• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Heavenly Scriptures:A Pit Q&A thread!

Wolfang

Smash Journeyman
Info, not so much, since you just answered my final question about Pit, I hope. Matches though, yes. Takes too long to get stuff started on xat, if you know what I mean. Regardless, ill just meet you on there whenever im good to go.

Coffee™

I need it....
Jab is really good as well as AR. Don't bother fighting her in the air....you lose there. Gliding sucks in this matchup.

Weak Bair is good for gimping her tether.

Pit can F-thow 3x to Dash Attack for 32% at the beginning of her stocks.

Overall just be patient and punish her stuff with grounded moves and learn the spacing to ledge camp her.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Its simple, what you do is Run then tap turn around and arrow. I use it alot. I'll put a vid up, But onceyou get the timing down its super easy. Practice running away then turn around arrow.

Apollo$

Smash Ace
When I Approach with pit I pretty always go in spacing fair, should I mix it up with curved arrows? What are good uses for dair?

Dark_Kuro

Smash Rookie
So I was on Wi-Fi today and was doing a team battle. There was a Samus. At one point in the match, I dashed towards Samus in an attempted grab, and at the same time they used their grab. After the match I took a closer look at the replay I got, and it seemed that Samus's grab missed, and when I touched Samus, I managed to do a small bit of damage, but failed to actually grab Samus. Any explanation?

Oh, and not really a question, but in that same match I managed to score 2 KOs by jumping in front of Charge Shot and reflecting it, and in another match I finally managed to do a D-tilt spike. Which made me happy XP

Katana_koden

Smash Ace
tethers usually get canceled when you hit them because they have to pull you in first.
There is grab priority so maybe you grab was able to come first.
Samus's grab fails much.
Spamming online or if slid near edge can cause early beak-out.

Tikun

Smash Apprentice
I just tested that out, i always heard about it but... ROFLMMFAO
Than you should say that Samus Pummels are the worst in the game.
The worst grab IMO is ganondorf's or Ness....

Range and Ending lag sucks.

Besides, samus uses it's zair constantly on it's metagame.

Geddan

Smash Ace
so i was wondering, what are some good reasons for maining pit?

i thought about switching to a different main a few times, and pit has been a contender for that title. i just want to know what advantages there are to maining pit as compared to someone else.

Tikun

Smash Apprentice
Pit's is capable of being usefull with all characters and stages.
We don't have any REALLY BAD matchups (the worst is MK that is considered 60/40 @mk's so far).
Our KO capacity is not high but we can always have it fresh because of our arrows.

Characters with spams have a bad time against us because our Mirror shield and angel ring (that can be used in separeted conditions).
the only problem is characters that can out range us. Such as Mk and Marth... you should know the matchup very well...

See some videos of Masashi, KoolAid and Yass.
These are the best (and different) pit's IMO.

:)

Tikun

Smash Apprentice
His inputs of AAA and arrow cammping always makes it's fresh moves.
Pit has almost always killing moves fresh.. Util, AAA, Arrow Camping makes it fresh.

Remember:
You have a list of 10 atacks that suffers stall.
If you use 1 fsmash ... it goes to the 1th place.
After 9 arrows or pummels, or whatever... your fsmash is fresh again.

pitskeyblade

Smash Lord
Makin movies makin songs & FIGHTIN ROUND THE W
His inputs of AAA and arrow cammping always makes it's fresh moves.
Pit has almost always killing moves fresh.. Util, AAA, Arrow Camping makes it fresh.

Remember:
You have a list of 10 atacks that suffers stall.
If you use 1 fsmash ... it goes to the 1th place.
After 9 arrows or pummels, or whatever... your fsmash is fresh again.
So basically, any combination of nine grabs and pummels, arrows, or jabs will refresh his moves? Or is it every tenth move?

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Samus has the worst grab in the game. When Samus grabs Bowser and pummels him, it does 0% every time.
Get your facts straight. It ghost pummels like twice, after that it does 1%. We don't know why it happens but yeah, it's pretty bad, theres a few other ones it won't do anything to as well.

nice try though ;)

pitsky doesn't do tilts though lol and I think it's 10, like the move has to be fully out of stale for it to be fresh. so when it's NOT in the stale move slot anymore it's golden.Has to connect to stale it though

Katana_koden

Smash Ace
I dont know if I show make a thread but I tested..

It refreshes 1 per input, so infinites per hit does refresh, only for that 1 attack commanded

Jab1- yes
jab2-no
jab3-yes
jab infinite -yes but once
All tilts- yes
All smashes- yes
All aerials- yes
WOI- no
P arrow- yes
Angel Ringu- yes, including if the wind from it hits only, yet WOI doesnt work
Mirror shield- no
All throws- yes
Ledge attacks- yes
Grab pummel- yes per hit

Takes 9 hits of any other move to refresh that 1 attack

I haven't tested super stale moves that were used multiple times

pitskeyblade

Smash Lord
Makin movies makin songs & FIGHTIN ROUND THE W
Get your facts straight. It ghost pummels like twice, after that it does 1%. We don't know why it happens but yeah, it's pretty bad, theres a few other ones it won't do anything to as well.

nice try though ;)

pitsky doesn't do tilts though lol and I think it's 10, like the move has to be fully out of stale for it to be fresh. so when it's NOT in the stale move slot anymore it's golden.Has to connect to stale it though
Pshaw, whatever. I tilt plenty *cough* now *cough*. Just not on Wifi, m'kay?

@deathbygoten- um, I can't speak for the others but I'm like 18, so ya I'm old. Cool name you've got there.

Afropony

Smash Lord
Whats up pit boards! Im just pit main living in utah!
I think im good at looping arrows but ya I was wondering if there any really good pits that
Are young cause I'm only 13
I'm 15, I usually place top 3 in the tournaments I go to but I live in Australia so I guess the competition level isn't as high.

Don Guero

Smash Journeyman
I'm 15, I usually place top 3 in the tournaments I go to but I live in Australia so I guess the competition level isn't as high.
bro........ ive seen ur vids! dont talk smack about urself man ur pit is legit........ now ur just making me feel bad!!!!! lol nah dude you play against some good players

@deathbygoten.......im 16 but i feel like im twelve..........

Shurely

Smash Cadet
hey, I have been trying to decide between a couple characters to pick up. Im mostly wondering, does pit have a high learning curve? does it take long to learn and play him well?

Don Guero

Smash Journeyman
hey, I have been trying to decide between a couple characters to pick up. Im mostly wondering, does pit have a high learning curve? does it take long to learn and play him well?
the easiest characters to learn are G&W, Mk, Wario?, and Pit

lol@ kitamerby!!!! hahahaha XD thats too funy!!!!

Shurely

Smash Cadet
the easiest characters to learn are G&W, Mk, Wario?, and Pit

lol@ kitamerby!!!! hahahaha XD thats too funy!!!!
okay sweet. thank you. ya i have been messing around with GaW too. i'm just looking for a semi easy to pick up character for a secondary.

Shurely

Smash Cadet
Look at the matchups that are disadvantageous to your main and see whether Pit is any good against those characters.
well honestly pit and pika have very similar bad match ups. but pika can deal with most of his and doesnt need a secondary. I just want a secondary incase im not feeling comfortable with pika or i just feel like playing a diff character.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
Ive had a random though about arrow loops being, + or -. I assume most of the discussion is about doing damage/stunning someone so pit can take advantage, or just being overall useless in that it takes too long to set up and leaves you open.

I usually only used arrow loops to mostly entertain myself during a match. Overall i find they dont really serve a real purpose in combat unless you practice enough with them and can do it and hit the mark consistently.

However, i do find its most useful point for me is just to make my opponent paranoid to the point when ever they see an arrow fly off the screen at an angle they have their focus split between you and your arrow. Even if you dont even plan to use it against them. I also found that some people even dodge when the arrow isnt even close to hitting them.

Does anyone else use arrow loops for only this specific purpose as well? Or is it bad as well since it may or may not split your focus as well?

Katana_koden

Smash Ace
Does anyone else use arrow loops for only this specific purpose as well? Or is it bad as well since it may or may not split your focus as well?
Well think of arrow looping differently. You want to use it as an approach. If you get better, its not a mind game but something "ghey" because you are there to punish a block or hit by the stun.

Don't use arrow loops that go up and then come down like singe or multiple arrow rain. Its so less useful in time and control. Use loops that go horizontal across the stage, therefore they are more likely to be in conflict with the arrow besides a jump, which is great also for a loop.

Time your loops. From the moment your arrow possibly missed the opponent the first time such as an evade or jump, that your opportunity to make a decision, retreat/ retreat to approach/ or attack/defend in place. When you retreat is obviously when you are attempting to bring around the loop. Attack or shield to cancel you movement.

That's my short tutorial so far.

Top Bottom