• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Heavenly Scriptures:A Pit Q&A thread!

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I am highly tempted on this little humorous guide of yours, considering the Pit boards are lacking a few things... as if we had too much random threads bout ATs closed, and not to mention our reputation not being the best, well mainly due to stereotypes...

Then again I don't favor the type of humor when it makes a mockery of us (or me mostly) even more. Alas, if you are so wanting to do this to where I can't convince you not to, just let me organize it, between you and me, though I still wouldn't want this to be done.

pitskeyblade

Smash Lord
Makin movies makin songs & FIGHTIN ROUND THE W
i cant seem to make it work for me :/ the platform gets in my way like the shy guys and i cant fly under the stage. what can pit do on this stage?

It's a pretty good juggling stage. The platform is so big that it would be easy to hit someone on it from any side of stage. Sharking with Pit's Uair is a fun thing to do, and a conveniently placed Fair when the platform tilts is good too. Arrow spammage is useful because you can just aim up under your opponent. I hope that wasn't a rhetorical question...

pitskeyblade

Smash Lord
I want to ask a serious question of the Pit boards: How important do you think arrows are in game play? Do you think techniques using arrows, such as Arrow Looping, is useful? Please be honest in your opinion.
Arrows are very important, at least in my style. I use arrows to make opponents keep their distance and force them to approach me. Arrow looping is a pretty cool trick, but in actual tournament play it is kinda useless. Arrow looping puts Pit in a position where he could be punished easily. Any time where an arrow loop MIGHT hit your opponent, a regular arrow WOULD hit your opponent. Personally, I don't arrow loop unless an opponent is at an angle where I wouldn't normally be able to hit him with a regular arrow, such as a planking Meta Knight. *cough* sPiTe *cough* Or I arrow loop when I wanna taunt an opponent after taking one of his lives. That is my honest opinion. Hope it helps.

Don Guero

Smash Journeyman
It's a pretty good juggling stage. The platform is so big that it would be easy to hit someone on it from any side of stage. Sharking with Pit's Uair is a fun thing to do, and a conveniently placed Fair when the platform tilts is good too. Arrow spammage is useful because you can just aim up under your opponent. I hope that wasn't a rhetorical question...
lol no it was a serious question. its usually the first stage that i strike.what characters should i take to Yoshi´s?

Katana_koden

Smash Ace
I want to ask a serious question of the Pit boards: How important do you think arrows are in game play? Do you think techniques using arrows, such as Arrow Looping, is useful? Please be honest in your opinion.
Arrows are important:
Un stales our attacks that does 13- 15 average.
Nice speed and control.
Provides pressure.
They are the underdeveloped to his meta game people are scared to use arrow loops because they are a no go in tourney but, how many pits go to tourney?

I'll have to do a guide on arrow looping properly. You won't learn till you try. ^ since this seems BS too many right now.

But for now ignore what I say about arrow looping. xD

Tikun

Smash Apprentice
Yes, arrows are our game.
There are some matchups that we can't use them (GaW, Space Animals).
Arrow loopings ARE NOT important. Almost everything that you do with and arrow looping you can do with a standard one.

Theyy are completely usefull on friendlys matches cuz your oponent is not putting everything that he has on it. But in real tournament matches, arrow looping woun't get anyone.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Arrow Looping? Good LOL. No.... I use it sometimes, but not always, Like the guy said before me arrow loops might hit while shooting an arrow has more of a chance hitting; Arrow looping sometimes is luck. You got to keep in mind that it leaves you open and your di will be kinda off if you continue to try to arrow loop while getting hit. Only arrow loop when you think you can atleast put your opponent in a bad position to punish them, Intimidate them to airdodge then follow up. Sometimes Use it vs ic's I almost got cg'd by an ic's then by LUCK an arrow I looped hit Nana

CYVE

Smash Journeyman
@Patriotic Zero (PTZR)

Dude you´re so funny. Even on AiB.

Congratz ~

e: Arrow loops aren´t unnecessary ,most of you guys just loop wrong.
We won´t improve Pit and his meta game without arrows.
And no, this doesn´t mean that you depend on arrow loops. Especially not in tourneys.

just my two cents

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
@Patriotic Zero (PTZR)

Dude you´re so funny. Even on AiB.

Congratz ~

e: Arrow loops aren´t unnecessary ,most of you guys just loop wrong.
We won´t improve Pit and his meta game without arrows.
And no, this doesn´t mean that you depend on arrow loops. Especially not in tourneys.

just my two cents
Im funny? I find that as sarcasm :3. Quit being Modest ;D

dualseeker

Smash Ace
Pit: One of the greatest Heroes of our time
I think Arrows are the Soul of Pits game. If you do not use arrows frequently enough, you will not enjoy the full power Pit can have against an opponent. Arrows have MANY uses. Maybe more than you realize.

I also think Arrow Looping should be used sparingly. It can be used as a mindgame, but- as you have all said before- it leaves you open. I think you should wait until your opponent is open to use it. Although, it is helpful in some situations. It think it should be used a little bit more though.

EDIT: lol 100th Post ^__^.

pitskeyblade

Smash Lord
Does any of the Pit mains on here like to do dittos? Around where I live (North Carolina), there aren't any Pit users that I can play against. I'm just wondering how I'd stand up against someone else's style with Pit. I think it would be a good learning experience for me to do some dittos.

Tikun

Smash Apprentice
I suck at pit dittos.
Arrows pisses me off >_>
Although i can reach up till 200% cuz i can forsee (is that word right? oO) each incoming atack.

