• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Gta+Niagara Brawl Power Rankings! (last updated 06/28. OMG RLY!?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
I've also never seen Culex use Samus in tourney. Carter uses Samus.

I have however seen Culex use MK, Snake, Falco, G&W, DK and Ness.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
^^ i played his samus at pownz if your referring to me,i dont really think Lom has a main, he said DK/samus/mk are his best tho

KingAce

Smash Ace
oh ya lol change ambrose from ic to metaknight. metaknight is essentially his main now LOL everytime ambrose loses a game, switches to mk for the set haha

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
I was told he was placing with MK. I am not saying his Samus isn't good. Its about who he is placing with.

just go MK niko. theres nothing wrong with it.

Percon

Smash Lord
Yeah, I've only seen Culex play Samus and Snake myself, but I guess he's a chameleon. :p We'll ask him personally what character he wants.

So I know there's a lot of controversy surrounding the most recent changes on the PR, and I can see why. There's a lot of change. A few things to take note of:

-More recent tournaments/placings always take more precedence than older ones, even if the tourney is small-ish.

-Singles always matters more than doubles. In fact, doubles is almost always for tiebreaks.

-Out of region tournaments don't matter as much. What matters more is if you play any GTANers while you're there. Obviously, if you beat a really good out-of-region player, that'll help you. If you lose to a really good out-of-region player, it won't really bring you down. This also applies to facing visiting players.

-Tournament attendance is a factor. It's understandable if you can't make every tournament - oftentimes people can't. We know this. However, if you don't at least try to make tournaments then it's a problem. (this one should be pretty obvious)

-Consistency is key.

-Anthony has the best avatar.

Anyway, I hope that clears stuff up for some people.

I know a lot of people think Hype in particular is placed too high. While I personally agree (no offense to Hype), I can tell he's a good player and I trust the other panelists as they know him better than I do. Since he is a new player with fewer wins it means he can be knocked off more easily, so let this be motivation for those who wish to place higher.

Hype

Smash Lord
Ayaz Here:

I'v beaten Hype TWICE at LBT in pools and in bracket........so I definately know the list isn't accurate.
Don't even consider LBT, It was my first tourney and I was really bad then. I have improved immensely since then.

I don't have a problem with people thinking I don't deserve my spot, it's no big deal. Just don't judge me from what I could do so long ago.

tha_carter

Smash Ace
Lmao, reading percons list made the PR seem even MORE questionable.

And change Culex's pic to DK and brinstar ahahah

And Hypes from sauga, thats reason enough to put him on the PR, even if he does lose to samus'.=P

Ambrose

Smash Journeyman
oh ya lol change ambrose from ic to metaknight. metaknight is essentially his main now LOL everytime ambrose loses a game, switches to mk for the set haha
no...I always start off with ICs. And you see me go MK second round because my opponent usually picks a ******** stage. But I'll go straight back to ICs on third game on a neutral. Only exceptions would be when I face good G&Ws and MKs. The match up is just too gay.

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
Don't even consider LBT, It was my first tourney and I was really bad then. I have improved immensely since then.

I don't have a problem with people thinking I don't deserve my spot, it's no big deal. Just don't judge me from what I could do so long ago.
yeah it was quite a bit......but in Brawl you can't just dramatically improve outta nowhere unless you switch mains. And you were pretty good back then, so I don't see a large room for improvement.

but man...........

I play Falcon.........

If I use Snake or MK only, I know I would still be able to beat you and probably other PR rankers........I just Use Falcon and Sonic cause they're pro.

TheDUD

Smash Journeyman
Hey Nate, I know everyone's been wanting to see themes and stuff for the PR so if you want I can help out with that. Just tell me what you guys have in mind and I can whip up something for you. Like some other PRs use a chart which is pretty easy to do, I can just create a chart using photoshop then you image host on photobucket and copy paste it in. When you want to update it you can just give me the new list and I'll make the necessary adjustments then send you the new image. It's up to you. You can give me your ideas and I'll make sample pics. :)

Hype

Smash Lord
yeah it was quite a bit......but in Brawl you can't just dramatically improve outta nowhere unless you switch mains. And you were pretty good back then, so I don't see a large room for improvement.

but man...........

I play Falcon.........

If I use Snake or MK only, I know I would still be able to beat you and probably other PR rankers........I just Use Falcon and Sonic cause they're pro.
It's not so much that I improved out of nowhere, I just didn't go to tourney's for a long period of time, while I was steadily improving.

I understand that Falcon is quite possibly the worst character, but I don't like it when someone says they "would win" if they played a better character. Either you win or you don't, no one has a gun to your head saying you have to play bad characters. No offence though, It's just something that bothers me.

I hope we play at OiN, you're pretty cool guy :). I'll show you I've gotten better.

Chaotic Yoshi

Smash Lord
I don't think people have something against you directly hype, you're more the example from which some arguments are being made :p

Percon

Smash Lord
Hey Nate, I know everyone's been wanting to see themes and stuff for the PR so if you want I can help out with that. Just tell me what you guys have in mind and I can whip up something for you. Like some other PRs use a chart which is pretty easy to do, I can just create a chart using photoshop then you image host on photobucket and copy paste it in. When you want to update it you can just give me the new list and I'll make the necessary adjustments then send you the new image. It's up to you. You can give me your ideas and I'll make sample pics. :)
Whoa. That would be super cool.

LOL nuff said. Gary mother ****ing Oak is too good.
It's just that smug look he has. It's awesome.

Ambrose

Smash Journeyman
hey brose, do u still use g&w now and then?
Yea I do.

10chars

That would be awesome.

Gichan

Smash Champion
^

ICE BABIES! Come on, how can you say broski isn't an ICs main with a sig like that, LOLOL.

Good stuff michelle, you better do that **** or ima PAWNCH you, and no you are not allowed to pawnch me back, it isn't fair.

Hype, it must be hard to be you right now, everyone wants to fornicate you, you better be going to oin 3.14.

hmmm..i guess that's all I gott say for now in this thread, oh, I own.

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
SAKURAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!

I love when Metaknights get Sakurai'd, right Ambrose? XD

Congrats to the people that placed. =D

Oh, and when the G/S DS remake comes out, I call dibs on Red's trainer sprite. Yayuuuh. The one in FR/LG sucks.

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
It's not so much that I improved out of nowhere, I just didn't go to tourney's for a long period of time, while I was steadily improving.

I understand that Falcon is quite possibly the worst character, but I don't like it when someone says they "would win" if they played a better character. Either you win or you don't, no one has a gun to your head saying you have to play bad characters. No offence though, It's just something that bothers me.

I hope we play at OiN, you're pretty cool guy :). I'll show you I've gotten better.
show me your moves!

-Culex

Smash Apprentice
Yea we can, Except i think Samus will do it better then u Gi, sorry lol XD
and please, for the sake of santa clause
dont put my lil icon MK, it makes ME feel broken and useless >_< no offence to MK's on PR
DK,Samus,and Snake :D

Iliad

Smash Lord
i wanted to ask if u cud ride me again to the sauga thing this sat
Hi Ho Fox Main Brawler! And away!

Culex lies. His mains, coming from someone who plays him fairly often. DK/Snake/G&W/Falco/Diddy/Marth/MK/Samus

oh yeah and a cap falcon that reversed his falcon punch to edgeguard Ally's cap falcon to win the match. There's not much more epic than that.

D

Deleted member

So this is ontario, wow, ive hear alot about you guys i hope you paly in a tournerment with you guys soon
Count it!!

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
^ Ranking isn't as important as who you beat. I placed 5th at Pownz, 9th at Prepare Yourself (lol) and 9th at FFYF2, but I haven't really beat anyone notable, so I know I shouldn't be up there yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom