• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The GtaN Brawl General discussion thread! -Wait, did the title change?

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
holy **** my thumb hurts from playing star fox yesterday

Am I getting old?

:phone:

pidgezero_one

Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Oh ****... how is it that in ****ing up everything in brawl i managed to skip over victory themes?

cruxis i'm putting that in just 4 u nh

-Googs

Smash Lord
on wifi i connect but when i join a match or someone tries to join mine i get error Error code: 86420

IM GETTING SO MAD. I turned my firewall off....im getting so so so so so frustrated i feel like ive tried everything someone help a brother out.

Im doing this so i can play whitby on wifi..... and maybe joe if he thinks his wario can take me

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
on wifi i connect but when i join a match or someone tries to join mine i get error Error code: 86420

IM GETTING SO MAD. I turned my firewall off....im getting so so so so so frustrated i feel like ive tried everything someone help a brother out.

Im doing this so i can play whitby on wifi..... and maybe joe if he thinks his wario can take me
my suggestions are to try switching channels on your router? or portforwarding your wii to your router?
#wifigod

fUddO

Smash Ace
That is actually some of the best commentary I've ever heard (of Brawl). It has pretty much everything except some humour, but honestly, it's refreshing since most commentators try to go for too MUCH humour.

pidgezero_one

Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
What router do u have joe

You gotta do port forwarding in your routers admin panel

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
That is actually some of the best commentary I've ever heard (of Brawl). It has pretty much everything except some humour, but honestly, it's refreshing since most commentators try to go for too MUCH humour.
Well I more meant the one stock match idea, but yeah, the commentary is damn legit.

Tin Man

Smash Hero

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Unless you actually give me reasons I'm just going to ignore everything you say from now on.
You're stupid.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
You do when you simply call someone else's opinion stupid with absolutely no reasoning.

That said imo 2 stock/6 mins > 1 stock 3 mins > 3 stock 8 mins.

swordgard

Smash Hero
You do realize people don't need to justify an opinion every single time they share it. So chill the **** out.
If the reasonning is not incredibly obvious and you want people to actually aknowledge what you are saying, yes you should.

fUddO

Smash Ace
Oh, you mean like his reason behind 1 stock matches in the first place?

Anyways, 1 stock matches are bad because they to a worse job of determining the better player. The first couple moves, especially in the case of a character like ICs and Falco, can determine the entire game.

Additionally, there would be WAY less hype for spectators. 3stocks are hype. Close matches that get down to 1 stock high-% are hype - and a lot of it is due to the journey a match goes through to get there. A gimp on the first stock of a match is awesome, a gimp on the last stock of the match is a disappointment (or at least a little melodramatic. It's like going to a movie, expecting an hour and a half of entertainment, and having it end with the main character dying abruptly 45 minutes in). Spectacular comebacks are awesome.

Lastly, why change what ain't broke? 3 stock matches have been the standard since almost the advent of Brawl. They've been working. When trying to determine the better player, you want the largest sample size of games that time permits. 3s/8m is that golden point for brawl.

pidgezero_one

Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Hey Supreme Dirt you should go on #SPP more often lol.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
3 stock matches aren't working, btw.

The vast majority of matches are decided well before the last stock is taken off.

How many comebacks do you see in Brawl that aren't by a character named Lucario?

fUddO

Smash Ace
3 stock matches aren't working, btw.

The vast majority of matches are decided well before the last stock is taken off.

How many comebacks do you see in Brawl that aren't by a character named Lucario?
How does lowering both the stock and the time limit change that? IT DOESN'T. Comebacks do happen, the fact that they're rare makes them even cooler. Lucario comebacks aren't hype, because you always expect them anyways.

swordgard

Smash Hero
:laugh:

Fuddo implied Brawl aint broke

:laugh:

I still <3 you guys.
Its still a very fun game, although very imbalanced lol.

The number of stocks is arbitrary, the less you have, the more inconsistency, the higher, the more consistent the results. The only factor here really is time.

pidgezero_one

Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
wolfblade posted a thing and I'm mad irl raaaaaaaaaaaaagh

Top Bottom