• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Heavenly Scriptures:A Pit Q&A thread!

Esca

Smash Champion
Don Guero, you and I will go into a practice session before the tournament starts. I have some stuff I'll show you that nobody really knows about.

Don Guero

Smash Journeyman
What do you want help with?
Falco, Wario, Lucario, Marth, Diddy, G&W....... i could go on lol any useful info would be very much appreciated

Don Guero, you and I will go into a practice session before the tournament starts. I have some stuff I'll show you that nobody really knows about.
haha alright!!!!!!!!! ill see you there man!!!!!!!!

Esca

Smash Champion
I'm leaving today to go to Houston to chill and have a few smashfests, then Friday I'm getting there mega early to set up.

pitskeyblade

Smash Lord
Makin movies makin songs & FIGHTIN ROUND THE W
Alright, so every tourney there's this one character that I'm not prepared for that I'm forced to practically become an expert on to beat. This time it's Falco. Does anybody have any suggestions on what to do to not get destroyed by a Falco (besides the obvious avoiding the CG). What DO you do when a Falco chain grabs you? What are the best counterpicks for Falco?

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
Alright, so every tourney there's this one character that I'm not prepared for that I'm forced to practically become an expert on to beat. This time it's Falco. Does anybody have any suggestions on what to do to not get destroyed by a Falco (besides the obvious avoiding the CG). What DO you do when a Falco chain grabs you? What are the best counterpicks for Falco?
As a Falco main I say you deal with the chaingrab, if it goes above 40 then jump out of it, otherwise deal with it. You probably want to recover under the stage after the spike off the edge so you don't get gimped.

Backthrowing Falco off the edge then arrowing him should put him in a terrible position, where you can gimp by edgehogging. In general if you get a grab, put him off edge, and block his horizontal recovery so that he has to firebird or jump up on stage. Otherwise, get him off stage any other method possible.

When dropping down from the air, you'll want to cover your side with an aerial to outprioritize his backair (usual Falco response to you in the air).

The counterpick on Falco is generally just uneven ground, like Yoshi's, etc. But Delfino is a bad one for them too.

If you plank, Falco players will hate you. But watch for the drop down to rising bair they might pull out.

Dark_Kuro

Smash Rookie
I find myself using Angel Ring to push people of edges a lot and as an attempt to edge guard. Sometimes it works, sometimes they get back up. Just wondering if this is effective enough? I know that I could spike them with down tilt, but I haven't quite mastered that yet XP

pitskeyblade

Smash Lord
Makin movies makin songs & FIGHTIN ROUND THE W
I find myself using Angel Ring to push people of edges a lot and as an attempt to edge guard. Sometimes it works, sometimes they get back up. Just wondering if this is effective enough? I know that I could spike them with down tilt, but I haven't quite mastered that yet XP
Well, the reason it works only sometimes may be because when you're attempting to use the Angel Ring on them, they had just grabbed back on the stage and are still in their invincibility frame. If you time it correctly so that they won't be invincible, it should work well. However, I avoid using the Angel Ring unless I know I can seriously hurt someone with it because if you mess up, it can be punished very easily.

Dark_Kuro

Smash Rookie
Figured that it had to do with timing. Thankies. That's the only time I really use Angel Ring since the edge can be a tight spot for some people.

Esca

Smash Champion
I think it's unpredictable and decent against certain characters but I don't think it should be used too often Guero.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
How much priority does WoI give Pit anyways? Like what projectiles wouldn't get canceled out by using WoI?

edit: nevermind, if it's a windbox, it works the way it works :p

Katana_koden

Smash Ace
fly under the stage to the other ledge
That would be bad because diddy will be already halfway across the stage to properly aim his peanuts. He can bait it and lead to an easy KO.

#1 Simply time the peanut and evade onto stage. You should at least grab the peanut and toss it back.

If he zones in with the peanut, just ready an uair.

#2 jump from the ledge over the peanuts and arrow him.

If he jumps with the peanuts, then just ledge drop, jump, arrow between intervals.

Don Guero

Smash Journeyman
FD and Battle Field for neutrals. smashville is good too cuz the platform helps you camp. as for counter picks, i like to go to Norfair and Brinstar when theyre legal. Rainbow is also good but too many people use mk so i dont go there.
pictochat is very spacious so its a pretty good stage too. idk pit has so many good stages it really all depends on where you feel the most comfortable in

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
For Waft, ask me bout the Pit guide somewhere. I will be taking a look personally on what you got planned, while looking at the differences between yours the current progress I have.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
1. THE FIGHT IS ON!
2. HIYAYAYAYA
3. Arrow
4. Arrow
5. Arrow
6. Arrow
7. YOU'RE NOT READY YET
8. GREAT PALUTENA, VICTORY IS OURS!

Top Bottom