• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Gta+Niagara Brawl Power Rankings! (last updated 06/28. OMG RLY!?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
Everyone should read this.

And Doc, Shut the **** up. Please. No need to get defensive over a comment that includes myself you ****!ng arrogant douche.
No, you need to shut the **** up you piece of ****, you said GTA not GTA + Niagara.

You could've said GTA + Niagara, or GTA + Niko, but no.. You said GTA specifically, and you live in Niagara.

So before you come calling me an arrogant douche, look back at the posts you made.

I'm trying to keep the peace, and you go name calling and ****, go die. :mad:

swordgard

Smash Hero
Alright, swordgard took over this thread too lol. Anyways i've been in this scene for a long time (grab release didnt exist when i joined, ally hadnt been to a tourney yet, and kingace was just learning the powers of the godnado, a long time ago). Brawl back in the day was the ****, every tourney i was pretty hyped for, I practiced and lots of people showed to make it memorable. Ive seen alot of people come and go and i seriously cant beleive ive stuck around for this long. I'm sorry to all you people who think brawl is perfect or something but this game is pretty broken. One button infinites, moves that have almost godlike priorities, Glitches in the game which are not banned (Grab release), matchups that are pretty much 100:0, ledge camping, people running for 8 minutes. You guys are argueing about pools, lol u think ur gonna have pools with 20 people tournies, pools are the least of your worries. Brawl no longer fun for me personally and i know a couple others in sauga who agree with that statement. We might still show up for a tourney or 2 though, maybe....
Lol wow, you do realize that most games have these so called glitches as advance techniques. The top of the metagame keeps changing, new things are being discovered, people are still improving. One button infinites? Lol, for all i care, if that 1 button requires 1 frame precision then its fine. Also depends how hard it is to setup. Glitches which arent banned like grab release? Grab release aint a glitch, its using the in game physics to your advantage, just like spacing. Matchups that are 100:0? That comes with most fighting games, all you need is 4-5 chars for a healthy metagame. Ledge camping? I dont see m2k ledge camp, and ally doesnt lose to ledge campers, not broken. Remember when doc tried to ledge camp me? Guess what, thats when he took most damage when he could have been poking. People running for 8 minutes? Hit them lol, you can stall in every game. Its all about predicting and then punishing hard. Ally and m2k dont stall, so no complaints there at the top of the metagame. Erm what else. Step it up?

EDIT: Your char is made for stalling AND is 3rd on tier list. You should never get grabbed, stop whining.

Quote anyone?

Double EDIT: Cruxis, maybe not for you, but for many people it is. Fun is subjective ^.^.

Gichan

Smash Champion
Woah woah woooahhh. I haaatte when people use that argument about Wario. NO, he is NOT JUST made for stalling, there are different playstyles for him. the only reason that ****ty *** stalling type playstyle became so dominant was because of DDD and grab release, and how DMG started doing when he first introduced it. Then EVERYONE used it and then randomly threw numbers that every matchup is even "because you can bait or predict or stall them". Woooww, can't most ****ing characters do this? Come on! You know Wario should not be third on that list. There was just some over hyped **** going on at that time. Fiction's placing and DMG's style. Falco raaaappess people, so does Diddy. Wario has too many uphill battles like against Marth, ROB, Peach, G&W and stupid chars have infinites on us like Bowser and Yoshi.

So please don't throw that **** to Nick, "don't get grabbed" when this is brawl it is pretty easy to get grabbed. Even Fiction gets grabbed, it is just too hard to avoid it for 4-5 mins in a slow paced game.

