• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucario Chat room! Everything Lucario!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Good advice. I definantly underestimated you concerning Olimar. Whats your opinion on doing the tether as early as possible in a recovery? Bad habbit or good anti-edgeguard?
Timing tether is all about whether your opponent is on the edge already or not. However, I'd think a lot of people would expect you to use it when at the same angle it goes at, not knowing it can go downward, too. In any event, do what you can to keep them off the edge.

Remember: Whistle has Super Armor, calls idle Pikmin to you, sorts Pikmin by colour, AND rotates colours.

One thing you can do to avoid being hit away completely is tether the edge during momentum. With enough practice, I'm sure it's possible.

Trust me, I know a lot. My cousin's been teaching me since before Brawl came out. He saw an Olimar 0-death combo and said "He's going to be my main."

grandmaster192

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5457-3748
Lucario is so Broken... He just pisses me off.

Melee Marth range with hit boxes more retarted than Snake's. I hate fighting gay Lucario.

grandmaster192

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5457-3748
Well you gotta admit, he's insanely gay.

I don't understand why people arne't considering him for top tier. He's compeltely cheap and he's better than Snake, G&W, and DDd. the character hand down better than him is MK.

It's no wonder Azen does so well.

emoklops

Smash Cadet

I don't understand why people arne't considering him for top tier. He's compeltely cheap and he's better than Snake, G&W, and DDd. the character hand down better than him is MK.

Seems like you have no idea what you are talking about...
Lucario has quite a number of bad match ups.

Browny

Smash Hater
my troll-sense isnt tingling at all...

sorry but i cant tell if youre being sarcastic, trolling or serious grandmaster

Lethe

Smash Cadet
urgh im having trouble with metaknight.

i used to do pretty well against my friend's meta but he's really starting to use speed/mindgames to his advantage. he has taken to using a run to spotdodge or run to shield/perfectshield approach to get past my AS/fsmash wall o pain. once he's inside my guard it's dsmash every time.

on the other hand i'm finding it hard to go aggressive. fair to dair is great, but predictable. i used to do a lot of up angled ftilt too, but meta just seems to walk right through everything with spotdodge and bam, dsmash to the face. also he randomly pulls the tornado right outside of fsmash range, which screws me over if i was trying to attack him.

anyone having more success vs meta? share ur tips, plz!!

grandmaster192

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5457-3748
I think Lucario is a very, very powerful character. He's not exactly broken, but he really pisses me off. I think he's a top 3 character and maybe the 2nd best in the game.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Milln's not here, Jeepy D:

However, Lucario is quite strong. I heard that he does poorly against Dedede, though. The Lucarios you play just know how to use him well. The same can be said for everybody else at a high level of skill. You just need to learn how to approach him well, grandmaster.

Thanks for the compliments, though. Much appreciated!

Milln

Smash Champion
It's my chance for what? o,o I forget what I', supposed to do.

Is it what I was talking about earlier about telling non-Lucario mains to stfu?

Nurotasama

Smash Journeyman

Its not that he's cheap, its that he is so AWESUM that you become distracted by Lucario's bod to be able to properly predict and respond to attacks. ITS MINDGAEMZ!

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
As another Marth/Lucario mainer, I do have to say, Lucario does pose some of the qualities from Melee Marth, and yes, Lucario is awesome. Where's Mr. "Lucario is top tier" when you need him?

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Thanks, I guess :)

I'm thinking of making a new sig, where there's two Bill Nyes, one with "Lucario", and one with "Marth" for head switches.

Nurotasama

Smash Journeyman
Thanks, I guess :)

I'm thinking of making a new sig, where there's two Bill Nyes, one with "Lucario", and one with "Marth" for head switches.
And then we will cry because we miss the current sig we've all grown accustomed to.

Trapt497

Smash Ace
You listen to SMYN? I didn't even notice you... >.>

Jk. Yeah. Those things are always fun. I always blab about stupid stuff. XD It's like spamming in front of a moderator and they don't care. When I get on my good computer I need to download it.
You didn't even notice me?!?!? You better be just kidding!!!! Or else! haha.

And, yeah grandmaster, he isn't broken. He's good yeah, but not unbeatble if played right. And, he's...not....better than Snake or G&W.

