• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Gta+Niagara Brawl Power Rankings! (last updated 06/28. OMG RLY!?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FatalX

Smash Journeyman
^ Yes you should

I wanna know what happened T_T
Well I left the second time I lost, but IIRC, JL beat MDK, Kingace beat Minus, and right when I left Kingace and Ambrose were in their final match for the losers bracket.

I think I'm 5th-7th overall in T9, not sure.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Attention: I'm going to need some panelist input for the T9 updates after the brackets are posted.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Updated!!!

For themes I'll probably get that done soon enough but I know nothing of linking pictures so someone is gonna have to show me that stuffs....

Also I'd just like to remind everyone that PR changes and updates are based on the combining and contrasting of the seperate lists of the panelists. Also steve was left out on this update but it does no harm considering the changes aren't very large.

Gichan

Smash Champion
What the **** is that, Danny should be upcoming not Fatal (no offense to you man) but Danny placed 5th AND he beat Bug. he deserves that spot more than fatal.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
To be honest, I really did consider him, I just didn't get anyone nominating him for up and coming unlike the count of 2 for Fatal.
Because the up and coming list is a little different from the actual pr spots, he definetly could be added if another panelist talked to me and vouched for him (I've never played him myself so....)

Lanowen

BRoomer
BRoomer
What the **** is that, Danny should be upcoming not Fatal (no offense to you man) but Danny placed 5th AND he beat Bug. he deserves that spot more than fatal.
To be honest, I really did consider him, I just didn't get anyone nominating him for up and coming unlike the count of 2 for Fatal.
Because the up and coming list is a little different from the actual pr spots, he definetly could be added if another panelist talked to me and vouched for him (I've never played him myself so....)
To be honest, that is pretty sad.

MDK00

Smash Ace
wow u guys think kingnado AND ambrose is better then me? u have got to be ef'in kiddin me. some1 tell me that wus a mistake or take me off this PR judge list. u guys clearly do not noe skill when u see it. i come 3rd in singles and 2 in dbls and i end up going DOWN 2 spots.

f*uck this ****.

J.L

Smash Ace
MDK- please list your reasons for being higher than KingAce. This includes tournament results, even the ones in Sauga.

Also, list your reasons for being higher than Ambrose. Include your ratio of wins and losses in tournaments with him as well as overall tournament performance.

Niko_K

Smash Master
I have to agree with MDK. He did beat ambrose in his first set at T9 along with placing 3rd overall, and placing 2nd in doubles. How did you guys come up with the decision to bump him down two spots? If anything it should be

JL, Percon, Ambrose, MDK.

Even though we all know this isn't entirely accurate /tier johns

J.L

Smash Ace
Well, i never really wanted to bring this up, but putting MDK above Kingace in the first place was an overlook. King Ace should have been above MDK since he pretty much beats MDK in every tournament set up to date.

Correct me if Im wrong.

Also its not bumping MDK down. Its more like bumping Ambrose up for his 1st place at T9, and putting KingAce where he rightfully belonged to begin with.

You might think its unfair MDK, but I am going strictly with tournament matches and results. If you can provide me with the results, i have no problem putting you above anyone else.

Simple as that.

FatalX

Smash Journeyman
Well hey, it also depends on the skill that was displayed there. Danny may have made it farther than me, but you should have seen his battle with Bug. I'm not saying Danny isn't good, but he got too, TOO lucky that match, I really do think Bug should have won it. Some really messed up stuff just happened to Bug, just ask him. Also, when I was facing Minus, Danny was facing Boxer. Minus is obviously the tougher opponent, so I was eliminated sooner.

And really, I think I should have made it farther, but it was my first tournament so I didn't know what to expect and got screwed over by counterpicks and Whorenado. Well what can ya do.

Thanks a lot for the inclusion on the up and coming list, I really appreciate it guys =D

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
wow u guys think kingnado AND ambrose is better then me? u have got to be ef'in kiddin me. some1 tell me that wus a mistake or take me off this PR judge list. u guys clearly do not noe skill when u see it. i come 3rd in singles and 2 in dbls and i end up going DOWN 2 spots.

f*uck this ****.
As Julian said the first pr got put together before you played Kingace at the tournament in Niagra, after the tournament some people already thought of changing their choices to have kingace as 3rd but it was too late then. You and Kingace were actually going to tie for 4th place, but in the end a panelist changed their mind putting Kingace higher.

Also as I mentioned way back the votes and positions from #3 - #6 were so close the first time around that seeing changes like this isn't that out of the blue. If you disagree with other people's decisions you can't hold it personally against them.

Wolfblade

Smash Lord

f*uck this ****.
Don't worry MDK, next time we fight I'll be sure to own you so I can get on that PR:chuckle:

You better be coming to the next SBaN dude, cause our fights are quite awesome, and we need to have a real rematch (even if the Skyworld MM was hysterical).

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
I don't play Brawl, but I think I should have a say in this update since I don't agree with it.

MDK knocked Ambrose out of winners
Ambrose knocked MDK out of losers.

MDK placed in 3rd, and 2nd in doubles (even though I don't agree with using doubles in individual PR, that's a whole other issue)

Ambrose did well, I admit both in singles and in doubles, but I feel that he should not have been bumped higher than 4th.

IMO the PR should look like this:

J.L
Percon
MDK
Ambrose
KingAce

the rest is whatever.

As for U&C list its not really important. Those names are kinda like a motivator to do better. Danny knows how good he is, and this won't affect him doing well in the future. Bug's tournament is coming up so he'll prove himself there.

Consistency should be a huge factor in moving people up or down in the PR. Nate, you should know this, you have the experience from the Melee PR.

Bug~

Smash Ace
The only reason I feel rae shouldnt of moved spots is because he beat ambrose and lost to ambrose so that should cancel eachother out right?

ace didnt beat anyone on the PR i believe.

In my opinion this is my list.

1. JL
2. Percon
3. MDK
4. Ambrose
5. KingAce

Honestly man..I wouldnt want to be on the PR or up and coming cause I would just keep getting screwed over by anything and embarassing myself by moving up and down, whethere its the stage or anything else, i will always get fvcked over.

even if i do well in one tourney, ill get fvcked over at another..you guys dont understand, this isnt a one time thing..ive been getting horrible luck all my life..i dont win anything at all and if im about to, theres always something to stop me even if its a 0.01% chance.

Fatal..beating me isnt a accomplishment..all you need to do is pick a stage with gimps and attacks and you have a 75% more chance of beating me..as simple as that.

I practice sometimes and I question myself if I should be practicing especially cause you cant practice luck.

I didnt expect rae to go as far as he did, he does not deserve to lose his #3 spot and ambrose beating JL shouldnt count cause clearly they both werent trying and ambrose only won 1 set AND they ended up splitting anyways we all know that.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
I don't play Brawl, but I think I should have a say in this update since I don't agree with it.

MDK knocked Ambrose out of winners
Ambrose knocked MDK out of losers.

MDK placed in 3rd, and 2nd in doubles (even though I don't agree with using doubles in individual PR, that's a whole other issue)

Ambrose did well, I admit both in singles and in doubles, but I feel that he should not have been bumped higher than 4th.

IMO the PR should look like this:

J.L
Percon
MDK
Ambrose
KingAce

the rest is whatever.

As for U&C list its not really important. Those names are kinda like a motivator to do better. Danny knows how good he is, and this won't affect him doing well in the future. Bug's tournament is coming up so he'll prove himself there.

Consistency should be a huge factor in moving people up or down in the PR. Nate, you should know this, you have the experience from the Melee PR.
Adnan dont be stupid, you don't actually understand the situation with those spots on the pr. If you knew how close the votes originally for the first PR were between Mdk Kingace and Ambrose originally you'de understand a little better (Inbetween us deciding the pr and me actually posting it 3 panelists changed their minds about Kingace being below Mdk but I left it as it was because that wouldn't be fair to Rae).

And if we go with overall consistency vs recent performance than both Kingace and MDK would be lower seeing as they didn't start placing in tournaments untill more recently than the other people on the PR.
We count everything, but there is allways an larger emphasis on the most recent results vs older ones.

Also, the pr change was done democratically with a combination of the 4 seperate panelists decisions (Me, Percon, Mdk and JL) so don't say "Nate you should know better" cause it insults my integrity and makes you look like you dont know what you're talking about.

J.L

Smash Ace
the issue that still remains is that KingAce has beaten MDK in every tournament set. Sure you may think MDK has more "skill" cuz he doesnt spam tornado as much, but we all know that in the world of competitive play, "gayness" = "skill". You have to keep the "whatever it takes to win" mentality, and stop blaming spam/brokenness/god tier factors for loses.

Anyway, the PR isnt written in stone, so if we(panelists) hear good enough reasons, then we will change it immediately. So far i still think KingAce should be higher than MDK. the only debate for me is if we should move Ambrose as high as he did based on only 1 tournament.

anyway we have next week's tourny to decide alot of things. I wouldnt worry too much about it guys.

KingAce

Smash Ace
Ok bug your mistaken... lets see at Sb@n5 I came 5th MDK came 9th
I placed higher than ambrose at Sb@n6 AND Beat ambrose in a set 2-0, and MDK in the set that day 2-0, 3-0 and came 2nd
At matts I faced MDK TWICE and the set counts were 3-0 and 3-1
I beat nate 2-0 at T9

Ambrose has placed slightly higher in tournies and he beat me 2-0, i beat him 2-0 so we are pretty much even

I placed higher than MDK at Matts, SB@N5 and SB@N6. on top of that MDK has never beaten me ina tourny set so get your facts straight
Yet you say I havent beaten anyone on the PR.... wow

EDIT: 3,4,5 and 6 were all really close man but give me a good reason as to why i should be behind MDK? This is the first tourny out of the past 4 big ones that he has placed higher than me. Also, since doubles count as well Ambrose is 3rd because him and JL have been in grand finals at EVERY tourny since combo breaker. And I have faced them in grand finals of doubles EVERY tourny since SB@N5 with either Percon or MDK or Bug.... At the same time though, MDK has beaten ambrose in more sets when they face eachother directly so i dont know its really close... also rae nothing against you im just pointing out the facts

MDK00

Smash Ace
i beat ambrose at combobreaker
i lost to ambrose at 1st niagara due to SD (OTHERWISE WE ALLL KNO I WUD HAVE WON)
i cant remember if i played ambrose at 2nd niagara
and cuz u guys are gay and count dbls, me and kingace whooped ur ***** in grand finals of dbls
i have only faced kingace once as far as i remember and thats when he kicked my *** at 2nd niagara?
and since wen do small bi weeklies where NO PR PANELSISTS ASIDE FROM MYSELF (refering to matts) count towards PR!?!? WHAT THE F*UCK
and can some plz fu*ckin tell me why i am a panelist and i heard NONE OF THESE VOTES, WHAT THE FU*CK

but u noe what man in the end im pretty tired of dis ish. i sed b4 i wus gunna quit, had some words of encouragement make me stick around but this time im finished.

if u guys think tourny results only determine this kinds of things then our perception of "skill" is far different.

please take me off the PR list and panelist. plz put some1 like kingnado or ambrose, because they are clearly better then me and have more "skill"

lol just when u think there is nothing gayer then david or trippin in brawl... i saw this... the most ******** PR list i ever saw

hopefully i'll see u boys at casuals otherwise have fun at ur tournies.

~ MDK da Villain OUT!

Wolfblade

Smash Lord
i beat ambrose at combobreaker
i lost to ambrose at 1st niagara due to SD (OTHERWISE WE ALLL KNO I WUD HAVE WON)
i cant remember if i played ambrose at 2nd niagara
and cuz u guys are gay and count dbls, me and kingace whooped ur ***** in grand finals of dbls
i have only faced kingace once as far as i remember and thats when he kicked my *** at 2nd niagara?
and since wen do small bi weeklies where NO PR PANELSISTS ASIDE FROM MYSELF (refering to matts) count towards PR!?!? WHAT THE F*UCK
and can some plz fu*ckin tell me why i am a panelist and i heard NONE OF THESE VOTES, WHAT THE FU*CK

but u noe what man in the end im pretty tired of dis ish. i sed b4 i wus gunna quit, had some words of encouragement make me stick around but this time im finished.

if u guys think tourny results only determine this kinds of things then our perception of "skill" is far different.

please take me off the PR list and panelist. plz put some1 like kingnado or ambrose, because they are clearly better then me and have more "skill"

lol just when u think there is nothing gayer then david or trippin in brawl... i saw this... the most ******** PR list i ever saw

hopefully i'll see u boys at casuals otherwise have fun at ur tournies.

~ MDK da Villain OUT!
DUUUUDE! Don't you dare! Not before we have a proper rematch!

J.L

Smash Ace
The PR is only a bunch of statistics based on tournament results and occasionally other occurances. I obviously know you are good Rae, and everyone here knows it. Im just trying to tell you that the PR should be based on actual tournament results only. You arent the only one who can say " I could have won if I didnt SD, or if I didnt get gimped by the stage". I have SD'ed alot myself and so have others. But its hard to keep track all of the johns(no offense) and take that into consideration, which is why we base the PR strictly based on tournament results.

Dont look at the PR # to determine skill. Im sure alot of ppl would be more relieved to fight me than Percon in many cases, but hes only #2, and im #1. Your spot on the PR is nothing but how well you did overall in the tournament and against other players. It wont stop you from beating them and rising above them so please dont take this tentative PR too seriously. It is constantly changing.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
You can't please everyone all the time.

Rae if you want to see the way the votes came out I'll show it to you.

If you're going to make that big of a deal about dropping below two people who you were only slightly above in the first place then you dont have the maturity for this kind of thing at all.
Did you see Kingace make a big deal about being below you on the first version of the PR? No.
Do you see anyone else trying to make a big deal out of their positioning? No.

If one person is going to make a big deal about something and quit if they dont get their way then how are we supposed to run this?

This is not the everyone vs Rae club so if you're going to make it seem like it is and you want out than post and tell me you're absolutely sure about it.

As for the 'old as time' doubles arguement:

It doesn't count even close to as much as singles does, and doubles is mostly just used as a last check for how good someone has been placing. If two people have almost identical singles results but one of them allways does amazing in doubles while the other doesn't, who do you think the better player is? (No team partner johns too I've had a different team partner almost every tournament and still allways place).
If you're truly as good as you deserve credit for then chances are you will also do pretty well in doubles.

As for people trying to not count it at all: Jesus people, there are only 2 events which are run at tournaments, play both of them. Some PR's even count crews as well ( but I definetly think thats going too far)

MDK00

Smash Ace
no i dont want to see the votes, whats the point obvious my ish dont count anyways. hurray for so called "unanimous" decision.

please define panelist. because in my books a panelist is a synonym for judge. if all we do is take stats and results then anybody can do this. why have 5 people doing a 1 man job? what happened to watching how players play and judging their skill ALONG with results?!

if you want to go by results only why not do ranbats instead? simply give pts according to where you place. 1st = 10 2nd = 7 3rd = 5 etc... that there are no compliant no issues.

but srsly minus i'd really appreciate it if you removed my name from the panelists and the PR today please n thank u.

@wolfblade: i told lbot i'd house him for bugs tourny. if u need housin gimme a shout. we can play at my place (considerin one of u dudes brings a wii and brawl)

Wolfblade

Smash Lord
no i dont want to see the votes, whats the point obvious my ish dont count anyways. hurray for so called "unanimous" decision.

please define panelist. because in my books a panelist is a synonym for judge. if all we do is take stats and results then anybody can do this. why have 5 people doing a 1 man job? what happened to watching how players play and judging their skill ALONG with results?!

if you want to go by results only why not do ranbats instead? simply give pts according to where you place. 1st = 10 2nd = 7 3rd = 5 etc... that there are no compliant no issues.

but srsly minus i'd really appreciate it if you removed my name from the panelists and the PR today please n thank u.

@wolfblade: i told lbot i'd house him for bugs tourny. if u need housin gimme a shout. we can play at my place (considerin one of u dudes brings a wii and brawl)
I appreciate the offer, it makes me feel all warm and cuddly inside ^^

I'll head back home after the tourney though, but I may stop by for a match or two if you don't go to Bug's. Are you gonna be there or not? It would totally save me the hassle of hunting yer house down.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Ok done.
I'm going to need someone to fill that spot on the panelists list. I'm pretty sure already who I'm going to talk to about it.
The tenth spot is now open! The Niagara tournament will decide it.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
fyi arguments like this don't help your cause

"I'm SO GOOD but I made a mistake and lost if I didn't make mistakes I'd win" is a horrible argument because while it is true, that can be said for like, oh I don't know... everyone?

It's like, you have a john for every time you lose to someone. Either they're playing gay, you're having a bad day, or you SD, etc. I don't even know how it's possible to SD as Metaknight since you have like 4 jumps and an autosweetspot AND a glide AND your air-dodge doesn't rob you of any of those anymore but who knows people always surprise me.

MDK00

Smash Ace
I appreciate the offer, it makes me feel all warm and cuddly inside ^^

I'll head back home after the tourney though, but I may stop by for a match or two if you don't go to Bug's. Are you gonna be there or not? It would totally save me the hassle of hunting yer house down.
lol no homo
naww i wont be there. although if some big names actually come, i wont miss a chance to get a get a nice lil MM with one of those foos, but i definitely wont enter da tourny

EDIT:
Urgent news: KirbyKaze is gay then Metaknight doing this... http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=PdmwKfPchms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom