• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Gta+Niagara Brawl Power Rankings! (last updated 06/28. OMG RLY!?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Hey man there is no "should be" you either are or you're not. The PR is based on your tournament accomplishments, you've either gotten stuff done or you haven't. Hell there could be someone who you beat 100% of the time, but if he goes out and accomplishes more vs everyone in general then he will be higher than you and rightfully so.

Bug~

Smash Ace
i know ..but i hope the ottawa tourney is going to be counted on the gta PR since it aint in the GTA/niagara

Percon

Smash Lord
Well, it's a pretty big tournament, so it's probably going to be counter. Shouldn't change much, though, as pretty much the top 5 on the PR are going (minus [not the player :p] MDK), so all it should do is shift the top around a bit.

KingAce

Smash Ace
Ummm from what i kno if like say ambrose beats me in a set at ottawa, and im 4th and hes 5th right now and its really close too so if he does then it will shift ambrose to 4th and me to 5th, or if percon beats jl then percon moves ahead of him.

D

Deleted member

From past experiences the Ottawa tournament will really only matter if say Nate goes and wins the entire thing. That shows a lot. Also, if Nate were to beat Julian in a set, that would count between them and only them, but that in turn might reflect the rankings a little in Nate's favour.

Not that Nate would win, so don't go foolin yo'selves.

Wolfblade

Smash Lord
very true lawlz.

wut if i beat JL on a constant basis does that make me #1?
No it'll make you #2 since I'll beat you on a constant basis:chuckle:

To everyone: There has bin a serious lack of smack talking and it needs to be amped up for ToS tomorrow.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Julian's transfer to the dark side was because of his tournament loss against me ;) He got angryyy lawl

worldjem7

Smash Ace
I found something totally awesome that will make Meta Knight even gayer than he already is...

Stay tuned for details :D

worldjem7

Smash Ace
lol no It's not side-B off the stage although that is a half-decent edge-guarding move that's scarcely used.

The real secret has to do with my game vs Miller at Niagara's latest.

You remember this?

at about :43-:45 I do something really cool with Up-B and the platform. Up-B -> insta-drop -> Dair

I figured out how to do that and I figured out how to abuse it.

At the end of MK's Up-B before he goes into a glide he has SJR related frames so that if he lands on something at that time it acts like SJR but, you can do ANYTHING out of it. Drop through platform (if you're on one), jump, d-smash, B, up-B again, anything.

What I found knowing this is that on places like Battlefield, or other stages with a platform at that level, you can do TRIPLE Up-B with ZERO lag. Ex: On Battlefield Drop slightly underneath the stage Up-B there will be SJR frames when you touch the ground. At this point you can do ANYTHING including Up-B so you do it again. Right after that up-B you hit the platform and it gives you MORE SJR frames that allows you to Up-B AGAIN.

This allows for a very extensive mix-up game for MK because he has EVERY option to work for him in whatever situation he's in. Not only that but, this also works as an effective edgeguarding/return-to-stage tactic. And because if MK does this he never needs to grab the ledge so he can't be edgehogged in that sense.

You can also do like I did in the video infinitely and after you drop through the platform you can do ANY aerial or special out of it.

So that's the jist of it, I'll let you guys wander on your own for specifics. Happy ****** :D

MDK00

Smash Ace
lol no It's not side-B off the stage although that is a half-decent edge-guarding move that's scarcely used.

The real secret has to do with my game vs Miller at Niagara's latest.

You remember this?

at about :43-:45 I do something really cool with Up-B and the platform. Up-B -> insta-drop -> Dair

I figured out how to do that and I figured out how to abuse it.

At the end of MK's Up-B before he goes into a glide he has SJR related frames so that if he lands on something at that time it acts like SJR but, you can do ANYTHING out of it. Drop through platform (if you're on one), jump, d-smash, B, up-B again, anything.

What I found knowing this is that on places like Battlefield, or other stages with a platform at that level, you can do TRIPLE Up-B with ZERO lag. Ex: On Battlefield Drop slightly underneath the stage Up-B there will be SJR frames when you touch the ground. At this point you can do ANYTHING including Up-B so you do it again. Right after that up-B you hit the platform and it gives you MORE SJR frames that allows you to Up-B AGAIN.

This allows for a very extensive mix-up game for MK because he has EVERY option to work for him in whatever situation he's in. Not only that but, this also works as an effective edgeguarding/return-to-stage tactic. And because if MK does this he never needs to grab the ledge so he can't be edgehogged in that sense.

You can also do like I did in the video infinitely and after you drop through the platform you can do ANY aerial or special out of it.

So that's the jist of it, I'll let you guys wander on your own for specifics. Happy ****** :D
this is not a viable tactic by MDK's MK standards... (refering to the shuttle loop spammage)
just my opinion tho, i need viable proof just like when ambrose proved the stupid shuttle rush to actually work...

good find but this has been known to the MK boards for some time now.

worldjem7

Smash Ace
Has it? I don't check MK boards so I wouldn't know but, I'd be happy to show you what I mean.

Out of curiosity, you got a link?

MDK00

Smash Ace
Has it? I don't check MK boards so I wouldn't know but, I'd be happy to show you what I mean.

Out of curiosity, you got a link?
i have a more then clear idea of what it is. unfortunately im too lazy to dig thru the MK forums. but by all means do wut u do it in a match. although i dont approve of MK spamming any b-moves...

Switchblade

Smash Journeyman
i have a more then clear idea of what it is. unfortunately im too lazy to dig thru the MK forums. but by all means do wut u do it in a match. although i dont approve of MK spamming any b-moves...
i say: if you can spam it, it works, and get away with it, why not =S?

MDK00

Smash Ace
just my opinion tho.
bolded for emphasis.

i've mention before to some ppl that... the top players already realize that while MK is loopin durin the shuttle loop, he is vulnerable. i agree the move is fast but if u spam it how hard can it be to really time urself to punish it. lol. JL and ambrose punish it on reaction sometimes, its scary.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
For anyone wondering, the next update will be after T9, (and of course again after the Niagara tournament and Bug's tournament)

Niko_K

Smash Master
So wait, T9 is going to count towards the PR? ...Maybe Ill cancel my Ottawa trip to come...

KingAce

Smash Ace
lol your gonna pay another $120 to goto ottawa again? :S
come to T9, it is going to count towards the PR for sure as sauga, toronto and im assuming CoS are all going

Niko_K

Smash Master
lol your gonna pay another $120 to goto ottawa again? :S
come to T9, it is going to count towards the PR for sure as sauga, toronto and im assuming CoS are all going
Actually I lucked out HUGE, I found a wallet with exactly 125 dollars in it on the bus ride home. Completely negating the fare I paid to go for ToS5. This time I could stay for longer and it's my friends Andree's bday party.

Why did T9 grow so big? :p

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Well, considering pretty much all of the people in the middle of the pr (whom all happen to be quite close in skill) are going to be going and competing against each other. Yes T9 will affect the PR.

MDK00

Smash Ace
lol maybe u guys arent familiar with T9 but it is canadas largest gaming tournament next. but i can see why u guys wouldnt care much for it since its really orientated around 2D fighters.

i think smash bros in general needs to really step up and rep its self at T9. im sure if i can find the goodness in smash bros im sure u can enlighten others as well.

i think the real issue is that attends T-tournaments are ignorant and because smash bros is not your "traditional fighter" they dont recognize it as a "skill worthy" or "competitive" game. *cough*me1yrago*cough*

ignorant ppl are really just "misinformed" ppl. so we need to inform these foos jus how great the game is.

last year at T8 i saw the melee crowd all huddled up to themselves keeping their excite among themselves and whatnot. they jus seem so separated compared to games like ST or 3S where even if u werent playin the game u felt like u were apart of the hype. these barriers need to come down, in my opinion (this was bolded for emphasis). lol even on the 1st sunday casual at my place where i had brawlers and other gamerz together in 1 room i really felt the gap between the two groups. ppl from 3rd strike community are well tied up w/ the guilty gear scene and even the mvs2 scene. it shud be no different for brawl and melee scenes alike.

im not tryin to say "hey man dont only play brawl, learn a new game" (although its good to be open minded, there are so many benefits to this its remarkable)

T9 is gunna be huge, dont miss out. i'll will be there reppin every game i play, includin brawl, with a god d@mn smile on my face and pure hype. (lol u wudnt believe the amount of ppl who were shocked when i picked up brawl as one of my games lawlz, the maddness)

Niko_K

Smash Master
I doubt I'm going to be making it this time around. Already made plans to head back out to Ottawa. I'll brawl it up with IvanEva and Saus and wish you guys the best of luck.

Just can't ditch out on this bday party either ;)

MDK00

Smash Ace
I doubt I'm going to be making it this time around. Already made plans to head back out to Ottawa. I'll brawl it up with IvanEva and Saus and wish you guys the best of luck.

Just can't ditch out on this bday party either ;)
lol do yo thang nikoK... do yo thaaaang lol.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Ya it's quite ridiculous. ITG really gained me popularity so meeting people wasn't too much of a challenge. Ill see you guys at my house and then at Bugs.

Watch out.

FatalX

Smash Journeyman
Minus and Kingace are both within the top 10?

Nice, I had some pretty good battles with them at T9, but Luigi's Mansion FTL ;/

Lol I never even knew that GTA was this competitive, I should reach a lot more tourneys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom