• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Greatest Falcon Thread Ever Made...... Ever, Ever.

GenG

Smash Lord
I think it's an equal match. Falcon can combo Samus like pancake but Samus has better priority in all her moves and can gay Falcon out of the stage with combos easily due to his weight.

Popertop

Smash Champion
I've met a lot of players who say Falcon and Ganon are Samus's counter.
Samus has lot's of trouble against falcon for some reason, probably the knee.

Patinator

Smash Champion
Unless being a Falcon main gives you Level 9-esque Powershield skills, then I'd think the opposite of Popertop's post... I mean, Samus has two projectiles, a disjointed grab, AND her Bombs.

But then again, I'm not exactly a Falcon pro...

Of course, Samus IS easy to combo...

Popertop

Smash Champion
Yeah, her grab isn't all that great really.
If she misses you can stomp or knee, or if she techs the stomp you can tech chase punish/whatever.
Since falcon is so much more agile than her, it doesn't really give her a lot of options.
She does have annoying recovery though.

technomancer

Smash Champion
Knee faster.

in the Samus matchup, if you know what's going on, Falcon is the rapesauce against Samus. With good prediction you can knee her out of alot of silly stuff, and Falcon really doesn't have to worry about up-B. Having no Shieldgrab makes n-air spam ****.

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
I've tried UThrow to Knee at 68%, and it gets countered by Marth.

Any help with this? Or should I just stick to DThrow+Knee :)
Bait him into counter. Perhaps get countered once or twice to make him fall into the habit, then next time, fake it by jumping and not kneeing. If he counters, punish away. You can use the "real" knee then.

audreyh

Smash Ace
G-reg, here's my video vs. that Kirby. The first one was embarrassing, but in this one I figured out the matchup a little better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3haQBes2ok

Some things that I noticed:
I need to work on spacing the Nairs better to prevent grabs.
I need to edgeguard with Utilt A LOT more.
2:58 was supposed to be a ledgehopped Nair and would've saved me that stock.

Anything else to work on? I'm gonna have more videos of me soon.

definitely work on your combo consistency.

stomp more. its falcons best friend.

that 1 guy

Smash Ace
That kirby seemed to roll a decent amount jmic. Empty short hops then chasing the roll works fairly well. I also find empty short hops a good way to tweak your spacing.

Wayland

Smash Journeyman
I was wondering about DK. I was playing my friend, and he mains DK, and focuses very heavily on bthrow edgeguard. This is nasty, because on FD, for example, bthrow usually has me off of the stage by about 45%. On the stage, it wasn't as bad, because I could raptor boost him out of rolls, and then hit him, but DK survives way too long, and it's hard to combo into anything that will kill him at high percents. Any help?

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
So I really need help against Ice Climbers, I am one of the best in my state so I can pretty much everything for CF, just wondering what to do against them.

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
So I really need help against Ice Climbers, I am one of the best in my state so I can pretty much everything for CF, just wondering what to do against them.
An interesting fact is that IC's can't sheild grab you out of side b. Also, just work on separating them and combo-ing the CPU controlled one. If you have to pretend like the player controlled IC is not even there, then by all means do that. A lone IC get's ***** pretty bad by CF. I'm not sure about the %'s yet though.

DYC

Smash Champion
An interesting fact is that IC's can't sheild grab you out of side b. Also, just work on separating them and combo-ing the CPU controlled one. If you have to pretend like the player controlled IC is not even there, then by all means do that. A lone IC get's ***** pretty bad by CF. I'm not sure about the %'s yet though.
They can't shield grab you, but they can WD out of their shield and still grab you in the lag from the over-b.

CanISmash

Smash Lord
Elmont LI, Queens. Philadelphia during semesters.
when your getting ***** by falco... with pillaring but not pillaring cause its hitting you.... ummm ways to get out.??

is it just trying to tech roll the d-air quickly...

as for just ding... should it just be left or right depending which way falco is?? cause it hurts yo.

and a question on the matchup. like my power shielding is becoming perfect lol. but the thing is i cant really be moving too much when i powershield maybe cause im so into the timing iono. but if a falco camps me... it seems like im just camping powershielding lol.

