• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Heavenly Scriptures:A Pit Q&A thread!

droughboi

Smash Journeyman
I have a question, and can someone PLEASE answer it? This may help the boards as a whole.

I've seen alot of "new tech" threads or "new att" threads or threads about how something works or a potential new combo/ set-up threads etc. Can someone make a thread devoted completly for these kidns of topics? kinda like the vid thread or this one for exampple, but for experimental things. or should one just talk about them in a general chat?

@dual seeker: It can be used for spacing... and it has a push effect.... and....yea...

Tikun

Smash Apprentice
@Dual seeker
- Mind games (As SSBM wavedash) 'cuz it changes your atack timing.
- Spacing
- Avoiding (some) projectiles
- Killing ;D -> No body believes that, but i'm doing a combo video that shows it properly ;] ~Mean while, don't use that, i can be doing something unusable.

~@Question

How can i wingdash than fair? I've seen some of the good guys doing it. I've tried sometimes, and i hvn't worked. Even if i did a huge hop xD than upb.

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
Fingers too slow. Try jumping twice. Than fall to the ground, right before u hit the ground UpB, Cstick downward. After u get that try SH upB which cancels upward momentum and cstick down. If u use wiimote(nunchuk) u just gotta dair.

Polar Bear

Smash Rookie
I feel like I could be killing earlier than I am. However, my smashes are almost always staled since they're quick ways to rack up damage (hence I use them for that) and I'm having trouble landing a Bair because of how predicable I look. Thus, I either let my opponent get up to 130% or try to gimp them.

How can I make landing a Bair be less predicable?

droughboi

Smash Journeyman
I somehow am always able to hit my oppenet with a fast falled bair from behind. That works for me. Sometimes doing Dthrow> bair works. They usually think you're gonna follow up with a uair. as for being less predictable, that's something you kinda have to work on alone. basically meaning mix up your style. Do something diffrent than what you normaly do.

kingcobra9

Smash Ace
i was on smashville spammin arrows just messin around and i was doing one hop then shooting an arrow down at the cpu(it was teams) and one arrow hit the left side of the moving platform as it was coming back left and it glitched and stuck there. has this happened to anyone else.

-i doubt it is helpfull since it is probably hard to do if it did hurt i was just wondering

droughboi

Smash Journeyman
i was on smashville spammin arrows just messin around and i was doing one hop then shooting an arrow down at the cpu(it was teams) and one arrow hit the left side of the moving platform as it was coming back left and it glitched and stuck there. has this happened to anyone else.

-i doubt it is helpfull since it is probably hard to do if it did hurt i was just wondering
I've done it before, Adm bowser has in his combo vid (he just stop and taunted when he did). It was pretty cool I wanted to see if it kept its hit box, but I moved and the arrow flew off the edge.

droughboi

Smash Journeyman
yea I wanted to test it out, but... I just couldnt do it again. I tried like 4 diffrent types of rains/Storms hoping I would hit it in the exact same spot. Then I went to New Pork and tried to do it on that plat form at the bottom. I just couldnt do it again. It's one of those "one time" things

droughboi

Smash Journeyman
How do you perform Angel Step and what are its uses?
uhm... I noticed you're asking how to do all the techs that pit has. I dont mind answering your questions, but it is all listed in that insanely huge pit guide o.o

Anyways, to do it, you Sidesptep/Spotdodge> Hold Back (so you turn around) > then Forward.

The uses? Psh dont do it, it'll only get that *** kicked.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Arrow Gliding, useful or no? (Using momentum to push you off the ledge of the stage by using an arrow. Easiest to do by glide tossing towards the ledge of a stage then mashing B)

So far, it just looks/acts stupid. <_< and you can always SH arrow, but that takes time... I've only found this slightly useful in Pit dittos on Smashville. :/

droughboi

Smash Journeyman
Arrow Gliding, useful or no? (Using momentum to push you off the ledge of the stage by using an arrow. Easiest to do by glide tossing towards the ledge of a stage then mashing B)

So far, it just looks/acts stupid. <_< and you can always SH arrow, but that takes time... I've only found this slightly useful in Pit dittos on Smashville. :/

Idk... If you have to glide stoss then I'd say that it isnt since pit doesnt have an item to toss unless he fights someone that does. I think Id rather just shoot the person from on the stage anyways o.o
but that's just my opinion.

dualseeker

Smash Ace
Pit: One of the greatest Heroes of our time

Arrow Gliding? The effect's probably usefull for shooting an arrow and getting out of the way of another persons projectile. But that's just me. I can't think of any other uses than that...
Didn't even know that the arrows could push you a bit....

Polar Bear

Smash Rookie
Just looking for a little clarification here on Pit's Dtilt. When does it meteor smash? If the opponent is underneath you or touching you? I guess I'm just wondering where in the hitbox it meteors.

MagnumZ

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I made a post with some questions and someone named Admiral Bowser told me to come here to get my questions answered, so I will just quote my last post:

1) Tap jump on/off?
2) Is there any specific configuration that I should use in the GC controller (like B-sticking or something like that)?
3) Is Pit a versatile character?
4) How much he depends on arrows?
5)Does he have useful A.T's ?(from what I have seen, quantity is not the problem)
6) He has to focus on air or ground?
7)Is his D.I good? (like, fast aerial attack for momentum cancelling or good weight)
8) Does he have good killing power?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Actually I'm Admiral Pit -_-ll

And here be my answers

1): You choose, whichever you are more comfortable with
2): Same as #1, choose what makes you comfortable
3): Pit's one of the most versatile characters ever
4): Pit's arrows play a big role in his performance, which make him a higher-than-average camper and can gimp some characters easily just with arrows, like Link or Ike.
5): Pit's ATs are really not completely useful. Only ones I see really useful is the Wing Refresh or whichever Pit thing that allows u to use ur jumps after up-B, and maybe wingdash, but everything else for sure hurts you, but use whichever helps, that doesnt include looking arrows.
6): Pit's performance in the air is better than the ground, but both are decent.
7): Pit's decent at it, B-air's his quickest aerial.
8): Compared to many characters, Pit does have some bad KO power. His best is his B-air sweetspot, then Fsmash, but even so, Pit doesnt have good KO power. He's better at Gimping opponents.

MagnumZ

Smash Rookie
Actually I'm Admiral Pit -_-ll

And here be my answers

1): You choose, whichever you are more comfortable with
2): Same as #1, choose what makes you comfortable
3): Pit's one of the most versatile characters ever
4): Pit's arrows play a big role in his performance, which make him a higher-than-average camper and can gimp some characters easily just with arrows, like Link or Ike.
5): Pit's ATs are really not completely useful. Only ones I see really useful is the Wing Refresh or whichever Pit thing that allows u to use ur jumps after up-B, and maybe wingdash, but everything else for sure hurts you, but use whichever helps, that doesnt include looking arrows.
6): Pit's performance in the air is better than the ground, but both are decent.
7): Pit's decent at it, B-air's his quickest aerial.
8): Compared to many characters, Pit does have some bad KO power. His best is his B-air sweetspot, then Fsmash, but even so, Pit doesnt have good KO power. He's better at Gimping opponents.
Wow, thanks there Admiral...Pit (lol). So I would guess Pit is a tuned down version of Meta Knight. I mean: versatility, gimps, good aerial performace (but decent ground), and not THAT many kill moves (ok ok, up-b and dsmash do the job).

Ryos4

Smash Lord
Idk he doesnt really seem to play alot like meta knight. Pit really cant go on an all out charge like meta can in my opinion.

As for his techs i find Wing Stall to be helpful, along with glide shifting.

ohaiduhg

Smash Lord
Are there any specific numbers for Pit's Fthrow CG? Possibly a thread I am missing? The Pit Guide doesn't seem to have it.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Alright, well Ive always played around with Pit buy never really cared to learn him to an extent. So time for a few questiiiioonnnsss.

What's the practicality in Arrow Swarming?

I can do it easily, but tend to only use it in 2v2. I mean it's pretty cool, but as far as uses go...? It does look cool though.

And Ill finish this up when Im not on my phone. <.<

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Alright, well Ive always played around with Pit buy never really cared to learn him to an extent. So time for a few questiiiioonnnsss.

What's the practicality in Arrow Swarming?

I can do it easily, but tend to only use it in 2v2. I mean it's pretty cool, but as far as uses go...? It does look cool though.

And Ill finish this up when Im not on my phone. <.<
Arrow swarm is time-consuming and is something that NO PIT should ever focus on. You're better off shooting arrows regularly to apply pressure. Trust me. It may look cool but... You can quote me on this:

"Fancy things come with a big price attached"
In arrow swarm's case, It takes a long time and it can leave u very vulnerable.

I'll try to help more if you got anything else you need to know about Pit.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Lol I didn't think it was useful at all. I just use it in 2v2 when it's down to 2v1 pressuring them with 4-5 arrows at once is sexy.

But yeah arrow tricks are more for show. I really need to look into all the glide techs now, more or less I normally to just do normal glide. Lol.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Glideshift: Simply fastfall just before Pit begins to glide, he falls a bit, then glides. There are others, i think jump, to make sure Pit is facing the way u want, then move back, then make him glide, and add that with glideshifting.

droughboi

Smash Journeyman
Lol I didn't think it was useful at all. I just use it in 2v2 when it's down to 2v1 pressuring them with 4-5 arrows at once is sexy.

But yeah arrow tricks are more for show. I really need to look into all the glide techs now, more or less I normally to just do normal glide. Lol.
Just a lil note: pit can only do 4 arrows at a time =P

cp2

Smash Rookie
I've read that norfair is good for pit

it's small and it's more difficult to camp, isn't it?
also, three edges may make gimping with MS a bit more difflicult..

so why is it good??

Ryos4

Smash Lord
Okay i know that this is brought up often but i dont remember the answer. I may not be the best pit in the world but im no slouch when it comes down to it.

Okay just met the most defensive olimar that i have no chance of beating with any of my characters and i havent seen anyone beat him. Its really not his main but omg does it spam.

Long range pikmin spam. Smashing whenever your close. Grabbing me even when im still technically on the ledge. Pit cant get close enough to him to do anything. And long range combat cant work either since one arrow is not gonna make it past pikmin spam. He doesnt seem to approach unless your on the ledge or knocked off stage.

Ive tried arrows but those dont work. Pikmin block them.
Tried to reflect pikmin with both reflectors doesnt really work. he can easily just call them off and then grab or something while im in reflector.
Tried charging with nair but even if i get through the mess i end up getting smashed when i get close.
Any aerial approach ends up with an up smash while ground approaches get the other 2 smashes as well as grabs.

I get like 2 stock by this guy countless times. And apparently so does everyone else.

Any strats the pit community can come up with? To fight this evil spamming foe. Possibly character counter picks or stage counter picks?

kown

Smash Lord
FIRST: You have to REALLY REALLY REALLLY REALLY want to win this match in order to win.

I mean play as gay as possible. Literally spam back. From my experience against Zori, pit can out spam pikmin and rolling is pretty good against olimar from my experience.
so roll, arrow, and fsmash. AND gimp him when the oppurtunuity comes!

and learn to kill with BAIR! that ***** will die instantly.

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
any time you get him in to a situation where he has to use upB to recover he should lose a stalk if you ledgecamp correctly... sometimes a charging AR can be useful especially if you make it stop right in front of him and you only press b once, he will get a pikmin on his face and by the time he gets it off by downB your AR should run out and give him a little windpush away

DONT GET SPIKED

all of his smashes look alike (well to me at least)

Gldidng if done correctly will always out prioritize him so that gives you at least one semi safe approach

Ryos4

Smash Lord
That is not true. My glide attacks got hit with Usmash over and over. Even shifted right above the ground so that i would be closer, but he still won pretty much every time.

As for rolling this guy predicts rolls better then most people ive played. Rolling doesnt work against him, it only ends with either a grab or a well placed well charged dsmash.

As i said before the arrows dont get through. If i were to spam maybe 1 out of every 5 would hit. After trying to go through a wall of pikmin. Which really isnt worth it and i hate spamming.

Bair wont kill if i cant damage him either.

I dont really have to worry about being spiked anway. I dont remember the last time ive been spiked and actually died from it. Atleast with pit. I usually end up hitting the stage since im always DIing toward the stage if i suspect a spke. I also usually hit my anti edge guard arrows.

Top Bottom