• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Heavenly Scriptures:A Pit Q&A thread!

Coffee™

I need it....
Just to put a smile on your face R@vyn what's the BEST possible move to use when getting D smashed by Zamus??
:confused:

ive noticed whenever you cant think of anything more to say you resort to, "you must suck" or "the people you play with must suck" .... kinda lame of you, but oh well
Nah, I just get tired of repeating stuff. And I'm pretty serious when I say that. Look at any "good" Pit player and when I say good I mean ones that place reasonably well. Look how often they Arrow Loop........yea, never and for good reason. You get punished severly against good players for doing it. If its working against the people you play against then I feel inclined to say they aren't that good.

And Arrow Looping is never a guarantee for you landing any other move lol, why would you even say that.

KY_Des

Smash Ace
1) Shield the arrow - get grabbed
2) Spotdodge the arrow - get punished with whatever after they are done spotdodging
3) Take the arrow - get punished with whatever
4) reflector if they have one - only possible negative situation and most of the time it will leave them open

oh and in the air they can do the following

1) Airdodge the arrow - eat an aerial
2) Take the arrow - eat an aerial
3) Fast Fall - get hit with almost any attack
4) Reflector - same as on ground, only here you can get a better safer angle (coming from below)
Lets say you try these ground options on Wolf. You loop an arrow. He reflectors. You dash attack him. Hurray.

A more realistic scenario - You loop in arrow. Wolf fsmashes you. Best way this scenario can turn out is if you actually manage to hit him with the arrow after getting hit, dealing 5% after taking near 20%.

Now lets try your air options against, lets say..... We'll just use Wolf again. He's in the air at a 45 degree angle from you. You loop an arrow. You'll probably take one of 3 things: Bair, FF-> Dsmash, FF ->Fsmash.

Better options against Wolf in this situation. Wolf is in the air. You could nair, AR, retreating arrow, SHuair, pivot grab, FHdair. Any of these moves do more damage than the arrow and leave you in a safer position.

Just to put a smile on your face R@vyn what's the BEST possible move to use when getting D smashed by Zamus??

Can you arrow loop while stunned??
If you can then there's a reason to use it.
Shield? If you werent looping the arrow you could of avoided the dsmash in the first place.

I hate giving this lecture.....

Arrow looping is for mindgames. It's to keep your opponents guessing. If you wanted to shoot the guy with an arrow, you could of jus shot it at him. If you wanted to shoot it safely, you could of shot it out of a retreating short hop.

UndrDog is one of, if not THE best at arrow looping, correct? Look at his vids. Almost all the arrow loop stuff he does is for mindgames. His opponent reacts to the arrow instead of Pit, which is why it's so effective. UndrDog is who created arrow looping iirc. Even he has stated that arrow looping is for mindgames.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Lmao, it was theoretically to see if R@vyn could put that one down.
I personally only ever Arrow loop when the opponent is off stage as a mind game or to keep them scared so they are trying to dodge the arrow and not notice where they are falling, and if they are better than that and realize they can just Air dodge the arrow and drift away from me I'll fire off 2 arrows at them.

also Q: does any Pits play Wi-Fi?? I've hit a wall with my pit and I would love to know what else I can add to my game by playing other pits.

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
ahh two is two too many for me to argue against, when i get to the states ill see if i can get to some tournaments, if my arrow looping strat holds up in some tourneys will you guys admit it has some uses finally?

ill leave you with just two points, feel free to shoot them down and say how stupid i am for thinking looping is worth it at your leisure

1)to Ky, the loop is supposed to be spaced so that the arrow will come just before your opponent can get to you, thats just a matter of timing and common sense

2)hmm why would i say it guarantees a follow up when done correctly... because it does haha think yea hit stun is low in brawl but its still existant, any move wiht 0 cooldown (which is what a loop has) will allow for a combo if you are nearby, im not gonna rewrite my list for the situations

looping allows for an arrow with a 2.5 second start up and a 0 cooldown, and can be abandoned at any time during the start up... that is a fact, indisputable... if you cant find a use for a move with those statistics then thats rather unfortunate

Coffee™

I need it....
Lol, do you know how long 2.5 seconds is in Brawl? Thats like a Ganon Utilt / Warlock Punch.:laugh:

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Lmao. an arrow takes like 40 frames, but you release the arrow on frame 20
Brawl runs at 68 frames per second right R@vyn? or something in the 60's
and way at most it takes 2/3's of a second lmao

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
its probably less then 2.5 seconds, but thats the number you gave, its prolly closer to 1.5, and still if gannon could cancel his warlock or his utilt, they would be 100x more useful, not to mention the 0 cooldown

