champion
I keep having this vision of SSB4 being faster paced and kinda like a 2d fighting game. FPG in midair would be an auto-combo that pauses both opponents and Lucario does a couple teleport hits. >,>

Nurotasama

Smash Journeyman
I keep having this vision of SSB4 being faster paced and kinda like a 2d fighting game. FPG in midair would be an auto-combo that pauses both opponents and Lucario does a couple teleport hits. >,>
I keep having this bad image of no SSB4. :(

Milln

Smash Champion
I keep having a vision of SSB4 without a Lucario.

And then Nintendo filed bankruptcy.
This obviously is a threat to Nintendo from Timbers saying that he's going to steal all of their money. QUICK! THE RED PHONE!

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Lucario the new official mascot for Nintendo!
Move over Mario, go away DK, go put your clothes on or something samus, link isn't there another dungeon some where that needs a beating?
Its lucario's time to shine!
-t2

Browny

Smash Hater
As much as i agree mario, samus, DK, link need to make way for Lucario, I think his biggest threat is Weegee. He is nintendo's unofficial internet mascot after all

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
As much as i agree mario, samus, DK, link need to make way for Lucario, I think his biggest threat is Weegee. He is nintendo's unofficial internet mascot after all
...Fox and Captain Falcon say Hi! :D

As does Pikachu and Kirby. :\

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
hate to break the goofinest up but i need help.

i second lucario, and i happen to be pretty good with him (idk why but SH f-air to n-air approach is ****) but is there anyone who can either give me some tips on how to wall cling with extremespeed more effectively or point me to a thread that can?

Nodrak

Smash Ace
Keep in mind that Nintendo doesn't make SSB, HAL Laboratories does so if Kirby manages to go, the rest of the cast would follow =S

Edit:

Go to "Assembly of Unfamiliar Information" by Jeepy Sol, I did a quick thing about Wall Clinging somewhere in that post. Best advice is to go into training and practice. It takes time to get down consistently.

Browny

Smash Hater
/off topic

Lucario owns. I can count the numbers of times ive ever lost as lucario in a 3-stock match on one hand, and ive only ever beaten another lucario user twice. i asked my brother (the one who calls him cheap all the time lol) to play against me as Lucario vs all my mains + the rest (sonic, ness, snake, Link, Lucas, DK, Luigi, marth, ike, G&W, pikachu, Olimar, Wolf) and i only won 1 match as ness, with a lucky PKT2 kill at 50%.

:/ you just cant beat his fsmash

SmashAura4

Smash Apprentice
I would like to tell Milln thanks for the Inner Fire vids. You've showed me a lot more possibilities with Lucario.

Also I would like to ask all the Luc mains whether they're a fast Lucario or a slow Lucario.

Tallen

Smash Journeyman
i'm slooow... heh I pace myself, partially to annoy my friends and partially to help me focus on the match. my favorite tactic is exactly to wait for an opening (using Louie's insanely fast dodge) and punish them with a grab (force palm or normal)

btw I just watched in slow-mo Lucario's home-run sequence. Crap now that's stylish XD

Timbers

check me out
I would like to tell Milln thanks for the Inner Fire vids. You've showed me a lot more possibilities with Lucario.

Also I would like to ask all the Luc mains whether they're a fast Lucario or a slow Lucario.
It's matchup specific. Playing only one way against the entire cast is not taking advantage of Luc's versatile nature. I would play defensive/slow against characters that can outdo me in the air. MK, Marth, TL, etc.

Characters that have a blah approach (Hi Falcon lol) I go all out with. If the character has a bad defensive game, you can play a fastpaced assault.

Yea...it really depends on the match-up. You can be moving around really fast and throw out attacks everywhere and make it look like you're playing fast, but in reality these things are just distractions for what you're really planning to do, waiting for an opening. Or you can be way defensive and slow, or be super aggressive with aerials, baus, etc. It really just depends on who you're fighting.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
So It was a battle for 5th and I was up against this MK main. I main Olimar. Blind pick. I new I'd get wrecked using Olimar so I blind pick lucario instead. I beat him as lucario, he wrecked me with DDD and I switched back to Olimar ftw. I've only been using Lucario for like a week. He is now my secondary. ^__^

Timbers

check me out
So It was a battle for 5th and I was up against this MK main. I main Olimar. Blind pick. I new I'd get wrecked using Olimar so I blind pick lucario instead. I beat him as lucario, he wrecked me with DDD and I switched back to Olimar ftw. I've only been using Lucario for like a week. He is now my secondary. ^__^
Olimar and Lucario sound like they'd compliment each other pretty well.
New question: what is your greatest moment/KO with Lucario?
DT kills are always fun. I don't like trying for it unless my opponents become predictable with their assault though.

Also lol dair ledgespikes.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Fast and aggressive.
And to the new question: best/fav kill eva...hmmm..
Going Switzerland (remember from melee, not attacking or getting hit) And still winning.
-t2

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
for whether I'm slow or Fast It depends on the music for some reason :U (thx to T1S-kun for figuring it out)

and for favorite Kill: A Reverse DT Kill when Getting edgeGuarded xD(I pulled this on Ganon and G&W for the wins xD)

also O_O :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ng3QWqjLsg
Lucario....... Dancing...... to Caramelldansen?...... A Must see for Lucario's of all ages

Tallen

Smash Journeyman
best: double-team star ko-ing one olimar and one MK at the same time and juggling the sole survivor (mario) to win another star KO...
couldn't really believe it, we were all rolling on the floor laughing at it. too bad I don't have anything to record this kind of stunt.

EDIT: new idea! what if instead of Aura Storm (nice move, but could be SO much better...) Lucario's final smash was Close Combat (in PKM games: 120 Power, 100% accuracy, lowers Def. and Sp. Def.)?
It would work like a Ike or Link FS: Lucario would try a first attack, and if it connects, he would do an INSANE number of attacks that finishes off with a Sky Uppercut, with a great chance of star KO.
Comments?

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Well...this wasn't done with Lucario (ducks), but still needs to be told.
There where 3 of us at Corneria, Me(G&W), a MK and a Dedede.
In the very first like 5 seconds, I go to the fin (if you will) and catch MK right above it with a side B. It was an 8 so he froze and flew in the air, then I Uair'ed him, and the second puff star ko'ed him.
5 seconds.
(ducks again)
-t2

PraKirJaq

Smash Journeyman
Tallen, that'd be so awesome, especially how I absolutely LOVE the close combat animation like no other.

I've always joked around how Sakurai's always screwed over pokemon movesets xD

Milln

Smash Champion
Know what would be sexy? If Final Smash was Metal Claw.

think about it.

You activate it, Lucario growls and moves his background arm to the foreground across his face, a GIANT, SHINY STEEL GAUNTLET appears and he swipes with it twice, then stabs forward. =o.........

Col. Stauffenberg

Smash Lord
Fair enough, but I didn't think we were talking effectiveness. I thought we were talking STYLE.

Flying up and shooting a giant laser? That's STYLE.

Milln

Smash Champion
I thought Metal Claw had style. D=

So does Close Combat. I can see Lucario rushing forward, connecting a hit, then spamming attacks at the speed of light, and dashing through and elbowing the dude in the back. Hot. Too "T" rating for Brawl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom