• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legend of Korra

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I get that.

I was asking about the VA talking about it...

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
I think he was referring to my post?

Anyways, I think Amon's master plan is to take away Korra's bending while she's in the avatar state.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh, I thought you meant he talked about it in an interview or something, and had given more information related to the episode... :dizzy:

theeboredone

Smash Legend
No, he had just given what the episode was called. I guess it would make sense for it to show up in season 1.

Though his VA is meant to be in the show, has not yet appeared. He's supposed to play someone related to Zuko.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
My reaction to today's episode.

"It's time for you to be equalized." I actually chuckled when I heard that.

I laughed even harder at the expression on Tarlok's face when Amon was standing right there at the top of the stairs with his cronies. His face went from "**** me running, my life's going to ****" to "oh sweet God I'm screwed" in a matter of heartbeats.

Man this show is getting HYPE. I don't know what I'm going to do after the season finale.

Smooth Criminal

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
He'd be straying into irredeemable ******* territory if he was, since he would have extinguished his own son without hesitance if it is him.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Anyone think Amon is Yakone?
That would explain why he would be able to resist Tarok's blood bending. If it is him, he was reverse blood bending I guess you could say. I think Amon is someone else entirely though.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
I dunno, I can see him having a grudge against having his bending taken away and now wants all benders to be on his same level except he'll be on top again similar to his original plan of ruling Republic City.

Most likely far off but meh.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Amon would be like in his 70s or 80s if he were Yakone.

Perhaps Amon does have prosthetic limbs. It sounds like a long shot and he's kind of agile which makes me think otherwise. But if those firebenders were willing to kill Amon's parents, surviving with just a messed up face does seem a bit generous...

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
10 bucks says Asami turns on team Avatar and joins with the Equalists by the end of the season when Mako confesses his love for Korra. Think about it... The only reason she's still around is for Mako. She has no allegiance to Korra at all.

Also, Amon just keeps getting more and more OP by the episode. Dude is straight up creepy and mysterious. I like it. You could see the fear in Korra's eyes when she saw Amon was after her. I personally would have enjoyed a bit longer of a cat-and-mouse chase scene between the two but oh well.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
So I decided to watch that teaser trailer for the one hour season finale...

If that's not just for drama's sake, I think Korra will lose her bending, go on a spiritual journey of sorts in season 2 and come back kicking *** and taking names.

Amon is starting to annoy me. So I do hope we get more of his background information.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
So I decided to watch that teaser trailer for the one hour season finale...

If that's not just for drama's sake, I think Korra will lose her bending, go on a spiritual journey of sorts in season 2 and come back kicking *** and taking names.
I'm not sure
it looked like she was closing her eyes and going into Avatar mode for the first time to me.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I'm not sure
it looked like she was closing her eyes and going into Avatar mode for the first time to me.
Yeah, that would be my other guess. Hence I just said the trailer might be for dramatic effect. Then you watch the show and go "Oh wait...they were just playing us."

Both would be interesting premises though.

Btw, Mako's body/face did look like
he was being blood bended.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
^Honestly though, everything is done really well here; art style, detail, story, acting, lore. For every problem this show has, it still stands miles above most crap these days, I find it really entertaining.

Violence

Smash Lord
Did anyone notice how quickly they got up at the end of the last episode? I think that's significant and a clue to Amon's abilities.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Amon is secretly the homeless bush man in disguise and can't really take away people's bending. Everyone's just trolling the **** out of Korra for the lols.

Violence

Smash Lord
I don't think a prosthesis is a valid argument. If Amon had a prosthesis, he could still be lifted and/or rendered unconscious by the blood bending.

I'm more likely to think that Amon is himself a bender of some sort to be able to resist the blood bending. It would make a nice little twist too I suppose (cliched).

Has anyone named the goggles wearing, electro-stick guy that keeps popping up? He electrocuted the cell resist episode.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I really would like to know how Amon was able to resist bloodbending like that. Also, now that Tarrlok is out of commission, I imagine the whole bloodbending threat is pretty much done. Also, that love triangle between Korra, Mako, and Asami is getting pretty intense. I can hardly wait for the next episode.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Like I said earlier I would be shocked if Asami is still part of team Avatar by the end of the season. Mako x Korra is obviously going to happen.

The idea of a Korra vs. Asami showdown over Mako temporarily popped up in my mind until I realized Asami would get her **** rocked.

Top Bottom