• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ike Match-Up Ratio Topic

Heartstring

Smash Legend
yeah i kept watching, im just waiting for it to load, im honestly gonig to kill dad for switching to AOL -__-

ive onyl really played one D3, but he was rusty as hell and kept messing up the chaingrab, every tiem he grabbed me it ended up with me giving more damage than taking XD
but spacing, oh my lord is spacing important here

Heartstring

Smash Legend
oh you get what i mean you silly XD
its important that our spacing is impeccable because d3 has simple answers to not perfect spacing and-depending of where in the stage they are-can lead to large amount of damage

theeboredone

Smash Legend

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I love aether's anti-air tactics catching people trying to bait an attack and jump up to punish what we do.

Also i don't want Gp thinking we have MUs were spacing isn't important

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i know its important in all matchups. jesus christ im not that bad. spacing is like the best part of my ike atm :L

Dat Archer

Smash Cadet
Yes, but floaty characters can DI out with ease. I think the king has a bit of trouble with his size and all.

Bair is a lot easier to hit on a larger target, but I bet you know that. Point being Dee should be easier to land a Bair on than smaller characters.

:phone:

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Easier to land it on him than on short characters like Kirby and Olimar perhaps (Bair will often just whiff over their heads). But his spot dodge is so good that it makes it difficult to land a Bair in any situation that isn't a punishment of something else.

The only time we have the edge on DDD is when he is above us or off-stage. In either case our advantage is significant, but so is his if he is controlling the center of the stage.

:248:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
@Dat Archer

Well that is true, larger characters always are vulnerable to be hit more often than smaller characters. Bair does have more chances to hit DDD, but you also need more % to kill with it unlike with lightweights where bair is a godsend as its fast and usually safer to use.

Bair is equally important against each character for different reasons.

Also bair hits the Z axis so his post lag spot dodge isn't immune to bair. Ike actually has a lot of moves to hit Z axis (uair, bair, and ftilt) His spot dodge is good at preventing holding jab to punish spot dodge.

Dat Archer

Smash Cadet
@Ussi: Versus a smaller character it will kill faster/be safer, but at the same time be harder to land. You could just be hitting air the whole time. Not that its bad move to use, simply saying. It won't kill Deee as fast but it will be easier to land, and at least it will force him offstage where you can put him in a bad spot.

@Nys: that really goes for a lot of moves, not just Bair. But you're right, punishing is more often or not where it'll hit. Still basic SH Bair can hit, and gives you another chance to use it.

Deee above us is sorta like kirby imo. Not in the sense of his attacks but the baiting he can do just by mid air jumping.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Kirby has a lot more safe options to get back down and better mobility when he's above us though. If we catch DDD above a platform or just generally high in the air, we can really do some work on him as long as we don't mess up.

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
*just watched Nys' set against a DDD
Yeah, I'm actually impressed by how effective aether was when the DDD was above you! I'll try it.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
It's mainly only effective off-stage though; only time you should do it on-stage is if there are platforms or a slope you can use to mix up how you land Aether.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I actually enjoy using aether on stages with slopes. It enables me to take a risky move, while sliding away and preventing the opponent from counter attacking. Works well even on YI.

Dat Archer

Smash Cadet
CS.. yeah I can see that. I'd be a little worried during the second stage but eh you can force a different place to fight rather just the floor. HB too. Though thats really only at the start.

I wouldn't CP ps1 versus a Dee.

Also Rainbow Cruise and Brinstar are banned on some stagelists if I'm not mistaken.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
walls are a 50/50 shot to either character to get wall locked on PS1.

CP delfino vs DDD and abuse slanted platforms :D

Heartstring

Smash Legend
wow, CS is actualyl a decent stage for us. ebtter than i took it for anyway
but not vs. ddd. the hell are you doing man

Dat Archer

Smash Cadet
But on DP during like three stages Dee can CG you to the blast zone. It could work with water spikes but its still kinda risky.

And its much easier for Dee to wall lock Ike than it is the other way around.

I think Halberd gives you the best chance.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
oh CG to the walloff ... I'm sooo scared that I'll leave myself open to it instead of camping the area where you can't CG to the walkoff

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
well the 3rd part of the stage isn't exactly what I'd call a good CP against DDD anyway... no platforms, long DF-shaped sucky rock over the lava.

The first part of the stage IS really good though.

Dat Archer

Smash Cadet
Camping with no projectile. Might as well say you're going to time him out too.

Having a margin for error and making things easier for you isn't a bad thing. Honestly does Delphino have that much more positives than negatives? Because I don't think so.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
its more stalling the transformation if you want to be literal

just like what someone should be doing on RC when it rises up

Dat Archer

Smash Cadet
Eh, I'm just a bit skeptical that's all.

The more I think of it the more I see bad positions you can be put it.

holyv

Smash Journeyman
I don't understand WHY ike has 55:45 against luigi, even if luigi can Up-B ALL of ike's moves? and gimp him easily with fair?

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504

Anyway, on the topic of stages, I counterpick many characters to BF, Delfino at times, and Lylat. SV is mainly my neutral starter, can't tell if that's bad or not, but I haven't experienced any detriments. How do we fare on Frigate?

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I don't understand WHY ike has 55:45 against luigi, even if luigi can Up-B ALL of ike's moves? and gimp him easily with fair?
You're right.

It really should be 60:40 in Ike's favor. Not really sure what some people were thinking. I mean, all we have to do against Luigi is throw out random attacks, watch him slide away with shield push, and then gimp his slow and predictable recovery, right guys? :troll:

Heartstring

Smash Legend
see you guys say that, but i cant for the life of me keep luigi away. he just powershields everything i do. its really really irritating
im waiting to get called a scrub now. but honestly, **** luigi XD

Top Bottom