• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Last Bill - Chapel Hill, NC- April 24/25 - Brawl, Brawl+, Melee

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
in all seriousness, which melee players have the quick tempers? i plan to mm/ enter melee on Sunday (depending how well i do in brawl) and i know jiggz is gay, and my playstyle is the scrub version of hbox's, so i want to know before hand, if someone is going to throw their controller at my head.

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
i didnt think thats what he meant by backwards. lol no, not evey fighting game has to be about aggressiveness. only an idiot would create a game where u have to approach all the time

melee
I know it's a troll but melee isn't a rushdown game.

If anything, blazblue is a rushdown game but even in that game, the best character throws crap at you from fullscreen all the time.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
pp, i dont intentionally want people to be upset. im just saying i want to know which ones are the quick tempers, so i wont be surprised when someones like "ur gay!" or " ur character takes no skill!!" or " go back to brawl u ******."

edit: kadaj thats what amsah did to jman at pound 4. **** was hilarious. but he didnt time him out, cause jman rushed in.

edit: wow smith. have u ever seen me play? mm at billfest, if u think u hot ****.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
genesis results don't really support anything different...jiggs/peach top 2
Look how you keep adjusting the range to look at. Top 5 for pound supports your stuff best, top 2 only from Genesis supports your argument. You have to look at more big tournaments with a consistent sample size(maybe after apex we'll have 4 big ones and can look at the top 16 for example) and see if defensive play is really dominating. If it doesn't then don't use naturally defensive character to support your argument.

Besides that, the players you mention in those results aren't very defensive.

@Kadaj: the edge can be taken from a shino stalling sheik so I don't see the appeal.

BEHR

Smash Hero
i was actually thinking about bringin my gf to this then I realized her mom probably wouldnt let me take her so far from home.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
yeah i guess you're right pp. sorry
I can never tell in what taste posts like this are made, but if you're sincere, then there's no need to apologize. It's a fair misconception among several people(imo), and it would be pretty easy to draw such a conclusion at a glance, so you shouldn't feel bad about it at all.

Again, this is assuming you actually were sorry. Darn internet emotion hider.

Edit: hang on Keith, I'll go get it. Sometimes I just....manually ignore stuff.

Oh alright, well I'm still against the principle of singling those people out because I don't want you to judge them before they even look at you. I also wouldn't want to call anything wrong and have you think worse things about those people when you don't need to.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
I can never tell in what taste posts like this are made, but if you're sincere, then there's no need to apologize. It's a fair misconception among several people(imo), and it would be pretty easy to draw such a conclusion at a glance, so you shouldn't feel bad about it at all.

Again, this is assuming you actually were sorry. Darn internet emotion hider.

Edit: hang on Keith, I'll go get it. Sometimes I just....manually ignore stuff.

Oh alright, well I'm still against the principle of singling those people out because I don't want you to judge them before they even look at you. I also wouldn't want to call anything wrong and have you think worse things about those people when you don't need to.

no need man, just good to know ur still there ;);)

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
keith, nobody would get mad at your jiggs. if any melee player lost to your jiggs, we might become disappointed, and sad at the worst, but mad...i doubt it.

Gardevior

Smash Lord
in all seriousness, which melee players have the quick tempers? i plan to mm/ enter melee on Sunday (depending how well i do in brawl) and i know jiggz is gay, and my playstyle is the scrub version of hbox's, so i want to know before hand, if someone is going to throw their controller at my head.
I'm gonna enter Melee and I know you don't care about me Keith but I'd rather get gimped all day with Jiggs than go up against Marth. Can't stand that character.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
lol pp worth a try when ppl get close fair or some
thing XD
Haha alright, if you think you won't get baited then be my guest.

If you lose the lead early on then your strategy is screwed lol.

It's definitely a viable strategy I suppose, but I don't think it can just be done and won lol. 8 minutes is a looooooooooooong time.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
keith, nobody would get mad at your jiggs. if any melee player lost to your jiggs, we might become disappointed, and sad at the worst, but mad...i doubt it.
ok, i didnt mean my jiggz or me in general. all i wanted to know, was who the quick tempered people of melee were. i already know the quick tempered of brawl.

edit: pp, i know u've been out the game for some time. but us brawl players are used to long games, and have hella patience.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
hrmm...melee people are pretty chill.

pp might block you, but he wouldn't get mad...

and then theres the outer banks...but you wouldn't want to do that to yourself. cause the rest of NC would probably back them up.

edit: dawww stingers. okay. once i get my money for next semester, i'll get back at you.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
ok, i didnt mean my jiggz or me in general. all i wanted to know, was who the quick tempered people of melee were. i already know the quick tempered of brawl.

edit: pp, i know u've been out the game for some time. but us brawl players are used to long games, and have hella patience.
Melee is one minute longer and I honestly think the technical requirements are more demanding(especially since you'll have to get up and Fair every so often or just lose the edge and die like a scrub, not to mention that the actual technique of regrabbing is more difficult in Melee than simply dropping and regrabbing in Brawl[unless we get into some drop down DJ attacks through the stage in Brawl but I still believe those have more room for error and aren't as technically demanding]), which makes all 8 minutes feel that much tougher.

Stockfield

Smash Champion
I played melee today for like 5 minutes, then was like I'm not doing this to myself and switched back to brawl lol.

I don't know why I wanted to play melee so bad though. Cause I know I don't really like it.

Top Bottom