• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legend of Korra

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Not sure if there's any legal way outside of watching it on tv or Nick.com (assuming they post it there later).

Btw, the more I think about and watch the finale, two things have caught my eye...

1. Mako's body at the end looks rather...restrained in some way. But it looks a bit twisted as well. Is he being blood bended?

2. You hear some whispers as Amon touches Korra. Avatar state as a last second means to protect her? Maybe it does activate, but after she's done with it, she can't bend? Or maybe Amon's goal is to bring out the Avatar state and kill her in that? End the cycle?

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Lol, that's been my theory. Sounds cheesy as hell though.

I would have to be concerned about those brothers then. Mako loves a female Bolin. Bolin loves a female Mako.

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
I'm not crazy about Dante using the exact same voice for Iroh II, but I did squeal when I heard him being called Iroh. I'm pretty sure that they would change it if enough people said something. They could play it off as a cold or some ****. I dunno. I wouldn't care too much if it stays the same. I liked the episode overall. Great fight scenes... Meelo is far too good. And Lin.... is an inspiration

Morin0

Smash Lord
Okay, so this show already reminded me of FMA and I randomly catched the new episode yesterday, and I couldn't help but notice that one of the characters looks a lot like Lust.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Well I think it was originally planned to be only 12 episodes. Then Nickelodeon threw more money at them. Hence why certain aspects of the story seemed rush.

I mean, I figure that this season finale was meant to be the concluding story per say. But since there is a season 2, they had to change some things up.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
They've also said that they have the option to make another season.

Kind of unlikely, but the possibility is still there. Especially if nick's happy with the success so far.

Morin0

Smash Lord
Nick is actually kinda dying, they need to throw as much money at this as possible to live.(and get new stuff that isint lolspongebob all day.)
Good riddance, too. Only watchable shows for me on it right now is BTR, SB, and LoK.

Cartoon Network rising to the top again :)

LLDL

Smash Hero
That's what I been thought was going on actually. I don't think his equalizing is permanent. They just think it is.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Oh my goodness.

I've been reading a series lately in which one of the major ideas is that people will believe a lie, either because they want it to be true, or because they fear it might be true. For a while, I was thinking that this was the deal with Amon taking people's bending away, that he didn't actually take it away, but people were fooled into believing that he had. But I dismissed it as silly.

If this is actually happening......hype.

So it'd be more accurate to say that Amon has blocked that one chakra, rather than saying he has taken away bending. And that their bending is gone because they believe it to be, not because it is....right?

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I think it has to go a bit deeper than that. We've seen some thick headed people (that gangster who lost his lightning bending) try for it to only fail.

I think it goes a bit more beyond than simply "believing"

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Good riddance, too. Only watchable shows for me on it right now is BTR, SB, and LoK.

Cartoon Network rising to the top again :)
I dunno, I like iCarly and Victorious even if they show them too much. That's actually a major problem with Nick. They don't have enough shows on their weekday slots in particular. You've got Winx and Power Rangers (with the most accent and setting confusing acting ever) just on weekends. Why aren't they aired on weekdays? Yeah, Winx aired in the afternoons when it was first put on Nick, but where I live, in CST, it was on at 1:00 PM, the time when their target audience is in school. IRC, Avatar was on weekdays for a little while, but it has yet to make a reappearance beyond the big countdown to the final episodes.

^Agreed. Watching that one dude try to bend and failing to do so kinda disapproves that theory... They really can't bend afterwards.
Not necessarily. I think it's a mix of blocking the bending and the psychological impact left on the victim. If the victim has the slightest doubt that he or she can't bend, they can't bend, but believing in themselves might be the last push to restore their bending once the block is removed which makes sense considering bending has a spiritual side to it. IDK, it's just WMG.

Morin0

Smash Lord
I dunno, I like iCarly and Victorious even if they show them too much. That's actually a major problem with Nick. They don't have enough shows on their weekday slots in particular. You've got Winx and Power Rangers (with the most accent and setting confusing acting ever) just on weekends. Why aren't they aired on weekdays? Yeah, Winx aired in the afternoons when it was first put on Nick, but where I live, in CST, it was on at 1:00 PM, the time when their target audience is in school. IRC, Avatar was on weekdays for a little while, but it has yet to make a reappearance beyond the big countdown to the final episodes.

Not necessarily. I think it's a mix of blocking the bending and the psychological impact left on the victim. If the victim has the slightest doubt that he or she can't bend, they can't bend, but believing in themselves might be the last push to restore their bending once the block is removed which makes sense considering bending has a spiritual side to it. IDK, it's just WMG.
iCarly is pretty meh to me. Victorious is a little better. Dan Schneider has a monopoly on Nickelodeon. Kind of funny that the only show I like is BTR and is not produced by Dan.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
you guys probably don't care

but i finally got around to watching the first avatar series

i'm furious at myself for not having done so sooner

....that is all.

Top Bottom