• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The GtaN Brawl General discussion thread! -Wait, did the title change?

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Agreed.

But Brawl sucks just as hard.
I was wondering what games u liked but then as I read I sa posts of Modern warfare 2 and pokemon.

Do u not like fighting games (lets say aside from street fighter if u like that)?

Pokemon is for little kids.

Real men played competitive Yu-Gi-Oh.

Like me.
U know where I can sell Yu-Gi-Oh cards?

wtf lol is there really competitive pokemon?
It takes an assload of time to prepare a competetive team =_=. my friend has this pokemon creator thing LOL.

we currently have no tournies in the near future, tbh, probably next one around summer, or maybe late march/early april
Better start working on saturdays to make dat money.

mike the charity thing should be optional, i remember last time ppl asked for donations at LBT2 and **** hit the fan lol

dang gonna be a while til next tourney D=
if u get a free venue and replace venue fee with charity fee, that would be cool.

I know I know.....I'm uber ****ing failing. Someone has got to step up, when I have a date I'll post immediately. Seriously, no one else in the GTA can host something?
im not hosting, no one ever comes to sauga tournies....
I would but I'm not even allowed to go to tourneys let alone host one :p (I would have to guarantee I would be there ahead of time which I can't do :()

Jasuke

Smash Cadet
K so im going to try and get a tourney going at the end of April still looking for venue but i got some good picks just need to check them out.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
I was wondering what games u liked but then as I read I sa posts of Modern warfare 2 and pokemon.

Do u not like fighting games (lets say aside from street fighter if u like that)?
I've been playing the Call of Duty series since CoD2. After I did 10 prestiges(..twice) on CoD4, I started playing Brawl as a time waster until MW2 came out, because World at War was so terrible. I've pretty much gotten bored of Brawl.

I actually enjoy a lot of fighting games. MvC2 is always my favorite, but I still play SSFII every now and then. I'll most likely be getting SSFIV this year.

Jasuke

Smash Cadet
Tinman you're epic.

Jer, give me a ring broski, we'll work this out. We still need to look into the church as a feasible venue.
Jon i have like 6 venues im looking at and they all look mighty good.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Tin Man, no places come to mind, since Yu-Gi-Oh is a dead sport.

How it kills me to say that, but it's true.

GX killed it off.

tha_carter

Smash Ace
We should have cheap bi-weeklies at a cheap venue, to keep the scene moving. Not necessarily, a huge tourney in the summer. Best case is an apartment's party room... Which is usually VERY cheap. About $100 a for 8 hours.

Should be in toronto, and close to the subway.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
lol, you guys got fans.
lmao

GX killed it off.
Pretty sure it being a bad game killed it off. At least that's the conclusion I came to 4 years ago at nationals >_>... and knowing people who still play competitively I still get to observe how bad of a game it still is :laugh:.

You just activated my TRAP card! I play Archive Trap and mill your deck for 13!

Wait, ****
lulz.

Blue sucks right now anyway so no one cares though. Then again Red doesn't and Stone Idol Trap is actually pretty good.... QQ

btw everyone I'm looking into getting something to host that tourney I was going to host last year, possibly late April, if not then sometime in the summer... still a long time away, and nothing confirmed yet, but I have much better odds this year of actually being able to pull this off, I'll post something if I get anything confirmed.

Phiddlesticks

Smash Lord
Blue got a few nice cards in Worldwake though. Jace v2.0, Treasure Hunt, Calcite Snapper, Halimar Depths (which isn't blue technically but taps for blue and works nicely with Treasure Hunt)

Everyone knows the best deck in standard right now is Immortal Bazaar though :)

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Blue didn't get anything to make it viable though. Spread'em will still be a viable deck now since the only thing it doesn't cripple now is Polynitus (Polymorph+Progenitus+Khalni Garden w/ deck fixers like Jace 2 and Ponder) , which is the only thing any Blue player would try running in current Standard. Treasure Hunt isn't nearly as good as it sounds; I've tested it pretty extensively and almost never had a reason to use it over something else, and even when I did use it it rarely netted more than 1 card. Calcite Snapper would be amazing if it weren't blue, but it is blue and it doesn't really fit in any blue deck. Still a top pick in limited though if that counts for anything.

Cruxis

Smash Lord
so guys today some guy tried to mug me and steal my psp, and i broke his nose and my psp wasnt stolen, but it got f*cked pretty badly

now my psp screen is cracked from the inside or something

is there any way to fix it? please dont tell me i have to get a new one

Cruxis

Smash Lord
Was he black? Those black guys are terrible.

I've never had a PSP that I haven't just sold to someone else for more money.
nah he was fucking indian or tamil i couldnt tell lol

honestly the only reason i dont want to get a new one is because this ones hacked

so obviously i cant send this to sony

itd just be a real shame if i lost this cause i got a bunch of GB and SNES games on it

Tin Man

Smash Hero
I've been playing the Call of Duty series since CoD2. After I did 10 prestiges(..twice) on CoD4, I started playing Brawl as a time waster until MW2 came out, because World at War was so terrible. I've pretty much gotten bored of Brawl.

I actually enjoy a lot of fighting games. MvC2 is always my favorite, but I still play SSFII every now and then. I'll most likely be getting SSFIV this year.
U only like 2-d fighters?

lol, you guys got fans.
I **** bricks when I saw that, then I realized it was a wifi tourney, and that it wasn't actually them :p

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
at lbt2 i saw avarice and said "chatham chatham chatham chatham chatham chatham chatham" but apparently I didn't say it right. I think he was mad at me :/
Ahahaha oh **** I didn't even realize that was you; I am terrible at remembering faces. I thought it was someone saying they were from Chatham or something so I was like wtf. Lol good **** chesterr. and nah you said it right.

Top Bottom