• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Gta+Niagara Brawl Power Rankings! (last updated 06/28. OMG RLY!?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
Since everyone here is good I have a question, any advice on how to place higher?

Nana and the Footstool of Doom- 25th
Too Poor for Genesis- 25th
School > Brawl- 25th
No Waahs- 25th
LBT2- Probably 25th at this rate, LOL

Yes I have gotten alot better since my first tournament but there is something I must be doing wrong.

SRTM

Smash Ace
I found your lucario a bit predictable. You rolled around alot and used dsmash or fsmash.
Go crazy with his aerials and spam those energy balls. But I don't know lucario. Watch some pro videos and mimic what they do.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
well theres 2 things you need to do
1.improve as a player
2.improve your character

what i did to improve as a player
-read so many guides on DI,ATs,advice from the pros,spacing,tech chasing(i didnt know what tech chasing was until the summer if you would believe it lol) etc..

what i did to get good with MK

step1: went to the character boards,asked a couple questions to better understand the character,read the matchup thread and character guide...then watched the best mk combo video at the time

step 2: found someone to play with regularily who was good with MK(ambrose) on wifi and dittod him until i eventually could keep up with him,asked him for advice

step 3: started watching videos of pros,analzyed what they were doing then tried to understand why the were doing it....then i started doing the same for my own videos,critiquing my mistakes and trying to fill the holes in my game

step 4: joined AIB,played in the ladder;socializing with pros also helped me build relationships with players that would be the key to my success(if it wasnt for ADHD or Anti or TeeVee id still be mediocore)...use the ladder as a way to watch yourself grow,i saw drastic improvement on my ladder score after i started putting serious time in brawl(if you want to get good you HAVE to dedicate yourself to training)

step 5: go to tourneys and ****!

improving takes alot of time and other factors lol well for me anyways

i dont consider myself to be like pro good btw,i got ways to go..i hope i didnt come off as elitist or something whack like that

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Percon is coming back with a vengeance

Sauc3, u got the goods to make the U&C, stick around bro

@Fizz & Joe: Hoe no disrespect, but MK gets u to the top faster then anyone else. If u want to improve very fast Fizz, do what joe did, drop ur main and pick up MK, then follow his 5 step guide.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Percon is coming back with a vengeance

Sauc3, u got the goods to make the U&C, stick around bro

@Fizz & Joe: Hoe no disrespect, but MK gets u to the top faster then anyone else. If u want to improve very fast Fizz, do what joe did, drop ur main and pick up MK, then follow his 5 step guide.

Eh, depends.

Cruxis

Smash Lord
careful guys, if you start picking up MK youll have to learn very difficult techniques such as planking, and using the B button

are you sure youre up for the challenge?
i wouldnt recommend it.

swordgard

Smash Hero
careful guys, if you start picking up MK youll have to learn very difficult techniques such as planking, and using the B button

are you sure youre up for the challenge?
i wouldnt recommend it.

Hmm, maybe I should try it, though I have seen many people fail at it.
Same for ics.

Seriously though, if you expect results just by switching to MK or ics, you might place slightly better, but you won't be magically beating top players.

Unless you switch to olimar that is ; ).

nickcam

Smash Ace
Umm illiad, sorry to rain on ur parade but Tinman has yet to learn what clutch is. If you didnt realize he failed to beat hype for the second time. Not even the heavens can teach him what clutch is, he has to figure it out in his own heart

Cruxis

Smash Lord
To be clutch, or not to be clutch

That, Tin Man, is the question

Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous DI,
Or to take arms against a sea of metaknights
And, by opposing, end them.

EDIT: I forgot to mention most ppl didnt see this match, but

Tin Man brought Hype to his second stock nearly 200% with NO PIKMIN OLIMAR

that, my friends, is quite close to clutch id say

swordgard

Smash Hero
To be clutch, or not to be clutch

That, Tin Man, is the question

Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous DI,
Or to take arms against a sea of metaknights
And, by opposing, end them.

Eh, not enough MKs. I can still see some snake and other random chars that are not MK on your PR. Needs more MK.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
I am the chosen one, the sole being IN THE SCENE who can scare MK mains from using Mk on him :bee:

PS: Here is something for yall to :laugh: at. It was infact Hype who told me what clutch meant when I asked him at Havoc in the Hammer...

(and then Nickam who over heard went telling everybody my question)

SRTM

Smash Ace
A clutch is a mechanism for transmitting rotation, which can be engaged and disengaged. Clutches are useful in devices that have two rotating shafts. In these devices, one shaft is typically driven by a motor or pulley, and the other shaft drives another device. In a drill, for instance, one shaft is driven by a motor, and the other drives a drill chuck. The clutch connects the two shafts so that they can either be locked together and spin at the same speed (engaged), or be decoupled and spin at different speeds (disengaged).

End of topic.

-Culex

Smash Apprentice
oh and mikey, i also beat culex, LOL, and thanks for the shoutout :bee:
LawlLawlLawlLawlLawlLawlLawlLawlLawlLawlLawlLawlLawlLawlLawlLawlLawlLawlLawlLawlLawl
Tinners your too jokes!
If you give me 20 bucks, I'll give you my PR spot. :)
I'm serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom