• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucario Chat room! Everything Lucario!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
*clinkity clinks the bars of his cage* Hello~o... Nyah. Oh well. Lucario has an amazing fAir, and nAir is good if you're about to hit the ground. At high percentages (scaling with Lucario's also included), nAir can kill. Although, all of this is common knowledge and I'm just being "Yay, I know stuff."

[Edit] And you can totally Sakurai Combo from a dodge.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
You escape by flinging yourself into the side of the stage. It teleports you to the middle.
No way, SCIENCE! is the best thing to deal with it, says so here, in Blood Hawk's edited and SCIENTIFIC! version:

Originally Posted by Blood_Hawk and edited by Phi1ny3
When I think of SCIENCE!, one word comes to mind; SCIENCE! I can think of no other word that describes this character better.

Your goal is to build a
SCIENCE! throughout the match to use against your opponent, as I believe this character is based heavily on that SCIENCE!. Lucario’s SCIENCE! attribute is a very interesting one. The damage Lucario’s SCIENCE! deal and his knock back is all dependent on his SCIENCE! percentage and his standing in the SCIENCE!. This attribute is the tool that will help you build your SCIENCE!. It affects things such as the SCIENCE! of his all his moves and the SCIENCE! of the hit box of his Aura Sphere projectile.

Lucario’s game is all about knowing when to pressure your
SCIENCE! and when to back off. Lucario is like a freight of SCIENCE! in this respect. When he gets going he is hard to stop, but if he can’t get SCIENCE! he is useless. You want to stay alive as long as you can to build that SCIENCE! for his Aura ability, while dealing as much SCIENCE! as you can in the process. Lucario is no good to you if he dies at low SCIENCE! all the time. You have to keep Lucario alive long enough to be able to SCIENCE! after you damage your opponent. Lucario isn’t a character that can come back on a fresh SCIENCE! and score a quick revenge SCIENCE! unless your opponent is insanely SCIENCED!.

On the flip side, a Lucario at a high
SCIENCE! is very frightening. If your opponent lets Lucario build a good SCIENCE!, he takes the chance of getting SCIENCE!ed at a relatively low SCIENCE!. This aura SCIENCE! creates a tension line between you and your opponent. Your opponent is trying to SCIENCE! you quickly and avoid your SCIENCE!, while the Lucario player is trying to SCIENCE! and land that SCIENCE!ing blow. Leaving a Lucario at a high SCIENCE! for too long will cost you the SCIENCE! very quickly if you are not careful. 3 stock SCIENCE! has resulted from an opponent letting Lucario stay alive at a high SCIENCE! too long. Just because Lucario is SCIENCE!, doesn’t mean he isn't SCIENCE!.

Lucario has a ridiculous
SCIENCE! game as well as many mix ups out of SCIENCE!. He can SCIENCE! cancel into a plethora of SCIENCE! or even just finish his SCIENCE! combo for decent knock back. The third hit will always SCIENCE! if you hit with the first two and don't hesitate with the third SCIENCE!. Some of his better SCIENCE! cancel options are; A SCIENCE! (since his second SCIENCE! sucks you in), a SCIENCE!, or even his side special Force SCIENCE! which doubles as a SCIENCE! at close SCIENCE!. This makes Lucario very well equipped when he gets up close and SCIENCE!!! His SCIENCE! mix ups also cover a ton of defensive SCIENCE!, so you can always cancel into a SCIENCE! that best suits your opponents SCIENCE! options.

Lucario is an absolute
SCIENCE! in the air. All his SCIENCE! are quick, can be chained easily, are impossible to punish if spaced SCIENTIFICALLY!, and have a lot of SCIENCE! Nair can be auto SCIENCE!ed into SCIENCE!, further increasing his SCIENCE! ability. SCIENCE! utterly destroys anything below Lucario as well as stop all his downward SCIENCE!. SCIENCE! is very useful for SCIENCE! guarding. If used SCIENTIFICALLY!, SCIENCE! has an awesome SCIENCE! spiking property that you can utilize.

Lucario, while
SCIENCE! in the air, has a lot of trouble getting through some SCIENCE!. Moves with disjointed SCIENCE! and longer SCIENCE! give him a lot of SCIENCE! and almost nullify any chance of an SCIENTIFIC! approach. You are reduced to following up your grounded SCIENCE! with your SCIENCE! (SCIENCE'S!, SCIENCE'S!, and SCIENCE'S! SCIENCE! in particular). Heavier SCIENCE! with low SCIENCE! vertical SCIENCE! moves also give Luc trouble, as he cannot gain a SCIENCE! base to SCIENCE! with (Snake and u-tilt come to mind). Luc has to avoid these KO moves by spacing well, using SCIENCE! wisely, and not putting SCIENCE! in a low SCIENCE! situation.

His
SCIENCE!, SCIENCE!! is one of the best in the SCIENCE! and one of his main SCIENCE! moves. It gets SCIENCIER! and SCIENCIER! the more he gets SCIENCED!, ranging from the size of a SCIENCE! at low SCIENCE!, to a SCIENCE! at max SCIENCE!. This is a good way for the opponent to gauge Lucario’s current SCIENCE!. It is quite intimidating when a high SCIENCED! Lucario has one of them SCIENCED!, as getting SCIENCED! by it at certain SCIENCE! is a sure SCIENCE!

