• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Greatest Falcon Thread Ever Made...... Ever, Ever.

Patinator

Smash Champion
Yessir!

(Although I'll have to resume tomorrow... Or the next day. I gots me F-Zero GX and a few other games!)

Oh, speaking of which...

Merry Christmas, everyone in this thread. (I say it in advance, for some, though. Like me!). I say that monotonously, and thus humorously.

Patinator

Smash Champion
367 =D.

Well, let's see... Joined October. EARLY October.

Didn't know of competitive Smash until earlier this year.

Didn't know about advanced techniques until earlier this year.

So nyah. :p I have excuses.

Wait... I know someone will say this, so I will.

No johns. -_-;

Linjishu

Smash Rookie
How would you punish Sheik's dash attack? I often can't shieldgrab because the dash attack puts her behind me. Maybe shieldhop bair?

I'm just tired of getting dash attacked > f-tilt > faired/uaired off the stage.

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
shorthop down air... then you implement your style afterwards...
i usally go for knee, then try to continue to combo if shes at a lower percentage.

Mr. Ryu

Smash Rookie
Hey, I'm wondering how in the hell do you fight Peach? I can never get in on her since all of her attacks out-prioritize Falcon's (especially her f'ing nair) and I don't know how to deal with her turnips. Anyone know how to deal with her?

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
i like to keep a short distance from peace and grab to combo... usually nair and uairs work great, of course follow that with a knee. oh and dont tech in place alot, you will get owned.

CanISmash

Smash Lord
Elmont LI, Queens. Philadelphia during semesters.
samus spamming on fd? everytime i got in range trying to avoid missles it seems like a cc d-smash or some ownage. and i can powershield fine but she can throw two before i throw out one.

also powershield question... is it possible to powershield a missle followed by a fully charged shot or do you gotta just take the hit in your shield for one? cause i power shield one try to re-powershield but i got hit.

Vall3y

Smash Lord
samus spamming on fd? everytime i got in range trying to avoid missles it seems like a cc d-smash or some ownage. and i can powershield fine but she can throw two before i throw out one.

also powershield question... is it possible to powershield a missle followed by a fully charged shot or do you gotta just take the hit in your shield for one? cause i power shield one try to re-powershield but i got hit.
fd is good for this match up, imo. the spam isnt so bad at all. run under a high missle, or jump above a grounded missle. there arent platforms to speed it up and unless he does double missles the spam shouldnt bother you. use dair against cc obviously. samus can cc dsmash ur nairs easly or even wd back smash, so dont spam it.

and about your 2nd question, technically its possible, as shown in perfect control (peach powershielding a ton of fox lasers), dunno how practical that is.

CanISmash

Smash Lord
Elmont LI, Queens. Philadelphia during semesters.
falco advice....? im not gonna beat a decent falco. **** all someone needs is a good 2 weeks with him and i'd get *****.

even when i powershield my mobility is extremely limited... and whenever i try to get in that hit, like a n-air or something im getting out spaced and pillared or something worse....

hate the matchup baaaaad.

DAlegendarysamus

Smash Lord
HALL of Fame

Well for those people who have wonder what D.A has been up to for all these yrs and what not everyone take a look at the link that i am about to give to you its the dawn of a new era people the return of D.A. This link sends you too our site that has our latest content called " HALL OF FAME" IT's a section on our site dedicated to all the smashers that mastered thier characters and repped thier characters to the point that all the knew who they are and called them the best or one of the best with thier character(s) so with out further or due i bring to you the hall of fame: http://smashguardians.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=173&Itemid=28. Note that if anyone has any pictures of any of the players listed on the hall of fame just send DA and emial or emial me at: lewdawes@aol.com hope everyone enjoys peace.

Psychoace

Smash Champion
Hey i'm heading up to a tourney in Austin, and I've got my eye set on a falcon ditto, I never really play falcon dittos. What are good percentages for dthrow and upthrow to knees on falcons?

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
Hey i'm heading up to a tourney in Austin, and I've got my eye set on a falcon ditto, I never really play falcon dittos. What are good percentages for dthrow and upthrow to knees on falcons?
He's a fast faller, so generally the same %'s as you would on spacies. Meaning if you're hoping to get an up throw to knee, it'd have to be past 100%, and even more if you want a down throw to knee. Just play him like a spacey and go for the easy kills like up throw to fsmash or stomp to knee. Way easier to edgeguard that's for sure.

jmic

Smash Ace
You're missing out. Falcon dittos, IMO, are the best kind of dittos in the world.

90%+ you should Uthrow > Fsmash. Unless they DI away from you, then it's regrab Uthrow. It's a bit easier to land than knee. And almost always a guaranteed KO.

110%+ you should Uthrow > Knee, which will always hit regardless of DI.

Just remember that Uthrow/Dthrow tech chases really **** Falcon. Always keep him under your control and be very mindful of your opponents DI and tech tendencies.

Keep your KO's combos fresh. When you know your opponent is expecting a knee, do something else, like Uair > Knee, Regrab > knee, Dtilt > regrab. Fun stuff like that.

Patinator

Smash Champion
G-Regulate, what are some of the best combos beginning with D-Air, with the opponent on the ground? I've seen that D-Air to Aerial D-Air to Knee if a tech is missed works well...

(And the advanced techniques are slowly but effectively "advancing" on me, BTW :) )

And... Advice vs. Doctor Mario?

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
G-Reeeggggg

G-Reg
falcon ditto.
$10 mm
+
loser can NOT pick the white/pink color suit for the rest of the tourny.

winnar is then manly.
this will be done at pound of course.
You of course get senority, and get to pick the white/pink falcon during our ditto ;)

Psychoace

Smash Champion
You're missing out. Falcon dittos, IMO, are the best kind of dittos in the world.

90%+ you should Uthrow > Fsmash. Unless they DI away from you, then it's regrab Uthrow. It's a bit easier to land than knee. And almost always a guaranteed KO.

110%+ you should Uthrow > Knee, which will always hit regardless of DI.

Just remember that Uthrow/Dthrow tech chases really **** Falcon. Always keep him under your control and be very mindful of your opponents DI and tech tendencies.

Keep your KO's combos fresh. When you know your opponent is expecting a knee, do something else, like Uair > Knee, Regrab > knee, Dtilt > regrab. Fun stuff like that.
Ok I figured it was pretty high, this shall be interesting thanks guys.

AIDS

Smash Lord
gg, good thread, but i can't do it at will, but as i do my regular mixture of dash dancing and wavedashing, i randomly do it lol

it looks so funny when i do it with samus

jmic

Smash Ace
Ok I figured it was pretty high, this shall be interesting thanks guys.
You can do it at lower percents, but it's just DI dependent, and won't get you a KO, but rather set up for the edgeguard, which is relatively easy for dittos. Utilt is your friend. Or if you're already hogging, ledgehop Uair Ganondorf-style if he's gonna make it back on stage.

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
I wanna see this ditto in person. G-reg's Falcon is uber-hot. He has a high average kinetic energy level. Never seen xYz's Falcon, but I'd like to.

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
Top Bottom