• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Link Boards Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bouse

Smash Ace
Fun matches Kalm: 3-2 RK victory.

My Zero Suit is probably my easiest character to play online, I just despise playing Link on wifi so I'll definitely give the "Best on Wifi" trophy to you. Though Blubba is quite good at playing online it seems as though he doesn't have as fluid a playstyle as you. Being able to hold on to a interesting playstyle without seeming spammy is awesome for Wifi play especially when playing Link.

Good matches, hope to play you again sometime soon.

Oddler

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OddlerPro
Change ma color
Also, Swordplay has a pretty darn spammy Link too. Not sure how spammy Blus Link is but Swordplays rivals every Link I've seen so far :p

He should get first OR a spot next to Blu.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
Also, Swordplay has a pretty darn spammy Link too. Not sure how spammy Blus Link is but Swordplays rivals every Link I've seen so far :p

He should get first OR a spot next to Blu.

Last time I played Blue was a few months ago. I'm sure he has improved since then. I really have no idea what He plays like now.

But do remember this. When I played Blu, I took spam to a whole new level. He must have caught on and developed some cool things to come this far. I'll have to go back and throw some more AC's at him and interrupt his but.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Last time I played Blue was a few months ago. I'm sure he has improved since then. I really have no idea what He plays like now.

But do remember this. When I played Blu, I took spam to a whole new level. He must have caught on and developed some cool things to come this far. I'll have to go back and throw some more AC's at him and interrupt his but.
Yeah, I started to recognize the significance of spamming and how useful it was. Those were some fun matches with you :) I'd love to play again when I get a copy of Brawl again! :D I definitely picked up a few patterns from you, plus created my own strat, Bomb Arrow Cancel. This pushed me to become a good spammer, noting that most of my friends (if not all of them) play character's with no projectiles. Swordies like Marth and Ike, or Captain Falcon and Ganon. I really started bugging them. My spam game is hard for even my friends' brother to get through and Sonic is supposed to able to dash right through! Haha. Well, don't underestimate my spam, and I was a noob in the summer. I got way better by September, and continue to improve. I love how much effort I put into this game, but not as much as into school.. D: Explains my C in english, and my low HW average in Algebra. Sad.

Edit: Swordplay, we could share :D

Soldner Kei

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SoldnerKei
Yeah, I started to recognize the significance of spamming and how useful it was.
this

after having a couple of matches against Swordplay and his wall of proyectiles, I became aware of that... that's why I enjoy wifi against Link mainers, I learn a lot from them, btw, this list is so true and cool xD

ArdeS

Smash Journeyman
I still haven't played a lot of you. I'm dyin' to play sasook and blu. haha :)

Ooh, another good category could be "Best Signature" ! :D

Finns7

Smash Ace
Thx for the nominations in stuff lol...

Anyway swordplay's spam is win
Kalms link plays like he is playing offline (who lands zairs that consistently?)
Blubba, well when I played him 5 years ago is 2 good his wifi game is perfect and prob his offline game 2, if only he could prove it, but his location is kinda smash gay...T_T
Legan is a great offline and online even though he is a offline link he can still pivot boost u 2 hell if ur not careful online.
Me and Arkive have the same style kinda its wierd sometimes we do the same **** at the same exact time idk, he kills himself though lol.

I dont play wifi like I used to during the summer, I dont even play normal brawl at the moment but I am always down for some matches if u pm me on a good date....I suck because Im not used to it but once I get that old feeling back its curtains

Swordplay

Smash Lord
Yeah, I started to recognize the significance of spamming and how useful it was. Those were some fun matches with you :) I'd love to play again when I get a copy of Brawl again! :D I definitely picked up a few patterns from you, plus created my own strat, Bomb Arrow Cancel. This pushed me to become a good spammer, noting that most of my friends (if not all of them) play character's with no projectiles. Swordies like Marth and Ike, or Captain Falcon and Ganon. I really started bugging them. My spam game is hard for even my friends' brother to get through and Sonic is supposed to able to dash right through! Haha. Well, don't underestimate my spam, and I was a noob in the summer. I got way better by September, and continue to improve. I love how much effort I put into this game, but not as much as into school.. D: Explains my C in english, and my low HW average in Algebra. Sad.

Edit: Swordplay, we could share :D
YES!!!! WE SHALL SHARE.

I really feel like I should spam more. Unfortunately, spamming the whole game isn't as fun as playing close combat. So I sometimes play to my weaknesses.

When you say you use bomb>Arrow cancel you got me curious. I do this a lot to. It is a really good strat. And I'd bet you that we play similarly as we are pretty close on the list (which I think is pretty accurate)

Do you mean you shorthop throw the bomb then arrow cancel.
OR
Full hope take out a bomb and arrow cancel.

I do both but I'm curious as to what you meant.

The only part of my spam game I cannot integrate online is my bair>reverse arrow cancel. Lag messes me up. But It's part of my offline game and useful as well.

Its strange, my offline game isn't all that much better than my online game due to my style of play. However, I have different strategies for offline than online.

I still don't understand the Sac-O-Meat award but yay Ritch

lilmister

Smash Apprentice
Woot I'm red again! This board makes me happy coz it's bringing us altogether *hugs everyone*

Oddler

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OddlerPro
I think people that want the title should go into a Wifi match and prove they can do it better :p
I think that's a more reliable way to really see it :)

ArdeS

Smash Journeyman
Hmm. I think a combination of videos of live matches, Wi-Fi matches, and contribution to the Link forums is the best way to do this. Some people are a lot worse on Wifi than in real-life. xD

What does HylianBoy's signature look like? I'm curious!! D:

Wafflez

Smash Journeyman
Hmm. I think a combination of videos of live matches, Wi-Fi matches, and contribution to the Link forums is the best way to do this. Some people are a lot worse on Wifi than in real-life. xD
That would be me. I was just playing against ShinTwist ScreamPaste. All the times I killed him, he goofed up on the controls, probably due to the lag, all the times he killed me, I goofed up on the controls, probably due to lag. The worst was when we ended up SDing on accident. (I didn't mean to FF Nair off the edge!!!)

But he's pretty good, really close matches but I kept letting the pressure get to me and I usually lost in the end. Also Swordplay's spam is without a doubt, one of the best. Lol.

I know Wi-Fi means nothing, but after today I can definitely move ShinTwist up to prove he's not "Low Tier".

Popertop

Smash Champion
dang, that avatar just blew me away.

but srsly, really, it reminded me of all the good times playing Link's Awakening and how fun those Triforce pieces were.

Haha, I <3 WaffleZ. Yeah, WiFi seems to mess up my DI and.. well anything to do with the ledge. I FF Naired offstage to my doom several times xD

Playign Swordplay right after you was harsh though, half of wifi is gettign used to your opponenets style so button lag isn't such a big deal.. then the COMPLETE style change totally ***** me for a few rounds :p I have to say I think Swordplay and I spam in a very similiar mode. (He's happier to do it for longer though, I give him that xD)

also, YEY, I'm Mid tier. FTW. this thread is made of win, It's made the Link boards busy.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
Haha, I <3 WaffleZ. Yeah, WiFi seems to mess up my DI and.. well anything to do with the ledge. I FF Naired offstage to my doom several times xD

Playign Swordplay right after you was harsh though, half of wifi is gettign used to your opponenets style so button lag isn't such a big deal.. then the COMPLETE style change totally ***** me for a few rounds :p I have to say I think Swordplay and I spam in a very similiar mode. (He's happier to do it for longer though, I give him that xD)

also, YEY, I'm Mid tier. FTW. this thread is made of win, It's made the Link boards busy.
Keep in mind, I got to watch you and Wafflz go head to head in a few 1v1's. I examined your strategies and formulated a plan for each of you while i was watching. Basically, I counter picked :D

Shin you got a good spam to. The one thing i would say to you if you want to play my type of spam game is use arrow cancels to interrupt your opponent. Not just because you can.

The whole point is to get that quick Arrow cancel off to interrupt them. Then they are like WTF during the small amount of hitstun from the interruption. Then I do something quick like a D-smash if I'm close or jump back and pull out a bomb and continue to spam if I'm far away. Sometimes I'll DAC if I'm at a lower percent. It's more rewarding but at the same time more risky But at higher percents. Playing a spam game is much safer.

I know not everyone can bombslide well.
(I can only do it in training mode. Implementing it into actual play is freakin hard) It is a great 4th option and if you can do it props to you. Use it to space and throw more projectiles. but I want all of you to read this next paragraph regardless of whether you can bombslide.

Your also good with bombs but like a lot of Link players I see I noticed something. You just chuck the bomb out there at your opponent. Most people I've played either chucks or drop bombs without even considering the shorter bomb toss by just pressing A. It's really worth considering and can give you more control of your spam. It's usefulness is shown when spamming on stages with platforms like pokemon stadium 1 RC or other stages like this. The extra control can be a major asset. The Rang isn't as important to use its two different distance tosses but it is till worth noting for things like gale guarding which I don't do so I never use it.

WOW when I wrote that I just gave myself a great idea on how to implement and rotate the spam strat more effectively. Why didn't I think of that before. Just rotate the spam. Spam when your at higher percents and live long time while racking damage. Pull off combos and go for kills at lower percent because you can afford to take a hit or two if your going for a kill.

Remember, we are playing Link people, we got to take risks if we ever want to win.

WTF IS A SACK-O-MEAT EVEN MEAN????

Deva

Smash Lord
lolwut? I'm top of the top tier?? how did that happen??? Dont I like. . . .main Pichu or something????

But yeah, I'd suggest adding tournament placings to the criteria, just because some players dont have videos up but are hella good and place well at tournaments.

Probably the weight of each category should be

Tournament placings
Videos
Contributions to the boards/ knowledge of Link

probably in that order of importance. This is a pretty cool thread though, Nice job Wafflez.

btw, you should add meh for best spacing and best sig emirite? Deleted images from photobucket are top tier =P

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
I'll have to get new vids of myself later. The ones I have now are pretty old.

Although I know I'm low tier. :|

Oddler

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OddlerPro
I'm actually making a new sig right now...tired of this one. As of now HylianBoy definitely has the best sig...I wanna see if I can top it. *Saw Voice* Yes, there will be blood.

monkeyx4

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3936 9382 6790
I'm actually making a new sig right now...tired of this one. As of now HylianBoy definitely has the best sig...I wanna see if I can top it. *Saw Voice* Yes, there will be blood.
lol hope it looks good. i'm still mid lolol:laugh:

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
I know this thread was made for "fun" and everything but I'll have to fight, HeroMystic, Blu Link, W.E.M.P, Oddler, and FEar.7, just to make sure that they deserve to be where they are on the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom