• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legend of Korra

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
I was just thinking about that Amon mask they put over Aang's statue in that season finale trailer. I think Amon is an interesting anti-villain and all, but that's pretty insulting to place that on the statue. Its like his followers see him as the real avatar--the one who'll bring equality, not Korra.

Anyway, I'm positive a black ops team of bloodbenders would be slightly effective on Amon. He may have resisted Tarrlock's, but he did struggle before shrugging it off. Imagine what a dozen can do; they could atleast slow him down while others attack.

I can't think of anything other than a lack of blood being the reason why it didn't completely work on him, so I'm going with prosthetics or spiritual influence. The equalists rely on tech and they probably have science and engineering on their side, and since Combustion Man had prosthetics in ATLA it has undoubtedly improved by now. There's also the idea that Amon is getting help from a supernatural force, since he credited a spirit in his rally.
Anone else have possibilities?

EDIT: Sorry about that, I saw the season finale commercial after last week's ep and took it for granted that everyone else did.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
^ Dude, that's all spoilers in the first statement. Put them tags up. Some people haven't watched the trailer or don't plan too.

I hope Asami doesn't go evil per say due to Korra x Mako. More like...drop out, kinda flirt with going evil, but never does. It doesn't seem like she would turn heel due to love. She has more sense than that.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I hope Asami doesn't go evil per say due to Korra x Mako. More like...drop out, kinda flirt with going evil, but never does. It doesn't seem like she would turn heel due to love. She has more sense than that.
People need to stop doubting Asami.

She made her choice when she zapped her father. She's been flawless from the beginning.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Lmaoooooo

Herbal Essences up in this.

Unfortunately, Meno, I gotta disagree on that one. They're almost foreshadowing Asami's latent jealousy with furtive glances in Mako and Korra's direction, awkward questions to a third party, and the like. I don't think she's going to go to extremes and join the Equalists or anything, but she's definitely going to do something dumb.

I could be wrong.

Smooth Criminal

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I enjoy podcasts with people discussing things I like with this kind of detail. Thanks, Aleate.

Oh, it wasn't intentional. Lol. Well, these guys are still interesting.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
if the alternative to being predictable is being normal...

then i'll take the predictable

let's get some asami x korra action

er... i should say asami vs korra... he he he...

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I doubt the writers will be that predictable with Asami's character, hopefully. She might just deal with it like normal people do.

:phone:
See, therein lies the rub.

What if she does deal with it like a normal person, and somehow it all ends up backfiring in a way that's detrimental to the group as a whole? Something as innocuous as omitting information or a "white" lie all because she wants to widen the gap between Korra and Mako? The jealousy and possessiveness is there, tbh.

I've got a lot of faith in the writers of this series to make something like that interesting and sensible at the same time.

@Bored: Or maybe she's born with it? (Maybe it's Maybeline~ )

@Sol: Abso-****ing-lutely. I crave more flashbacks.

Smooth Criminal

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I completely lost it when Meelo screamed "NOT NOW BABY!"

Everyone who needed a CMOA at this point got it in this episode. Tenzin taking out the three chi-blockers that ambushed him and then taking out the Platinum Mechas, the three airbender kids taking down a series of Equalists including the Lieutenant (cue obligatory slow motion pose for Meelo), Mako redirecting the electricity back at the Platinum Mecha that electrocuted him, Lin post-resignation taking out the airship and defiantly standing up to Amon despite her predicament, and even Naga taking out the Lieutenant. Even the Order of the White Lotus had its moment. This episode was just filled with those worthwhile final moments before the finale starts.

Speaking of the Lieutenant, he's pretty much the Punching Bag/Butt Monkey of this series. He's gotten his *** beat by

1) Korra in episode 4
2) Korra again in Episode 6
3) Asami in Episode 7
4) Tarlok and Korra again in Episode 9
5) Jinora and Naga in this episode.

But, he's a Punching Bag done right. He still gives that intimidation each time he shows up despite his losses.

Lin went down like a champ. Proud of her. I was expecting a self-sacrifice and the airship exploding, but this worked much better.

Tenzin takes his family to the South Pole, and Katara returns with him to beat some Equalist ***. Calling it.

Why am I expecting Hiroshi to Heel Face Turn in the finale? It would be better than Asami doing the opposite though.

Is it next week yet?

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Great episode. Honestly.

but what was that Lin said about
Tenzin's family being the last air benders? He had a brother and sister didn't he? Unles they're water benders which would be dumb IMO. I kind of want a Korra-aged air bender to join the team, although I was expecting Tenzin to lose his bending so perhaps that character isn't necessary.

Also, kind of sad at the voice at the ending, should've been deeper, it doesn't fit with the look of the character, though I'm happy about who's doing the voice.

Edit: this episode was FILLED with very necessary gifs.
Meelo needs like 7 from his one fight scene. Naga needs one from that epic jump swipe, Asami could use one, honestly don't know why she's better at hand-to-hand combat that any chiblocker and DEFINITELY one of Lin holding Meelo by her metal string as he poops

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Tenzin's brother, Bumi, is a non-bender and his sister, Kya, is a waterbender

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
Great episode. Honestly.

but what was that Lin said about
Tenzin's family being the last air benders? He had a brother and sister didn't he? Unles they're water benders which would be dumb IMO. I kind of want a Korra-aged air bender to join the team, although I was expecting Tenzin to lose his bending so perhaps that character isn't necessary.

Also, kind of sad at the voice at the ending, should've been deeper, it doesn't fit with the look of the character, though I'm happy about who's doing the voice.

Edit: this episode was FILLED with very necessary gifs.
Meelo needs like 7 from his one fight scene. Naga needs one from that epic jump swipe, Asami could use one, honestly don't know why she's better at hand-to-hand combat that any chiblocker and DEFINITELY one of Lin holding Meelo by her metal string as he poops
Asami said that she has been doing martial arts (or something related to that) since she was little. I guess thats why she was able to take out all those chi blockers.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Ohhhh my gosh this episode, man. THIS SHOW.

Tenzin is absolutely amazing. The way he fought in this episode was just stellar. I really love him as a character (there aren't any characters I hate in this show, though).

Jinora has always been my favorite of the three siblings, but when she said "Get away from my dad's ex-girlfriend!", I completely lost it. Airbender children for best show trio ever.

Mako being a bit insensitive to Asami's feelings, but he's a teenage guy. Can't say it's entirely his fault (even if it is). At this point though, I really don't want Mako x Korra to become a "thing," so hopefully they resolve this soon (redirecting lightning...pretty cool).

I love Pema. Just the little things about her and her bearing make her such an appealing side character to me.

Lin was astounding this episode. Just every single sort of hero. When she took down that first airship, I was like, "OH ****!" But then she lost her bending. :(

We didn't actually see that much of Korra this episode, which I can appreciate. Everyone got their moments (Naga's GTFO swipe needs to be made into a gif immediately).

The last Airbenders....man. That's quite the burden.

I think they might've made a misstep with having Lieutenant Iroh's voice being the exact same as Zuko's, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. It's fanservice, sure, but I don't give one flying frog. This show is beyond what I could've expected. I feel comfortable in saying that it beats the original. Every episode has been better than the last, and they started out really, really good.

And I'm not (completely) ashamed to admit that I teared up more than a few times during this episode. Dunno what it is with these Avatar shows, but they always draw emotions from me. Probably why I love them so much.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Another great episode. I love the Equalists' Attack theme--it makes you feel uneasy, and Tenzin always has impressive airbending on his side.

The Equalists technology surprises me everytime they use it.
I NEVER would've thought of using magnets against the metalbenders
, and I'm glad they still don't have an answer for airbenders.
Also, I'm surprised Lin was able to destroy the airships. I thought it'd be useless since they're using platinum for certain things and I assumed it'd apply to those airships
. Glad they didn't though.

This show should've had hour long episodes with no commercials. My only complaint is that we didnt have a lot of time with it.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I've heard some people talk like there's to be a Season 2. But I thought this was supposed to be a mini-series or something. Is there a chance of a Season 2? I'd like that.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Season finale is next week. There are like 26 episodes total or around that much :)

Imagine Katara... being forced to give birth until she bore an Airbender >_>

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Mako being a bit insensitive to Asami's feelings, but he's a teenage guy. Can't say it's entirely his fault (even if it is). At this point though, I really don't want Mako x Korra to become a "thing," so hopefully they resolve this soon (redirecting lightning...pretty cool).
Speaking of redirecting, I'd like the whole relationship thing to redirect back to Bolin X Korra. You know? The one pairing that should happen?! /fanboy

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Bolin x Korra is, let me say once more, the one pairing I will put my fully support behind. I think the two fit much better than Mako x Korra.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I've heard some people talk like there's to be a Season 2. But I thought this was supposed to be a mini-series or something. Is there a chance of a Season 2? I'd like that.
There is definitely a season 2 planned. Anything beyond that is up for debate, or Nickelodeon basically throwing money at them to make more.

I forgot what line it was, maybe it was the
"Get away from my dad's ex"
that sounded kinda monotoneish.
I just remember cringing a bit when Lin got help from the three kids, cause one of the lines came out pretty poorly.

Agree with everyone about Zuko's VA not matching the character.

And of course, the preview/trailer/teaser....that last clip they show. I'm just hoping Amon gets his *** kicked 50 times over. I hope that last bit in the trailer doesn't actually happen...cause to be honest, the more I see it, the more I don't want season 2 to be about
Korra getting her bending back.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

Zuko's VA? On that guy? It's like...wtf, man looks thirty, not fifteen. Lol.

Bored, I kinda want season 2 to be about what you put in spoilers. In fact, I'm hoping that there's going to be a huge journey that Korra goes on and it ends up taking her all across the world. I really wanna see how everything else outside of Republic City has changed over the years.

Smooth Criminal

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
If such a thing happened to Korra in the finale, it wold give incentive for Zuko to show up in the series. He's currently traveling the world as a diplomat, and a brief interaction between him and Korra would be a treat to see. Especially seeing as how his entire development in the first series could carry over to help Korra out.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
[collapse=not relevant to the new episode at all because i haven't seen it yet]
[/collapse]

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Bored, I kinda want season 2 to be about what you put in spoilers. In fact, I'm hoping that there's going to be a huge journey that Korra goes on and it ends up taking her all across the world. I really wanna see how everything else outside of Republic City has changed over the years.

Smooth Criminal
I just don't want it to encompass the entire season 2. Maybe the first few episodes. I mean...I dunno, it just might be TLA redone,
but now she's just "lost" her bending instead of having to "learn" it.
If they go that route, it will feel like essentially Korra is starting all over after being trained her whole life.

And the entire season 1 took place in Republic City. Hard to imagine how much outside they are willing to go of it in book 2. I think someone even said this when I wanted to see Korra travel myself.

Top Bottom