(edit) i think it might be a bit longer then what you are listing it as cherry maybe a second haha i dunno we need to get someone to count the frames haha

Moozle

Smash Champion
Is boost Fsmashing basically the same thing as a DACUS but doing an Fsmash instead? I saw this in Sagemoon's combo video several times and I was very curious.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Uhh, No. a DACUS is what snake and falco do.
you knwo when falco runs and kicks then immediately does Upsmash? that's DACUS pit cannot do this, if he could he'd defs be OP
Pit can do the thing where he slides farther I do believe, Correct if wrong guys

Moozle

Smash Champion
I was just wondering HOW you do the thing where you slide forward :laugh: Also most characters can do a DACUS, Jiggs and Link have some of the best. I was just thinking that the sliding Fsmash was possibly a similar technique.

earla

Smash Lord
hey i play mk. was wondering if you guys had any tips on how to vs pit. what are the common techniques, combos, approaches, anything that mk's give you alot of trouble with.

would be much appreciated if you coudl please help out.
cheers

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
I'm pretty clueless with Pit. How do you do the consecutive WoI cancel. Like really fast, one after the other?

Wing dashing type stuff??

I was just wondering HOW you do the thing where you slide forward :laugh: Also most characters can do a DACUS, Jiggs and Link have some of the best. I was just thinking that the sliding Fsmash was possibly a similar technique.
Wasn't aware that Pit had one as well :S DACUS is Dash ?Attack Cancelled Up Smash. you hit with the dash attack then cancel it into an up smash.

if pit does have the sliding up smash thing it'll be when running push c stick down +up on the controller and z simultaneously

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
hey i play mk. was wondering if you guys had any tips on how to vs pit. what are the common techniques, combos, approaches, anything that mk's give you alot of trouble with.

would be much appreciated if you coudl please help out.
cheers
you can do just about anything, MK is a freak, do anything MK is the devil and will eat anyones face

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Lol your tornado will kill our arrows, and our dash attack. honestly if yous tart the match off with one of those you are n00b but there isn't anything we can do about it.

I think. ask betta pit mainzz

miken1999

Smash Rookie
I remember seeing a thread with pics of how to arrow looping/rain on there a few months back. It has a drawing of the type of arrow looping and how to do it with your controller. Does anyone has a link or the pics? thanks

Kool Aid

Smash Journeyman
hey im starting to notice the pit boards are having trouble, so ima try to be as active as i can, and help out. maybe we can finally finish the matchups

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
hey im starting to notice the pit boards are having trouble, so ima try to be as active as i can, and help out. maybe we can finally finish the matchups

Hahaha well thank you, but the dream of finishing MU guide is pretty much dead and gone, R@vyn has given up Hope.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
How come no one uses the jump cancelled upsmash? You know, where you dash, and then jump and then upsmash? If you time it right Pit slides like 1/3 FD O_o It looks like Wario's dacus or something.

Coffee™

I need it....
How come no one uses the jump cancelled upsmash? You know, where you dash, and then jump and then upsmash? If you time it right Pit slides like 1/3 FD O_o It looks like Wario's dacus or something.
I don't know about Jump cancelled Usmashes but Pit's Hyphen Smash already goes that far so that might be what you're referring to.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
I don't know about Jump cancelled Usmashes but Pit's Hyphen Smash already goes that far so that might be what you're referring to.
Oh, you're right. I couldn't get it to work right at first, and then it worked when I used a jump cancel so I though that was helping. OK so new question: How come I can't get it to work sometimes? His Hyphen Smash, I mean.

Coffee™

I need it....
Oh, you're right. I couldn't get it to work right at first, and then it worked when I used a jump cancel so I though that was helping. OK so new question: How come I can't get it to work sometimes? His Hyphen Smash, I mean.
It depends on which foot Pit starts on when he initially starts the Hyphen Smash. :ohwell:

Polar Bear

Smash Rookie
I've seen videos where people seem to go from on top of the map to on a ledge instantly (for ledge hogging). How do you do that so quickly?

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Ganon's utilt causes a pseudo-spike when an opponent is in knockback. (Most noticeable at Norfair)

Does WoI have the same effect?
No, Ganon's wind effect (affect?) is much stronger than Pits. Pit's can send someone down, but only at the same rate as how he sends them left or right.

Nikenick

Smash Journeyman
Ok so I watched some replays of myself and I noticed this: I roll back sometimes to put myself in a better position so that I can arrow/approach/wait for an approach. I know that rolling is bad for your spacing overall but is this a good thing to do? I can see this being bad against Falco or Olimar but I don't know if this is a bad habit.

Dogboy

Smash Apprentice
Uh, ok, so what's the correct way to arrow spam? I've seen videos where Pit is enabled by the player to fire several arrows up in the air and then have them all rain down at once. How is this accomplished?

Also, howdya Loop hist arrows in a continuous circle?

Does any of this involve the "wingdash"?

EDIT: Wow. The mods really like pit a lot.

Afropony

Smash Lord
what are some chars that would be considered a counter char for pit?
G&W, MK, Marth. Some people also think Wario is bad for Pit but I'm not sure because there aren't many good Warios in my area. I think Olimar is also a 60-40 disadvantage for Pit but I don't have much trouble against them.

_Sync_

Smash Apprentice
When Pit glide tosses, he covers a rather large distance, and would normally end at the ledge. But suppose the player deicides to use a special instead at the end of the glide toss and they have just about reached the end of the stage? What would happen would be that they would slide off the stage while using the special. Now my question is if in anyway can be useful towards anything?

Swanky

Smash Rookie
Is there really a practical situation in which Pit users use a double (or more) arrow loop or the Arrow rain/storm AT? Unless you have your opponent in a 3-stock and want to show off, the time it takes to prepare and correctly perform the 2 techniques is almost useless. I know if im at 120%+ in my last stock i wont try to arrow loop 2 arrows or arrow rain. Is it just for show or am i a noob who should die? :p

Phaigne

Smash Journeyman
Is there really a practical situation in which Pit users use a double (or more) arrow loop or the Arrow rain/storm AT? Unless you have your opponent in a 3-stock and want to show off, the time it takes to prepare and correctly perform the 2 techniques is almost useless. I know if im at 120%+ in my last stock i wont try to arrow loop 2 arrows or arrow rain. Is it just for show or am i a noob who should die? :p
This is kind of debatable, but yes it's mostly for show. The only time I can think of where it is useful is when you Star KO someone and have time to set it up, but even then, it's not ideal. It is very fun, though.

Lezard

Smash Journeyman
This is kind of debatable, but yes it's mostly for show. The only time I can think of where it is useful is when you Star KO someone and have time to set it up, but even then, it's not ideal. It is very fun, though.
lolol i think of it as a finish move i only try it went my opponent is going die weather or not the arrows hits:)

ThreeSided

Smash Ace
Hey there, pit boards.

So I was using pit for target practice, (20sec on level 4! woot!) And I noticed something kinda weird. There was a target that was moving away from me once I jumped up over the edge, and it was just out of range of melee attacks, and it was also slightly up, so an arrow going straight forward wouldn't hit it. So i decided to try and bend the arrow and hit it.

So, I jump over the ledge with, I think, say, my third jump, and I pulled up an arrow. I'm pretty sure I pulled it in the air and landed on the ground, but I'm not sure. Now, because I needed to make it curve up, I held up for a fraction of a second after pressing B to curve it. But, I held B for too long. I saw the animation of me starting to to lift the bow up, but then something weird happened. Instead of pointing up and shooting, the arrow shot out 1/4 of the way up the ark of the bow lifting animation, and hit the target, traveling in a straight line.

I have not been able to recreate this phenomenon... And I honestly didn't try that hard and am not going to bother to try anymore. =P But I figured that this had potential to be invaluable to you guys, because if it is something abusable, pits arrow spam game would be increased in both efficiency and annoyance, 10 fold.

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
10Fold? Probably not, and seems very annoyingly hard to pull off for such an uncommon angle.

Question: Toon Link with Pit Doubles Team, how well would that work and anyone have any suggestions on who does killing/surviving/something?

Afropony

Smash Lord
Hey there, pit boards.

So I was using pit for target practice, (20sec on level 4! woot!) And I noticed something kinda weird. There was a target that was moving away from me once I jumped up over the edge, and it was just out of range of melee attacks, and it was also slightly up, so an arrow going straight forward wouldn't hit it. So i decided to try and bend the arrow and hit it.

So, I jump over the ledge with, I think, say, my third jump, and I pulled up an arrow. I'm pretty sure I pulled it in the air and landed on the ground, but I'm not sure. Now, because I needed to make it curve up, I held up for a fraction of a second after pressing B to curve it. But, I held B for too long. I saw the animation of me starting to to lift the bow up, but then something weird happened. Instead of pointing up and shooting, the arrow shot out 1/4 of the way up the ark of the bow lifting animation, and hit the target, traveling in a straight line.

I have not been able to recreate this phenomenon... And I honestly didn't try that hard and am not going to bother to try anymore. =P But I figured that this had potential to be invaluable to you guys, because if it is something abusable, pits arrow spam game would be increased in both efficiency and annoyance, 10 fold.
Are you sure you didn't shoot the arrow when it was horizontal but because you were moving the control stick around so much it looked as though you shot it diagonally?

Top Bottom