His
SCIENCE! barring SCIENCE! are pretty SCIENCELESS!SCIENCE! is powerful, but slow and has little SCIENCE!. It is only useful for SCIENCE! punishes. SCIENCE! is a SCIENCE! It is his main SCIENCE! move and has insane SCIENCE! (more than Snake’s SCIENCE!!). It also has a SCIENCE! effect. This is his main SCIENCE! move. What’s more, the IASA SCIENCE! on SCIENCE! make it hard to SCIENCE! Spaced SCIENCE! can create a great defensive SCIENCE! that is hard to SCIENCE! Thus it is very SCIENCE!-able with little worry about SCIENCE!. His SCIENCE! are also all very fast and have nice SCIENCE! with less SCIENCE!, so they are a good SCIENCE! if you want to get your opponent off of you, while not suffering the SCIENCE! of a SCIENCE! attack.

Lucario’s biggest
SCIENCE! lies in his non SCIENCING!SCIENCE!. It has a pretty slow SCIENCE! and cannot SCIENCE! opponents hanging on the SCIENCE! Lucario is hardly SCIENCELESS! when an opponent has the SCIENCE! however. Extreme SCIENCE! allows Lucario to SCIENCE! it multiple SCIENCES!. He can SCIENCE! it to a SCIENCE!, on SCIENCE!, or directly into a SCIENCE! cling on flat SCIENCES!. SCIENCE! stops all Lucario’s downward SCIENCE!, so it can be used for recovering SCIENCE!games. This can greatly SCIENCE! in Luc's SCIENCERY! if used right. Against characters like SCIENCE! and SCIENCE!3, SCIENCING! can be quite a SCIENCE! despite all that SCIENCE! Lucario doesn’t like being off the SCIENCE! unless he is the SCIENCE! taking the opponent off and is in SCIENCE!

To sum it all up, Lucario takes a lot of
SCIENCE! to play. Lucario has a high SCIENCING! curve and little SCIENCE! to most due to how much SCIENCE! you must factor in to be SCIENCE! with him. You must also accept the SCIENCE! that, at first, it is hard to gain a substantial SCIENCE! most of the time. Most of your SCIENCES! will most likely be SCIENCE! biters where you must overcome SCIENCES! and beat your opponent in the SCIENCE! (this SCIENCES! off most players to the thought of SCIENCING! Luc, as they don’t do SCIENCE! in the SCIENCE!). Once you get to know his SCIENCE! style and learn the SCIENCE! of the trade, he is an excellent character and you should find that those SCIENCES! that were once considered SCIENCE! matches will SCIENCE! in your SCIENCE! most of time if you learn to use his SCIENCES! to their SCIENCIEST!.

Luc takes a lot of
SCIENCE! to SCIENCE! and use SCIENTIFICALLY!. You must learn recovery SCIENCES!, what SCIENCES! you can chain SCIENCES! (with your SCIENCE! ability and your opponents SCIENCE!, this can be very hard as there are a lot of SCIENCES! to consider), how to SCIENCE! his SCIENCE! perfectly, and survival SCIENCES! in general. Keeping Lucario SCIENCE! is the most important thing to SCIENCE! if you plan on SCIENCING! him (good SCIENCE! is very important here).

The Lucario player’s
SCIENCE! is: Take SCIENCE! of Lucario and he will take SCIENCE! of you.

Tyrael64

Smash Journeyman
I'm looking to pick up a secondary to better deal with the Snakes and MKs of the world, but I can't seem to settle on anyone. I love Lucario because of his potential for comeback, but no other character can really seem to do that as well. Combo'ing is a lot of fun with Lucario, but nobody else combos as well.

Snake is a lot of fun, but I feel like a sell-out whenever I use top-tier guys. Any ideas? Whose playstyle is closest to Lucario's?

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I'm looking to pick up a secondary to better deal with the Snakes and MKs of the world, but I can't seem to settle on anyone. I love Lucario because of his potential for comeback, but no other character can really seem to do that as well. Combo'ing is a lot of fun with Lucario, but nobody else combos as well.

Snake is a lot of fun, but I feel like a sell-out whenever I use top-tier guys. Any ideas? Whose playstyle is closest to Lucario's?
I dunno about you, but this is why I main Marth as well as Lucario. They both have a similar playstyle, and quite a few MK's actually phear Marth if used correctly. Snake is also pretty nailed down against him, but I find my Lucario spacing game verrryyy similar to my Marth's.

Trapt497

Smash Ace
No way, SCIENCE! is the best thing to deal with it, says so here, in Blood Hawk's edited and SCIENTIFIC! version:
I think I just laughed until my head asploded....

Its hard to say...sorry I don't have any feedback for this question because honestly I don't know. My personal opinon is just play who fits your playstyle most (after Lucario, of course) and that's the best choice. And don't let the feeling of being a sell-out affect your decision making. If you like snake, play snake. Don't let anyone make you switch just because snake is very good.

Tyrael64

Smash Journeyman
I dunno about you, but this is why I main Marth as well as Lucario. They both have a similar playstyle, and quite a few MK's actually phear Marth if used correctly. Snake is also pretty nailed down against him, but I find my Lucario spacing game verrryyy similar to my Marth's.
Good to know, I'll give him a try in a few friendlies.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I also agree with Trapt. If Snake is who u feel comfortable with, by all means, use him. I get the "Marth's cheap" thing a bit (I'm looking at u, Kita, lol), but it never stopped me.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
So I've been inactive for a while. What changes do I need to be aware of besides the fact that Lucario is placed perfectly in the tier list?

I heard something about Items and Smash Balls being allowed at EVO. what the?

Foxtrotter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
msfoxtrott
So I've been inactive for a while. What changes do I need to be aware of besides the fact that Lucario is placed perfectly in the tier list?

EVO's gone whack. They did allow items and smash balls, amazingly. From the Home Run Bat to many others, they're allowed. -.-;

Lucario and Darkrai feel pretty.

TK Wolf

Smash Ace

You're back! :D
*Hugs!*

EVO wanted to test brawl with items in a large tourney setting. They decided that if smash returns next year items will probably be off.

People learned to deal with/avoid AA>sideB, I dunno if you were around when stutter stepping became well known but it's great to add just a bit of range (but you only need the first half of it, aka, starting a run and smashing a fraction of a second after). There's the infinite second jump that can be done with all of Luc's aerials, but the timing has to be so perfectly strict that it's probably useless, and if anyone can make it reliable it'll be predictable.

Anything I missed?

Oh yeah, Ken is a conestant on Survivor.

Timbers

check me out
I think Nessbounder was the one that initially made the topic here that sideB chain could be broken. Nothing new has happened really, though besides what Wolfpup said about Ken lol.

TK Wolf

Smash Ace
I think Nessbounder was the one that initially made the topic here that sideB chain could be broken. Nothing new has happened really, though besides what Wolfpup said about Ken lol.
But broken and avoided are two different things. 83

Usually no one will be able to react fast enough to break the first if you land it, but if people are avoiding it entirely, it becomes riskier to use.

SCIENCE!

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
That, and u missed Blood Hawk's awesome essay on Lucario, both regular and SCIENTIFIC! (just go about 12 posts up to see the edited version, lol).

Speaking of new things, I saw a cover of our theme (it's "We Didn't Start the Fire" still, amirite?), by The Hoosiers. It can never replace Billy Joel's original, but it's still pretty classy, imo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVDDK8yzIYY

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
That screenshot was from Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy! That was an awesome game (but it's kinda old now). Still, downloading crap loads of mods and patches was awesome!:bee:

Tallen

Smash Journeyman
This is my monthly reminder that i'm still alive...

Lucario High TIER!! FREAKING HIGH TIER!! *opens champagne and starts giving out glasses to everyone around* Kudos!!

It's really thanks to stuff like these that makes him so freaking awesome, ya know

PS: what if Lucario was the Jackal in Blue the same way Luigi is the Man in Green?? (random thought, but this is what this thread is about, right??)

*insert another random thought here*

see you all next month!!

TK Wolf

Smash Ace
Heh, I wouldn't actually mind if Lucario was mid tier. It would just make winning more impressive. ;3

But yeah, it would be better to be pushing him up from doing even better. ^^

Timbers

check me out
I was playing him when everyone kept saying he was bottom of middle tier =P

High tier is really nice though, I'm glad that people (or at least the SBR) are giving him some recognition, so I'm not gonna fight it 83

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
lmfao at the comic. BTW I made a new Signature in honor of my Favorite Attack in the Whole Game :].

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
I requested of that model myself, since I am a Jedi Academy player.
However, since the disappearance of Manganiac. Lucario has not been released, which makes me an unhappy Xavant.
Perhaps it was harassment?
...... O_O!

I always DID find Lucario to be similar to a Jedi Knight. Seriously he's just like Obi-Wan! "Stirke me down and I shall become MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU COULD POSSIBLY IMAGINE!"

tedward2000

Smash Champion
So I took a nap today, cause I had really bad allergies.
Anyways...

Grats to Milln and Azen and their tourney results!
I've been told Milln got first, and azen got either first or second.
So Good Job!
*thumbs up*
-t2

I would like to take this time to ask that everyone would please refer me as the "Weakest Lucario in the East". Why? So when I enter a tourney and people recognize me, they'll be like "Oh, look, it's the Weakest Lucario in the East. This'll be easy." And then I kick their ***. Glorious days.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
MmK, so guys im getting another banhammer.
So I won't be on much again.
Sorry, I got a bit of leway last week.
But not so much now.
-t2

Linkshot

Smash Hero
So, uh, guys. Explain to me how I got Lucario's training combos up to 11 without usage of items. o.O I am so dumbfounded at my skill. Btw, twas against Level 9 Toon Link on FD.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Woo hoo.
try for more, cause theres alot more. =)
I was at like 20ish, then I used items, and now its at 190.
heh, broken counter is broken.
-t2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom