• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The GtaN Brawl General discussion thread! -Wait, did the title change?

fUddO

Smash Ace
That's good to hear. Call me a scrub, but I do think that Brawl can be competitive without MK, plus it will be a lot more fun.

Pretty much a TL;DR of what I said, although without the ESPORTS part that I added.
The number of stocks is arbitrary, the less you have, the more inconsistency, the higher, the more consistent the results. The only factor here really is time.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Oh derp surprise guys, we actually needed a 49/50 supermajority.

Totally calling it.

Also imo MK is not broken. Just really bad for the community and game as a whole. He just has a lot of good MUs that are unfortunately the only real unwinnable MU for a number of characters, like Peach, Pit, debatably Dedede (icies seems pretty ridiculous to win), and a couple others.

Oh that and I absolutely hate MK.

fUddO

Smash Ace
Well, it's not unwinnable. But I have felt like I've gotten beaten by the character waay too many times. Give me Norfair for dem bats and I'm happy, lol.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Actually imo Pikachu MK is even after I had the MU explained to me.

But still... the only other character which arguably shapes the tierlist as much as MK is King Dedede, and the simple solution to that is to ban our infinites.

Suddenly DK is viable and Wolf doesn't have to worry about getting gayed by slopes he didn't realize existed.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
I can check when I get home on sun

edit: nvm my wii wasnt used in sid3

pidgezero_one

Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Hey sauc3 I don't know if u ever read this thread but tonight dcf was typing a list of food he wanted to order and he accidentally wrote "shrimp with lobster sauc3" anyway that's my cool story.

:phone:

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hR7nX76eRiI&feature=related
Can someone loop this for me? I want it for Rainbow Cruise.
Can do. I'll probably get to it tomorrow.

*EDIT* OH WAIT BUT I THOUGHT BRAWL'S ENTIRE SOUNDTRACK WAS ABSOLUTELY FLAWLESS?!?!?!?!? :troll:
Especially that amazing Environmental Noises track on Distant Planet -_-
lol but seriously I knew it was only a matter of time before you finally started music hacking.

Also goddamn... I wish I could switch RC's tracklist with another stage's without causing replay issues, to have more songs on it :/
Same goes with basically all the Melee stages.

fUddO

Smash Ace
Can do. I'll probably get to it tomorrow.

*EDIT* OH WAIT BUT I THOUGHT BRAWL'S ENTIRE SOUNDTRACK WAS ABSOLUTELY FLAWLESS?!?!?!?!? :troll:
Especially that amazing Environmental Noises track on Distant Planet -_-
lol but seriously I knew it was only a matter of time before you finally started music hacking.

Also goddamn... I wish I could switch RC's tracklist with another stage's without causing replay issues, to have more songs on it :/
Same goes with basically all the Melee stages.
Difference is that I don't hack it every ****ing day.

pidgezero_one

Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
I'm gonna change everyones victory theme to ness' victory theme so I can finally hear it

Patches

Smash Master
For the record, nate (minus) doesn't play anymore. Hasn't played for... A year? If not longer.

Also. The post I made in that results thread was a joke. Lol. I wasn't being serious. Ill be the first one to admit, if I went to WC, I doubt I'd place high. WC has talent. So does EC.

EC is just full of people who like joking around. Including myself. So I apoligze if I started drama or w/e. Not my intensions, just making a joke like I would around here.

Patches

Smash Master
But yee. If you go to apex, I wouldn't mind playing the WC boys. Seeing that it'll probably be my only chance. I have doubts about me getting to BC anytime soon with full time work and bills to pay. XD

Cruxis

Smash Lord

pidgezero_one

Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
think you just open the default snake.pac/pcs file in brawlbox, find the texture files, and **** around with them in photoshop or w/e

actually maybe supreme dirt would be better to answer this since i'm just talking out of my *** from that one time i replaced kirby textures with other kirby textures

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
There's guides on how to do this stuff on kc-mm

Just google that.

I'd explain it but I'm running on like no sleep.

Cruxis

Smash Lord
how about sound effects dirt, is it possible for me to edit snakes talking and grunts and yells and replace them with my own voice clips?

what a ****ing egomaniac i am im actually planning to play as myself

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Yes actually.

It's a little more complicated, as iirc the recorded voice clips can be no longer than the original sound effect, but definitely possible.

You have to install Riivolution though, just google it. I can give you an XML which will basically run things as if you were still using Gecko.

Top Bottom