I suck at pit dittos.
Arrows pisses me off >_>
:laugh: Golden Rule: Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

Since you piss off people with arrows, people will piss you off with arrows. It's a nice little loop where even Pit hates arrows! Wahahaha!

dualseeker

Smash Ace
Pit: One of the greatest Heroes of our time
Does any of the Pit mains on here like to do dittos? Around where I live (North Carolina), there aren't any Pit users that I can play against. I'm just wondering how I'd stand up against someone else's style with Pit. I think it would be a good learning experience for me to do some dittos.
Pit dittos are challenging ^__^. I wouldn't mind playing more of them.

And yes, Arrows are annoying -__-. I guess it's true what Eryth says :laugh:!

loki15

Smash Cadet
Hey. I'm a relatively new Pit main and I was wondering if there were any good/pro pits willing to friendly over wifi to help me get better. Sorry if this is the wrong place to do this. I didn't want to start a new thread and there didn't seem to be another place to do it.

Thanks either way in advance.

Don Guero

Smash Journeyman
idk if people know this already, but apperently wingdashing shortens WOI time. im just saying for people that dont know.

btw how long does it take to recover full 5 seconds of WOI?

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
idk if people know this already, but apperently wingdashing shortens WOI time. im just saying for people that dont know.

btw how long does it take to recover full 5 seconds of WOI?
Uhh It takes about, 4-5 seconds to get you wings back to normal after wingdashing. I usually count how many steps I take b4 attempting to up-b again, because I'm afraid I might just fall off and die. I usually count 7 to 8 steps walking, 6 running.

pitskeyblade

Smash Lord
Hey. I'm a relatively new Pit main and I was wondering if there were any good/pro pits willing to friendly over wifi to help me get better. Sorry if this is the wrong place to do this. I didn't want to start a new thread and there didn't seem to be another place to do it.

Thanks either way in advance.
I could, if you like. Hey, does anyone know how to cut down on the lag of Pit's Dair or Nair?

Katana_koden

Smash Ace
You can finish both his nair and dair from a shorthop before landing.
not enough info.

You can do pits attacks as soon as you jump.

If you time it right, you can fast fall nair afterwards without the lag.

short hop dair, bair, fair, mirror shield all still have airtime so you will be able to jump or something after the attacks.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
GW main here. I know we have the advantage but I don't really know how to fight him. Any help?

I don't fall for Bucket Baits, I use lots of Uair, and the Up-B for spacing thing doesn't really bother me, I just don't know what I'm doing and I don't like to go in not knowing what i'm doing.

Don Guero

Smash Journeyman
GW main here. I know we have the advantage but I don't really know how to fight him. Any help?

I don't fall for Bucket Baits, I use lots of Uair, and the Up-B for spacing thing doesn't really bother me, I just don't know what I'm doing and I don't like to go in not knowing what i'm doing.
idk any moves that can help G&W more than others cuz theyre all pretty good. but what pit will do (at least my pit) is fake some arrows so you start taking out ur bucket and leave urself vulnerable. also look out for random arrows in mid range. other pits will fill up ur bucket so they can camp you. you can edge gaurd his recovery with the pan. and his Dsmash is pretty broken

Katana_koden

Smash Ace

My question is, what's the advantage really? If a character has more trouble fighting one character compared to others, does that mean its a disadvantage? Why not 50- 50 if they share similar exploited weakness such as weight vs power vs speed. Priority and range calls for new strategies to over come them. When you bypass the (falco's camp, G&W bair, absorb
or reflect projectiles) gay strategies, the matchup starts to even up.

Now question yourself, are you strategies working? Even if you use the right moves for spacing, do you think your opponent (Pit) is not reading you to bait you, still?

Now you read that pit player, when does he naturally shoot YOU an arrow (when he evades back)? Its not a bucket bait but a baited reaction.

Esca

Smash Champion
@ Allbrex : Against MK's I just ditto them. There really isn't much hope in that MU, sadly. :(

@ pitskeyblade: Snakes nair = through his body. Marth's DB = up and through his body. MK's tornado I usually shake my analog stick and footstool out of it.

@febs: i don't think so :(

Wolfang

Smash Journeyman
Question about wing refresh. It's easy to see how it happens when you get hit right after you begin to recover, but there have been plenty of times where I began it, attacked, and then started again, yet I've never found a surefire way. Knowing the proper condition for that would be nice, if someone doesnt mind.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Question about wing refresh. It's easy to see how it happens when you get hit right after you begin to recover, but there have been plenty of times where I began it, attacked, and then started again, yet I've never found a surefire way. Knowing the proper condition for that would be nice, if someone doesnt mind.
If your Feet skid the ground in any way you gain your jumps back aswell as another up-b. Keep in mind depending how long it takes you to cancel your first WoI also effects how long your second one will last. Like I said aslong as your feet skid on the ground on the stageyou gain your jumps back.

Edit: You Live in VA? We need to meet up and Pit ditto.

Wolfang

Smash Journeyman
Yea I live in VA. See you on the MDVA chat sometimes i think, i just dont say much. And yes, I would like some more Pit dittos. Missed the 5 Guys due to car trouble...

Anyways, thanks for the info on wing refresh.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Yea I live in VA. See you on the MDVA chat sometimes i think, i just dont say much. And yes, I would like some more Pit dittos. Missed the 5 Guys due to car trouble...

Anyways, thanks for the info on wing refresh.
It's all good i didn't go either If you need Pit info Pm me and leave me shout outs I got you.

Top Bottom