• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The GtaN Brawl General discussion thread! -Wait, did the title change?

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Really want to come out to mtl at some point. Douhneill's going to college there, need to see if his Mario's improved any.

fUddO

Smash Ace
Don't get me wrong, I'd love to go to an OoC tourny. The problem is that it costs time and money. Plus, I'm still at the stage where a have tons of room to improve here. Until/If I get to a stage where I can take games off of the top players in our scene, long, expensive trips don't seem worth it.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Don't get me wrong, I'd love to go to an OoC tourny. The problem is that it costs time and money. Plus, I'm still at the stage where a have tons of room to improve here. Until/If I get to a stage where I can take games off of the top players in our scene, long, expensive trips don't seem worth it.
not long - 1 day
not too expensive either

Tin Man

Smash Hero
not long - 1 day
not too expensive either
  1. The tourney itself is one day. Facotr in travelling to and from canada. All that time on a bus will make it a 3 day trip at least.
  2. We don't know this. Tickets might be cheap now but still, the expenses are: Food, Tourney, Traveling. Get ready to spend minimum $100 (estimate)

Tin Man

Smash Hero
VIRIDIAN CITY BUS INFO

Not sure if the bus prices are Canadian or American. My source was http://us.megabus.com/

Greyhound is $84 for the same dates round trip ($156 for refundable tickets lol).

While it is WAY more expensive, it offers several more options in terms of time slots for going from Toronto to New York.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I'll be going megabus for sure. Need to keep costs low.

Easily have $100 lying around. Can probably get $30 from my parents for the tourney itself as well. Factoring in hopefully being housed, this'll be easy.

Gichan

Smash Champion
yeah but let me remind you. Those prices on Megabus that Tin has showed increase daily. It's a special that they have, just like mos bus services, where the earlier the date you buy the cheaper the ticket. I am deciding that I will most likely not go because I need to focus more on my life and will need all moneyz for it (moving out soon).

So you saw those ridiculously cheap prices, you can get to NJ by bus (which I think is two hours or close to so factor it in), and alex strife got a hook up for you to get a ride from that NJ terminal to the venue. Guys, if you WANT to go, BUY YOUR TICKETS NOW AND PLAN LATER!! It's better than deciding later and having to pay $100 to and from the tournament.

You know, in fact, I think I'll buy the tickets soon enough just in case I feel like going. Seriously, brawl scene, keep this mind it is important.

Hype

Smash Lord
So I'm chilling at home today preparing for my midterm when I realized, at 2:26, that my midterm wasn't at 3:30, it was at 2:30!

I'm so thankful that I've been running for the past 4 months.

Gichan

Smash Champion
LOL god ****! How late were you though? There's no way you did that run in 4 minutes!

And is anyone else here a Harry Potter fan? The last movie has to be hands down the best of the series so far. Hopefully part 2 of it is even better.

Mprime

Smash Ace
LOL god ****! How late were you though? There's no way you did that run in 4 minutes!

And is anyone else here a Harry Potter fan? The last movie has to be hands down the best of the series so far. Hopefully part 2 of it is even better.
deffinately, the darker that movie gets the better, i hope ron dies in the next one and you get to see hermoine nude full frontal, she is so a babe!

Gichan

Smash Champion
wait what? You guys didn't read the books??? looool dayum.

Yeah no spoilers then but I love how these movies get more mature and drift away from children's content just like the book. It's funny cause for me I read the first book when i was like 12 and the last one when i was like 19-20. I grew along with the books so it was so fitting.

Many parents and most people overall hear harry potter and think children stuff but Rowling did a great job with creating a wizard world and the director did a superb job translating from one medium to another. You can watch a movie before reading one of the books and imagine the world in the movie through the book.

.decoy

Smash Ace
That sounds like a good idea dirt (didn't see part 1 yet either).

NO SPOILERS PLZ >:^[
4srs

harry dies and ron becomes leader of the gingers

oh and voldemort wins.
cause seriously, theres no way harry would ever beat him. tom riddle is a BAMF.

Cruxis

Smash Lord
Hoo! Ha!
Ho! Ha!
Donkey Kong!
Hey, yo look out down below,
here he comes Banana Slamma

Donkey Kong

Hoo! Ha!
Hoo! Ha!
Donkey Kong

Hoo! Ha!
Hoo! Ha!
Donkey Kong.

Hey yo, look out down below
here he comes Bannana Slamma
Kongo Bongo's hero.

Hey yo, Donkey Kong,
Let's go, let's go

Ooh Rah!

tell me i wasnt the only one who watched this

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Hoo! Ha!
Ho! Ha!
Donkey Kong!

Donkey Kong

Hoo! Ha!
Hoo! Ha!
Donkey Kong

Hoo! Ha!
Hoo! Ha!
Donkey Kong.

Kongo Bongo's hero.

Hey yo, Donkey Kong,
Let's go, let's go

Ooh Rah!

tell me i wasnt the only one who watched this
you wasn't the only one who watched this.

*digs up recorded VHSs*

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Many parents and most people overall hear harry potter and think children stuff but Rowling did a great job with creating a wizard world and the director did a superb job translating from one medium to another. You can watch a movie before reading one of the books and imagine the world in the movie through the book.
On a certain radio show out of Detroit (that I doubt no one here would know of due to the geography), they talked about the new Harry Potter movie and eventually got into a mock debate about whether Star Wars or Harry Potter was better... when they went to the phones they only needed to take one caller because of how epic the first call was:

(Voice of a very small child): "uhhh I just have to say Harry Potter is a little too childish"
Chuck: "THANK YOU FIVE YEAR-OLD"
Lisa: "He says it's too childish; the youngest person that's ever called our show"

(The lispy voice Chuck does is just a character he does too, that's not his real voice lol.)

This is definitely not a show children should be listening to either.

I'll link the audio clip if I can find it. edit: found it http://www.89xradio.com/podcast/1119102.mp3, now i just gotta find the timestamp.... 20:55

Gichan

Smash Champion
Man I don't know about that. Like obviously comparing harry potter TO STAR WARS (!!) would give that effect. Hell, I'll even say it's childish if compared to star wars.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
[collapse='dkc TV theme lyrics']Hoo! Ha!
Ho! Ha!
Donkey Kong!

Donkey Kong

Hoo! Ha!
Hoo! Ha!
Donkey Kong

Hoo! Ha!
Hoo! Ha!
Donkey Kong.

Kongo Bongo's hero.

Hey yo, Donkey Kong,
Let's go, let's go

Ooh Rah!

tell me i wasnt the only one who watched this[/collapse]
do you honestly think I didn't watch this o.O

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Lol. You know I basically live on the border right? That tourney was half the distance from me as the GTA tourneys.

Strangely enough I didn't play one MK, not even in friendlies.

Gichan

Smash Champion
hoollyy **** ceX getting dat secret training.

Preservation results thread

1. ally
2. holy
3. ceX

And please could you give us the gap again. I know it is huge, but I wanna know how bad is it.

Top Bottom