• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Gta+Niagara Brawl Power Rankings! (last updated 06/28. OMG RLY!?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingAce

Smash Ace
lol at Cyan being above me......:S I really think that tenth spot should be mine XD
"How the Rankings are decided:

Placement is based on tournament results, consistency and other empirical evidence. The level of your opponents is also highly important as well. If you have an easy bracket or make it far in a tournament with easy competition, it will not count as much as if you got just as far in another tournament with harder competition. The quickest way to rise is to beat those above you on the list."

niko, we are not trying to be biased at all, infact the 10th spot was probably debated for the longest time. Cyan has been fairly consistent, and has beaten out people above him or noticeable. for example, recent accomplishments would be him splitting 1st at duys, while beating me in a tourny set in brackets there. people at that tourny included hype, fool, anthony, minus, me, mikey, nickcam, tojoe as well as some others that i might be forgetting. also, he outplaced you again at mikeys and managed to beat chaotic and anthony.

im pretty sure at mikeys you came 13th beating iliad and masterdrenin. do you sort of see why we cant put you above cyan?

oh and @ joe, minus was i believe 5th or 6th on the PR before he went to sask. we agreed that if he came back and performed like he used to we would just basically give him a big jump in the PR. easiest example would be julian, a big part of his placement being so much lower is because of his inactivity and his performance the tourny right before he went on a hiatus. however, if he comes back with his old school results (top 5 at almost every tourny in singles and top 3 in doubles) then obviously he would climb the ranks again really quickly. so yeah minus has been doing good at every tourny and even when he came back i believe him brose and julian all split 1/2/3 at pownz, then he beat doc at a uoft tourny? on top of all that hes conisistent with his placings lol

dw joe, your skills already been recognized couple more tournies and im sure youll climb the pr further

Cyan_

Smash Lord
Really nice post, Phil.

U&C is so much harder to get on now, a lot of competition. Very tight. :p

Niko_K

Smash Master
Phil about the point in bold. I beat Cyan 2-1 in pools and the only reason I placed thirteenth was an early encounter with Joe in losers. I 2-0d Thatguy who placed 7th and Fool who placed 9th.

I just think it's dumb because I actually beat him at the most recent tournament. Alongside placing 5th at Pownz.

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
Yeah I honestly can't argue with that statement, Nikok and Cyan should be tied for tenth, and if you had to add another up and comer, Danny is your guy.

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
Hype your last 3 placings with 50 + people and hard brackets have been 3rd, 2nd, 2nd.

I think its well deserved, especially when you were already 8th.

Keep up the ****.

Wolfblade

Smash Lord
I can't believe Wolfblade isn't on u&c, lots of competition I guess >_>
8 month Hiatus? What?

Don't worry Mickey, I'll run my way back up this thing once I go to more tournies and get the whole consistancy thing going.

Even if I'm not on Up and Comer... I still love knowing that a good chunk of these people on U&C and PR wouldn't wanna fight me in a tourney mwah ha ha ha ha!

I'm gonna try to make it to POWNZ this month and do some wrecking.

Despite fighting Ally or Minus at every tourney I go to now, I'm gonna take these PR peeps to town! F*ckin pallet town b*tches!

Just remember everybody,

I'm only here to kick *ss and chew bubble gum, and I'm all out of *ss... wait let me try that again...

FatalX

Smash Journeyman
So why was I kicked off of U&C?

I know I didn't go to Mikey's tournament which was a big one, but you can't just ignore the fact that I was able to beat people on that list.

Because now, if I go to another tournament and do well, I won't be put directly on the PR, I'll just be put on the U&C again which is seriously BS, if you ask anyone whos played me they'll tell you I deserve to be on this thing.

Percon

Smash Lord
Doc didn't go do U and C, he just jumped straight on the list (I think). You can too, provided you come to a tournament and place well like you have before.

Cyan_

Smash Lord
Fatal, just go to more tourneys and do what you normally do. You'll get back on.

FatalX

Smash Journeyman
Doc didn't go do U and C, he just jumped straight on the list (I think). You can too, provided you come to a tournament and place well like you have before.
Well thats cause Doc went to like 4 tournies before the latest PR update, so he did more than enough to make himself worthy.

I won't be going directly on the PR without going on U&C first, not with my luck, I always end up facing Ambrose or KingAce or someone from MI in like the third round so I end up with a garb placing. Whoever eliminates me is always someone who ends up getting at least top 3.

w/e ill try to go to more tournies, I just dont think that what ive done should be ignored

Cyan_

Smash Lord
You gotta play Pool matches as if they were bracket matches, so you can get 1st or 2nd seed and probably won't get bracket *****.

KingAce

Smash Ace
Phil about the point in bold. I beat Cyan 2-1 in pools and the only reason I placed thirteenth was an early encounter with Joe in losers. I 2-0d Thatguy who placed 7th and Fool who placed 9th.

I just think it's dumb because I actually beat him at the most recent tournament. Alongside placing 5th at Pownz.
Niko, Cyan couldnt attend Pownz so I cant say how he would of done.
Here.... incase you missed it earlier:
"If you have an easy bracket or make it far in a tournament with easy competition, it will not count as much as if you got just as far in another tournament with harder competition"

However, I looked into the results of that tournament and I believe you beat Drekkonis, Danny, and Fool. Not to discredit any players, but I don't think that is the hardest bracket to overcome to secure the 5th spot in a tournament. Now look at Cyan at Duy's, he didnt lose a single bracket match all tournament and had to leave when he was in grand finals. he also beat me directly in the bracket. not like it was a scrub tournament either, there were a lot of good players there.

And this part "the reason I placed thirteenth was an early encounter with Joe in losers". your making it sound like theres no way you can beat joe lol, quickest way to climb pr is to beat those ahead of you and place better than them. you should of used that as a chance to beat joe and knock him out of the tournament. also, those other sets were all pool matches. even though pool results do count towards the PR, I don't know about the rest of the panelists but in my mind the bracket is what really counts the most.

edit: oh and guys lol dont worry too much about up and coming. couple of tournies doing really well you can jump straight to the PR. perfect examples are hype and doc. the up and coming is more of a recognition to those who are performing well, but not enough to be in the top 10. you really dont need to be on unc to jump to the pr

n ya max definately, you goin to pownz this month?

Percon

Smash Lord
Niko, Cyan couldnt attend Pownz so I cant say how he would of done.
Here.... incase you missed it earlier:
"If you have an easy bracket or make it far in a tournament with easy competition, it will not count as much as if you got just as far in another tournament with harder competition"

However, I looked into the results of that tournament and I believe you beat Drekkonis, Danny, and Fool. Not to discredit any players, but I don't think that is the hardest bracket to overcome to secure the 5th spot in a tournament. Now look at Cyan at Duy's, he didnt lose a single bracket match all tournament and had to leave when he was in grand finals. he also beat me directly in the bracket. not like it was a scrub tournament either, there were a lot of good players there.

And this part "the reason I placed thirteenth was an early encounter with Joe in losers". your making it sound like theres no way you can beat joe lol, quickest way to climb pr is to beat those ahead of you and place better than them. you should of used that as a chance to beat joe and knock him out of the tournament. also, those other sets were all pool matches. even though pool results do count towards the PR, I don't know about the rest of the panelists but in my mind the bracket is what really counts the most.

edit: oh and guys lol dont worry too much about up and coming. couple of tournies doing really well you can jump straight to the PR. perfect examples are hype and doc. the up and coming is more of a recognition to those who are performing well, but not enough to be in the top 10. you really dont need to be on unc to jump to the pr

n ya max definately, you goin to pownz this month?
I'm trying to, though I don't know if work will let me...

Oh, and I think your sig needs updating :p

P___

Smash Cadet
I think Fatal should still be on the U&C he just has problems with tourney attendance.

tha_carter

Smash Ace
Good **** Fool+Doc

And good **** to Ace for breaking **** down and giving reasons to those with ?'s ....Thats a good look

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Hey carter on a random note do you happen to have any of the doubles recordings from Mikey's? I'm pretty sure I remember saving some replays...

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
Wow, this list is really done well. Hats off to the panelists who have been getting a hard time with this with all the pressure they're under. Good ****.

Good **** Sauga. :]

KingAce

Smash Ace
sauga has 3 pr members and 2 unc =)
although toronto has 4 pr members =O
then again vaughan comes with 2 pr members and 1 unc

i remember when the scene actually had niagara, sauga, and toronto competing against eachother lmao crew battles should happen at the next big event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom