• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Heavenly Scriptures:A Pit Q&A thread!

Gah777

Smash Lord
thats called wing dashing. its good for mindgames, punishing, approaching, reatring, spacing, canceling projectiles, ect. it adds many options to your game. i cant say im the best at wing dashing ive won some matches because of it. if you wantto see it used well maybe you can watch some vids of sagemoon (not trying to kiss any *** here)
think of wing dashing like snakes mortar slide, its not necessary, but its a good weapon to have in ur arsenal
Okay. Is there a certain way to wing dash properly? I noticed that in some vids the pit would have landing lag and sometimes he wouldn't after wing dashing

Katana_koden

Smash Ace
The wing dash was seen as a spacing tool as wave dashing in melee.

A proper use, Due to its properties, use on projectiles to cancel them while moving.

Dair is usually used to cancel WOI which has horrible landing lag. If we mess up on canceling it we get the lag.
-------------------------------------------------
I never really paid much attention to it but, dash attack spikes.
I haven't done much testing but, after f throw to dash attack it sometimes spikes.

-DI down can be a factor
- Like our d tilt, it might spike at a certain hitbox
- if the above is true it may have falco's illusion* properties

*falco's side B. if opponent is on the ground, they are sent up, but if in air, they are spiked. Basically any spike =_=;

Anyone else can help clarify this?

Don Guero

Smash Journeyman
The wing dash was seen as a spacing tool as wave dashing in melee.

A proper use, Due to its properties, use on projectiles to cancel them while moving.

Dair is usually used to cancel WOI which has horrible landing lag. If we mess up on canceling it we get the lag.
-------------------------------------------------
I never really paid much attention to it but, dash attack spikes.
I haven't done much testing but, after f throw to dash attack it sometimes spikes.

-DI down can be a factor
- Like our d tilt, it might spike at a certain hitbox
- if the above is true it may have falco's illusion* properties

*falco's side B. if opponent is on the ground, they are sent up, but if in air, they are spiked. Basically any spike =_=;

Anyone else can help clarify this?
ive always thought dash attack spikes sometimes cuz pit makes a similar motion in Dtilt

humble

Smash Ace
Quick question:

Does everybody know the technique where if you WoI while running off a ledge, you cancel it and fall off? If yes, what is it called?

Does anybody else SH, WoI before peaking, then wing lunge? Its useful, and if you wing lunge and then retreat it, its safe on shields (if you space it and are hitting with the very tip)

If you WoI as you run off a ledge then WoI again to get the auto ledge snap, you have an almost instantaneous double wind boost and speed ledgegrab for awesome ledgehogs and gimps. Or use it once to go off and push them away from ledge and then punish them with an aerial.

Does anyone else think a great OOS option for spacing is wingdash? Shield, jump OOS and then wingdash backwards, fire an arrow, or do whatever.

Is it good shield pressure to use fullhop nair, double jump dair, winglunge fair retreat? Rising multihit their shield, MK esque swipe at them, poke shield safely.

Why don't more pits camp the ledge?

MysteriousSilver

Smash Ace
Don't think it has a name.

Sometimes, if they've been automatically grabbing, I'll jump just above grab range then WoI and punish. Not often, though.

Yup.

No, because Wingdash takes, what, 27 frames or something? Plus shield drop time... that's way higher than human reaction time. Rather throw out something fast.

Be careful with being that aggressive.

Because it's boring.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
what moves of pit go through tornado (and I don't mean what is used to go through the exposed areas, I mean what can go through it theway falcos laser & diddy's naners, etc do?

when snakes Ftilt is sheilded, whats the best punish options. And what is the best strategy for preventing the ftilt?

which characters does the fthrow X3 -> dash attack combo work on? is there a chart with this info listed?

Is there a detailed guide that explains how exactly WoI works. Not the advanced techniques behind it, I read those already. I just wanna know things like how to control it, it lasts long at times, and not so long at others, and how far I can go down before it cancels on me, preferable some frame data on the max and min amount of frames it lasts.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Sadly to my knowledge Pit has no moves that stop tornado. The only moves that stop tornado are on mk's starting frames of the nado. Which would be Pits Ftilt, and a half charged arrow. Punishing snake's ftilt, if timed right you can Buffer a running grab. Pits jab might come out faster then the second move of the ftilt. I usually just di away then proceed into shooting arrows. As for character wise on who can get Fthrowed to dash attack. Snake, D3, Dk, Zelda (buffer sheild grabs), Zard, Wolf (frame perfect), Fox, Falco, Ike (buffer sheild grab), Falcon (buffer sheild Grab), Ganon. Like I said earlier its better to fthrow shutter step f-smash for a guaranteed 27%-30%. As for frame data im clueless...

Katana_koden

Smash Ace
Is there a detailed guide that explains how exactly WoI works. Not the advanced techniques behind it, I read those already. I just wanna know things like how to control it, it lasts long at times, and not so long at others, and how far I can go down before it cancels on me, preferable some frame data on the max and min amount of frames it lasts.
Thanks for extra ideas for data to look at:
WOI frames before movement in air
WOI frames before auto cancel on ground
Instant WOI again after cancel frames
Convert frames to seconds

Lets do it all

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
The best move is bair, Like Silver said though we can't Grab release till he is over the edge or we are on yoshi's slants. We can Bair, Up-smash, F-smash (Timing is different), Dair, and Fair. I reccomend Bair as it's his best killing move. If you're having problems killing with bair and the wario is at 180%-200% Dair.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
The best move is bair, Like Silver said though we can't Grab release till he is over the edge or we are on yoshi's slants. We can Bair, Up-smash, F-smash (Timing is different), Dair, and Fair. I reccomend Bair as it's his best killing move. If you're having problems killing with bair and the wario is at 180%-200% Dair.
I tried RARing my Bair when playing online (so basically I turned around before I jumped, but i guess that was too slow for he escaped before I could beat him up :p. I guess I have to just short hop with out turning around and try to hit him with my Bair so that it send Wario forward. So yeah thanks for the list of guaranteed things

sorry if I am bothering u with all these questions, I just really wanna know my research

so I was watching videos of pits and in a teams match, I noticed something. The pit Jab x2 then Dsmash, and it looked like a true combo to me. so this question is about the jab. What comboes can be performed out of 1 or 2 jabs?

x1 follow ups are grab and what else?
x2 follow ups are grab (though I tried it online vs Wario and he could sidestep :/, maybe its online, maybe i'm doing it wrong, maybe this follow up only works on certain characters, or maybe it maybelline :p). and what else, Dsmash? Fsmash?

Katana_koden

Smash Ace
Fortunately for us, when we jab, we pop the enemy in the air a little bit.

If you use jab 1, it is only used more for a mind game. They usually would be able to shield before we can re-act.

Jab 2 is better because pit will have a frame advantage. We will be able to shield before them. The time they are in the air, plus landing lag gives us the advantage to pull off a quick move.
Jab 2 also pulls them in.

It must of been online, I think wario is more floaty and it works better for floaty characters.

Don Guero

Smash Journeyman
or maybe it maybelline :p).
haha i like this guy :laugh:

i say go for jab 2 for more damage. as far as i know it doesnt restrict you from any follow ups

Jab 2 is better because pit will have a frame advantage.
i think marth can dolphin out of our jab, idk cuz i dont research much. is this a fact or am i just slow at pressing A?

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757

i say go for jab 2 for more damage. as far as i know it doesnt restrict you from any follow ups

i think marth can dolphin out of our jab, idk cuz i dont research much. is this a fact or am i just slow at pressing A?
Marth can up-b out of anything that is multihit from pit

LaIotun

Smash Apprentice
You can hit the 2nd hit of fsmash if you fsmash immediately I'm pretty sure
not sure what you mean by different timing

Katana_koden

Smash Ace

Marth can up B out of it because, when our jab is below about 34%, its not considered a true combo. SO its safe after about 34% and jab fast.

dualseeker

Smash Ace
Pit: One of the greatest Heroes of our time
Well, I've heard of one strategy in where you would fill up G&W's bucket so he couldn't block your arrows anymore. And here's a good little hint; if he is of stage and you fire an arrow at him and he absorbs it, keep firing arrows. Eventually, he might be so far down he won't be able to recover.

Tikun

Smash Apprentice
Sorry didn't get your point.
You would like to know how to proceed a retreating fair on the 2nd or 3rd jump?

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Fastest as in Momentum cancel ariel or fastest as in which one comes out faster?

I believe there is a Frame Data thread in the Pit forums. I use Bair for Momentum cancel..

dualseeker

Smash Ace
Pit: One of the greatest Heroes of our time
i like to do retreating Fairs for spacing. is there an easy way to do em in the 2nd or 3rd jump without ending up with a glide?
If you have a game cube controller, start learning how to use the c-stick. Makes performing directional aerials while retreating much easier. Just jump (however you like to jump) and while holding the control stick back to retreat, push the C-stick in the correct direction to perform the corresponding aerial attack (i.e.: if you are facing right, C-stick right= Fair, C-stick left= Bair, C-stick up=Uair, C-stick down=Dair.).

Top Bottom