• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The GtaN Brawl General discussion thread! -Wait, did the title change?

Cruxis

Smash Lord
holy fuck i love replaying banjo kazooie and tooie i feel like my brain is orgasming from nostalgia

Gichan

Smash Champion
rare was the **** under nintendo. I mean they probably still make good games, like Viva Pinata, but those platformers they made were **** man; conker's bad fur day is ridiculously good way ahead of its time, Banjo Kazooie & tooie, DK64, then we have games like Goldeneye and Diddy Kong Racing. So sad they left those *******s.

Btw, Eminem's new album? Discuss. To me it is trash just like his last one.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Recovery is better than Relapse, but still mediocre in comparison to Eminem's older music.

Gichan

Smash Champion
That song was...just..genius. Wow, for all those that were jizzing about a lame line like "love is evil spell it backwards and I'll show ya" get ***** by the lyrics of that song (i love you joe).

Man, it sucks but radio is focusing on such bad music nowadays. I want to know what makes people like such trash, I know one reason has to be to fit in with teh coolios of their school. But wow, just wow, there's such bad music out there that's even making Bieber's music look legit it's sickening.

Worst thing out there to me still stands to be Ke$ha and I don't think I'll find something to top that ***** for a while.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
eminem was better in the old days no doubt,but he cant go back to that ****, gotta evolve as an artist,the whole addiction drugs and proof thing ruined his career but atleast hes getting back on track...hes changing with his music etcetc..honestly relapse had like 2 good songs but i really digg recovery..its all preference...id rather him make changes and keep it realzzzz ya feels me homie?

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
What his music sounds like nowadays I wouldn't go anywhere near, so it doesn't matter to me.
I don't listen to "rap" music, I represent the real hip hop, and I could give countless examples of the difference.

And "cant go back to that ****, gotta evolve as an artist" is incredibly stupid, at this point he could do whatever the hell he wanted, and if he did go back to the oldschool it might teach fanboys what keeping it realzzzz really is. Its that old "for the love or for the money?" type shiz, its simple to tell which is which.

And GI its not nowadays, radio is always going to be radio. Whatever them teen girls like is what radio is going to give you.

Gichan

Smash Champion
I don't know about that nate. The fact was at one point music was a bit better in many aspects. Yws there has always been bad music like backstreet boys and nsync but even then at least they had to have some sort of talent, some sort. I think where the difference lies is the focus of music, in the past it was a bit more about rock, instruments, with pop but now it is all autotune with ****ty beats. Radio will always be raadio but it is starting to get worse as the years go on.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
arguing over musical tastes is fail my good man

nate doesnt feel me dawg, i got luv for you tho

and who even cares about radio? put some AUX inputs in your car and listen to w.e the **** you want..its all trends with radio,if pop is the hot **** there gona play bieber an cheetah girls or w,e the **** it is these days LOL..its what makes the most money and attracts the biggest audience,anything that involves money rarely ever does it for the "love" of music,whatever they can cash in on theyll exploit

we could look past radio and go into society and whatnot,but then branbran would **** us and tinmans brain would explode

Gichan

Smash Champion
Joe it isn't about the taste of music what he is referring to is some sort of criteria that his older music has set. The fact that it was raw, poetic, and very well written whereas now you can clearly see it is forced music just so that he can keep his name around. Example;

A verse from cleanin out my closet

I got some skeletons in my closet and I don't know if no one knows it, so before they thrown me
inside my coffin and close it, i'ma expose it, i'll take you back to '73, before I ever had a
multi-platinum sellin' Cd, I was a baby, maybe I was just a couple of months, my ****** father
must have had his pantie's up in a bunch, cause he split, I wonder if he even kissed me goodbye,
no I don't on second thought, I just ****in' wished he would die, I look at Hailie and I
couldn't picture leavin' her side, even if I hated Kim, I grit my teeth and I'd try, to make it
work with her at least for Hailie's sake, I maybe made some mistakes but i'm only human, but i'm
man enough to face them today, what I did was stupid, no doubt it was dumb, but the smartest
**** I did was take them bullets out of that gun, cause id'a killed 'em, **** I would have shot
Kim and him both, it's my life, i'd like to welcome y'all to the Eminem show...

A verse from Not afraid

You can try and read my lyrics off of this paper before I lay 'em
But you won't take this thing out these words before I say 'em
Cause ain't no way I'm let you stop me from causing mayhem
When I say 'em or do something I do it, I don't give a ****
What you think, I'm doing this for me, so **** the world
Feed it beans, it's gassed up, if a thing's stopping me
I'mma be what I set out to be, without a doubt undoubtedly
And all those who look down on me I'm tearing down your balcony
No if ands or buts don't try to ask him why or how can he
From Infinite down to the last Relapse album he's still **** and
Whether he's on salary, paid hourly
Until he bows out or he ****'s his bowels out of him
Whichever comes first, for better or worse
He's married to the game, like a **** you for christmas
His gift is a curse, forget the earth he's got the urge
To pull his **** from the dirt and **** the universe

....yeah...

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Joe or anyone else who is a fan of Eminem, should dl and listen to the Infinite album.
If you think you like Eminem and you haven't heard that album.... you don't even understand who you're listening to.

There is more rhyme skill, flow, and heart then anything else he's made since. A song like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yq0jaWOaY2I strikes me in so many ways. That is a real song, for the love from the heart.

Edit: I just posted mine.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
what is everyones favrite eminem song j.w??

EDIT: i didnt even know about infinite haha,slim shady LP i started with..its chills though i must say im enjoying it back here =D iluu nateee

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
stop tatatatatalkin that blah blah blah

yeah its 1;30am and im on a smash bros forum reciting lines from Ke$ha songs

get @ me

Phiddlesticks

Smash Lord
my most hated song is that HO-TEL, MO-TEL, HOLIDAY INN song

there are also a lot of nickelback/theory of a deadman/seether/hinder/etc songs that all sound EXACTLY THE SAME and theyre all terrible and i literally cant tell those bands apart

tha_carter

Smash Ace
"its ok" from infinite was a classic track
some pre-infinite eminem was funny, tryna speed rap like bone thugs and do or die. SO bad ahah

too bad good music doesnt get supported by its fans. The good albums of the past couple year cant sell **** compared to Ke$ha lol

.Marik

is a social misfit
my most hated song is that HO-TEL, MO-TEL, HOLIDAY INN song

there are also a lot of nickelback/theory of a deadman/seether/hinder/etc songs that all sound EXACTLY THE SAME and theyre all terrible and i literally cant tell those bands apart
I can't stand Pitbull. His music is devoid of any talent or originality. Terrible artist.

Theory of a Deadman was good back in the day, I don't listen to rock or alternative anymore though.

As for Eminem, an example of the good music he used to produce are tracks like "No Apologies."

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
No one.

I know some people (including me) that play BlazBlue though. Those people are also probably at odds with the fact that Continuum Shift releases on the same day as Starcraft 2.

Gichan

Smash Champion
Blazblue died hard, very unfortunate cause it was actually good except that v-13 was ridiculous, worse than metaknight.

Seether wasn't that bad. Disclaimer was a pretty good and solid rock album with disclaimer II following, and yet again not that bad. But after that they went down the hill and became every grou[ mentioned along with that category...nickelback ugh.

Funny thing is though if there is one band you can say never sold out, Nickelback is actually qualified lol. They have never changed their sound, what beasts...in some eyes.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
savin me by nickelback is my guilty pleasure rofl =$

if i had and like toy soldiers are my top Em tracks yeahyuhz!

edit: i just dont give a **** is good too...uhhhh i could post more but i think im his only fan rofl

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Blazblue died hard, very unfortunate cause it was actually good except that v-13 was ridiculous, worse than metaknight.
BB actually had 2 MK's. Rachel was just as ridiculous as Nu. Either way v-13 is gone in CS and the new Nu is nerfed hard.

Top Bottom