Annnnndd, Brawl was sooo ****ing hype back then, I wish I never use to get mad at every tourney, I regret it soooo much, just some things seemed so out of control at the time. now I ****ing enjoy playing this game, I get *****, whatever. But now it is too late, we'll never have huge tournies anymore because people get ***** too hard by MK (this char is such a noob-basher. every game has one) in pools, or hear everyone complain about the game. Back then, the game was new and it was soo hyped, so everyone came out. Unless we just recruited someone or have more drivers to drive out to out-of-state tournies.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
GI some points

LOL at ROB vs Wario, u can't blame me, its funny from my perspective, I still <3 u (NO HOMO)

I like the way yo explained how Wario isn't top tier, and should still be 8th place or something, very solid

Brawl was so hype cack then because it was new. Brawl lost A LOT of melee players, and those were probably the majority of the communtiy, seriously what else could have happened? Melee players all like "LOL Brawl, w00t Melee". am I missing something here?

I'll also take this chance to say u have an awesome display pick but very scary at the same time, if I saw that in real life I'd **** myself =____________=

Niko_K

Smash Master
No, you need to shut the **** up you piece of ****, you said GTA not GTA + Niagara.

You could've said GTA + Niagara, or GTA + Niko, but no.. You said GTA specifically, and you live in Niagara.

So before you come calling me an arrogant douche, look back at the posts you made.

I'm trying to keep the peace, and you go name calling and ****, go die. :mad:
Oh sorry, well let me rephrase. OUR ENTIRE SCENE is full of pompous *******s. Is that better?

The reason our scene is so fail is due to everyones noob attitude towards brawl and it's tournaments. Not too many people take it that seriously. Sorry Doc, but you need to understand the pretentious traits behind our tiny scene. We're junk in the grand scheme of things, yet everyone acts like theres nothing else to improve.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Oh sorry, well let me rephrase. OUR ENTIRE SCENE is full of pompous *******s. Is that better?

The reason our scene is so fail is due to everyones noob attitude towards brawl and it's tournaments. Not too many people take it that seriously. Sorry Doc, but you need to understand the pretentious traits behind our tiny scene. We're junk in the grand scheme of things, yet everyone acts like theres nothing else to improve.
We need Michigan to come back cause I never experienced their presence :(

swordgard

Smash Hero
Woah woah woooahhh. I haaatte when people use that argument about Wario. NO, he is NOT JUST made for stalling, there are different playstyles for him. the only reason that ****ty *** stalling type playstyle became so dominant was because of DDD and grab release, and how DMG started doing when he first introduced it. Then EVERYONE used it and then randomly threw numbers that every matchup is even "because you can bait or predict or stall them". Woooww, can't most ****ing characters do this? Come on! You know Wario should not be third on that list. There was just some over hyped **** going on at that time. Fiction's placing and DMG's style. Falco raaaappess people, so does Diddy. Wario has too many uphill battles like against Marth, ROB, Peach, G&W and stupid chars have infinites on us like Bowser and Yoshi.

So please don't throw that **** to Nick, "don't get grabbed" when this is brawl it is pretty easy to get grabbed. Even Fiction gets grabbed, it is just too hard to avoid it for 4-5 mins in a slow paced game.

Annnnndd, Brawl was sooo ****ing hype back then, I wish I never use to get mad at every tourney, I regret it soooo much, just some things seemed so out of control at the time. now I ****ing enjoy playing this game, I get *****, whatever. But now it is too late, we'll never have huge tournies anymore because people get ***** too hard by MK (this char is such a noob-basher. every game has one) in pools, or hear everyone complain about the game. Back then, the game was new and it was soo hyped, so everyone came out. Unless we just recruited someone or have more drivers to drive out to out-of-state tournies.
My bad i poorly worded that. I meant that warios mechanic favor his main strategy being stalling(a powerfull killing move which only comes after a long period of time, a very high drift speed combined with good dodges and a big weight value). Also, wario does not get ***** that bad by grab release, some other chars do get ***** way more by other stuff. Why should we make an exception just for this char and yet allow marth wrecking so much of the cast. Either everything is fine until degeneration or nothing is at all.

As for the tier list, ice climbers, diddy, falco and snake and meta for top 5, with marth being 6th. Also, playing vs ice climbers has to be 20 times more demoralizing than any other char.1 grab and your like wtf is the point of me playing this game XD.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Swordgard; while I agree with a lot of your points I'm pretty sure the 'one button infinites' nick was referring to were not the IC's (since those can hardly be called 'one button' and everyone knows they require practice), but rather the ones like Marth/Snake/Falcon/Zard spamming Z on Ness/Lucas from 0 until kill % and then pointing the c-stick at them for a free kill - those are actually one button infinites.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Swordgard; while I agree with a lot of your points I'm pretty sure the 'one button infinites' nick was referring to were not the IC's (since those can hardly be called 'one button' and everyone knows they require practice), but rather the ones like Marth/Snake/Falcon/Zard spamming Z on Ness/Lucas from 0 until kill % and then pointing the c-stick at them for a free kill - those are actually one button infinites.
Oh, then yeah i guess. Sometimes its banned, but the fact that its char specific make it ok . Well at least in my opinion it does. No time to argue either way, g2g to school : D

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Oh, then yeah i guess. Sometimes its banned, but the fact that its char specific make it ok . Well at least in my opinion it does.
It makes the game boring to play for both players and takes any and all spectator value completely away; it is in no way ok. At least IC's infinites can be fun to watch and do since you can be creative with them and they take precision. With the GR infinites it's "LOL I CAN PRESS Z!"

Not that I play a character who has to deal with these issues anymore anyway.

Mikey7

Smash Lord
GI some points

LOL at ROB vs Wario, u can't blame me, its funny from my perspective, I still <3 u (NO HOMO)

I like the way yo explained how Wario isn't top tier, and should still be 8th place or something, very solid

Brawl was so hype cack then because it was new. Brawl lost A LOT of melee players, and those were probably the majority of the communtiy, seriously what else could have happened? Melee players all like "LOL Brawl, w00t Melee". am I missing something here?

I'll also take this chance to say u have an awesome display pick but very scary at the same time, if I saw that in real life I'd **** myself =____________=
Barely any Melee players came to Brawl tournaments, don't speculate get the facts first - they never joined the scene because they were convinced the game was crap. TOPS 3 melee players played and quit.

@Avarice - Nick is talking about IC infinites. Really the tech skill required isn't that bad, you can master it within a month. However, that being said, the reason why I respect Ambrose's ICs so much is that he relies on his fighting first, and his grabbing is just secondary, Raidos is like that too. Swordgard can't fight for shiz so all he does is just go for the grab - hes got no true skill its just his character thats winning it for him. BTW sword, don't try to defend yourself, I can't read your posts and won't.

Why is the scene dead? Who knows...Mk can only contribute to the existing members of the scene, not new members. Hopefully we can get some new players with advertising or something, but I'm definately too lazy to do it lolz

D

Deleted member

If you haven't, try Brawl+. It's pretty novel. Not to mention my tournament is looking positive..

No pun intended.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Barely any Melee players came to Brawl tournaments, don't speculate get the facts first - they never joined the scene because they were convinced the game was crap. TOPS 3 melee players played and quit.

@Avarice - Nick is talking about IC infinites. Really the tech skill required isn't that bad, you can master it within a month. However, that being said, the reason why I respect Ambrose's ICs so much is that he relies on his fighting first, and his grabbing is just secondary, Raidos is like that too. Swordgard can't fight for shiz so all he does is just go for the grab - hes got no true skill its just his character thats winning it for him. BTW sword, don't try to defend yourself, I can't read your posts and won't.

Why is the scene dead? Who knows...Mk can only contribute to the existing members of the scene, not new members. Hopefully we can get some new players with advertising or something, but I'm definately too lazy to do it lolz
I love the fact that you say it is very easy but nearly no ice climber players are placing really well in the us. If im winning, its because im more skilled, stop whining seriously especially when you dont even place yourself. Go and win tourneys with ice climbers versus good snakes and rob and then come back instead of acting so scrubby. Snake is better than ice climbers, by your logic i should say allys char is doing everything for him, but i dont. Why not chaingrab when i can? Why are you even playing d3, hes all chaingrabs!

Stop acting like a troll seriously. If you insult someone and then ignore them, it just shows how trollish you are.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
atomsk picked up ics in a week, and was taking games off m2k at the end of the month...he said there extremely easy to use himself actually.

Niko_K

Smash Master
He was using them a lot more before he "picked them up". We were talking about it in our hotel at COT4. He was angered with lains new found fame and wanted to get IC's banned.

Also you're talking about one of NJ's best players, one of NA's strongest regions.

No bias or anything LMFAO

sauc3

Smash Lord
As a very mediocre IC's player, I can safely say that CG's alone can not win tourneys, cuz my chaingrabs are pretty solid, but outside of that I'm pretty mediocre and I never place well, so my point is (and I can't believe I'm siding with swordguard here) that if you play IC's and you're placing, then you definitely have game outside your grabs.

IC's are fairly easy to learn, but incredibly hard to master IMO.

Raidos is still my favourite IC's cuz he has the strongest mindgames. Nuff said.

swordgard

Smash Hero
atomsk picked up ics in a week, and was taking games off m2k at the end of the month...he said there extremely easy to use himself actually.
And m2k has not lost a single game to lain and atomsk vs ice climbers in tourney lately. He was ****** lain so bad lain forfeit in losers.

No johns, step it up.

nickcam

Smash Ace
Let me clarify my post. I was implying that the IC infinite and the DDD infinites are a one button infinite, and that statement is true. I dont care if people think its super hard to master the IC CG I never said it was easy, I was just saying its a one button infinite and thats a ridiculous idea in a fighting game. Swordgard u need help mentally cause i wasnt even talking to you and you still spew ur stupid ****.I didnt ask you for your opinion so Stfu please cause i dont wanna read your garbage. I also read your statement of grab release is not so bad. If people havent noticed there are only two warios in this scene because people dont wanna deal with the **** of making one mistake and eating a free kill move in a defensive game, and im pretty tired of it myself.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Let me clarify my post. I was implying that the IC infinite and the DDD infinites are a one button infinite, and that statement is true. I dont care if people think its super hard to master the IC CG I never said it was easy, I was just saying its a one button infinite and thats a ridiculous idea in a fighting game. Swordgard u need help mentally cause i wasnt even talking to you and you still spew ur stupid ****.I didnt ask you for your opinion so Stfu please cause i dont wanna read your garbage. I also read your statement of grab release is not so bad. If people havent noticed there are only two warios in this scene because people dont wanna deal with the **** of making one mistake and eating a free kill move in a defensive game, and im pretty tired of it myself.

Erm lets see. Public forums. I can post what i want here, stop acting so offended lol. If you just want to rant and want people to simply approve of you, go on rantboards.com . Now, if you are willing to actually post on smashboards.com, a forum board about smash where everyone can post their opinion, then you have to abide by the fact that some people will disagree.

One button infinite? Last i recall, you have to move in between ice climbers throw. Also, if you really hate the game, just leave, you really are doing nobody any good by posting this. There are only 2 warios because he gets grab released? Im thinking its because alot of people play metaknight among other reasons, i doubt grab release is the only reason. Wario has the tools to no get grabbed often, he is heavy weight, and finally most chars kill moves can either A) be landed more easily than the grab on wario or B) are chars which still have negative matchups vs wario. Even snakes 27 % neutral air can be escaped after 1 hit with proper SDI. So if you want to keep on ranting then just leave, im pretty sure other warios will instead continue on improving(DMG, Fiction and Gichan for example).

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
If people havent noticed there are only two warios in this scene because people dont wanna deal with the **** of making one mistake and eating a free kill move in a defensive game, and im pretty tired of it myself.
Against 7 characters I had to deal with 1 mistake costing me an entire stock even from 0 (when it was legal)...it's like the game had 7 IC's, what an awesome game. I'm not trying to argue, just hoping no one questions why I'm not playing (vBrawl) Ness anymore ;)

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord

Niko I <3 you buddy I was only kidding, don't go die :)

Gichan

Smash Champion
Grab release for Wario is veeerrryy annoying...and sword, good post about Wario's defensive game. But I just want to repeat, Futile made that character a rushdown char, which PhantomX (my favourite Wario) has taken up and even sometimes Fiction. Then there are all the others...

And I would also like to add....JL dropped Wario for the exact same thing Nick mentioned. I hate losing or taking a ****load of damage from some dumb thing like grab release, but I put up with it cause it is part of the game, and it only makes Wario users more of the underdog in some matches.

And Tinny, I don't care that you play ROB, bad matchups don't bother me except DDD, and some personal ones...(**** you joe, lolz).

swordgard

Smash Hero
Grab release for Wario is veeerrryy annoying...and sword, good post about Wario's defensive game. But I just want to repeat, Futile made that character a rushdown char, which PhantomX (my favourite Wario) has taken up and even sometimes Fiction. Then there are all the others...

And I would also like to add....JL dropped Wario for the exact same thing Nick mentioned. I hate losing or taking a ****load of damage from some dumb thing like grab release, but I put up with it cause it is part of the game, and it only makes Wario users more of the underdog in some matches.

And Tinny, I don't care that you play ROB, bad matchups don't bother me except DDD, and some personal ones...(**** you joe, lolz).
But what matchup gets disgustingly bad for wario due to grab release? I dont get this >.<. Snakes best move in those case is like upair or bair. Metaknight is nair or shuttle loop. You take what, 8ish more damage than from a regular throw?

EDIT: Also, doesnt the doppelganger technique make up for this grab release >.<

Gichan

Smash Champion
are you kidding me sword? Peach, DK, Bowser, Ike, are some examples of chars able to kill at slightly less than 100%! 100% for a heavy! WTF? Snake, yes, those are his best options, whatever, cause nair gets SDId out of BUT some chars give us some tough ****. And you ignored the infinites.

Annnyywaayss, I don't care about it being banned, or want it out of the game, it's in there and without it Wario may be able to be considered S tier (possibly) BUT I don't want it to be seen as something trivial, it really isn't, many don't have the patience to take that garbage all day. Falcon can knee me out of grab release? wtf? **** is gay.

BUT, I wanna know this doppelganger thingy........what is that?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Dang, first time I namesearch and I stumble into something exciting!

I personally think grab releases are a decent balance for Wario. Without them the only character that could really best him is MK, while most of his other matchups would be quite solidly in his favor. The grab releases mostly affect matchups that Wario wins anyway, and without them he'd just win even easier.

Besides, if you really really care so much, you can always fart camp those characters that have high threat grab releases, because that makes the situation an end-all, be-all. If they go for that grab and miss, they die to waft, if they get it, they win. Really though, if you are baiting correctly and not committing to a retreating opponent (a sure sign of a pivot grab to come), the grabs should come very few and far in between.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I wasn't referring to you, just nickcam complaining about GR. GR affects matchups that would be, for the most part, greatly in our favor otherwise. It is annoying that they get guaranteed kills on us, but it's also a fact we can use to our advantage. At higher levels of play people know better than to attempt going for those grabs a lot, b/c it's super risky, and the Warios should be expecting them.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
I love the fact that you say it is very easy but nearly no ice climber players are placing really well in the us. If im winning, its because im more skilled, stop whining seriously especially when you dont even place yourself. Go and win tourneys with ice climbers versus good snakes and rob and then come back instead of acting so scrubby. Snake is better than ice climbers, by your logic i should say allys char is doing everything for him, but i dont. Why not chaingrab when i can? Why are you even playing d3, hes all chaingrabs!

Stop acting like a troll seriously. If you insult someone and then ignore them, it just shows how trollish you are.
But what matchup gets disgustingly bad for wario due to grab release? I dont get this >.<. Snakes best move in those case is like upair or bair. Metaknight is nair or shuttle loop. You take what, 8ish more damage than from a regular throw?

EDIT: Also, doesnt the doppelganger technique make up for this grab release >.<
Swordgard, C.Falcon grab release to knee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom