• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Gta+Niagara Brawl Power Rankings! (last updated 06/28. OMG RLY!?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

J.L

Smash Ace
ahha Niagra ppl didnt get their home field advantage so they sucked ***...

wouldnt wanna imagine how they would do in the states :S

lol jk

Wolfblade

Smash Lord
And he ***** everyone else.
Hey, me and Jason went two to two in our pools Pokemon battle. His Jiggs took out Lucario, then Lucario took out Jiggs, then I picked Pika and I had a plan... and that plan went downhill when I learned that Thunder and Roll Out have equal priority... seriously?

I'm pretty sure if you roll into a rat being struck by lightning, you should die... but that's not the way Sakurai wanted it...

Least I have somebody to help me complete the Poketier now since I don't use Jiggs.

Percon

Smash Lord
Man, I haven't fought JL in a tournament set in FOREVER.

Not since the PR was made actually.

Unless you count that one time he forfeited to me. Haha.

MDK00

Smash Ace
That's the Niagara secret we didn't tell you about.
u forgot -20 to MDK's demoralizing ****talk
i add nuff pressure to ppl when they play.

tournaments need to be this hype...
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=9xhyCJqFaRU
i dont care if its brawl, it can happen. it doesnt have to be a 100$ bet tho lol.
as soon as i sed i'd side bet ambrose vs killa jason EVERYONE wanted too watch. it was ridiculous.

agen my 2 cents...

1 - jl
2 - kingace
3 - percon
4 - ambrose
5 - nikok
6 - minus
7 - delorted1
8 - xxx (aka jason aka jigglythepuff)
9 - GK
10 - Bug

i'd luv to see jiggzdapuff do a kumite
for those of u who dont know what a kumite is...
its when a new person appears into a scene and does really unexpectedly well. basically its initiation. jiggzdapuff vs everyone on the PR. its kinda our (ggxxac scene) way to gauge whether ur skills hold tru or not.

also i want to throw out there that jiggzdapuff DID beat me in a MM$5 0-2. obviously we did dbl or nothin (10$ bo3) and i got my monies bak 3-0 lol. nonetheless he beat me tho. so however this ******** system works he shud either be ON the PR if not upcoming. well see...

my wallet says he shud be able to take everyone up till ambrose (according to my list). although ambrose lost to him last time, i dont think he'd lose again. (not that i'd sidebet ambrose again lol he is clearly not clutch)

for what its worth i give recommendations that chin (fox player) (aka JTP=jiggzthepuff's brother) goes onto the upcoming players. along with miller removed from the list and erix for obvious reasons

another note worthy player was the dude from hamilton, he played wolf as main i believe and marth as well.

other interesting matches would be...
bug vs GK
pastaboy vs gk
pastaboy vs bug
bug vs wolfblade
gk vs wolfblade
chaotic vs pastaboy
chaotic vs wolfblade

MDK vs M2K (MK Ditto)
if i ever get a chance, i will money match this guy. you can hold me to post. doubt me if u must but i think i stand a good chance.

KingAce vs M2K (Ditto)
this simply wud jus be interesting.

again congrats to kingace for comin 1st place. we need to have a real set together. i wanna see how i do against the REAL #2. i still have more to teach you kingace...

Wolfblade

Smash Lord
Um yeah... I fought Bug in the bracket... first round. 2-1 for me. Me and GK have fought 4 times, the score so far is 2-2.

I also beat you 4 outa 4 times on Sat... Shouldn't that put me on yer lil PR list there skippy:p

P.S. JESUS!!!

Niko_K

Smash Master
*Waits impatiently for update*

I like your list MDK, puts me above Minus, where I belong ;0

Ziiiiinnnngggggg

MDK00

Smash Ace
I also beat you 4 outa 4 times on Sat... Shouldn't that put me on yer lil PR list there skippy:p
i dont recall that happening :confused:
jks yah u beat me up real nice lol. doesnt change my opinion tho.
i kno u faced them but i didnt get to sit down and watch em. so many matches interesting matches i wanted to watch.

another thing i'd like to make clear... delorted1's attendance. i kno everyone talks about it. cuz everyone who posts hear has talked to me about it at least once.

i luv u dude (no homo) but its kinda not fair how u remain ur spot always. the reason i kept ur spot on my pr list is cuz i believe u r better then those under u. that was determined by how much skill i believe you have. but as we all kno the pr does not factor in skill. but dont worry i kno this isnt ur fault. you dont make this decisions the panelist do. so pretty much my statement/question goes out to them.

now here is where my confusion comes in. delorted has entered few tournaments yet he holds his spot. why is this? if the pr system is based on tournament results and various matches that happen within tournaments how does he remain where he is if he doesnt show up all the time. if ur pr list consisted of the factor "skill" then it would make perfect sense. otherwise i dont see how this is happening.

im sure there are ppl who wud luv to place high the tourny and luv the fact that they dont need to prove themselves for awhile by not comin to tournaments.

i would really like this question answered. im not just posting it for the hell of it. this is clearly something on everyone's mind and it feels like to me nobody has the balls to post up. it wud be nice to hear from ppl other then minus. minus i like how u take the role and defend the system but it wud be nice to hear from ur colleagues once in awhile.

again for what its worth i nominate steve aka kjdjy off the panelist list. i believe he provides no real insight into the list although i do understand in terms of regions and crews representative it makes sense to have him there. i'd also nominate kingace for the same reason mentioned previous but i also understand why he is there for the same reasons mentioned before. having 3 panelists from toronto is a bit absurd tho. and in that case i believe one of the 3 (minus, jl, or ambrose) shud be removed and replaced with another niagara rep. and in that case i wud like to nominate nikok. not only is his attendance good but after have real conversations about the game, matchups, techniques and strategies i believe he is more then well suited to be a panelist.

agen for penny for thoughts by MDK aka Da Rapist aka Da Villain of the Brawl Scene.

next essay will be on why pirate ship aka pool house aka great sea needs to be friggin banned... iunno why its still their but this **** is ********. its about time we realized how gay da mansion is and corneria now its time for pool house.

EDIT:
i totally forgot, GI DESERVES TO BE ON THE UPCOMING. his grab game and tech chase skills are gettin krazy watch out b!tches!!!
also i'd throw him vs all the ppl in my "interesting matches list"

edit2:
my bad i totally jus noticed that jl is not a panelist. thats wut i get for trying weed. which btw **** reeeekz. that **** is stank

D

Deleted member

hahaha rae, i love you too bro. no homo.

the old melee pr and this brawl pr took empirical evidence into account, and if i recall correctly thats what the panelists took into consideration for my spot. i asked them all to make sure. it's on the first post, i think. to be honest i don't really care if im on the PR or not; it's simply a formality. i've only been to 2 tournaments and i completely understand what you're getting at.

dont worry, i knew this would happen. :)

MDK00

Smash Ace
hahaha rae, i love you too bro. no homo.

the old melee pr and this brawl pr took empirical evidence into account, and if i recall correctly thats what the panelists took into consideration for my spot. i asked them all to make sure. it's on the first post, i think. to be honest i don't really care if im on the PR or not; it's simply a formality. i've only been to 2 tournaments and i completely understand what you're getting at.

dont worry, i knew this would happen. :)
btw what does the bold mean? me so dumb. stupid niagara weed FTL.
btw we need to go find half naked girls. mdk likes half naked girls =)

Kjdjy

Smash Journeyman
empirical means statistical or physical evidence, aka tournament placings

the pr is based first on actual numerical placings and individual slots are debated in relation to things like consistency or how the individuals match up against the person in the spot higher or lower

and rae i agree that i had no input on the recent updates but i was thoroughly involved in this one and will be in future ones as well

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Updated!!

There was a lot of discussion/controversy on a lot of the positions this time, (lol except Ambrose) and I assume there will be just as much to come.
I myself along with some of the other panelists will be posting the reasoning behind things in the near future. I will just start things off by saying the top 3 were incredibly close, as well as some of the other spots throughout the pr.

Also Rae Ambrose isn't a panelist. Even though he is fully qualified to be, theres no way you could have Me, Julian and Him all as panelists.

Chaotic Yoshi

Smash Lord
Nice update, I like the acknowledgment of such close levels of play that a tie is established. There is one thing though, you guys do consider brackets over placement right?

Kjdjy

Smash Journeyman
i just want to say that i particularly think niko should be recognized for his recently massive increase in ability and success, and explain that the main reason he is where he is, is because the people above him have been consistently placing higher for longer and his unfortunate placement at goml held him down. had he placed consistent with sban7 he would have been 5th with no contention.

the particular reason nate is still above niko is that there was no acknowledgeable difference between the two at goml, the set at sban7 was very close and before that nate consistently beat and outranked niko.

the upsets that took place at goml made it difficult to rank some people who might feel they deserve more and i wanted to specifically acknowledge niko's recent improvement and explain the rankings for this tournament

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Holy crap Jigglethepuff! Awesome job at getting that 7 spot!

And congrats to KingAce for topping the list. I think we all saw it coming, and he definately deserves it for winning two tournaments straight now.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
It was only a matter time until a Metaknight player made it all the way to the top.

ATTENTION NIKO:

[00:07] Ryan Ford: niko, come to bernard's house tnrw
[00:07] Ryan Ford: directions are:
[00:09] Ryan Ford: from neilson and finch, take the bus north instead (the stop across from where you get off. The south east stop). Get off at canoe crescent. His house is #28
[00:09] Ryan Ford: 28 canoe crescent

We had a smashfest with like 10 people today, and im having people over tomorrow as well.

KingAce

Smash Ace
MDK vs M2K (MK Ditto)
if i ever get a chance, i will money match this guy. you can hold me to post. doubt me if u must but i think i stand a good chance.

KingAce vs M2K (Ditto)
this simply wud jus be interesting.

again congrats to kingace for comin 1st place. we need to have a real set together. i wanna see how i do against the REAL #2. i still have more to teach you kingace...
loll yeah man first thing im doing when i goto CH4 is MM mew2king.. gona probably lose but its good experience either way. and yeah we really need to have a serious set, we havent played a real one since way back in niagara... and thanks a lot for the DI training loll! that sht helped me sooooo much =)

Niko_K

Smash Master
i just want to say that i particularly think niko should be recognized for his recently massive increase in ability and success, and explain that the main reason he is where he is, is because the people above him have been consistently placing higher for longer and his unfortunate placement at goml held him down. had he placed consistent with sban7 he would have been 5th with no contention.

the particular reason nate is still above niko is that there was no acknowledgeable difference between the two at goml, the set at sban7 was very close and before that nate consistently beat and outranked niko.

the upsets that took place at goml made it difficult to rank some people who might feel they deserve more and i wanted to specifically acknowledge niko's recent improvement and explain the rankings for this tournament
Thanks a lot steve! I really appreciate everything you've said about me here! Of course Nate deserves to be higher than me, for the reasons you've already listed. If only I placed properly at GOML xD.

Nice list, hope to climb it again.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Or...snake? Does snake work vs. niko, cuz I heard MK doesn't.

edit: This PR already seems a bit flawed, and I don't even keep up with it.

This isn't personal but...didn't Nate come 17th? How did he move from 6th to 5th on the PR?

lol seems a bit weird to me. Out of curiosity, can someone please explain this to me?

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
Nobody below him is as consistent, I don't mean to be harsh or anything but nobody below him is worthy of that spot. Only people I think that should be there instead of him are either Niko or GK.

Good ****, Ace.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
loll yeah man first thing im doing when i goto CH4 is MM mew2king.. gona probably lose but its good experience either way. and yeah we really need to have a serious set, we havent played a real one since way back in niagara... and thanks a lot for the DI training loll! that sht helped me sooooo much =)
Holy shit, you're going to CH4? That's crazy. My rents would never let me go to a tournament in the US rofl.

Looking forward to that MM with M2K. Let him know what the GTA is all about! :p

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
wow.

pure snakes/mks in pr.

watch my Link. But dont worry it'll take 5 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom