• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The GtaN Brawl General discussion thread! -Wait, did the title change?

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Hey, guys, you all need to play Sonic Colours. Right now. The DS version is freaking amazing, considering the past decade of Sonic games have been pretty meh. Just warning you: If you automatically dislike a game for having new gameplay elements from a previous game, you 1) suck and 2) probably should play it anyways, because it's that awesome.

Gichan

Smash Champion
**** man I lost my DS. But even then it would be hard for me to bring myself to play a Sonic game. There were a ****load of games I had on the cyclod that I wanted to get into though but I forgot the titles sadly.

That system is hoenstly ****ing legendary. I really hope the 3DS will carry on like that.

ALSO, guys consider Viridian City 9. Dirt says he is going, I maaay consider and I know there will be more interested. Maybe if we go as a group we can get cheaper fares. OR, hussle a driver. Patches how much could we pay you to go?

Pragmatic

Smash Journeyman
**** man I lost my DS. But even then it would be hard for me to bring myself to play a Sonic game. There were a ****load of games I had on the cyclod that I wanted to get into though but I forgot the titles sadly.

That system is hoenstly ****ing legendary. I really hope the 3DS will carry on like that.

ALSO, guys consider Viridian City 9. Dirt says he is going, I maaay consider and I know there will be more interested. Maybe if we go as a group we can get cheaper fares. OR, hussle a driver. Patches how much could we pay you to go?
I don't have a stupid passport. :glare:

Otherwise, I would absolutely love to go.

-Googs

Smash Lord
yes, but i'm back home in gta from december 11th until around dec 30th? I have to figure out if i want to be in GTA or MTL for New Years Eve, if im in GTA for new years then i'll go, but if mtl then i gotta bus it back on the 30th and I doubt we'd be back by then.

Jer

Smash Ace
Ally should be there iirc, it's a brawl tourney but there's gunna be one melee setup.

That's the only reason i'm going :)

I'll try and get on stream with my trash Diddy if you want ^_^

Gichan

Smash Champion
yeah this scene should get a move on in deciding how we are doing this. Bussing it is lame since it is nearly $200. I'll see at what point this week i can call them and ask how much of a discount we can get depending on how many people go. Can someone ask Raidos if he is interested in going?

Jer

Smash Ace
Sorry you guys couldnt see my amazing vbrawl chars in action yeseterday >_> I don't even think there was a stream.

Fizzi should've brought his laptop and streamed melee, you guys wouldve been pissing yourselves :D

-Googs

Smash Lord
If you book megabus early enough we can get REALLY cheap buses, however if im not mistaken megabus only goes to newyork city? it might be cheaper if we book it, go to ny then figure a way to nj, subway? IDK how well public transportation is in the states

Tin Man

Smash Hero
I also assume if we go to viridian city, there will be no plans to go to pound 5 then.

Viridian is closer and cheaper (since its closer, and the venue/entrance fees are less and its only 1 day instead of like 3 so food wont **** us).

More Details

Viridian City:

Venue = $10
Singles = $10
Doubles = $10

Duration: 1 day on a Saturday (also, less money to spend on food)

Pound 5:

Venue = $15
Singles = $15
Doubles = $20

Duration: 3 Days from Saturday to MONDAY :urg: (also, more money to spend on food)

Gichan

Smash Champion
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

How the **** do you come across these things?! That **** was great!

BTW, has anyone played Pikachu PokePark for the wii? **** looks kinda legit so I wanted to know if it was worth playing. Pokemon Rumble was ****ing top tier so I hope this is to.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
I see the talk of OOC tournaments. Do it up guys! GTA Brawl was once the promise land of competition (lawl08) let's get those US *******s and rep the scene! And by let's I mean you guys lol *can't deal with the hyper patience involved in US style of play*

Gichan

Smash Champion
Guys instead of waiting on rides let's do up some megabus tickets. But first if someone can post up info on how to get to New Jersey from NY that would be awesome. When I have free time I'll try to help out with calling mehabus greyhound, coach canada on information if we travel in a group and such.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Perfect. You guys can figure this out, just let me know about how much money I need to put aside for this.

Also, in the (fairly probable) event that fUddO can't go, who wants to team?

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Perfect. You guys can figure this out, just let me know about how much money I need to put aside for this.

Also, in the (fairly probable) event that fUddO can't go, who wants to team?
you have 2 help too =/.

I'm surprised that ur 3rd tourney is going to be an OoC one. How long have you been following smash for anyways?

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
you have 2 help too =/.

I'm surprised that ur 3rd tourney is going to be an OoC one. How long have you been following smash for anyways?
I know, just really busy this week with school stuff.

Been following about a year and a half now.

Gichan

Smash Champion
Even if you are fairly new it doesn't matter, that shouldn't stop you from an OoC tourney. Seriously, that's where you improve THE MOST, no lie. anyone who goes there comes back mucy better. And you also have your eyes opened to how bad our scene is in comparison to other places, it really is a shocker. So Dirt, do it up if you can.

Gichan

Smash Champion
And I'll scrub it up with melee to.

Unless you play ssfiv, that would be awesome.

Oh man, speaking of melee the other day my girlfriend and I were playing and **** what a rage fest. We ****ing suck teh big ones, even though we did before but it got to the point that a casual player would probably beat us. Can't L-cancel, wavedash, buffer properly, not even short jump. What a disgrace,

Top Bottom