Patinator

Smash Champion
I have a question, G-Regulate! Or somebody, anyway...

Okay, so I play this one guy. Neither of us use the Advanced Techniques, sadly. But aside from that, we play as if our fights were tournament matches.

He plays both Marth and Link. Tips anyone?

Patinator

Smash Champion
Well, ya know...

SHFFLING IS SUPER HARD WITH FAST-FALLERS!!!

I can pull of the short-hop, the L-Cancel... But the fast fall cancels my Nairs, Fairs, EVERYTHING.

Shield grabbing is just something I forget every time. THAT I can do.

Thanks.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
If you find your aerial isn't coming out fast enough, simply move your finger to either A or the c-stick faster.

As a rule of thumb, the first kick of the nair should come out at the top of your SH, and the second at the bottom (if you fastfall).

You have to practice the foundation of Falcon play, things like shffling and DDing to grabs; to put up a worthy fight with most. Don't settle for noobfests. Trust me when I say, "shffling a NAIR with Falcon ISN'T impossible."

CanISmash: If your shield is getting pillared, wait until he does his shine and roll either direction. Seeing as Falcon doesn't really have anything that awesome coming out of his shield, just stay in it until you feel the time is right to make your move. Tilting your shield up and towards the Falco when he dairs your shield could help.

When he dairs your 'modified' shield, the dair will hit it earlier than before, increasing the amount of time available for a roll between the dair hit and the moment he touches the ground. Hitting your shield early could also mean missing an lcancel for him.

If you are actually getting pillared across the stage...smash d.I away or behind. If he gets you towards the edge, smash di his shine away, because he'll probably dair you if you di towards him.

Hope I helped.

Patinator

Smash Champion
Hmm. Okay, yeah that would help. Only problem is that I'm a rare breed of human:

A Short-Hop Chicken. :lol:

Because I can't get the pressure on the Y button right, I always either hit it to hard, don't hit it, or manage to get out a SH.

I guess I'll have to practice THAT too...

But (Reading your first sentence) Nairs can't be used by the C-Stick. :rotfl:

I'll try and practice, then murder the guy.

What's a good way to get faster fingers? I mean, I can type up a five-sentence paragraph in about a minute and a half, but I mean GCN controllers.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
I know nair can't be used with the c-stick.

If you'd noticed, I didn't say specifically the nair, I said

Raynex said:
If you find your aerial isn't coming out fast enough, simply move your finger to either A or the c-stick faster.
With any aerial, whatever it may be, c-stick or A - move your finger faster. Doing so requires patience, and of course practice. You'll get quicker eventually.

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
Just kidding with ya.

I'm just glad I don't play Fox. If I can't SHFFL a Falcon aerial yet, imagine a Waveshine. O_O

Thanks for the help, you all!
hehe I can shffl just fine with CF but my waveshines are horrid with fox. Actually my fox is horrible overall lol.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
I have a question, G-Regulate! Or somebody, anyway...

Okay, so I play this one guy. Neither of us use the Advanced Techniques, sadly. But aside from that, we play as if our fights were tournament matches.

He plays both Marth and Link. Tips anyone?
if you dont know advanced techniques, then i cant teach you anything

g-regulate

Smash Hero
if you "report your progress", youd be taking time away from practicing, wouldnt you? omit that part of your smash routine.

CanISmash

Smash Lord
Elmont LI, Queens. Philadelphia during semesters.
g-reg any tips on using n-air in combos and when??
i dont know i only approach with it.... usually when i juggle i opt for the u-air... :\
think im missing a big part of comboing cause i've seen some uses of it but still.

oooh 1 more question if you exchange hits or get hit right before you land is it normal to mess up the following tech because you were l-cancelling?? similarly i sometimes like automatically tech from an l-cancel that got interrupted??

Patinator

Smash Champion
What's the best way to Short-Hop with Falcon? While I am able to do it, I'm focusing on that one thing. I mainly use Y to jump, but it's not something that, if changed, would destroy my control.

I find Falcon hard to SH with. In Training mode, it only occurred about 1/3 of my jumps.

That is, if you don't count the times I used my index finger, poking the button.
:p

Top Bottom