• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The GtaN Brawl General discussion thread! -Wait, did the title change?

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
My first match after returning to Shoddy after 3 months, for any Competetive Pokemon players here.

Of course, I am PurpleDrank.

Rules: Ladder Match, Sleep Clause, Freeze Clause, OHKO Clause, Evasion Clause, Species Clause, Strict Damage Clause, Soul Dew Clause
Sanken sent out Vaporeon (lvl 100 Vaporeon ?).
PurpleDrank sent out Tyranitar (lvl 100 Tyranitar ?).
Tyranitar's Sand Stream whipped up a sandstorm!
A sandstorm brewed!
Tyranitar used Stealth Rock.
Pointed stones float in the air around the foe's team!
Vaporeon used Surf.
It's super effective!
Tyranitar lost 45% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.
Vaporeon is buffetted by the sandstorm!
Vaporeon lost 6% of its health.
Vaporeon's leftovers restored its health a little!
Vaporeon restored 6% of its health.
---
Tyranitar used Earthquake.
Vaporeon lost 29% of its health.
Vaporeon used Surf.
It's super effective!
Tyranitar lost 45% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.
---
Tyranitar used Crunch.
Vaporeon lost 37% of its health.
Vaporeon's defence was lowered.
Vaporeon used Surf.
It's super effective!
Tyranitar lost 10% of its health.
PurpleDrank's Tyranitar fainted.
The sandstorm rages.
---
PurpleDrank switched in Latias (lvl 100 Latias ?).
Vaporeon used Protect.
Vaporeon protected itself!
Latias used Calm Mind.
Latias's special attack was raised.
Latias's special defence was raised.
The sandstorm rages.
Latias is buffetted by the sandstorm!
Latias lost 6% of its health.
Latias's leftovers restored its health a little!
Latias restored 6% of its health.
---
Latias used Calm Mind.
Latias's special attack was raised.
Latias's special defence was raised.
Vaporeon used Wish.
Vaporeon made a wish!
The sandstorm rages.
---
Latias used Dragon Pulse.
Vaporeon lost 34% of its health.
Sanken's Vaporeon fainted.
The sandstorm rages.
---
Sanken switched in Nidoking (lvl 100 Nidoking ?).
Pointed stones dug into Nidoking.
Nidoking lost 6% of its health.
Nidoking used Sucker Punch.
It's super effective!
Latias lost 58% of its health.
Latias used Surf.
It's super effective!
Nidoking lost 94% of its health.
Sanken's Nidoking fainted.
The sandstorm rages.
---
Sanken switched in Drapion (lvl 100 Drapion ?).
Pointed stones dug into Drapion.
Drapion lost 12% of its health.
Drapion lost 88% of its health.
Sanken's Drapion fainted.
The sandstorm rages.
---
Sanken switched in Lucario (lvl 100 Lucario ?).
Pointed stones dug into Lucario.
Lucario lost 3% of its health.
Latias used Hidden Power.
It's super effective!
Lucario lost 97% of its health.
Sanken's Lucario fainted.
The sandstorm rages.
---
Sanken switched in Starmie (lvl 100 Starmie).
Pointed stones dug into Starmie.
Starmie lost 12% of its health.
Starmie used Thunderbolt.
It's not very effective...
Latias lost 8% of its health.
Latias is paralysed! It may be unable to move!
Latias is paralysed! It can't move!
The sandstorm rages.
Starmie is buffetted by the sandstorm!
Starmie lost 6% of its health.
---
Starmie used Reflect.
A barrier was formed!
Starmie lost 82% of its health.
Sanken's Starmie fainted.
The sandstorm rages.
---
Sanken switched in Salamence (lvl 100 Salamence ?).
Salamence's Intimidate cut Latias's attack!
Pointed stones dug into Salamence.
Salamence lost 25% of its health.
Salamence used Outrage.
Salamence went on a rampage!
It's super effective!
Latias lost 34% of its health.
PurpleDrank's Latias fainted.
The sandstorm rages.
Salamence is buffetted by the sandstorm!
Salamence lost 6% of its health.
---
PurpleDrank switched in Scizor (lvl 100 Scizor ?).
Scizor used Bullet Punch.
Salamence lost 30% of its health.
Salamence used Outrage.
It's not very effective...
Scizor lost 34% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.
Salamence is buffetted by the sandstorm!
Salamence lost 6% of its health.
---
Scizor used Bullet Punch.
Salamence lost 33% of its health.
Sanken's Salamence fainted.
PurpleDrank wins!
Sanken has left the room.

Iliad

Smash Lord
lawl. My lineup ***** back in the day when I played that **** religiously.

Mewtwo 100, Lugia 100, Blastoise 100, Charizard 100, Nidoking 100, Mew 100(meant for HMs, so my lineup was more or less 5 man.)

I ***** all in my path.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Latias is my second favorite Pokemon, next to Breloom. But unlike Breloom, Latias is a lot easier to fit onto a team.

Mewtwo- Uber
Lugia- Uber
Blastoise- ****
Charizard- ****
Nidoking- If it had a slight upgrade to it's stats, it would be amazing, but because it doesn't...****
Mew- Uber

WHO'S GETTING HGSS NEXT MONTH!?

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Why do I need to switch more because people don't know how to deal with CMLatias? I can't be blamed for taking advantage of the stupidity of others.

CMLatias + CBScizor forms an amazing combo, covering each others weaknesses perfectly, and forming a beastly offensive core at the same time.

POKEMON IS COOL SRTM!

Phiddlesticks

Smash Lord
I mean like, switching out Tyranitar after setting up Stealth Rock when your opponent has a Surf Vaporeon instead of sacrificing it for no reason. I'd say the same thing about your Latias against your opponent's Salamence if it didn't get paralyzed by Starmie's Thunderbolt, but a slow Latias at 34% HP isn't really worth keeping around.

Also was your opponent's Salamence just randomly pumped with HP/Defense EVs, or was your Scizor not holding a Choice Band that battle?

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
My ttar is anti-lead with a Focus Sash & Sleep talk. Once TTar lost its sash, I didn't feel the need to keep it.

Lead Vaporeon is a stupid idea, and in all honesty, I've never expected it. It lost it's sash, and I wanted Latias to be able to set up on vaporeon without taking damage, so I sacrificed it. It clearly payed off.

Iliad

Smash Lord
Mewtwo
Icebeam
Thunder
Psychic
Hyperbeam

Lugia
Aeroblast
Icebeam
Thunder
Psybeam(I think? Or i had psychic)

Blastoise
Blizzard
Hydropump
Surf
Something fairly powerful that was a normal attack, can't remember

Charizard
Fireblast
Fly
Thunderpunch
Strength (I think?)

Nidoking
Icebeam
Thunder (or thunderbolt, or thunder punch, whichever was the strongest Nidoking could use)
Earthquake
Rocksmash (Might have been strength)

Mew
Useless don't need to mention her moves lol.

Iliad

Smash Lord
fact of the matter is, my mewtwo, lugia and nidoking by silver generation were able to do super effective against nearly every pokemon, they were faster than nearly every pokemon, and all had bad *** accuracy, So i'd snipe them before they had a chance to do anything.

And those they couldn't do super effective against, they could atleast do steady damage, as opposed to not very effective.

And my blastoise and charizard were bad *** thank you very much Leafy.

Iliad

Smash Lord
Yeah, and I was undefeated. So I dunno what these kids are yapping about. My mewtwo soloed half the people I played.

If you're smart enough to remember the tables and what pokemon are of what type, you ****.

My mewtwo one shot every pokemon in the game I ever faced save for another mewtwo. Same for my Lugia, same for Nidoking. I had charizard out first to test the waters, I loved them bringing a water type, and using Thunderpunch, as it had a high hit rate, good damage, and I tended to land critical hits with Charizard (Though I never understood at the time why, likely due to some stat he had that was inflated) and Charizard was also one of the fastest guys in the game.

If I could somehow magically recall my old silver game, I would transfer it to any pokemon game, and I'm willing to bet, I would **** any of you.

Also, I'm not sure if it's due to glitches between transferring pokemon from game to game, but my mewtwo ended up with 414 hp, which is well above what he's supposed to sit at, his stats were **** near at their max values without using bonus items that raised them, none of my pokemon were rare candied.

Mikey, i'd **** you. Hands down.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Yeah, and I was undefeated. So I dunno what these kids are yapping about. My mewtwo soloed half the people I played.

If you're smart enough to remember the tables and what pokemon are of what type, you ****.

My mewtwo one shot every pokemon in the game I ever faced save for another mewtwo. Same for my Lugia, same for Nidoking. I had charizard out first to test the waters, I loved them bringing a water type, and using Thunderpunch, as it had a high hit rate, good damage, and I tended to land critical hits with Charizard (Though I never understood at the time why, likely due to some stat he had that was inflated) and Charizard was also one of the fastest guys in the game.

If I could somehow magically recall my old silver game, I would transfer it to any pokemon game, and I'm willing to bet, I would **** any of you.

Also, I'm not sure if it's due to glitches between transferring pokemon from game to game, but my mewtwo ended up with 414 hp, which is well above what he's supposed to sit at, his stats were **** near at their max values without using bonus items that raised them, none of my pokemon were rare candied.

Mikey, i'd **** you. Hands down.

A) Ubers are rarely allowed as they are overcentralizing.
B) Glitched pokemons are not allowed
C) Rare candies do not change anything, its only level 100 which stops you from raising EVs. You still need to raise IVs using items.
D) Your team does not seem to fit most archetypes such as sweepers and tanks and so on.

So yeah, your a scrub >.>

.Marik

is a social misfit
Pokemon is for little kids.

Real men played competitive Yu-Gi-Oh.

Like me.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Mewtwo, Mew, and Lugia are banned from standard competitive play, outside of ubers, because they're all broken and over-centralizing in any other tier. Mew can learn any TM or HM in the game, allowing for a "guess what set I'm running or die *****" kind of thing, clearly broken. Lugia is probably the best wall in the game. Mewtwo is broken, really fast, really strong.

Blastoise is completely outclassed by Empoleon, who has much better typing and stats. Charizard is garbage. It has a limited movepool, crappy stats, and is 4x weak to Stealth Rock. Nidoking has an amazing movepool, and can get Super-Effective damage on almost anything, but has crappy stats.

And if it's any consolation to any of you, I'd **** you all in Pokemon, console or on Shoddy.

Iliad

Smash Lord
Okay, so I just had competitive pokemon explained to me by swordgard. Forgive my posts. LOL.

I speak from a mindset of playing pokemon back when I was like, 10-12 years old.

I'm kind of interested in getting back into this though. It's kinda cool, like PvP in a fairly balanced RPG.

KingAce

Smash Ace
lol true enough people play it, probably more people bought the game then smash i just dont know how it can be competitive like are there actually tournaments for it?

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Lol, uh huh. When there's enough people who play a game, a competitive scene is bound to come from it.

It's a lot more complicated than most people think.

Personally, I don't play in tournaments. I play on Shoddy's ladder maybe once or so every 2 weeks, but that's about it.

Skyler, bring it. :)

SuPeRbOoM

Smash Master
okay so KillLock and I might come to an ec tournament sometime in the future when we get some money lolol. Can we get some upcoming tournament info if possible? I would like to get a taste of some ec people(no homo <_<).

Phiddlesticks

Smash Lord
I've heard that Leafybug is SO GOOD AT POKEMON that he sacrifices members of his team for no reason :p

Also Iliad, Mewtwo's max HP is 416 (415 in Gold/Silver/Crystal), your Mewtwo's moveset definitely wouldn't kill a Magneton, and why do you have non-Surf HMs on Nidoking/Charizard when Mew is supposed to be your HM slave?

ALSO if anyone is interested in competitive Pokemon, just go check out www.smogon.com (their forums are the smashboards of the Pokemon world)

also I just remembered Rock Smash isn't an HM in GSC but still why do you have Rock Smash on one of your team members

PND

Smash Champion
Questions to the GTAN scene on venue fees and other stuff:

If a TO held a (hopefully) large tournament at a free or cheap venue, but still charged a venue fee and donated the proceeds to charity, would you guys support that? Or is that additional cost on top of travel too overbearing a factor? How much is an acceptable charge in that situation? Also, would you guys support a tournament with a variety of different games and communities knowing that Smash would get no special treatment over the others? Additionally, would you support a children's bracket? Not fund it via pot cuts or anything, but be willing to give up setups for matches and/or maybe provide coaching and tips? Should stalling rules be more strictly enforced? And finally, if such an event was hosted would you guys be willing to travel to Ottawa? IF not, how far would you be willing to travel? If you are willing to travel, would you be willing to attend for multiple days or only for a single day?

Here's a big one:
What other games would you be interested in playing, if any?

Current considerations include BlazBlue; SF2, 3, and 4; MvC2; TvC; Soul Calibur 2; Rock Band 2. These are just some ideas being tossed around, we'll be checking out other communities to determine their interest as well. Any suggestions for implementation?

Input is greatly appreciated, I'm wondering how the community might react to some of these ideas. I can justify some of these ideas if you're curious, but that's not really the point. This is more of a general poll on the matter. This will help gauge the priorities of the scene and hopefully allow this as-of-yet "hypothetical" tourney to be a success and bring positive exposure to the community. . . and competitive gaming in general.

Feel free to PM me or email me or whatever if you don't want your responses to be public. Thanks for reading :)

Mikey7

Smash Lord
okay so KillLock and I might come to an ec tournament sometime in the future when we get some money lolol. Can we get some upcoming tournament info if possible? I would like to get a taste of some ec people(no homo <_<).
we currently have no tournies in the near future, tbh, probably next one around summer, or maybe late march/early april

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
mike the charity thing should be optional, i remember last time ppl asked for donations at LBT2 and **** hit the fan lol

dang gonna be a while til next tourney D=

Gichan

Smash Champion
I know I know.....I'm uber ****ing failing. Someone has got to step up, when I have a date I'll post immediately. Seriously, no one else in the GTA can host something?

PND

Smash Champion
mike the charity thing should be optional, i remember last time ppl asked for donations at LBT2 and **** hit the fan lol

dang gonna be a while til next tourney D=
Well, if we get the venue for free / cheap it's because the tourney would be a charitable cause.

So basically either
A) We rent out a venue, and charge venue fee to pay it off. . . as per normal
or
B) We get a venue sponsored for charitable causes, and instead of paying a venue fee you make a donation to the charity (Say minimum $5, as an example. . . more if you're feeling especially generous).

Either way you'd be paying about the same amount, it's just a matter of where the money ends up. . . To a venue or to a charity. Some people might not agree with the charity we're choosing or have some other reservations about it. That's why I'm trying to find out if there's support or opposition to the idea. I'm trying to figure out what the community would prefer.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Until I have my own car, my parents will never let me go somewhere as far as Ottawa. My parents barely let me take transit to Toronto.

Iliad, you're getting pretty good at Pokemon, keep at it. The hax in some of our matches almost made me ragequit though.

Iliad

Smash Lord
Until I have my own car, my parents will never let me go somewhere as far as Ottawa. My parents barely let me take transit to Toronto.

Iliad, you're getting pretty good at Pokemon, keep at it. The hax in some of our matches almost made me ragequit though.
Crit, crit, crit, crit, crit, crit, crit, crit, crit...

Amirite?

Top Bottom