• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Heavenly Scriptures:A Pit Q&A thread!

luxingo

Smash Journeyman
WoI (third letter is a capital 'i') is the abbreviation of Wings of Icarus, which is Pit's up special.

Just expanding on what LancerStaff said, if you start WoI and touch the ground with Pit's feet (not landing but just brushing the ground), you can use glide and WoI again without needing to touch the ground.

Mr.Pikachu

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EzioJett
So how slowly do I turn the controller in a half circle motion? I turn it kinda fast and slow but they still don't come back

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
So how slowly do I turn the controller in a half circle motion? I turn it kinda fast and slow but they still don't come back
It's kinda hard to describe, but it's the same speed as standard looping. You know how the arrows don't go exactly the way you move the stick, right? So when looping clockwise for an arrow rain, you should end up pressing down and left into the notch on the controller if your controller has them.

There's a training stage you can make if you want. Something like this:
_
_
_
_
_

Just plop a character up there and you'll see the arrows looping around. You can even set it to tiny Brawl for even more space to aim your arrows around, but it's hardly necessary.

Mr.Pikachu

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EzioJett
Shoot a few arrows straight up and loop the last one down, the rest should end up in about the same spot if you don't continue controlling them.

And just for clairity, arrows don't go away if they go off the top, but they do after going off the sides.
So when I'm shooting the last arrow do I slightly turn it to the side opposite of me then loop it down or do I just curve it all the way towards the stage as soon as I shooth the arrow? Sorry my question might not be very easy to understand.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
So when I'm shooting the last arrow do I slightly turn it to the side opposite of me then loop it down or do I just curve it all the way towards the stage as soon as I shooth the arrow? Sorry my question might not be very easy to understand.
I usually loop the last shot right away so things don't get messed up. If I had to guess, your arrows are hitting the side blastzones and disappearing. You pretty much have to stand on the opposite edge if you're trying to loop a shot back down.

I hold up on the last shot, then for raining to the right, rotate clockwise until I hit down/left.

Mr.Pikachu

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EzioJett
I usually loop the last shot right away so things don't get messed up. If I had to guess, your arrows are hitting the side blastzones and disappearing. You pretty much have to stand on the opposite edge if you're trying to loop a shot back down.

I hold up on the last shot, then for raining to the right, rotate clockwise until I hit down/left.
Ohh so that's why it wasn't coming back down, I always thought curving the arrow as soon as it comes out would make the arrows go too far to the right/left of the stage. The loops don't curve that tightly...

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
How do you do the arrow swarm? Like when you can loop 2 or more arrows at once?
Lotsa practice. I believe the idea is to loop the first shot ASAP through Pit and fire again when it passes through him, and don't forget to let off the control stick when you do. Really though, I'm not too sure myself.

Say, you happen to be doing this to practice for SSB4?

Mr.Pikachu

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EzioJett
Lotsa practice. I believe the idea is to loop the first shot ASAP through Pit and fire again when it passes through him, and don't forget to let off the control stick when you do. Really though, I'm not too sure myself.

Say, you happen to be doing this to practice for SSB4?
I guess you could say that. I'm getting ssb4 for wii u but that's like basically next year. Thanks for the answer though!

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I guess you could say that. I'm getting ssb4 for wii u but that's like basically next year. Thanks for the answer though!
Well, Pit's arrows have been rehauled. At about 30:25 in the direct, (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xUWnQu2Grs) we see that they don't go on horribly long and are in all likelyhood controlled differently based on how easily he straightens the shot out.

On the bright side, charging them has a noticeable effect on speed and his new weapons are awesome. :chuckle:

Top Bottom