Ph1nye has abandoned us for the gayest character in the game! oh noes! its as long as you still main lucario too haha.

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
I would just like to say that Lucario is the smash version of Chuck Norris, Leroy Jenkins, Michael Phelps, Oprah, Kobe Bryant, Spongebob, or whoever the hell people like to idolize nowadays......... Yeah. Furthermore, he's got teh blue fiyah!

That is all.

Foxtrotter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
msfoxtrott
i Would Just Like To Say That Lucario Is The Smash Version Of Chuck Norris, Leroy Jenkins, Michael Phelps, Oprah, Kobe Bryant, Spongebob, Or Whoever The Hell People Like To Idolize Nowadays......... Yeah. Furthermore, He's Got Teh Blue Fiyah!

That Is All.
Lucccaaarrrioooooo

Jeeeennnkinnnns

X3

Tyrael64

Smash Journeyman
Dude. BloodHawk's essay is friggin' epic. Why can't Azen write an essay about Lucario, huh?

Actually, nvm. His essay will be like:

Lucario is a good character with great spacing. His best spacing move is Fsmash. Fsmash is great. It comes out a bit slow, but has huge range and can be spammed endlessly. Fsmash spam is one of the best ways to win, and when you get hit, your Fsmash only becomes even more awesome! Like Captain Falcon and his Knee, Lucario's Fsmash is his bread, butter, peanut and jelly move. Works great all the time, no matter where you are in the match. His other moves are good too, of course. Fair is nice, but it's only Fsmash's wimpy little brother. Make wise (and repeated) use of Fsmash with this character and you'll surely go far. Lucarios have been placing high in tournaments all around the country, and in all their high-level games, they all used Fsmash at least a few times, which goes to show how flipping amazing it is. Overall, Lucario is a great character with amazing spacing, range, and priority who will only grow as the Brawl metagame progresses.

Tyrael64

Smash Journeyman
On a different note, NESSBOUNDER once posted a freaking animated .gif signature of Lucario DT'ing a Marth. Did he ever finish that?

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Ph1nye has abandoned us for the gayest character in the game! oh noes! its as long as you still main lucario too haha.
Don't forget, I mained Marth/Mew2 in Melee, and at first, I hated Brawl Marth, as he didn't have the speedy swipes he used to, but ever since I drew blood from a few tipped fsmashes, it's been bonding time again. Besides, fer' a traitor, I do contribute to these boards, lol. Ya, I'm hoping to change the sig so that I can revert "main" icon to Lucario, since I wanted to show that I devote to both.

About Azen's fsmash, should we add that Gimpy really learned the secrets of the "Thread destroying fsmash" from Azen (*oh noes, hopes that Gimpy doesn't read this*).

Azen Zagenite

Smash Champion
=^_^=

Lucario is a good character with great spacing. His best spacing move is Fsmash. Fsmash is great. It comes out a bit slow, but has huge range and can be spammed endlessly. Fsmash spam is one of the best ways to win, and when you get hit, your Fsmash only becomes even more awesome! Like Captain Falcon and his Knee, Lucario's Fsmash is his bread, butter, peanut and jelly move. Works great all the time, no matter where you are in the match. His other moves are good too, of course. Fair is nice, but it's only Fsmash's wimpy little brother. Make wise (and repeated) use of Fsmash with this character and you'll surely go far. Lucarios have been placing high in tournaments all around the country, and in all their high-level games, they all used Fsmash at least a few times, which goes to show how flipping amazing it is. Overall, Lucario is a great character with amazing spacing, range, and priority who will only grow as the Brawl metagame progresses.
Very hot!

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
qft

Can I Sig This
No You Can't!!!

If You Do Zombie Ninja Pirates Will Come And Eat Your Brainz Like "nom Nom Om Nom Nom Nom Num Nom Ooomm Nom!!!!"

And They Will Serve Your Brain To Pikachu!!!!!

And Then Youll Be Dead....because They Killed You!!!!

TK Wolf

Smash Ace
I would just like to say that Lucario is awesome. How awesome? This awesome:

Anyone else going to Axis to rep Lucario? <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom