• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Gta+Niagara Brawl Power Rankings! (last updated 06/28. OMG RLY!?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingAce

Smash Ace
Avarice, 5th, 9th, 9th, 13th is good. although once again, the logic of all those top 15 and not on PR/UnC (top 15-16) does not work =/

I think I still remember that tourny you came 5th I was there. Culex was 2nd and Guru 3rd? Do you see how both of them are not on the PR/UnC? That means that your highest placing (5th) had only me out of the PR/UnC on this list there. I don't know about your 9th 9th and 13th place finishes but that kinda shows you where your logic is flawed. Now look at players like Pastaboy where he placed 9th at mikeys with a bunch of other pr/unc, or mikey 13th, niko 13th at a harder tournament. or niko at pownz coming 5th in a decent competition tournament.

If a tournament misses out on a bunch of top players, and only has like 20-30 players then even if you come 5th/7th at all those tournaments it does NOT translate to being top 15/16 i.e PR/UnC

Dont worry though, just come out to some more tournaments and place well, beat those ahead of you and im sure you wont be overlooked for unc or even PR

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
The results for that tourney were 1st You (Phil), 2nd Culex, 3rd Jasuke, 4th Fool, 5th someone (carter?) and Me... I'm pretty sure. Guru choked a bit I think and got like 9th.... It doesn't actually matter anyway :)

Once again, I'm trying not to talk about myself specifically in relation to the PR (though I know it certainly doesn't look that way). Although I have promised I will make the PR by the next update, and I intend to live up to that.

At this point I am talking about myself (and everyone else from Chatham or similarly far regions from the GTA), but it's unfortunate that I can feasibly only make it out to the biggest tourneys (3 hour+ drive) and I really have no control over who shows up to those tourneys.

For the record those 4 results were February Pownz (5th), PY (9th), FFYF2 (9th) and April Pownz (13th)...not that it really matters. I excluded May Pownz because I choked hard there...I don't even want to remember it as part of my gaming career lol.

pastaboy

Smash Champion
always throwin those results around.

ok january and febuary pownz were small and hold no sginficant merrit, not only that but i dont think they had the proper tourny rules with pools and stages ect. i got 5th a one in january but i had a bye so it wasnt rly proper format.

PY should not hold that big of a signifigance either, i wasnt there but last i heard it was a Complete mess, with brackets and everything and pools so i dont know how important that tourny should be looked at.

Fun fact. If i steyed at ffyf2 i would of got 5th or higher but i had to go so i just gave my win to vincent, even though i just beat him, i had to catch a bus. But out of region tournys do not count, is the point im try to make with this.

edit: your performance at the last pownz will affect you wether you like it or not, consistency is a huge factor

Cyan_

Smash Lord
always throwin those results around.

ok january and febuary pownz were small and hold no sginficant merrit, not only that but i dont think they had the proper tourny rules with pools and stages ect. i got 5th a one in january but i had a bye so it wasnt rly proper format.

PY should not hold that big of a signifigance either, i wasnt there but last i heard it was a Complete mess, with brackets and everything and pools so i dont know how important that tourny should be looked at.

Fun fact. If i steyed at ffyf2 i would of got 5th or higher but i had to go so i just gave my win to vincent, even though i just beat him, i had to catch a bus. But out of region tournys do not count, is the point im try to make with this.

edit: your performance at the last pownz will affect you wether you like it or not, consistency is a huge factor
Really? I thought they counted. :confused:

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Out of region tournaments count assuming you beat high level players like Ally/Holy etc. Or if there are pr members present who you beat, or if you just represent the Gtan incredibly well and place very high. (but you can't do that unless you do one of the above)

Also on that note, beating star out of town players who come to our tournaments (Lain, Anther, etc) really looks nice on anyone's accomplishments for the pr.

nickcam

Smash Ace
If u want PR beat people on the PR. Thats the only way to do it. I think people should get a little more hyped for these crew battles at pownz, if vaughan doesnt go who will Torontos crew be?

Wolfblade

Smash Lord
Out of region tournaments count assuming you beat high level players like Ally/Holy etc. Or if there are pr members present who you beat, or if you just represent the Gtan incredibly well and place very high. (but you can't do that unless you do one of the above)

Also on that note, beating star out of town players who come to our tournaments (Lain, Anther, etc) really looks nice on anyone's accomplishments for the pr.
Negative Edge for the win!:laugh:

Mikey7

Smash Lord
To Doc for clarification: a casual is when we go to someone's house and just play. Barely any mms, just hanging out, having fun, all that good stuff. There is such thing as a 5 man tournament.

Niagara should host some small ones, I would love to come out : p

This is how brackets work:
Seed1
vs
Seed 4

Seed 2
vs
Seed 3

This is how it should turn out - seed 1 vs seed 2. Inevitably, you will fight 2nd and 1st seed players: just later on (unless the bracket is constructed ENTIRELY by Tio - in which case alot of things are switched around for regions).

However I understand Avarice's point: what if theres an upset? Then you face a 3rd seed, and you don't get as much recognition for it - you just got congrats he had an easy bracket.

AT THE SAME TIME: people not trying in pools is just something you have to live it, it just happens. I know LOTS of people who try and I know a certain select few who's pride won't let them not get 1st/2nd seed - not naming any names, I'm sure you guys can figure out who they are. Sandbagging is even a problem in MMs before the tourney starts - I know some people think "oh I might have to fight this person in brackets, I'll sandbag like crazy in this mm"

Cyan_

Smash Lord
To Doc for clarification: a casual is when we go to someone's house and just play. Barely any mms, just hanging out, having fun, all that good stuff. There is such thing as a 5 man tournament.

Niagara should host some small ones, I would love to come out : p

This is how brackets work:
Seed1
vs
Seed 4

Seed 2
vs
Seed 3

This is how it should turn out - seed 1 vs seed 2. Inevitably, you will fight 2nd and 1st seed players: just later on (unless the bracket is constructed ENTIRELY by Tio - in which case alot of things are switched around for regions).

However I understand Avarice's point: what if theres an upset? Then you face a 3rd seed, and you don't get as much recognition for it - you just got congrats he had an easy bracket.

AT THE SAME TIME: people not trying in pools is just something you have to live it, it just happens. I know LOTS of people who try and I know a certain select few who's pride won't let them not get 1st/2nd seed - not naming any names, I'm sure you guys can figure out who they are. Sandbagging is even a problem in MMs before the tourney starts - I know some people think "oh I might have to fight this person in brackets, I'll sandbag like crazy in this mm"
coughminusough

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
I think everyone on the PR should make an effort to come out to pownz, cause' in my mind I feel that I should be above nickcam due to placing higher than him in 3 consecutive tourneys + beating him in a mm / beating really high level PR members that he loses to.

But I understand that if I want to place higher on PR I need to attend more tournies, so would you guys say that if I place higher than nickcam at this pownz, I can surpass him?

Just asking. ::laugh::

nickcam

Smash Ace
If u can beat me in a bracket set then ur better. That being said though i wont be losing if it were bracket.

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
I beat Futile at axis gaming in cali while I was on vacation.. And futile is the true master of wario, I have too much practice on that matchup.

+ ambrose put vids up, check out from 0:50 - 0:59 nickcam went from 0 to 88 damage in a teams match ROFL I'm sorry it was just so funny to watch.

And yea nickcam is all of those things, don't know if he was sandbagging in our mm but I 2 stocked him twice with my snake.

With that said, nick want another mm at pownz 3 bucks this time?

KC18

Smash Journeyman
jarred thers 1 niagara pr member and 2 UnC -.- lmao if theres prize money and proper brackets thats ok. but niagara doesnt have as good competition as sauga/toronto/vaughan lmao no offence to all the niagara smashers

btw are most of the people goin to Pownz? most likely expect an update after that if ppl are actually goin
true man i also agree, but we all work hard at improving and will show it soon. (i quit brawl and i still wanna destroy everything with luigi lmao). pretty sure niagara plans on going to pownz?

tha_carter

Smash Ace
Ive lost many matches because i underestimated my opponent, or tried to coast through pools. But, Panelists should consider every match as Player A vs Player B playing at their highest potential. I beat Anther, JL and Holy in pools, and they probably have their reasons for losing. (player/character underestimation) But for a panelist to take any type of johns/sandbagging into consideration is crazy.

Every in-tourney-match counts, period.

.decoy

Smash Ace
Ive lost many matches because i underestimated my opponent, or tried to coast through pools. But, Panelists should consider every match as Player A vs Player B playing at their highest potential. I beat Anther, JL and Holy in pools, and they probably have their reasons for losing. (player/character underestimation) But for a panelist to take any type of johns/sandbagging into consideration is crazy.

Every in-tourney-match counts, period.
zing.
10chars

nickcam

Smash Ace
Not gonna lie that Mikeys MM post was directed at me lol. No johns i just feel i play better and more defensive when it comes to bracket matches. I sometimes have the habit of using small mm's and pools matches to learn players playstyles for if i had to play them in brackets. @ doc i rather just play in brackets cause thats where it counts

Mikey7

Smash Lord
Not gonna lie that Mikeys MM post was directed at me lol. No johns i just feel i play better and more defensive when it comes to bracket matches. I sometimes have the habit of using small mm's and pools matches to learn players playstyles for if i had to play them in brackets. @ doc i rather just play in brackets cause thats where it counts
I know others who do it : p

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
Niko vs Cyan MM for 10th spot

YEEEEEEEEE!~

and yeah Anth for 1st, Ace couldnt take a game off him so hes a nub and Anth is #1 kthxbai

Cyan_

Smash Lord
If Green Greens were a neutral, I bet I could take 1 game off Ally too D:

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
Lol @ vids from 3 months ago, if you knew Ally, you'd know that he gets better and better every week.

Also, an extra lol for posting a match with Green Greens in it, try beating ally in a neautral.

Cyan_

Smash Lord
I said if Green Greens was a neutral. Like I said, learn to read.

lol @ u

Dimmy

Smash Journeyman
u know doc i think if u just worded your posts better and sounded a bit less of an ******* people wouldn't hate you so much

Anth0ny

Smash Master
the circuits hadn't kicked in yet, they were fully charged when he moved on to 3 stock you =P

lololololol

god i sure do love wifi
Naw, he 3 stocked me.

Then I was like "Okay, I got Diem'd, now I'm gonna try."

So I beat him.

Then the last game, it was close, but he pulled it off. I'll get him next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom