• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The GtaN Brawl General discussion thread! -Wait, did the title change?

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
The skill gap is not that bad but keep in mind I didn't play any of the top finishers. I'm pretty confident in saying I'm dead even with TC (especially given the ridiculous way our set ended). KB is good but unless he was sandbagging me then Niko was better last time I played him (and that was when he hosted OiN at his house). I played someone's Fox in friendlies who really put me on blast. 3-stocked both my Ness and Pika, but when I adjusted to him the next game it was last stock high %; might have just been unfamiliarity with how he played.

YBM got maaad good though. I won't be surprised if he's Riddle status soon.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
^^^ Shouldn't Pikachu **** fox lol. Use dem chaingrabs bro :p

I think TO Joe beat Shugo in a MM at apex, and because I main Olimar, I think I could take YBM's Kirby and ZSS. Lain would be a pain in the *** though. And Shugo' Falco will prove difficult since the matchup is also in their favor. If only they would use MK vs me :awesome:.

Avarice got 13th at the revival and 17th there (but shoulda got 13th?)

So we can't be that far off, but this is all just my speculation.

Also, I think I would at least place 5th and beat sneaky taco & hippiedude (due to wifi results, but who knows, not that worried tho).

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Pikachu should **** Fox, that was the point. I do use the chaingrabs; ask Doc.

YBM's ZSS now is very different from anything you've seen in videos of him thus far, trust me. Him and Shugo are crewmates though too so take results between them with a heaping pile of salt, besides Falco being ZSS' worst matchup.

swordgard

Smash Hero
^^^ Shouldn't Pikachu **** fox lol. Use dem chaingrabs bro :p

I think TO Joe beat Shugo in a MM at apex, and because I main Olimar, I think I could take YBM's Kirby and ZSS. Lain would be a pain in the *** though. And Shugo' Falco will prove difficult since the matchup is also in their favor. If only they would use MK vs me :awesome:.

Avarice got 13th at the revival and 17th there (but shoulda got 13th?)

So we can't be that far off, but this is all just my speculation.

Also, I think I would at least place 5th and beat sneaky taco & hippiedude (due to wifi results, but who knows, not that worried tho).

We actually are. The goal of this game is not to beat specific individuals, but rather to beat as many people as possible. This is why, TO joe despite being number 1 in GTA atm, and beating leemartin in a MM, didn't make it out of pools while lain got 5th, even though he got 3rd at that local tourney.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
shugo and Y.B.M. also went to apex tho. Y.B.M. didn't make it out of pools either, yet placed 2nd at this local tourney =/. Tied with Joe in apex doubles.

Its also funny how shugo placed lower at apex, but won this tourney. Guess he's better vs YBM and lain.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
So, I was thinking yesterday while I was studying chemistry (the contact sort, tag chemistry is for wimps) and had this great idea: why don't we start a podcast? We've got plenty of material, whether it's hrcpoke and his actually being a good player with only a wiimote, TO Joe beating Holy, that bull**** match on frigate, whether or not this MTL place actually in fact exists, etc. We plan it out, then meet up somewhere on the weekend and record it. We could even comment things happening in other regions.

So who wants to be in on this?

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Also, a WiP by me.
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Av9pN1e5uflfdFY3Wmhya3lJRDMybGEtMC1BQmtMQ1E&hl=en

I'm planning on adding the people who have played in doubles but haven't entered singles, and just putting "did not compete" under all the tournaments listed. I'm also trying to figure out how I would go about making a similar sheet for doubles, and I'm going to start work on a sheet of how many tournament sets each player has won against another player.

Note that my edits don't go up as I make them, I edit it in Excel and import them to google docs.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
So I beat the new Golden Sun. All I will say is that, upon the credits finishing rolling, I was asked to save my game and presented with a cutscene.

There's going to be a Golden Sun 4. And it's probably already in production.

Cruxis

Smash Lord
yo dawgs so a few days ago my cat accidently spilled like 1 litre of water on my laptop and holy fuck i was shitting myself and i dried it for a good 2 hours and left it off overnight and now its working perfectly fine again with no problems but i am worried if it might randomly die on me in a week or something, can anybody who had something like this happen or who knows about computers tell me if my laptop will stay alive

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
So long as it completely dried out before you turned it on again, you should be fine. I'd get it looked at though.

Mikey7

Smash Lord
yo dawgs so a few days ago my cat accidently spilled like 1 litre of water on my laptop and holy fuck i was shitting myself and i dried it for a good 2 hours and left it off overnight and now its working perfectly fine again with no problems but i am worried if it might randomly die on me in a week or something, can anybody who had something like this happen or who knows about computers tell me if my laptop will stay alive
better water than cat pee

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
So yeah, I've finally figured out why I'm having trouble with some of the more basic tech stuff... like tilting instead of smashing or WTF iDAing for no reason.
Two things, actually.

1. I've been playing too many gamecube games lately.
2. I play with CC.

The control sticks are too loose compared to the GCC, so when I try to tilt, the controller reads it as a smash, or an iDA, which is especially bad if I'm playing my D3.

Suffice it to say, I'm a full convert to the GCC now. Now if only that B-Button wasn't in such a ridiculous place. Who designed this controller thinking that was a good idea? (admittedly, it was in the zelda games...).

Gonna be spending part of today playing through SSE (Brawl- turned on of course) with GCC.

Gichan

Smash Champion
yo has anyone watched Ip Man, that movie is ridiculous. Too good.

Regardless of having scuh an epic movie, NetFlix is still a sakc of ****ing balls.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Just something random.

Remember how I was talking about finding visible hitbubble pacs and us practicing with them at York?

So far, the following things are impossible to do:
Peach's FSmash - due to the random nature of FSmash. I'm trying to find a way to do this. *EDIT* may have spoken too soon, never thought to check the peach boards.
Olimar's pretty much everything - They're not technically part of Olimar from what I understand
Samus, in general - file size limits. unless someone particularly cares enough, I won't bother trying to find a way around this.
ZSS - See Samus

On the otherhand, what I do have so far is...

D3
Game and Watch
Ganondorf
Ike
Link
Lucas
Marth
Meta Knight
Ness
Peach
Pit
Jigglypuff
ROB
Snake
Sonic
Wario - has one error on NAir, may fix this myself
Wolf
Zelda

If someone wants to help me find/make these, would be much appreciated.

Can't find Lucario anywhere.... No... May have to make it myself.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Just something random.

Remember how I was talking about finding visible hitbubble pacs and us practicing with them at York?

So far, the following things are impossible to do:

Olimar's pretty much everything - They're not technically part of Olimar from what I understand
MWAHAHAHAHAHA, no one will ever know :awesome:.

BTW, link me the MK tornado video. I remember some people talking about that.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Well, can't find a fancy video or anything, but here's a fancy pac of his hitbubbles:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jG7mu4_JLzE

It's got a couple of bugs because Meta Knight actually changes his visibility with his throws and dimensional cape. But it should suffice, I'd think. Just load that up and use Nado. It'll look like it's just one big long hitbox for the full duration, but the hitboxes are actually renewed every frame.

*edit* In other news, not only do I now have a copy of the game, but I now have WIFI. YES. Now I just have to get McAfee to stop blocking it.

Top Bottom