• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Gta+Niagara Brawl Power Rankings! (last updated 06/28. OMG RLY!?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingAce

Smash Ace
lol iite niko will hav to stay for now i guess if hes still playing lol but i think u shud play peach instead of mk cuz that will probably actually make u come off the PR list =O

KingAce

Smash Ace
if you dont go to tourneys you shouldnt be 1 that simple Phil
who said i dont go to tournies...
i havent been able to get to recent ones becuase ive been studying to get into university and now that my midterms are in i can finally attend tournies. besides nothing bigger than pownz has happened
i think its more like people like u dont like that i spam and it supposedly doesnt take skill to win with my tactics =D
oh well those tactics work only against people who arent skilled enuff to beat it lmao

Gichan

Smash Champion
dayum, I smell the beef from my computer screen, I see an MM happening. Yo phil, go to the vaughn casual this fri, I'll $5 MM you to since you're there.

KingAce

Smash Ace
lol na no casuals for me im busy this friday anyways
but at the very next GTAN tournament well do a MM

Pho

Smash Journeyman
i havent been able to get to recent ones becuase ive been studying to get into university and now that my midterms are in i can finally attend tournies. besides nothing bigger than pownz has happened
i think its more like people like u dont like that i spam and it supposedly doesnt take skill to win with my tactics =D
oh well those tactics work only against people who arent skilled enuff to beat it lmao
He does bring up a point. The first time I beat him, I don't think he used the nado at all. Then he used it the next two rounds, and well... With Toon Link, it's hard for me to get around that, and having MK in my face all the time.

Iliad

Smash Lord
@ Percon

I c whut u saw wut i did thar. <3

@ TO Joe

I'm on the up and comers? Wtf o.O. You still owe me a blow job Joe, you don't get to weasel your way out by buttering me up on the forums.

Mikey7

Smash Lord
Just as a note to everyone, lets make Joe an example: if you don't want to look like a moron, don't put up PR lists : )

(I luv u Joe no homoz)

nasir123

Smash Ace
Man Nasir.....it's suppose to be hard to be on this PR, just go to more tournies and prove yourself like the ones on the list have. **** man.
..YES GI THIS IS MY PONT people are getting in his PR so easy like hype sure he is amazing but he has only been to a few tourny's

Gichan

Smash Champion
Then how many freaking tournies do you have to own at to be considered? Dude, he has taken two sets off of Ambrose, beaten nick three times, beat JL, beat Mikey, did he beat joe to?

And his placings have been **** good. Yes, we know, all the tournies he has been to have been small BUT the last Pownz tourney really wasn't small at all.

I hate defending an MK, but I have to look at this objectively.

BUT, one may even consider that a bi-weekly taking place in Sauga shouldn't count for it is unfair for the niagara brawlers. Like if they had a bi-weekly and we weren't there and the pastaboy beats Niko and Percon, then gets 8th, would that be fair to Sauga and Toronto?

Regardless, things will always be wrong with the PR, but really, the panelists try really hard. Nasir, make a list, post it here and see what happens. As for the last update with the many small tournies, there was nothing else to base it on and everyone wanted an update.

SRTM

Smash Ace
nevermind, I don't think i'll be dedicated to smash as much in a few months. (though i'll play online alot)
However, I recommend Pho gets on the up-and-comers.

nickcam

Smash Ace
However, I recommend Pho gets on the up-and-comers.
I agree and feel that the up and comers section should be expanded because there are so many good people in our scene who are not getting recognized. This includes people like Pho,gi,Carter, fool etc.

Gichan

Smash Champion
Like I've said before, this list is suppose to be hard to get on, it's really hard that even u and c feels like an accomplishment, when in the end it really isn't lol. So yeah, we cannot shove our whole scene in there, it's too bad that some of us get owned, we just have to keep trying to prove ourselves.

FatalX

Smash Journeyman
Niko, I just think FatalX should be on there and your quitting magically opens up a spot for him.
<33333 nohomo

Also the next tourney isnt going to be until like June so why wait until then? Just do up an update for now.

Ive seen many many people move back and forth on this PR list like Jigglesthepuff, Wolfblade, Bug, some more, so what's the problem of an update now?

The people who have played well recently should be acknowledged for their skill I think.

Gichan

Smash Champion
There should be another Pownz before june, and a bi-weekly (although I don't know if it should count too heavily, unless we hype the **** out of it).

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
Ok now your just drawing random conclusions out of your *** Phil, stop trying to make it seem like this is a personal attack on you or me being butthurt over losing to you, grow up. Also, the same tournament your saying are meaningless are also the same ones that have boosted people like me and hype on the PR, how can attending a tourney have importance to one player but be shrugged us as nothing by another? Either make them count or not. Dont come in and try to disrespect me just because im the only one whos actually pointing out that your not #1 based off tourney results, even if your the best player here you cant just stay at the top because you havent done anything to keep your spot there.

Just as a note to everyone, lets make Joe an example: if you don't want to look like a moron, don't put up PR lists : )

(I luv u Joe no homoz)
How do i look like a moron? If anything its the people that arent even willing to say WHY im wrong and going LOLOLOLOL d00d your dumb that should be criticized, i dont care how this PR ends up, im atleast stating my opinion as to why i see things the way i see them.

Cyan_

Smash Lord
PR drama yay

edit: oh, and vaughan casuals should be the only thing that counts towards the PR :D

Gichan

Smash Champion
Joe, don't forget our near hour long debate yesterday about looking at this list objectively and seeing he is #1 still.

Of course, Phil, if you miss one more big tourney, like if it has a huge attendance, and ambrose gets first or something, there could be a possibility for your drop for inactivity. But the tourney would have to be big.

the thing is, Joe is arguing that inactivity has played a role in the past for PR placings, such as Pastaboy, Chaotic, etc. And yes, there is Phil's huuuge consistency in tournaments, but inactivity may mean something.

But there is also the fact that the tournies held in ace's abscence are not heavily weighed, and PY was suppose to be but it failed.

So Joe isn't stupid or a moron, he is pointing out an issue, yet there are arguments to oppose joe's view.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Posting your own list is a good way to get laughed at because its only from one person so the bias is obvious, (for instance you've never even played me so there's no way at all you'd know my skill) which is why posting them usually gets bad reception. The actual pr is a group representation (has a total pool of the players) and needs points to be argued unless they are unanimous.

Personally, I don't knock people posting their own lists, but I hope you all just understand how hard it is to be a panelist, they aren't just anybody... If you can't tell why any of the panelists are so then you don't know anything about gtan smash.

Pho

Smash Journeyman
Posting your own list is a good way to get laughed at because its only from one person so the bias is obvious, (for instance you've never even played me so there's no way at all you'd know my skill) which is why posting them usually gets bad reception. The actual pr is a group representation (has a total pool of the players) and needs points to be argued unless they are unanimous.

Personally, I don't knock people posting their own lists, but I hope you all just understand how hard it is to be a panelist, they aren't just anybody... If you can't tell why any of the panelists are so then you don't know anything about gtan smash.
I agree. Let the tournament results do the talking.

Speaking of inactivity, is it just me, or has no one heard from Chaotic lately? I don't think I've played him at all.

Pho

Smash Journeyman
What? I never even met him... Maybe it's just my bad memory or something. The only noticeable Lucario I've played is WolfBlade's.

In terms of me being an up and coming, I'm not too sure if I would consider myself. Maybe it was because everyone was watching me play Doc in brackets against his Snake, in which case I barely beat him. But I don't think I'm anything yet if I can't be MKs with Toon Link... *sigh*

KingAce

Smash Ace
Either make them count or not. Dont come in and try to disrespect me just because im the only one whos actually pointing out that your not #1 based off tourney results, even if your the best player here you cant just stay at the top because you havent done anything to keep your spot there.
LOOOL im not #1 based off tourny results?
Are you honestly THAT ignorant.
like i said i have not lost to percon ambrose jl nickcam or most other PR players in a direct set for a while now..... i only lost to ambrose in 1 set on the winners side but then came right back to 2-0 him. I probably win 80-90% of the sets vs brose
and besides ive been placing higher at like every single tourny.... there are small tournies going on now and a lot of stuff has been outta my control such as funerals exams other important **** so how hav i not done anything to keep my spot?

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
another LOLOLOLL post, christ......

your not understanding what im saying, im simply stating that your inactivity is hurting your current spot at #1, im not questioning whether or not your good enough to be first, im just saying that recently you havent done anything to keep you there, calm down dude just drop it if your going to get this offended by my list

KingAce

Smash Ace
lol ask christian or ambrose they no best if anything... thats just how i talk even in person but it doesnt mean im pissed or anything. its just like when u said if you dont show up to tournies you cant be #1 "its that simple phil" it sounds like u think im a ******* but im sure if u said it in person it wud b differnt

KingAce

Smash Ace
nerd rage? lmfao i dont think i shud even b closed to classified as a nerd but hey ur open to ur own opinions haha

anyways nate get on msn, PR talks

nasir123

Smash Ace
so honestly instead of just 1 person tryin to make the new Power Rankings list i think least 5 people should agree on a PR list or atleast a non bias one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom