• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucario Chat room! Everything Lucario!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trapt497

Smash Ace
after that little discussion I'm so done talking about pkt2...that was a nightmare. The arguing went on for pages and pages and pages...dguy got banned...everyone was pissed at everyone...

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
Off topic again,
DAA BEARS.
-t2
It takes effort. And chocolate, lots and lots of chocolate. And Naruto. And flaming soccer balls of doom. And Pinkness, with pika's headband, syrophoam cups and fire.

And now we have Naruto playing super mario strikers in pink uniforms.
Off topic - Ness's PKT2 is being discussed without Sinma around in the tactical discussion. Anyone want to contribute? Here's the link: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=189961&page=12
And

Da Bulls

for sucessfully being off topic!!!!

tedward2000

Smash Champion
I saw what your did there too, very sneaky....

So kinda public question, but it doesnt count.

Why does nothing happen on the lucario boards after 8??? Srsly.
-t2

tedward2000

Smash Champion
crappy internet is crappy...

Sorry for the double post, its storming out, and my internet it bad in the rain.
Yea, no waterproof internet.
-t2

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
I like Pokemon too.

Anyway...

I'm working on some new characters to main and second. I currently use Pikachu and Lucario evenly, and know a thing about Olimar. My problem right now is who else should I pick up? I like MK because he fits my style, but i also don't want to use such a main stream character. I heard Bowser is an interesting choice with an interesting matchup against MK, and I have a knack for him, but don't want to go with another character that just won't do well after my Pokemon Trainer fiasco (three months and I STILL couldn't get him good enough). Advice?

P.S. playing BOTH is not out of the question.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
You shouldn't feel bad about using any character. Sure, he's mainstream, but if you like him, use him.
Bowser is pretty cool. I have a hard time against him. Spamming Flying Slam is a bit of a downer, though.
Olimar, however, is amazing. I learned everything about him from my cousin. I think you should use him. I could probably get my cousin to play you online sometime if he puts GTA4 down. He plays offensively, which is quite fresh for an Olimar main.

Play whoever you want to play. Oh, and the most important thing to remember is:

STICK WITH THAT CHARACTER. For example, when you're talking about your PK Trainer fiasco...so it took 3 months and you still weren't good enough. So what? It'll never BE good enough if you don't stick with it and continue using that person. Now, if you don't enjoy them anymore, then by all means switch. But if you still like playing them then don't switch. It'll pay off, trust me.

BTW, I play no other characters other than Lucario. Not many people do that though.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Well, Erich, you're right about sticking with characters you like. You're also right when you suggested I don't enjoy playing the character anymore. PT is simply too hard and frustrating to learn, and gets old after a while.

Trust me on this - Pokemon Trainer requires a lot more patience than the rest of the cast, and often gets old before you can master him completely. This is because the **** character takes AT LEAST 3X longer to learn than the rest of the cast.

Well anyways, my point was to just play whoever is the most fun to you. Doesn't matter who it is. I might start playing Bowser as a secondary(I was really good with him in Melee too!), but we'll see.

And it made Bowser a PIMP. Awesome back throw out of KC, super strong. His uthrow was also most definitely pimp material, as it gave him the power of **** over Falco, Fox, and CF.

Neva

Smash Rookie
Well, Erich, you're right about sticking with characters you like. You're also right when you suggested I don't enjoy playing the character anymore. PT is simply too hard and frustrating to learn, and gets old after a while.

Trust me on this - Pokemon Trainer requires a lot more patience than the rest of the cast, and often gets old before you can master him completely. This is because the **** character takes AT LEAST 3X longer to learn than the rest of the cast.
I'll trust you on that, but I'll also warn you that Olimar is possibly even harder and more frustrating to learn. Yes. Why? Because of the bleedin' Pikmin. Each Pikmin has a fairly large number of unique traits (for example, whites are fastest, cling longer to enemies, and have the longest grab range, while purplest have most power and knockback and health, yellows have like a doubled hitbox compared to normal and fly high, and so on), and you'd want to be able to keep track of all your Pikmin all the time, and plan your moves ahead with your Pikmin order in mind.
Personally, I failed at even finding out what my Pikmin order is while in the midst of a fight. A good thing I wasn't seriously considering of picking up Olimar to begin with. >_>;
And admittedly, you don't necessarily need to plan six steps ahead with your Pikmin order in mind, but it'd certainly be a very useful thing to do, and would, most likely, help immensely.
But if all that feels like cakewalk to you, then I recommend picking up Olimar.

As for a suggestion on what character to pick up, I'd suggest Pit. I've found the angelboy to be surprisingly fun to use, at least.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
I'll trust you on that, but I'll also warn you that Olimar is possibly even harder and more frustrating to learn. Yes. Why? Because of the bleedin' Pikmin. Each Pikmin has a fairly large number of unique traits (for example, whites are fastest, cling longer to enemies, and have the longest grab range, while purplest have most power and knockback and health, yellows have like a doubled hitbox compared to normal and fly high, and so on), and you'd want to be able to keep track of all your Pikmin all the time, and plan your moves ahead with your Pikmin order in mind.
Personally, I failed at even finding out what my Pikmin order is while in the midst of a fight. A good thing I wasn't seriously considering of picking up Olimar to begin with. >_>;
And admittedly, you don't necessarily need to plan six steps ahead with your Pikmin order in mind, but it'd certainly be a very useful thing to do, and would, most likely, help immensely.
But if all that feels like cakewalk to you, then I recommend picking up Olimar.

As for a suggestion on what character to pick up, I'd suggest Pit. I've found the angelboy to be surprisingly fun to use, at least.
I've tried Angelboy. Didn't like him. Spamming is fun, but behind the spam, he seemed a little shallow.

I think I can handle olimar on a good day though, but on a bad one I'm average at best (I shouldn't even bother playing this game on a bad day, though) The real problem I have with the character is when the Pikmin aren't immediatly behind me when I try to use my tether recovery. Probably the hardest aspect of mastering Olimar is getting used to the varying tether lengths.

Trust me though, playing Olimar at a decent skill level is MUCH easier than playing PT respectably.

Also, GO KEN! Although I am a little surprised by the announcement. It explains a lot about how he slipped behind M2K, though.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Whistle is your friend. You need not use it sparingly. Also, pwn edgehoggers with purple toss. It works. And pisses them off.
Good advice. I definantly underestimated you concerning Olimar. Whats your opinion on doing the tether as early as possible in a recovery? Bad habbit or good anti-edgeguard?

Trapt497

Smash Ace
Watch out, fellow contestants. This man might just Ken combo you.

Terios, being on the SMYN IRC with you was awesome :D

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
You listen to SMYN? I didn't even notice you... >.>

Jk. Yeah. Those things are always fun. I always blab about stupid stuff. XD It's like spamming in front of a moderator and they don't care. When I get on my good computer I need to download it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom