• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The GtaN Brawl General discussion thread! -Wait, did the title change?

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Caring about whether a game was made for a mature audience with things like realism, violence, w/e, rather than caring about a game being made that is fun and challenging is a sure sign of shallow taste as a gamer.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Caring about whether a game was made for a mature audience with things like realism, violence, w/e, rather than caring about a game being made that is fun and challenging is a sure sign of shallow taste as a gamer.
I've been saying this so much its not even funny. Defending the gamecube was so hard lol, everyone against me =/

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Actually yeah, the gamecube did pretty much suck. You got Melee, Metroid Prime series, Tales of Symphonia, and Killer 7...I guess Resident Evil as well but I never got around to playing it on the gamecube. Not much else to talk about.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
omg

why hasn't anyone talked about Golden Sun: Dark Dawn? it's gon be awesome
THIS. Cyan you have the closest taste to mine <3
Kirby 64 is the **** imo. I think its my fave Kirby game. I love comboing abilities. Rock and Cutter was the ****.
I like gamecube and don't think it sucked. best imo of that gen
Tinaye no offense but I swear you have the worst taste in video games of all time. Gamecube was the ****box of its generation, had some good games.... but compared to what its competition provided it was a sad performance.

Kirby 64 is easily the WORST of the Kirby games, while comboing powers was fun there were almost no special commands (thus making the powers much shallower than Super Star) and the game was Stupid easy. I ran through the entire game one handed with my thumb and pinky finger in ONE sitting just to prove to my friends how easy it was.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
god how can u guys say things like that. Video games are made to be fu and fun is subjective. Whats fun to me is different than whats fun to you, and I am allowed to have my own opinion. Since games are made for a subjective bases, I don't believe in a "good game" that everyone is supposed to like. That concept is ********. How can it make sense that someone likes a bad game. Difficulty is subjective, and who is to say that the harder the better, same with length of a game, longer the better, says who, short can be good also, it depend son the person. "Professional reviewers" are just giving their opinion when they review games based on what they expect from the genre, series, etc.

Gi hates the idea that nintendo is wasting their time on a new donkey kong country, Mikey loves that idea. Can you really determine who is right and who is wrong? The answer is no. U guys ave no place saying I have bad taste in video games. My taste in games is normal. I liked gamecube for the games it had that other systems didn't have. All the mario Parties, Mario sports titles, Metroid, F-Zero, Melee, Mario Kart, Luigi's mansion, Star fox, the list goes on. The other systems didn't have those games which I like. There was also the bit that I was biased which has changed now (but I am still a fanboy). Sorry i didn't like Halo or socom, or GTA (I actually just never cared about them, its not that i don't like them). You guys are out of place to put down my taste in video games.

Pho

Smash Journeyman
The fact that you can compare the Gamecube to the PS2, or even the Xbox says a lot about your taste in games. Your Nintendo bias seems like blind fanboyism more than anything.
Get ***** Tinman.

I feel like I can't play single player games anymore, with the exception of RPGs. Which even then I feel like it's work just to say I've played it and beat it for the sake of conversation. The only times where I felt that every second of gaming was fun was two generations ago. FF Tactics, Mario 64, Smash 64, FF7 just to name a few are games I played and never got bored. I just played God of War, and even though everyone said it was amazing, which it was, there were moments where I was bored and just wanted the game to be over. Multiplayer fills the void every now and then just because I like the challenge, but making fun of people online via MW2 should not be an excuse for why a game should suck.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Tin Man, my viewpoint is completely valid, I grew up with Nintendo my entire life. I was once a Nintendo fanboy until the Gamecube dropped. I still think that the N64, the SNES, and the NES are three of the most amazing consoles in gaming history, and I still go back to play games from those consoles frequently.

I liked a few of the Gamecube titles, especially Melee, Metroid Prime and Windwaker. But it is an irrefutable fact that the PS2 was unmatched in that generation.

Feel free to disagree with my opinion, the majority of all Nintendo fans will agree with me. But the fact that you're so butthurt by the opinion(s) of others puts a smile on my face. Go play the games you like, nobody is stopping you. But the Gamecube will never compare to the PS2.

.Marik

is a social misfit
I pulled an all-nighter playing Mario Party at my friend's house.

It brought back so many nostalgic childhood memories.

Tinaye, the Nintendo Gamecube is easily the worst console Nintendo released.

Melee, Wind Waker, Metroid Prime, Luigi's Mansion, and Sunshine were notably good.

That's about it. We're not putting you down simply for your taste, but it isn't coincidence nobody else liked the Gamecube.

Mikey7

Smash Lord
what games were good on gc besides like smash, wind waker, tales

and like how do you even remotely compare any of hte single player games to metal gear, god of war, kingdom hearts, final fantasy, etc

Runawayfire

Smash Lord

and like how do you even remotely compare any of hte single player games to metal gear, god of war, kingdom hearts, final fantasy, etc
You look at them through closed-minded Nintendo fanboy goggles, and everything just kinda comes into focus.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Is anyone in Toronto available this week?

I've finished all my exams, and have no more school this year until July.

Brawl, Brawl+, Melee, and Project M are fine. Let me know.

.Marik

is a social misfit
If you wanna come down to Brampton, you're more than welcome at my house any day starting Wednesday. But nobody else really lives in Brampton.
Wednesday? That works.

I have to be back in Mississauga for Thursday though, can I get housing as well?

You might as well invite other Brampton players. If not, I'll just head back to Mississauga that night.

Cyan_

Smash Lord
THIS. Cyan you have the closest taste to mine <3
<4

wanna recommend me some games to play over the summer?

Get ***** Tinman.

I feel like I can't play single player games anymore, with the exception of RPGs. Which even then I feel like it's work just to say I've played it and beat it for the sake of conversation. The only times where I felt that every second of gaming was fun was two generations ago. FF Tactics, Mario 64, Smash 64, FF7 just to name a few are games I played and never got bored. I just played God of War, and even though everyone said it was amazing, which it was, there were moments where I was bored and just wanted the game to be over. Multiplayer fills the void every now and then just because I like the challenge, but making fun of people online via MW2 should not be an excuse for why a game should suck.
omg I agree entirely. i get so bored of these new single player games...I just wanna play online with friends. however, older single player games (esp. RPG) are awesome

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
I'm not sure you could get housing. It's highly unlikely. If other people from Brampton wanna come, we might have to relocate. Too many people my parents don't know = bad idea. I barely let people over in the first place.

Jamaicans... -_-

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Am I the only one that felt that entire generation of consoles (including PS2) sucked? I didn't even have a decent PC for gaming around then and yet I played more on PC then than I ever have.

In other news reminiscent of SNES days; MK9 is actually looking really really good and they're trying to bring the gameplay back to Ultimate MK3 and improve on that... so they've pretty much already sold me a copy.

Mikey7

Smash Lord
Am I the only one that felt that entire generation of consoles (including PS2) sucked? I didn't even have a decent PC for gaming around then and yet I played more on PC then than I ever have.

In other news reminiscent of SNES days; MK9 is actually looking really really good and they're trying to bring the gameplay back to Ultimate MK3 and improve on that... so they've pretty much already sold me a copy.
ps2 was amazzzzinggg

it was just pre-multiplayer and most poeple have more fun from multiplayer than single player

Dayzin

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure you could get housing. It's highly unlikely. If other people from Brampton wanna come, we might have to relocate. Too many people my parents don't know = bad idea. I barely let people over in the first place.

Jamaicans... -_-
if I feel like it can I show up?

.decoy

Smash Ace
ps2 was amazzzzinggg

it was just pre-multiplayer and most poeple have more fun from multiplayer than single player
thissssssss

yo did anyone every play the game xenogears?
efffing loved that game

also rippped, which is why im not asking about the pr
amirite tin

Iliad

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure Dynasty Warriors franchise alone made the PS2 ****ing amazing.

But for the record. The two greatest videogames of ALL TIME in order: #1 Starcraft, #2 Battlefield: 1942

Real-talk.

Inle~Orichas

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure Dynasty Warriors franchise alone made the PS2 ****ing amazing.

But for the record. The two greatest videogames of ALL TIME in order: #1 Starcraft, #2 Battlefield: 1942

Real-talk.
Seconded. [goes back to lurking, or lurkering if I feel like playing Zerg]

Tin Man

Smash Hero
But the fact that you're so butthurt by the opinion(s) of others puts a smile on my face.
How can u tell if I'm butthurt and why would u be happy? You have sinister intentions or something?

Tinaye, the Nintendo Gamecube is easily the worst console Nintendo released.

Melee, Wind Waker, Metroid Prime, Luigi's Mansion, and Sunshine were notably good.

That's about it. We're not putting you down simply for your taste, but it isn't coincidence nobody else liked the Gamecube.
At least you put it in a way that isn't degrading. I still disagree with u but its a respectful disagreement :)

I made a list in my 2 paragraph post (an incomplete list). And yeah sorry for not likeing the games u mentioned as much as the games on gamecube =/.

You look at them through closed-minded Nintendo fanboy goggles, and everything just kinda comes into focus.
You don't have to make my opinion sound so ******** just because you don't agree with it.

sigg'd

10sigg'd
why would u do that?

Mikey7

Smash Lord
oic the list

tin we find it hard to like understand because everyone had a gamecube and personally, ive met 2 people who liked the gamecube as a system over the other systems out of many friends - many say it was the worst consolde made by any company. most people who've played all the systems would say the same that gamecube was the inferior system its just confusing is all lol

Iliad

Smash Lord
I ****ing loved the gamecube lmao.

As a console itself, it -was- superior to the other two. Graphics chip that was better than the ps2, and load times that would seem like jesus himself blessed the machine when compared to the xbox.

The only reason ANYONE ****s on it, is because of the lack of titles. The console itself was in everyway superior to BOTH the xbox and Ps2. But the lack of titles meant you didn't really wanna get it, because the better games were on ps2 (**** xbox btw.)

Even simpler:

You guys either have no idea what you're talking about or you're saying it all wrong. The gamecube was better hardware, it just had ****tier software.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
How can u tell if I'm butthurt and why would u be happy? You have sinister intentions or something?
I can tell that you're butthurt just by the fact that you're still debating this. Iliad is right, the Gamecube was superior in hardware to the PS2. But the Gamecube still sucked, because the titles make the console. The main reason PS2 was successful as a console because of the multitude of amazing titles it had. The reason the Gamecube was a failure is because of the lack of good titles it had in comparison to the PS2, or even the Xbox.

LOL, Phen.

Mikey7

Smash Lord
I ****ing loved the gamecube lmao.

As a console itself, it -was- superior to the other two. Graphics chip that was better than the ps2, and load times that would seem like jesus himself blessed the machine when compared to the xbox.

The only reason ANYONE ****s on it, is because of the lack of titles. The console itself was in everyway superior to BOTH the xbox and Ps2. But the lack of titles meant you didn't really wanna get it, because the better games were on ps2 (**** xbox btw.)

Even simpler:

You guys either have no idea what you're talking about or you're saying it all wrong. The gamecube was better hardware, it just had ****tier software.
thx for that, captain f smash

Top Bottom