• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The GtaN Brawl General discussion thread! -Wait, did the title change?

~XP~

Smash Apprentice
yo has anyone watched Ip Man, that movie is ridiculous. Too good.

Regardless of having scuh an epic movie, NetFlix is still a sakc of ****ing balls.
Watched it, it was an amazing movie. There's a second one if you are interested, haven't seen that one yet though.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
For some reason I thought I mentioned it here, guess I didn't.

So yesterday my aunt died. Funeral is on Monday. Great note to start the holidays on.

Gichan

Smash Champion
Sorry for your loss dirt, sucks to start it out like that.

Calvin, the second part isn't out yet comes out in january or something but it sure as hell won't be as epic. I saw the trailer already and it's just him opening up a school in hong kong. Still going to see it lol.

Have you ever watched any of Park Chan Wook's movies such as Old Boy or Thirst? Their ****ing great, especialy Old Boy. Gonna check out Lady Vengeance on Netflix probably today.

I hated super mario 64 ds. Just something about it pissed me off. and no analog, gtfo. But I remember ****ing my pants for the minigames for Sonic and the Secret Rings for the Wii, **** had better minigames than Mario Party 8, get *****.

Cruxis

Smash Lord
DKCR is so much fun but why did they give DK his ******** scooby doo voice i cant take him seriously at all

Cruxis

Smash Lord
omg if only they gave him his tv show voice that voice was amazing, and he could yell BANNANA SLAMMA every time he enters a level

Gichan

Smash Champion
God damn, my next recommendation for a movie is "The Lives of Others". It is once again a foreign film but man is it incredible, you really get an appreciation for your society and how it could be worse. ****ing great performances, plot-driven, great takes. damn.

And I've been playing older games since watching avgn. Wtf man, I thought Super Metroid was suppose to be easy as **** but everytime they threw me a new thing to get use to I got owned. The wall jumping, WTF! That **** made me flip the **** out. Then the grappling hook, can't let go of the jump you let go of both buttons. Then pressing select everytime you gotta switch between weapons. The jumpoing was also a ***** to get use to, I always landed in like the lava and ****. But once the noob gets a hang of the controls the game is incredible. It has such an atmosphere to it and the game is so well paced and well designed you always wanna explore more and find more secrets. You always wanna go to one more room before you turn it off. I recommend it to anyone who hasn't played it it's really worth your time.

Metroid for nes....is balls lol. But as my girlfriend said, you can see the game designer's vision.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
And I've been playing older games since watching avgn. Wtf man, I thought Super Metroid was suppose to be easy as **** but everytime they threw me a new thing to get use to I got owned. The wall jumping, WTF! That **** made me flip the **** out. Then the grappling hook, can't let go of the jump you let go of both buttons. Then pressing select everytime you gotta switch between weapons. The jumpoing was also a ***** to get use to, I always landed in like the lava and ****. But once the noob gets a hang of the controls the game is incredible. It has such an atmosphere to it and the game is so well paced and well designed you always wanna explore more and find more secrets. You always wanna go to one more room before you turn it off. I recommend it to anyone who hasn't played it it's really worth your time.
oO The controls in Super Metroid are highly customizable, probably more-so than any adventure game of that era.

Metroid for nes....is balls lol. But as my girlfriend said, you can see the game designer's vision.
Yep, play Zero Mission instead. It's honestly a pretty faithful remake except you get a map which solves the only real downfall of Metroid 1 - trying to navigate a bunch of identical hallways with no map.

Wolfblade

Smash Lord
Interesting thread you guys turned this into the in past year. I love its relevance to quite literally nothing, I'm bored, imma go look for tournies...

Lanowen

BRoomer
BRoomer
God damn, my next recommendation for a movie is "The Lives of Others". It is once again a foreign film but man is it incredible, you really get an appreciation for your society and how it could be worse. ****ing great performances, plot-driven, great takes. damn.

Super Metroid is the best game ever.

Man if you just started playing it you gotta watch these videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zf6RTAxgO4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6djQ5DUHLM

So entertaining, this guy also some some other pretty good stuff that's pretty entertaining too.

Apart from Super Metroid, M:Fusion and M:ZM are alright, I like them better than the Prime games. I've lose faith in Nintendo even more so since Other M. Gotta wait for fan games like Metroid: SR388 and Another Metroid 2 Remake. ****, I should probably just start on my own.

IMO: Super Metroid > Fusion > MZM > Metroid II > Metroid

and I thought Metroid II was actually pretty good, its just the fact that's its a GameBoy game that kinda sucks.

Gichan

Smash Champion
Super Metroid is the best game ever.

Man if you just started playing it you gotta watch these videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zf6RTAxgO4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6djQ5DUHLM

So entertaining, this guy also some some other pretty good stuff that's pretty entertaining too.

Apart from Super Metroid, M:Fusion and M:ZM are alright, I like them better than the Prime games. I've lose faith in Nintendo even more so since Other M. Gotta wait for fan games like Metroid: SR388 and Another Metroid 2 Remake. ****, I should probably just start on my own.

IMO: Super Metroid > Fusion > MZM > Metroid II > Metroid

and I thought Metroid II was actually pretty good, its just the fact that's its a GameBoy game that kinda sucks.
I kinda think you and ceX got the idea hat I think this game sucks. This game is AMAZING! I haven't done a speed run yet but will soon. I had a ****load of fun with this, I even wrote a small review for it just cause I had to get it out of my system.

But I don't see why the Prime games are bad. The first one is such a great transition to 3-D, thank god they waited for the GC rather than putting it on N64. MP2 and MP3 unfortunately stray away in their own way which isn't entirely bad since it is a new series within Metroid. But regardless my main issue with the MP series is the music, it is too...futuristic perhaps? It's like a butchering of the old music, just ridiculous.

Gonna check out those vids right now.

and what system is Zero Mission for? And Fusion is for GBA?

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
For the Metroid series, IMO:

Metroid II = Prime series > Super Metroid > Zero Mission > Fusion

Just sort of threw in the Prime series. Only like them a bit more than Super Metroid though.

I love the Prime music, and the series in general. Iunno, but 2 just had such great gameplay, was HARD, took a lot of thought, and the dual worlds was pretty well done, though I might have liked to see a bit more of the dark world. Prime 3 felt a bit linear sometimes, but it was exceedingly well done imo. I loved the final area, though throughout the game those goddamn phazon grenades that if you didn't laser over and over meant you died immediately were absolute BS. Especially when there were multiple things throwing them at you.

Oh, and I died to the Ing Emperor my first time because I couldn't figure out how to hurt one of his forms. Then I realized it was magnetic.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Both for GBA (@Gi)

also imo:
Super > Zero Mission > MP3 > MP2 > Fusion > MP1 > Metroid 2 > Metroid > HIV-infected needles > Other M.

and yes, after playing all of the Primes again, I honestly do believe they got better as they went.

Gichan

Smash Champion
I like the worlds in the first one over the rest of them. It felt so natural and the game carried an atmosphere that the other two didn't match. It also laid the foundation of the gameplay which wasn't changed much in the next two games.

But I've been meaning to play the Prime series again since it's been such a long time, MP3 being the latest but I wasn't too happy with it since it felt more of an action shooter than first person adventure.

ceX how come you say it got better as the series went on, I'm curious.

Oh and I don't knw which game's title screen it was but that was the best ****ing song in the metroid prime series, it's also in brawl on frigate orpheon.

Lanowen

BRoomer
BRoomer
I just don't like comparing Metroid Prime games with Classic Metroid games because they are too different.

I've always liked the 2D sidescroller action that the Classic games give, I've always thought of the Prime games being slow and dummed down with all these hints they throw at you and using the scanner and bull****.

In terms of gameplay I like Classic better, in terms of graphics I like Prime better.

Perhaps I should play through the Primes again as well...

Top Bottom