• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Gta+Niagara Brawl Power Rankings! (last updated 06/28. OMG RLY!?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
I wasn't referring to you, just nickcam complaining about GR. GR affects matchups that would be, for the most part, greatly in our favor otherwise. It is annoying that they get guaranteed kills on us, but it's also a fact we can use to our advantage. At higher levels of play people know better than to attempt going for those grabs a lot, b/c it's super risky, and the Warios should be expecting them.
I ****ing miss you dude, I need to visit you in TX sometime.

PND

Smash Champion
Jiggs can grab release Wario into Rest. It's hilarious.

EDIT: Ohshi-- I thought this was the social thread. So uh, how bout that off-topic post, eh?

nickcam

Smash Ace
I wasn't referring to you, just nickcam complaining about GR. GR affects matchups that would be, for the most part, greatly in our favor otherwise. It is annoying that they get guaranteed kills on us, but it's also a fact we can use to our advantage. At higher levels of play people know better than to attempt going for those grabs a lot, b/c it's super risky, and the Warios should be expecting them.
I respect your opinion but the matchup that grab release is really broken in is the ddd matchup. Free 60% plus kill. The only way to win that matchup is to camp and thats something i wont do for 8 minutes. DDD can go for grabs almost whenever he wants with his ridiculous range and whats the risk of him getting maybe grabbed/bite or fsmashed for like 17 damage. Whats the reward for him getting the grab 40+ percent and a free kill. Ive never seen a high tier matchup (If wario is high tier) with such a favor towards one character in any game lol

swordgard

Smash Hero
I respect your opinion but the matchup that grab release is really broken in is the ddd matchup. Free 60% plus kill. The only way to win that matchup is to camp and thats something i wont do for 8 minutes. DDD can go for grabs almost whenever he wants with his ridiculous range and whats the risk of him getting maybe grabbed/bite or fsmashed for like 17 damage. Whats the reward for him getting the grab 40+ percent and a free kill. Ive never seen a high tier matchup (If wario is high tier) with such a favor towards one character in any game lol
Snake vs ice climbers.

Rob vs ice climbers.

Falco vs D3.

Gaw vs marth/snake.

Its called counters.

swordgard

Smash Hero
that's because brose's ic's were better than sword's snake
c'est tout
Yeah, just so you know my snake is meh ish, my lucario coulda probably done better. I bet something completely stupid, snake can only counter snake if the snake knows the matchup. Ally does, he wrecked every ice climber player out there.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Something like this would be called a counter, as swordgard says, and there are plenty in the metagame. That said, I honestly don't think D3 is one of these, nor does he have to be camped for 8 minutes. His game is grab centric on the ground, it's pretty much the only thing of value he has, therefore it is highly predictable and abusable against him (combined with the fact that he has a terrible shield and is massive enough to bite from everywhere). Just learn not to commit when they're retreating or unless you have both jumps (this will also help you incredibly against ICs).

In the air they also both have their strengths and weaknesses. D3 may win marginally in onstage fights, but if you get D3 offstage, it should be a stock loss, especially if you've been playing careful to not get grabbed. Dairs, ledge invince nairs, footstools, fair pokes to eat jumps, ledge invince backairs, and bike throwing can all easily force D3 to up b (and bike throwing deals massive damage as well, while footstooling forces up B every time), and then you get a waft or super high upair when they're vulnerable... that seems like a good balancer to me. If there's any matchup you should be considering a counter to us, it's MK.

I ****ing miss you dude, I need to visit you in TX sometime.
There will be copious amounts of gay sex and reminiscing about gamebattles. Plus TX is the ****, you'd have fun.

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
Its 70-30 MK favor dude, accept it.

@PhantomX: What about the Marth match up, according to your match up board, its Wario's hardest match up, and MK is Marth on steroids, how does this all make sense?
I agree with Joe, ROB isn't completely harmed by MK, he has tools.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Hes a tad better than overswarm, goes like this.

Ninjalink
Holy
Overswarm
Chibo
HugS] And yes, Ninjalink is the best rob, holy will tell you himself.

Just ask him :dizzy:
Last tourney holy went OoC ninjalink was better, but i dunnow for now, skill level fluctuates >.<. For the rest, list seems accurate.

tha_carter

Smash Ace
umm, culex and i have played them both irl fairly recently. It shouldnt even be a debate.

Besides, holy goes 100% ROB, its different only using him for matchups your comfortable with and switching for his harder matchups

swordgard

Smash Hero
umm, culex and i have played them both irl fairly recently. It shouldnt even be a debate.

Besides, holy goes 100% ROB, its different only using him for matchups your comfortable with and switching for his harder matchups
Your saying holy is much better? Cause that first sentence did not tell me really which is the best, it just said theres no debate >.<

swordgard

Smash Hero
I don't even remember saying Ninjalink was better lol except for his really good DI, Ally told me I was better and M2K told me not too long ago I was still the best he's fought.
Swordgard approves of this message.

No but seriously, holys really got rob down, he has a couple of stuff he still has to learn(better DI overall, double reversal shanenigans and whatnot) but otherwise hes the best rob around.

NL is really smart overall but since he does not main rob he is lacking alot of tricks in his gameplay.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Hes a tad better than overswarm, goes like this.

Ninjalink
Holy
Overswarm
Chibo
HugS] And yes, Ninjalink is the best rob, holy will tell you himself.

Just ask him :dizzy:
Sorry doc, I'm gonna beleive the ROB power rankings over this, and agree with most of the other robs and say MK ***** us hard, secondary required.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom