• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Gta+Niagara Brawl Power Rankings! (last updated 06/28. OMG RLY!?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TestRider

Smash Ace
fyi arguments like this don't help your cause

"I'm SO GOOD but I made a mistake and lost if I didn't make mistakes I'd win" is a horrible argument because while it is true, that can be said for like, oh I don't know... everyone?

It's like, you have a john for every time you lose to someone. Either they're playing gay, you're having a bad day, or you SD, etc. I don't even know how it's possible to SD as Metaknight since you have like 4 jumps and an autosweetspot AND a glide AND your air-dodge doesn't rob you of any of those anymore but who knows people always surprise me.
They probably get too excited spamming their no-startup-no-lag moves and end up Tornado'ing or Shuttle Looping off the edge.

TheDUD

Smash Journeyman
wow...this is gay. I thought Rae had a say in the matter, why is it that he did not get contacted about the PR? I did agree with the changes only considering the fact that Ambrose and JL are always in the Grand Finals of tourneys. But this **** is something else, having four panelists and only three of them vote? Please Nate, is this true? Cause if it is, isn't that wrong?

And if there should be another panelist (which I think there should be slightly more, 2 more shall we say?) it should be Matt. Though preferably, Rae should NOT quit but rather try again and stay panelist to have TWO panelist reping Sauga and two reping Toronto.

EDIT: Again....on my girlfriend's account....so fail once more...

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
^You're getting the wrong idea, Rae was contacted and his vote/decisions were taken down and counted up just like any other panelist's was.

The voting went down like this. I'm not going to say who said what but just show the votes:

Panelist 1:
Ambrose
Kingace
Mdk

Panelist 2:
Mdk
Ambrose
Kingace

Panelist 3:
Ambrose
Kingace
Mdk

Panelist 4:
Ambrose
Kingace
Mdk
(Originally this panelist had Mdk above Kingace, and that would then have them both being tied at number 4, but shortly after they changed their minds and put Kingace above)

When you tabulate those scores it makes sense that the pr came out how it did. I DID NOT ignore Rae.

Also on the panelists note, panelists (for the most part) have to be top players, plus considering the fact that Niagara is included in this pr its not as simple as having two reps each from Toronto and Sauga.

In conclusion: Things have been settled, and I really think people should let this pass, and focus more on the future of things, there now is a totally new open spot at #10 that will be highly competed for, also with that spot open its more possible for someone who is up and coming to debut at a higher spot than that aswell.

Rae made his decision, I dont want this to affect the idea of the PR negatively, and I definetly dont want any bad blood from things.

Niko_K

Smash Master
I think Rae should discuss this on MSN with the rest of the panelists, he made it seem as if his vote meant nothing, but it clearly was just overpowered by the number of other votes. Sounds like you guys are having some communication problems that need to be sorted out. Did KJDJY have a say as well? Every panelist should put in their two cents before the decision is closed.

As of the ranking, if Rae beat Ambrose in the winners bracket (Who won the tournament) as well as placing higher than KingAce, shouldn't you guys reconsider his placing? I mean it would make sense for MDK to be higher.

Then again KingAce has attended more tournaments, including ToS5, which he placed 4th in.

So it IS debatable.

Though this drama is really unnecessary, it's just a PR, MM KingAce if you think you are better than him.

If Rae keeps his decision to quit, which I don't agree with at all, (****it Rae, you should stay /rhyme) I think I could potentially be a valid replacement for him as a panelist, because I've attended pretty much every tournament except for T9 (Since I'm in Ottawa)

Whatever

/Brawl

MDK00

Smash Ace
just to clarify with everyone, my vote was in there but the "unanimous" decision thing did not happen unlike last time. but its all good.

im not sure who kjdjy is but if thats steve he wasnt around for singles so iunno how he cud make a vote. JL and ambrose doin random dittos makes no sense. how can u even declare that person a really winner?

anyways the nex hot topic is who is man enuff to claim their spot on that PR. fight like animals and claim ur title boys!

some1 needs to become my apprentice and defeat ambrose for MDK's vengence. lol i watch too much anime wordddd

FatalX

Smash Journeyman
I know your pain MDK man, it's a shame we don't have a list based on skill.
If there was, dibs on best Wolf.

Ugh I want that 10th spot, but SBaN is about 2 hours away and my dad would snap if I even asked him to drive me. Why must I still be 15 D=

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
^I don't want to exactly volunteer Erix to help you out, but if Erix is going (he probably is) he usually helps people out to these kinds of things.

LOL Also is the giant text really necessary?

And Rae I totally thought that was anime type stuff too as soon as I read it.

Edit: Yes Fatal, yes it was hahaha.
On my screen its a lot bigger, interesting.

FatalX

Smash Journeyman
^I don't want to exactly volunteer Erix to help you out, but if Erix is going (he probably is) he usually helps people out to these kinds of things.

LOL Also is the giant text really necessary?

And Rae I totally thought that was anime type stuff too as soon as I read it.
Dude was that directed at me?

Plus this font isn't giant, at least not on my screen lol.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Ugh I want that 10th spot, but SBaN is about 2 hours away and my dad would snap if I even asked him to drive me. Why must I still be 15 D=[/font][/size][/b][/i]
Age johns? I'm 16 and bussed 8 hours to sleep in a tent in a field.

Though, your parents probably care about you.

Mikey7

Smash Lord
just to clarify with everyone, my vote was in there but the "unanimous" decision thing did not happen unlike last time. but its all good.

im not sure who kjdjy is but if thats steve he wasnt around for singles so iunno how he cud make a vote. JL and ambrose doin random dittos makes no sense. how can u even declare that person a really winner?

anyways the nex hot topic is who is man enuff to claim their spot on that PR. fight like animals and claim ur title boys!

some1 needs to become my apprentice and defeat ambrose for MDK's vengence. lol i watch too much anime wordddd
I'll do it if he plays a chaingrabbable (is that a word?) character lol : P, if not then just forget about it lol.

Also...alot of people find this strange but I never actually tried to sit down and watch anime seriously.

FatalX

Smash Journeyman
Age johns? I'm 16 and bussed 8 hours to sleep in a tent in a field.

Though, your parents probably care about you.
Rofl yeah what can i say, my parents are pretty soft and protective. They would never let me bus that far because they'd get all worried, plus I'd probably get lost, was never good with directions lol. I tell them I can use the GPS but they'd probably say something like "It's just a game, why do you care so much, it's not worth it."
They've never accepted how I'm a core gamer lol.

Hmm well it seems like a lot of trouble for Erix, but I'll contact him, if he lives close then maybe I can reach the tourney. Hopefully. I think I'm the only one from Markham on this place lol.

pyrnight

Smash Journeyman
FatalX, if you told your parents you stole an 80 gig ipod from school, would they buy it off you, all the while knowing that the ipod money is going to be spend immediately on sushi/weed?

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Ugh I want that 10th spot, but SBaN is about 2 hours away and my dad would snap if I even asked him to drive me. Why must I still be 15 D=

Rofl yeah what can i say, my parents are pretty soft and protective. They would never let me bus that far because they'd get all worried, plus I'd probably get lost, was never good with directions lol. I tell them I can use the GPS but they'd probably say something like "It's just a game, why do you care so much, it's not worth it."
They've never accepted how I'm a core gamer lol.
[/font][/size][/b][/i]
Are we long lost twin brothers? :laugh:

Same age, same type of parents. You don't know how many times I've heard "It's just a game, why do you care so much" in my house :p

FatalX

Smash Journeyman
FatalX, if you told your parents you stole an 80 gig ipod from school, would they buy it off you, all the while knowing that the ipod money is going to be spend immediately on sushi/weed?
LOL what question.

Hmm no, they probably wouldn't even know how to use an iPod lol, my mom struggles so hard with her MP3. They'd probably tell me to go sell it to a friend, or something.
They wouldn't know or care what I spend the money on, my parents assume everything I buy is either a cinnabon or a game. Cinnabons are fckin good ****. But hell, knowing me I would only steal it from someone who boils my piss, and probably destroy it in front of them for lulz.

J.L

Smash Ace
it will be hard to make a PR based directly on skill. Who is going to determine who has more skill than who? I mean if it was based solely on skill, there would be no metaknights on the PR.

FatalX

Smash Journeyman
it will be hard to make a PR based directly on skill. Who is going to determine who has more skill than who? I mean if it was based solely on skill, there would be no metaknights on the PR.
I lol'd.

Well skill can be measured by the players who play on only the most neutral stages, and don't pick counterstages *cough* Weegee's Mansion *cough* that screw their opponent up. Skilled players would also use a variety of their moves, many tricks and mindgames, and there would be little to no staleness in any attack.
But yeah it'd be pretty hard.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
^Hahahahaha.

Fatal+Anthony: Markham actually isn't too bad a spot, you guys are pretty close to JL/Ambrose/Raynex, and Erix lives in Scarborough so.....

Also, I'm not trying to speak for Erix, but I know his track record of helping people with rides, and iirc he's made a post before saying something like " I have no problem at all with helping giving people drives" so I doubt its a problem for him.

Edit: I was the first person taking everybody to Luigi's Mansion as Metaknight so don't hate lol. Also I went 3 different characters as well.
Also, the ability to understand counterpicks and use them effectively is a priceless skill in this game.

J.L

Smash Ace
Skill to be determined on neutral stages?

skill involves strategic thinking, mind games, adaptation. If you only perform well on neutral stages, I would say your skill is limited.

FatalX

Smash Journeyman
^Hahahahaha.

Fatal+Anthony: Markham actually isn't too bad a spot, you guys are pretty close to JL/Ambrose/Raynex, and Erix lives in Scarborough so.....

Also, I'm not trying to speak for Erix, but I know his track record of helping people with rides, and iirc he's made a post before saying something like " I have no problem at all with helping giving people drives" so I doubt its a problem for him.

Edit: I was the first person taking everybody to Luigi's Mansion as Metaknight so don't hate lol. Also I went 3 different characters as well.
Also, the ability to understand counterpicks and use them effectively is a priceless skill in this game.
Hey I'm not saying you don't have skill lol, your Falco gave me hell lol, **** lasers. I don't even know how to shoot them lagless like you do lol.

I still hate how one can work so hard to master every move and tactic in the game, and can still be beaten by someone just mashing a single button :/ That's Brawl for you.

Plus, yes it takes skill to be able to play well on all stages, however most counterpick stages are intended to give the one choosing it a large advantage. So, rather the stage is helping you win. But that's just my opinion. Myself I always CP neutral stages, I don't know why, I just don't like to have stage advantages and prefer to see who would truly win between me and my opponent on a neutral stage. I like to test my skills, losing only means I can improve. I want my opponent at their best when I face them, I want a tough challenge. But, again, that's just me. Guess I haven't adjusted yet to thinking like how someone in a Tourney should, Play To Win haha.

Honestly, all of my matches are online, everyone I know IRL sucks and is a waste of my time lol. I have about 4000 matches Online, I register on a bunch of ladders.

Hmm, what is Erix's account here?

J.L

Smash Ace
Fatal, I have watched your match against Kingace at Luigi's mansion. It was gay as hell, but u could have done better. Grenade and shield completely shuts down their tornado spam tactic. Otherwise I thought you played pretty well. I can see you doing well in future tournaments. keep it up.

KingAce

Smash Ace
yea fatal sry if you got pissed at me spamming nado on that but hey everyonse gotta learn to deal with it eventually :p

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Fatal: Try using shine to break the tornado as the person comes in. I don't play Wolf myself, but a Wolf player once did this to me and I had to switch to using other things.

Also I'm just going to adress this whole "Tornado is sooo gay" movement thats popped up recently since Me, Ambrose and JL have learned soo much about it recently. (You all know who we have to thank for this lol)

Guess what guys, its a really good move. Accept it, and learn to work around it. Stop running into it as if it followed the same rules that every other move in the game does. Cause guess what?
Tornado has its own ****ing rules, just like the Shine did in melee.

The key with tornado is that if you play your cards correctly, you make take damage from it but you can make the punishment that you deal back much greater than what you took. (See Ambrose's GaW or JL's Wario).
The other way around it is if you have moves that can cut through it if timed/spaced correctly (I almost allways do this as MK, and I've seen Percon's Snake pass blow tornado away like a light breeze with u tilt.), or if you can hit MK with a light projectile while they are tapping B they will allmost allways drillrush upon being broken out.... so then you punish that. (Falco anybody?)

If you guys dont stop complaining and start thinking you're never going to get around things.

KingAce

Smash Ace
Nate, Ambrose, Julian, Bug, Rae, Percon are the 6 people that come to my head right now that all know how to get by tornado so I dont even bother pressing the b button unless its completely open for me to do so... so yea it might be REALLY hard to find a way around it, and the move itself is probably the most broken move in the game as it can be used for recovery too but yea theres still a lot of options to beat it

Lanowen

BRoomer
BRoomer
The PR is only a bunch of statistics based on tournament results and occasionally other occurances.
I lol'd at this. Any of you take Data Management and actually apply any of it to this?

And I am pretty sure power ranking do not reflect skill dunno why people are saything that ****, if you guys are trying that u r do'n it worng. Some people can be ****ty *** and get spot because they play the system that makes then WIN somehow.

It should reflect performance, like you are saying on the front, like, I am wondering how Jake is still on that ****, he missed two tournaments.

And wtf is this voting ****, who thought that up? VOTES?! ****ing laughoutloud.

EDIT: I didn't mean for there to be that many stars, I was just talking normally.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
We get it Andy, you dont like brawl and you like being negative. Especially about things that have to do with myself.
Give it a rest already. Its not doing anybody any good.

Also, considering the majority of people missed Tos5, and all the Niagara players missed T9... Jake hasn't missed anything really.

Lanowen

BRoomer
BRoomer
We get it Andy, you dont like brawl and you like being negative. Especially about things that have to do with myself.
Give it a rest already. Its not doing anybody any good.
Don't avoid my points. You don't know what I do and don't like, you can't simplify things like that, there is much more to it.

This may have started out like that, but I am genuinely trying to talk about something here. Why do you think there are arguments that I have read in the past few pages? Because I think you guys are seriously doing something wrong. wtf is this voting business? If this is voting, it's more like a ****ing election than a pr, call it an election.

It boggles my mind, seriously. The way you guys are talking about this, it really doesn't make much sense.

Explain this stuff.

Also, considering the majority of people missed Tos5, and all the Niagara players missed T9... Jake hasn't missed anything really.
Yeah I don't really care about this anyway, I am more interested in the process you guys are using.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom