• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Gta+Niagara Brawl Power Rankings! (last updated 06/28. OMG RLY!?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Just because I beat him doesn't mean it isn't ridiculously broken, and annoying. I love being grabbed once and receiving over 85 damage each grab :) with absolutely no way to escape.

Also grabbing while charging a smash, ROFL.

Niko_K

Smash Master
I JUST noticed, doubles results are used too? That's a bit ridiculous if you ask me. What made you guys use doubles results. It's a completely different game in comparison to singles.

KingAce

Smash Ace
Doubles are weighted nowhere near as heavily as singles. Im pretty dam sure that if you and someone are a really close tie for the same place, but you almost always make top 3 in doubles whereas the other person never does as good then its the tiebreaker. Besides it has to mean something like nate said, there are ONLY 2 events that are actually run.. anyways, some people always make top 3 in doubles regardless of their teammate and that has to mean something.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I JUST noticed, doubles results are used too? That's a bit ridiculous if you ask me. What made you guys use doubles results. It's a completely different game in comparison to singles.
it's to convince people they should enter doubles

Bug~

Smash Ace
maybe the panelists shouldve talked to the brawl community first to see wat the community wants, not jus the panelists want.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
maybe ur dum.

teams is used for tie-breakers only to my understanding. it's weighted very, very small.

or at least that's what it's supposed to be like.

or are we ****ing around with the system again?

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
If its used for tie breakers ONLY, then thats fine. And not used for anything else at all. Convince people to play doubles? From what I seen people in the scene play doubles regardless, and its mainly newcomers who don't play doubles even if they planned to because they seen how rough the competish was.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
people are dumb.

doubles aside from being much more fun than singles forces a lot more awareness that is essential in any game to compete at a decent level in.

pyrnight

Smash Journeyman
kirbykaze speaks the truth..

max + kingace want more prize money in doubles

and yeh shut your mouths, if they say its weighted very small and only used as a tie breaker and your QQin, you're dum
b

pyrnight

Smash Journeyman
yeh and i agree also, to whoever said "theres only 2 events"... exactly.... obviously this is PR is meant to show the skill of an individual player, doubles is part of that, no matter how small.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Your skill as a player = Your skill playing in tournaments.

Tournaments hold 2 events, singles and doubles.

Now with that said, singles of course is waaay more important. But the point is that points can still be proven through doubles. For instance me and Erix taking out Kingace and Mdk in winner's bracket at T9.

Now how good does that look for Erix, an up and comer? Its not going to right out get him on the PR, but say at Niagra this sunday he plays well in singles too. That fact backed up with his achievement in doubles will make his spot a hell of a lot more solid.

But seriously, I love doubles. Not trying to boost myself but does it not look good for me that I team with a different person almost every tournament but no matter who it is I team with my team is allways in the top 3?

Do you guys understand how doubles works now?
Singles is like a sentence, do well in doubles and you add an exclamation point to that sentence.
Stop hating on it because you dont practice it as much and you somehow feel like you'll get ripped off because you don't usually do well in doubles. No doubles johns.
I've been the one saying " look, there's only two events...." from the get go...

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
isai stopped playing teams in melee a while ago.

and iunno if someone consistently ***** everyone in teams with random partners but doesn't make it far into singles, then he's probably really good at doubles at least? not sure how that would be reflected accurately on a pr but i'd vouch that you need singles placings somewhere to be ranked or even on the "maybe" list.

not sure if people would agree with me or not though.

KingAce

Smash Ace
yea.. if theres no pr seed and no pools at goml i dont kno if im even going to bother going. its REALLY tricky to seed it like that if you look at combo breaker then youll see that nate, mdk, ambrose, AND julian were ALL on 1 side of the bracket whereas GK and like no one else was on the other side....

KingAce

Smash Ace
honestly if goml has no pools and it doesnt use the PR... its gonna be SO fail. your going to have so many people complaining because without it, its really just one persons opinion on the brackets. and then theres no point of getting the panelists to seed it because then.. thats just the PR all over again..
bug u need to use this in ur tourny if u decide to do straight brackets or your going to have a LOT of people *****ing

KingNADO

Smash Rookie
honestly if goml has no pools and it doesnt use the PR... its gonna be SO fail. your going to have so many people complaining because without it, its really just one persons opinion on the brackets. and then theres no point of getting the panelists to seed it because then.. thats just the PR all over again..
bug u need to use this in ur tourny if u decide to do straight brackets or your going to have a LOT of people *****ing
bbbbbb bb bb bbbbb bbb bb bb BBB

KingAce

Smash Ace
i doubt its rae lol hes not one to go through the trouble of makin a new email just to troll on the boards...

MDK00

Smash Ace
okay c'mon i have a life. my guess is bug 100%. hes gay like that.

Niko_K

Smash Master
This is either Niko, Kevin, or MDK
Miller you're seriously a ****ing idiot. Like how you put me first. What would be the point in doing that lmfao. Though it was HILARIOUS, I was at the Ottawa Bi weekly and just got in now.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Got 2nd, I went to losers round on purpose to play retlafs yosi *who I 3 stocked with wario* then lost to saus in the finals 3-2

it was lulz anyways, Ganon dittos during the tournament haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom