• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Heavenly Scriptures:A Pit Q&A thread!

ThreeSided

Smash Ace
Are you sure you didn't shoot the arrow when it was horizontal but because you were moving the control stick around so much it looked as though you shot it diagonally?
I saw it come out at about a 12 degree angle, and it only moved once. Also, the target was in a place that neither the up or horizontal aiming options would have hit, not to mention that it was too close for the curve input to hit it.

Katana_koden

Smash Ace
When you aim for a bubble kill, like when they are off screen. What area should you really aim at? I had very few times to actually measure it. If possible can you post pics or gifs or add to a guide?

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
How can you tell whether a recovery can be gimped by using pit's down-b?
Is there a listing somewhere or something

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
When you aim for a bubble kill, like when they are off screen. What area should you really aim at? I had very few times to actually measure it. If possible can you post pics or gifs or add to a guide?
this is not an exact science and requires estimates, since you can ttell exactly how close to the blast zone they are and therefore how far away they are, you mostly just try to get lucky by geting the arrow where you think they might be, if you are too late or too early, you miss, oh well.... but if you hit its an auto kill which is always sexy to get an arrow kill

How can you tell whether a recovery can be gimped by using pit's down-b?
Is there a listing somewhere or something
Most any move that has horizontal movement and does damage can be reflectedthere are a few exceptions,
-pikachus side b cant be
-ikes side b cannot
-i know there some rule for the space animals' side b, but in general it cannot be reliably reflected
-any move that grabs on to you, like gannons side b, or bowsers klaw

hope that helps

Afropony

Smash Lord
I saw it come out at about a 12 degree angle, and it only moved once. Also, the target was in a place that neither the up or horizontal aiming options would have hit, not to mention that it was too close for the curve input to hit it.
Mmm that's fairly interesting, I'll try doing it for a bit but I don't think I'll be able to seeing as though no other Pits have ever done this and we would of shot over 1million arrows all together.

ThreeSided

Smash Ace
Mmm that's fairly interesting, I'll try doing it for a bit but I don't think I'll be able to seeing as though no other Pits have ever done this and we would of shot over 1million arrows all together.
Don't people on this board read their own board guides? x_x

After I posted that, I read the pit guide on here. It has a link to a thread about arrow mechanics/techniques. I'm pretty sure what I did was one of the slightly upward angle shots the guide teaches you how to do, but I held up in a weird way that caused the bow to point up anyways. But wither way, I could be wrong... because it's still weird that the bow continued to move after shooting an arrow. Oh well.

But I've got a little something else. I found that a nice way to ledge stall or ledge hog is to let go of the edge and then jump and immediately up-b. It grabs onto the ledge again much faster than just dropping and jumping, and if they manage to grab the edge trying to edgehog you or recovering, you're in WoI, so you can just fly back onto the field. It would suck to be hit out of it though, since you lose your wings and fall to your death. Nonetheless, it would be awesome against recoveries that don't have hitboxes or at least reliable ones on their recovery (Lucario, Snake, Pit, D3, Jiggly, and all tether recoveries). Could also be used for ledge stalling, but I'd be scared of being hit out of it.

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
But I've got a little something else. I found that a nice way to ledge stall or ledge hog is to let go of the edge and then jump and immediately up-b. It grabs onto the ledge again much faster than just dropping and jumping, and if they manage to grab the edge trying to edgehog you or recovering, you're in WoI, so you can just fly back onto the field. It would suck to be hit out of it though, since you lose your wings and fall to your death. Nonetheless, it would be awesome against recoveries that don't have hitboxes or at least reliable ones on their recovery (Lucario, Snake, Pit, D3, Jiggly, and all tether recoveries). Could also be used for ledge stalling, but I'd be scared of being hit out of it.
WoI ledgestalling is already wellknown, and you dont risk getting hit out of your WoI and losing it, because if youre WoI gets hit in the first few frames you can still pull it back out, its a great way to ledgestall annnnd the windpush is nice to get nades away from the corner you are grabbing

ok now time for my question, if you footstool somebody, and they go into their little tumble, if you WoI right away to stop your upward momentum would the windpush force them to fall even faster before they have the chance to recover from it? would be kinda cool if pit had a footstool spike haha

ThreeSided

Smash Ace
ok now time for my question, if you footstool somebody, and they go into their little tumble, if you WoI right away to stop your upward momentum would the windpush force them to fall even faster before they have the chance to recover from it? would be kinda cool if pit had a footstool spike haha
My guess would be that the initial fall speed would be faster because of the push, but would then quickly reduce to normal speed. I don't think that the wind push really adds any momentum.

Now I've got another little something. Were we aware that you can cancel Wing Dashing with a throw as opposed to a Dair? It's just about as lagless as normal wing dashing. I think this really adds to the usefulness of the technique in the Diddy match up, because now we can use it to hover over hsis bananas while approaching and quite possibly blocking the ones thrown at us with the wind, picking them up with the initial wingdash, and then throwing them with another.

_Sync_

Smash Apprentice
A footstool is good enough to gimp some opponents, but I suppose there's nothing wrong with looking good while doing so. Back to the matter at hand, I would not assume the push to be great, but it is still something. But then again brawl mechanics aren't always stable such as with the glide tossing, etc. So who knows it may lead to some uber meteor. I would personally test it, but I'm away from my wii.

A follow up question is if they are even within range of the windpush from WoI after the footstool?

Katana_koden

Smash Ace
A footstool is good enough to gimp some opponents, but I suppose there's nothing wrong with looking good while doing so. Back to the matter at hand, I would not assume the push to be great, but it is still something. But then again brawl mechanics aren't always stable such as with the glide tossing, etc. So who knows it may lead to some uber meteor. I would personally test it, but I'm away from my wii.

A follow up question is if they are even within range of the windpush from WoI after the footstool?
To me the wing push range is large enough to hit if you can respond fast enough.

Another, I want to know more on the WOI grab cancels effect.

A reverse Nair towards opponent, must connect only with last few hits maybe 2 or 3. It connects with a f Smash and some other moves. Can it be a good approach if mastered?

Pits fthrow on medium/heavy then his regualr a spam connects at low damages. Useful?

Test on meta, no damage, dthrow him, then fair or uair or side b, all connects and considered a combo but only if not evaded. The part that confused me is, if they can evade it, why does if not, it adds to a combo link?

What about higher damages, or other moves, tests any?

Esca

Smash Champion
10Fold? Probably not, and seems very annoyingly hard to pull off for such an uncommon angle.

Question: Toon Link with Pit Doubles Team, how well would that work and anyone have any suggestions on who does killing/surviving/something?
Jerm and I actually teamed for a tournament RECENTLY.

Toon Link stock tanks in this team. Him staying in the air 75% of the time makes him a hard opponent to kill in teams. Pit abuses fsmash and other fast, damage-racking attacks in this team.

TsNmi

Smash Cadet
How do I get the most distance out of angelic step? Is it a good AT to learn and apply to my game?

I've seen marth pros do pivot walking or whatever and that just pretty much *****. I dont see too many pros angelic stepping either.

PrinceRamen

Smash Lord
NNID
PrinceRamen
3DS FC
1590-4706-2476
i have a question: how do you arrow loop?
Basically you just make your analog stick go in a circle. Don't do it to fast or you may lose control of it, do to slow and it might disappear in one of the kill zones.

An arrow goes on forever until it hits something or just goes into the kill zones. Somebody else clarify, i don't really know how to explain.:laugh:

Tikun

Smash Apprentice
Try to turn off the tap jump, create a huge stage with 2 goals spots, than start arowlooping x)
That was the way that i've trained x}

I've a question:
From wich character may i use wing refresing in advance of killing? I've tried with TLink and Marth, and that was a total fail :(

CYVE

Smash Journeyman
Try to turn off the tap jump, create a huge stage with 2 goals spots, than start arowlooping x)
That was the way that i've trained x}

I've a question:
From wich character may i use wing refresing in advance of killing? I've tried with TLink and Marth, and that was a total fail :(
Link ?

In general , characters with a bad recovery ..

btw @ Arrow Looping:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxqghvUSgqU&feature=channel_page

Your Stage could look like mine. :)

CYVE

Smash Journeyman
Turn off the tap jump

Just train a lot and feel your arows [->speed]

Greetz

Viperdev

Smash Apprentice
thanks for the link. i'll probably start training in a minute.
btw, how did you control your arrows without moving around alot? when i arrow loop i start moving around alot.
well what I do sometimes is that I hold down the shield button after I shoot the arrow

Hayang

Smash Journeyman
Does Bair actually have a sweetspot, or is it just a high knockback, strong attack for the first few frames that the hitboxes appear?

People keep calling the strong Bair a sweetspotted bair but it seems like as long as you hit when Pit starts the attack it has high knockback.

TsNmi

Smash Cadet
It has its uses. Besides, its better to know it and not need it than need it and not know it.

I think this thread is losing it's meaning. Ask a question, get an answer. Not ask a question, and have it criticized.

PrinceRamen

Smash Lord
NNID
PrinceRamen
3DS FC
1590-4706-2476
So is it possible to loop more than four arrows? I never really tried, and i never really seen anyone do 5.

pacmansays

Smash Journeyman
Can someone tell me how to do the Angel Ring Technique (noobish question I know)

I've looked on the guides and they're not clear on what to do apart from pressing B in the air or on the ground....tried it based on what I could infer and didn't work..

any help?

Polar Bear

Smash Rookie
So is it possible to loop more than four arrows? I never really tried, and i never really seen anyone do 5.
No, because the game automatically deletes the first arrow when the fifth is fired.
can someone explain to me the timing of the dair in wingdashing is it like almost simotenious with the upb or what because it never works for me it just goes into the whole wing animation
Personally, I Dair as soon as I can get my fingers to after using WoI. For me it's...
-Jump tapping up on the stick
-Tap up again, press B and make a backward input all in one step
-Dair as soon as I can, but not simultaneously as my up B.

I think if you try to Dair too early it'll end up not registering and you'll be in the vulnerable ground hovering WoI.

My question: how should Pit's most effectively juggle? Purely arrows and Uairs, or does Utilt have enough priority to be used?

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
My question: how should Pit's most effectively juggle? Purely arrows and Uairs, or does Utilt have enough priority to be used?
Utilt can be chained up at low percents to juggle fairly well, however uair is a great move, high priority and great damage, its also very useful to wait until your opponent tries to predict your attack and airdodges then jsut punish him with a bair or something powerful

pacmansays

Smash Journeyman
I was practising as Pit today (forgot against who) on Battlefield and after attacking the opponent my Pit somehow did some moonwalk where he slid without any animation backwards underneath the left platform area...

Not sure how I did it...can anyone explain?

pacmansays

Smash Journeyman
any idea what was going on or what you were trying to do...spot dodge maybe

I think I was either rolling away or using my tilt and smash attacks....I've seen it done similarly before but on Snake....

****, should of saved the game onto records

cp2

Smash Rookie
A simple question:

can pit do a grab release -> bair to wario?

I've done it a few times but i don't know if it works or the wario didn't do what he had to do to get out

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
A simple question:

can pit do a grab release -> bair to wario?

I've done it a few times but i don't know if it works or the wario didn't do what he had to do to get out
The Wario must struggle to do so. You have just enough time to do a quick reverse B-air sweetspot. A D-air is another option, or a quick Usmash
As tested with a lv9, there MIGHT be a chance to hit him with an Fsmash (only the 2nd hit)before Wario can control himself again... that's if u do an Fsmash right after ur "opponent-breaks-free-of-your-grab" Frames.

Top Bottom