• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Gta+Niagara Brawl Power Rankings! (last updated 06/28. OMG RLY!?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
What would the TO crew be? Myself, Minus, Ambrose, Gichan, ? and ?

Like we need another city in this, TO + vaughn vs sauga, that would be sick.

Wolfblade

Smash Lord
What would the TO crew be? Myself, Minus, Ambrose, Gichan, ? and ?

Like we need another city in this, TO + vaughn vs sauga, that would be sick.
That's right, you weren't around for my crew battling days were you? Mwah ha ha ha ha!

I'm moving back to TO so I would work fine for a crew;)

I am up for joining any single crew that pops up! Of course, if there is enough Niagara there, they get first dibs.

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
Oh shoot a combo video? I should give you the clip of me graping Fatalx's first stock in a ranked match in less than 25 seconds.

Meta up grab to skybourne granade kill @ 55 % ftw.

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
Fair enough, how about my snake living till 200 + fighting a falco, got him to 90 + after hitting him with an f tilt in battle field, I planted a full charged mine, I tried running as soon as I planted it, tripped right on my mine, but as I rolled away just in time he illusioned into it and died and I survived =)

It was his last stock btw and I was at 3 stock.

Hype

Smash Lord
I got a great kill me me 0-deathing someone using only the tornado. In this kill, the person died at 0%, yet they didn't SD.

How did I do it?

Edit: I'll tell you how. Tornado shield break at the edge and they fell off the stage while in shield break stun. I have the video.

Pho

Smash Journeyman
I got a great kill me me 0-deathing someone using only the tornado. In this kill, the person died at 0%, yet they didn't SD.

How did I do it?

Edit: I'll tell you how. Tornado shield break at the edge and they fell off the stage while in shield break stun. I have the video.
Video or it didn't happen.

pastaboy

Smash Champion
nate ino your godly but i dont personally disgaree with your spot at 7th, unless im missing some pownz results. i dont rly follow them. But i think Joe should be in your spot, he got better placing and beat you in brackets. Plus to my knowledge you didnt beat too many notables ( i could be mistaken i dont know who was in your pool) you did come 2nd in doubles but i didnt know doubles results were weighted THAT much. but joe should be in your spot, he did beat holy in an mm and nickcam just for the record

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
Pownz he got fourth in singles 2nd in doubles, he got second in doubles again as of mikeys, he beat me at u of T for first place, I think hes fine where he is tbh, if I had to make a change, if I could make a change, I'd switch Niko with Cyan.

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
Cause' he placed 5th at the latest pownz, and he beat you in pools at mikeys.

+ imo duys shouldn't count towards PR points, but more so towards who to look out for as Pasta and myself were justifiably saying the other week.

No bias, its just my own logical oppinion.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
Me,Cyan,Anth,Brose,JL,Minus vs Ace,Nick,Fool,Mikey,Hype,Carter vs Niko,Percon,Pasta,Culex,,idk?

gonna be legit.

Cyan_

Smash Lord
Cause' he placed 5th at the latest pownz, and he beat you in pools at mikeys.

+ imo duys shouldn't count towards PR points, but more so towards who to look out for as Pasta and myself were justifiably saying the other week.

No bias, its just my own logical oppinion.
Wtf, it was a close 1-2 game in POOLS. I beat Ambrose in pools before. I also beat Percon before (in like OiN2 lol). He also lost to Distructo 0-2, and I beat him 2-0. I also outplaced him in brackets and got 2nd seed while he got 3rd.

And he placed 5th but he didn't beat many top players, no offense to Niko. Read what KingAce said, I don't need to say much else.

And I don't get why Pownz counts,but Duy's doesn't. Duy's has more competition, and yes it is a real tournament not just a casual.

Percon

Smash Lord

How did I do it?

Do want :D

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
you both do realize that arguing wont change the list right? if your like me and dont like how it looks go to your next tourney and change it

oh and Hype, welcome to the h4x club lolololl

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
Duys is a casual, its not on tournament listings, its on Canada forums.

But yea I didn't know about the distructo fiasco so if you put it that way I guess you deserve it.

nickcam

Smash Ace
No offence to anyone but pools results shouldnt be taken too seriously, some people just wait til brackets to perform well. What i feel should take more priority though is the head to head bracket match records of members of the PR who are closely ranked.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Completely agreed with Doc :p Fighting Cyan with a 3-7 disadvantage was hard enough. Pools are matches IN TOURNAMENT and they count just as much as a bracket match (IF YOU DON'T MEET UP IN BRACKETS AFTER POOLS)

Bleh whatever I got shafted xD

KingAce

Smash Ace
Completely agreed with Doc :p Fighting Cyan with a 3-7 disadvantage was hard enough. Pools are matches IN TOURNAMENT and they count just as much as a bracket match (IF YOU DON'T MEET UP IN BRACKETS AFTER POOLS)

Bleh whatever I got shafted xD
hell no, man pools do NOT count as much as bracket matches. I dont know about the other panelists but im pretty sure they would agree with me that bracket matches count a lot more than pools. personally, i've lost many pool matches and sets in pools. but when it comes to bracket, some players really dont **** around anymore.

imho, pools is kinda like a warmup; if you can play good in pools it gets you in a good spot and prepares you for when the REAL tournament starts (brackets)

i dunno how many of you would understand if i put it like this but, take the NBA for example if say raptors beat knicks, but knicks still ended up with a higher seed in the east coast, and knicks ended getting further in the playoffs while beating more notable teams in the PLAYOFFS. wouldnt you say the knicks are better than the raptors?

thats almost basically what you guys are arguing about cyan and nikos performance at mikeys, niko beat cyan 2-1 in pools but cyan still ended up with 2nd seed while niko got 3rd and cyan still got further in the bracket beating more noticeable people -.-

Gichan

Smash Champion
hell no, man pools do NOT count as much as bracket matches. I dont know about the other panelists but im pretty sure they would agree with me that bracket matches count a lot more than pools. personally, i've lost many pool matches and sets in pools. but when it comes to bracket, some players really dont **** around anymore.

imho, pools is kinda like a warmup; if you can play good in pools it gets you in a good spot and prepares you for when the REAL tournament starts (brackets)

i dunno how many of you would understand if i put it like this but, take the NBA for example if say raptors beat knicks, but knicks still ended up with a higher seed in the east coast, and knicks ended getting further in the playoffs while beating more notable teams in the PLAYOFFS. wouldnt you say the knicks are better than the raptors?

thats almost basically what you guys are arguing about cyan and nikos performance at mikeys, niko beat cyan 2-1 in pools but cyan still ended up with 2nd seed while niko got 3rd and cyan still got further in the bracket beating more noticeable people -.-
And that is why, he is a panelist.

D

Deleted member

Perhaps if you weighted pools matches equally people would take pools more seriously. Frankly, a win is still a win, and if the person you're fighting against is sandbagging or whatever, well..no johns, son. A match is a match is a match.

Not to mention in Niko's case the set in question is between two ranked players. No matter the setting, a ranked head-to-head counts guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom