• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Gta+Niagara Brawl Power Rankings! (last updated 06/28. OMG RLY!?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

J.L

Smash Ace
I lol'd at this. Any of you take Data Management and actually apply any of it to this?
the word statistics is a very general term that could simply mean any collection, analysis, or interpretation of data(tournament results). I dont see why you would "lol" at this unless you were confused of the term. its not like were talking about calculating the coefficient of variation or some other stats formula.

Anyway, we arent going by pure votes. We were trying to reason why MDK thinks he is higher than Ambrose/KingAce, hence my reply to have him list his reasons. Majority of the panelists have made their decision and stated their reasons for them. We are all here right now on this thread trying to list points and reasons for the new shift in the PR. But now that MDK has given up his spot, we can lay the issue to rest.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Don't avoid my points. You don't know what I do and don't like, you can't simplify things like that, there is much more to it.

This may have started out like that, but I am genuinely trying to talk about something here. Why do you think there are arguments that I have read in the past few pages? Because I think you guys are seriously doing something wrong. wtf is this voting business? If this is voting, it's more like a ****ing election than a pr, call it an election.

It boggles my mind, seriously. The way you guys are talking about this, it really doesn't make much sense.

Explain this stuff.

Yeah I don't really care about this anyway, I am more interested in the process you guys are using.
I'm not really avoiding anything, I've gone into detailed discussion about what the process is before quite extensively. So here we go again... basically.....

Panelists analyze tournament results, (who beats who and who's consistent), and contrasts that data with their opinion of the person's general skill level.

They then make a top 10 list, and submit it to me. I then take everyone's lists, and put all the numbers/votes/placings (whatever you want to call them) together into one list.

In the original version after this point I got all the panelists together to discuss that list and state a case for any last minute changes. Even though none of the panelists discussed placement of people beforehand, all of the lists were incredibly similiar, and nobody had any real concerns or disagreements.

In this update I was not able to get everyone together (couldn't find everyone online at the same time) after putting the numbers together and making the final change. So I made the change purely on the numbers.

I hope that clears up any concerns or misconceptions you had.

MDK00

Smash Ace
wolfblade do u still use blue mario (aka lucario). u need to have a poke battle with yuuki aka pokemon master. lol interesting match indeed!!!

Lanowen

BRoomer
BRoomer
the word statistics is a very general term that could simply mean any collection, analysis, or interpretation of data(tournament results). I dont see why you would "lol" at this unless you were confused of the term. its not like were talking about calculating the coefficient of variation or some other stats formula.
It's not that general and is what you stated above, albeit usually numerical in nature, along with the use of mathematical formulae and blah blah but I am sure you know that already.

But now that MDK has given up his spot, we can lay the issue to rest.
It doesn't make things very accurate unless he ends up quitting now does it? lol, just put him on anyway. I would conceive of this list as faulty interpretation of the results otherwise, wouldn't you?

In this update I was not able to get everyone together (couldn't find everyone online at the same time) after putting the numbers together and making the final change. So I made the change purely on the numbers.

I hope that clears up any concerns or misconceptions you had.
So you are saying you rushed and didn't complete the process to the same standard as previously done which probably led to this outburst. ok.

J.L

Smash Ace
I dont have a problem putting him back on, but for now, he feels like he doesnt want anything to do with the PR so let it be.

FatalX

Smash Journeyman
Fatal, I have watched your match against Kingace at Luigi's mansion. It was gay as hell, but u could have done better. Grenade and shield completely shuts down their tornado spam tactic. Otherwise I thought you played pretty well. I can see you doing well in future tournaments. keep it up.
Yeah, of course I gotta learn how to get by it, the thing is it was my first tournament and I really didn't expect it. I expected the players there to be insane and knew every tactic with their character, the last thing I expected was spamming.

Fatal, they got rid of the only Cinnabon in the region Now I'm sad. Come to Niko's and bring Cinnabons please kthx
Dude if I can reach I'll probably bring a box of em lol. But I still haven't been told what Erix's account is so I have no idea how to contact him lol.

Switchblade

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, of course I gotta learn how to get by it, the thing is it was my first tournament and I really didn't expect it. I expected the players there to be insane and knew every tactic with their character, the last thing I expected was spamming.

Dude if I can reach I'll probably bring a box of em lol. But I still haven't been told what Erix's account is so I have no idea how to contact him lol.
his account is worldgem7, but i dont think there's space in the car, seeing as how its his dad driving, him, bug, Gi(iceclimbers5) and me

J.L

Smash Ace
well they continued to spam because it continued to work on you. You cant really blame them for taking advantage of you not knowing how to deal with it.

Wolfblade

Smash Lord
wolfblade do u still use blue mario (aka lucario). u need to have a poke battle with yuuki aka pokemon master. lol interesting match indeed!!!
Dude, I support the entire Pokemon tier. Normal Lucario, Poke Hat Pika, PT, and Fox.

Side note: Jiggs doesn't have a bandanna in brawl so she is garbage and has bin substituted with Fox since he's basically a pokemon with a gun.

Kjdjy

Smash Journeyman
ranking mdk, ambrose and kingace is pretty dumb due to inconsistent tournament results and sets between the three, they're all practically tied for the same spot and they're always beating and outplacing each other

anyway dont quit the whole game over **** like this rae just keep yourself off the PR like so many people did for melee i have $5 to win back from you dammit

pr drama

edit: i know its been delt with already and i probably shouldnt be bringing the drama back again but its absolutely beyond me how any of the panelists could decide to put mdk below kingace after T9 because MDK placed higher than kingace. i dont know how placing 3rd in singles and 2nd in teams is enough to drop someone to fifth place, particularly below someone who placed lower than him.

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
Dude, I support the entire Pokemon tier. Normal Lucario, Poke Hat Pika, PT, and Fox.

Side note: Jiggs doesn't have a bandanna in brawl so she is garbage and has bin substituted with Fox since he's basically a pokemon with a gun.
Poor Jigglypuff. =(

I use the red PT and green Lucario. Pikachu's become too intense for me and I've never been much of a Jigglypuff player. =x

FatalX

Smash Journeyman
Duuuuude, kick one of them out of the car. You are a fellow up and comer and need to be there for a chance at the PR.
First come first serve I guess. It sucks cause I also might miss Bug's tourney as well D=

Bug~

Smash Ace
it will be hard to make a PR based directly on skill. Who is going to determine who has more skill than who? I mean if it was based solely on skill, there would be no metaknights on the PR.
if it was based on skill..i wouldve been on there long time ago.

Wolfblade

Smash Lord
Poor Jigglypuff. =(

I use the red PT and green Lucario. Pikachu's become too intense for me and I've never been much of a Jigglypuff player. =x
Its ok, PNDMike uses Jiggs quite well, saves us the hassle of having to use a character without a bandanna.

SUPPORT THE POKEMON TIER!

And Pika is my second, quick attack cancle is way too fun:p

Totally P.S. You gonna be at SBaN this weekend or at Bug's on the 26th? We must have pokemon battles.

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
Its ok, PNDMike uses Jiggs quite well, saves us the hassle of having to use a character without a bandanna.

SUPPORT THE POKEMON TIER!

And Pika is my second, quick attack cancle is way too fun:p

Totally P.S. You gonna be at SBaN this weekend or at Bug's on the 26th? We must have pokemon battles.
Wish I could go to Niagara, but no way of getting there without spending a lot of money XD I'll be at Bug's though, so we can have our Pokemon battles there. =D

Wolfblade

Smash Lord
Dude, it would be like asking a group of people "Who loves Wolfblade the most?" and they'd all say they do. But they can't all love me that much. One of them has to love me more than anyone else. Sad but true.

MDK00

Smash Ace
lol all i really ment by the skill thing was it shud play sum factor but yah nvm

@steve: im not quittin the game i jus quit the competive scene which jus means tournies. lol if i played in tournies and didnt wanna be the on the PR that wud totally *** things up. then i'd be a real a$$hole lol. btw stop with the pocket change MMs ur makin my pockets heavy. get on da dolla billz tip. u n the boys need to reach my casuals. T9 wus fun (but short) times playin casuals w/ u guys.

lol jus to make sure... kjdjy = steve right?

btw who is the nex panelist?

a nice lil set of matches wud be all the up comers facin each other in a pool. my monies on milllllllar. wolfblade do you honestly have the power to defeat him?!

Miller

Smash Lord
a nice lil set of matches wud be all the up comers facin each other in a pool. my monies on milllllllar. wolfblade do you honestly have the power to defeat him?!
Im deff gunna get on that PR since im going to nikos and sauga

Niko_K

Smash Master
Too bad you've smoked weed so much that you forget how tough the competition is.

CG is banned rofl
loolollol play real chars

Wolfblade

Smash Lord
Yeah I'm gonna use the same tactic I always beat Miller with. It's called owning noobs.

Niko_K

Smash Master
lolol there are none. That was a troll.

Though I would LOVE to ban them, I think miller might return to his emo past.

Percon

Smash Lord
just a thought but as opposed to calling it gta+niagra PR, why not call it the southern ontario PR?

just a thought <_<
Yeah... I was thinking that too. Hopefully it'll get renamed when we give it the thematic makeover.

And Niko, you beat Miller in a set last time with no CGs, why would you want to ban them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom