• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Imperial Legion, MD/VA crew. Xanadu Tuesdays, Legionary Wednesdays

Master WGS

Smash Lord
WGS when exactly will you be arriving? And do you have my address and phone #?
Most likely arriving sometime Saturday afternoon depending on when we end up actually leaving. People are working late tonight, so we can't leave until tomorrow morning, unfortunately. My guess is between 4 at the earliest, 6 at the latest? If I can, I'll see if I can swing us driving tonight, and just taking shifts with who all's willing/awake, since it'd be nice to have more time for the tournament, I'm sure.

Also, no I do not have your address/phone number. Was gonna PM you for it today. Will do so anyway in case you somehow miss this post.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Legionfest!

Teams:
1: Lucky Strokes #13 (Plank + Vist)
2: *****es love us (JCaesar + cmart)
3: yCTL (CTL + ycz)
4: Tyler's **** (Tyler + S****)
5: Chump and Chumpette (Master WGS + Roooster)
6: Team Troll (Lafco + 9K)
7: Beep Bep (Bandit + quinnydinny)

Singles:
1: Tyler (Ganon)
2: JCaesar (Link, ROB, Mario)
3: cmart (Bowser, G&W, Sonic)
4: Vist (Luigi, Fox)
5: ycz (Ike)
5: Plank (Fox, Wolf)
7: CTL (Falcon, DK)
7: Roooster (Snake)
9: S**** (G&W)
9: Godslafco (Mario)
9: Master WGS (Lucas, Marth)
9: Bandit (Zelda)
13: 9K+1 (DDD)
13: quinnydinny (Ganon)

[collapse="Bracket"]
[/collapse]
Edit: This bracket image isn't quite right. I won the first set of Grand Finals. Not that anyone cares :p

Lemme know if any characters are wrong or incomplete. Videos will be uploaded to my youtube channel sometime next week probably.

Shoutouts coming soon.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Good to know a member of the Ohio away team was good enough to beat MD's home team.

On two hours of sleep.

And beat the makers of the game.

/ShotsFired

:troll:

EDIT: Also, the most sincere thanks for hosting/almost housing us. We definitely would've stayed, but James/S****/Admiral was getting super ragey, and when Vanguard showed up and gave him and Roooster the promise of Guilty Gear, the offer was tough to pass up.

Seriously, you guys are the best. Worth the drive, for sure, but uh... might be a while before we go back. :p

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
What's that? It's hard to hear your ****talk from all the way down there at 9th place.

Sorry that none of our best players could show up.

Thanks for coming by though. You guys are troopers to be sure, and it was a fun weekend.

Vist

Smash Champion
LOL

Congrats to Tyler for doing well but I'm kinda suprised he ended up winning, tbh. He barely beat me in tourney in a pretty lame match-up and I put him on blast in friendlies later with my (melee) secondaries.

Also since we're throwing soft johns out there I'm just gonna go ahead and say I haven't played this game / melee in like 2 weeks and very little before that. Also had only a few hours of sleep.. Also my drive was like 20 minutes but I get tired of driving easily so that's kinda like driving from Ohio.. Also I climbed some mountains the day before and fought a bear. :troll:

Btw, not sure if our best players not showing up is all that accurate. Maybe Chillin would be an exception, but I don't really think any of the other good melee players in the region are gonna outclass someone like Jcaesar etc. who is familiar with the game (for example Chu goes even more or less with Jcaesar). The skill gaps just aren't that drastic like they are in melee. Besides, even though neither of us are all that active these days, Plank and I are up there / can hang with the rest of the region's top in melee.

also @ cmart - lol yea dat bowser x_X gonna have to do something other than Luigi against all these heavy *** characters. Maybe it's just the way I'm playing, but there's the slightest difference with shielding / oos timing over what I'd expect in melee that makes it way too frustrating to fight them.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Don't get us mistaken, cmart, we drove to play Project M with other humans, not for any of you specifically.

j/k, We love you guys. Makes me super sad you don't live nearby. Would go to this all the time if that was the case. Let's set up a halfway point to meet up every few weeks.

Making me more bummed Tyler and I can't go to FC. :(

GuruKid

Smash Ace
Shoutouts to MD/VA for getting spanked by midwest!

WGS pleeeease try to make FC! It's really far from me as well but I'm also trying my best to make it out there. It's looking to be P:M's biggest event so far; be a part of history!

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
WGS: We should all meet up at a Pittsburgh tourney!

Btw, not sure if our best players not showing up is all that accurate. Maybe Chillin would be an exception, but I don't really think any of the other good melee players in the region are gonna outclass someone like Jcaesar etc. who is familiar with the game (for example Chu goes even more or less with Jcaesar). The skill gaps just aren't that drastic like they are in melee. Besides, even though neither of us are all that active these days, Plank and I are up there / can hang with the rest of the region's top in melee.
I beat Chu at Shell Shocked, but a week later at Zenith he wrecked my ****. Now that he knows what he's doing with Pikachu in the game, he's on a different level. There's also Ryoko who's way better than me, and I'm willing to bet G-Reg and Redd are pretty damn good too, depending on how much they've been practicing.

CTL17

Smash Lord
Congrats to Tyler for doing well but I'm kinda suprised he ended up winning, tbh. He barely beat me in tourney in a pretty lame match-up and I put him on blast in friendlies later with my (melee) secondaries.
Ohio is weak to Captain Falcon.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Fun fact, Tyler playing Ganon has given him some fun Falcon tricks, so we might be learning that matchup soon. ;) Roooster has also discovered a pretty beast, possibly zero to death, combo on Falcon with Snake. It's hysterical.

:phone:

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I need to play Magus more to get some practice against technical Ganons. And work on the matchup with a character who doesn't rely solely on camping and get 0-deathed by a single grab.

Argh, so many unexplored matchups in this game!

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Link can CG? It sure doesn't seem like it. I occasionally get regrabs from following tech rolls or after a jab but I never though it was a true CG like Ganon's.

Magus420

Smash Master
He (and TL since it's the same d-throw) can CG like crazy. People seem to just not be aware of it. It's about as potent as Ganon's on non-heavyweights, but starts after 0 and ends later. He can CG Ganon about 50-120, and Ganon's on him is 0-80. If Ganon weren't so fat it'd start lower. Link CGs Lucas 20-140 for example while Ganon's on Lucas is 0-110. Also, you can't even DI to a platform on theirs because they do not need to even move to regrab.

Top Bottom