• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Greatest Falcon Thread Ever Made...... Ever, Ever.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
azn lep and hax are awesome, i met them at pound and they are both tight. if i ever come out to california, we are going to a post rock show and chilling.

bad news however. it seems as if melee is coming to an end. theres a few more tourneys around my area where im going to be all random high tiers and samus ganon kirby ness etc., as i have lost my competitive drive, im just going to have fun for now on and use other characters (yes, g-reg plays everybody amazingly). its been fun checking up on this thread, even though i havent really been much help in the past few months, i try to check up when i can. others have also been a big help in my stead. i hope that i could help other falcon players who wanted to get better.

ill be around this thread for a few more weeks, so if anyone has any falcon related questions, feel free to ask them now, because in an attempt to be dramatic and seal my eternal legacy of greatness, i will be closing this thread around the time brawl comes out, to forever live in infamy among the greatest threads of all time.

to answer any questions before they are asked, yes, i will be playing falcon in brawl, being that i am partial towards him because of my skill in melee with him, but ill play all the characters evenly, along with items and smash balls, probably for a good year or two. melee is the only game ive ever played competitively, and chances are i wont play brawl competitively. that doesnt mean you wont see me chillin with Team Arlington at brawl tourneys now and then, and ill also whip out the melee falcon if the opportunity arises.

once again, this thread has been fun. in the time this thread has existed, id like to think that falcon has been made a much much better character overall. even though he hasnt made dramatic rises on the tier list, i know that talented smashers like jiano/darkrain/SS and some others have put falcon in a high spot, somewhere around even with peach, and disproving any opinions that ICs or Jiggs could be anywhere near as good. thanks to anyone critiquing my vids and giving them positive feedback, even though i already know how amazing i am, its good to hear it from others. you guys rule. when i see all the white and pink falcons playing in brawl, ill know why they are that color. word up homies.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
i dunno, but ill definitely be going to one of them. ill let you know. <3 scar and hax. EC falcons play pink and white lol

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Ur pretty **** G-reg. I heard about ur **** at Pound3 in crews. I recently decided to main Falcon along with ganon and I've been sorta playing falcon for like 4 years so I know about those combos you mentioned in your first post. It's unfortunate most people don't realize that the most basic combos are the most effective combos :/

Dthrow off a platform or any 'edge' with which u have enough time to fall off and land a knee will work quite nicely against both fox and falco around 40-80%. I find it very effective.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
yes @ noobking. ive heard this is dubbed "the drop zone". are you as good a canadien ganon as Kage? because i literally smeared the floor with hits guts in the falcon vs ganon matchup. i honestly dont see how a ganon can beat a half decent falcon.

Scar

#HarveyDent
because i literally smeared the floor with hits guts in the falcon vs ganon matchup. i honestly dont see how a ganon can beat a half decent falcon.
Kage is one scary dude, I was afraid of fighting him Falcon vs Ganon. He took a match off of (g-reg>)Darkrain on YS, Ganon just fairs and then edgeguards. I think he kinda got ***** on DL64 though.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
yes @ noobking. ive heard this is dubbed "the drop zone". are you as good a canadien ganon as Kage? because i literally smeared the floor with hits guts in the falcon vs ganon matchup. i honestly dont see how a ganon can beat a half decent falcon.
I'm better in some ways. He's better in some ways. Apparently he's supposed to be really good at the Ganon vs Falcon matchup. I however, agree with you G-reg. Falcon just ***** that **** to death. You'd probably beat me, for the record.

If ganon can SOMEHOW avoid getting grabbed and combo'd (SOMEHOW!) and get falcon off the edge, he can win. Any mistakes in edgeguarding will just ruin any chance that ganon has though in my experience.

Patinator

Smash Champion
Ahem... G-Regulate? You've probably already seen this, knowing my luck, but here's Brawl's first "combo video", if you could call it that. And would you believe it's about Falcon?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=PrMmsMb_8xA&feature=related

Not sure if it'll show up as a link, or work. If not, copy-paste in your browser bar.

Anyway, I guess it's a jump-start for your Falcon when you get your divine hands on Brawl.

(And no, I didn't make it.)

Scar

#HarveyDent
I'm gonna be a jerk and do some bubble bursting. That vid is pretty okay, but Chillindude made an "actual" combo vid of him messing up some real people in Brawl. It's called, "It's Falcon and ****."

The combos don't actually work, but they look pretty cool. Also the vid is only like 2 minutes long, and Chillin really only wanted to make it to show that Falcon isn't garbage in Brawl.

Also, G-Reg has played Brawl already. So have I, and he will probably **** me in Falcon dittos since I think CF has no potential and G-Reg seems to think he does.

Patinator

Smash Champion
Oh. Well, phooey. :p Didn't know G-Reg's already played Brawl. ...Oh wait, wasn't that at Pound 3 or something? *facepalm* See, I don't know anything. But still, you're not a jerk Scar. I act dumb a lot. :laugh:

I'd better check that video out, then...

EDIT: My 1200th post is in this thread? Go figure. Heh.

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
i **** ganons.

i **** falcon dittos

this thread was amazing

gregory-regulate is amazing

scar-jumping is cool to the eyes

hax is a small child with amazing powers

EC falcons are II gewd.

xYz falcon is top tier

xYz is amazing in brawl... ahem brawl FC ahemm!

again, this thread.

good ****.

kennypoopoo

Smash Apprentice
Doraki Wall Jump

Hey everyone i was just in the falco forums and asking about the DWJ and one person mentioned the fact that they have seen captain falcon do it on one of DK's level's. so I thought I would just ask here if there's any way for C. Falcon to do it.

dudutsai

Smash Lord
I recently started Falcon after being inspired by Scar. Can anyone tell me when to use nair against fast fallers?

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
I recently started Falcon after being inspired by Scar. Can anyone tell me when to use nair against fast fallers?
Either an approach (space it well) or a juggle at high percents. But what's the point of juggling when CF's got insta-kill methods for fast fallers from 80-100%+? :)

Also I tried melee out again yesterday...playing as CF made me feel like I was having a mild seizure...god brawl is slow lmao.Then I did a 3x nair chain to knee on marth and that made everything better. I miss melee CF T_T

Reaver197

Smash Lord
So, Fox can be somewhat chain uthrowed starting about 60%, though I think they can DI out of it but a sufficient switch up between fist of furying and just throwing right away seems to be able to alleviate that. Of course, this leads to the awesome uthrow -> fsmash once Fox is in the 90 - 100% range.

My question is, with other fastfallers, Falco and a ditto Falcon, is there a particular damage range where it's possible to uthrow -> fsmash them, or to also uthrow chainthrow?

Edit: Well, Falco falls about the same as Fox, so it seems to be doable, but very DIable. I wonder if it's worth it, though, or whether it would be better to go for lower damage kills.

drewbaby

Smash Rookie
The only problem with FD is that there are no platforms to help you recover. While you're trying to get back, your opponent can simply walk to the most favorable position (next to where you'll land) and attack you before you can recover. That is assuming you've already gone past the edge. But yes, the open space is wonderful for running around. I also find corneria to be somewhat helpful since the left and right blast lines are so close to the sides of the level, making the knee dangerous at relatively low percents. And since it's so huge, if you get knocked off the side opposite of your opponent, you often still have enough time to get back before they begin to edgeguard you.
i like lylat coneria because if you go down below the wing of the ship you can wall tech pretty easily and do air attacks immediately after. it also helps for getting out of fox tech chashing if you tech walljump off the wing

Scar

#HarveyDent
Knee is such a gay move. I'm pretty sure it's my favorite move in the game. I spam it constantly.

I love Captain Falcon.

Scar

#HarveyDent
I just spent the past 40 minutes eating up all the G-Reg advice in the first 20 pages of this thread. Man that's some good stuff, I wish I was around back then. I'd like to talk about Falcon's matchups vs Fox Falco Marth Sheik Peach Samus ICs Jiggs DK and Luigi, if anyone wants to have intelligent Falcon discourse.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Well I was reading and was enlightened by G-Reg's claim that Peach beats Falcon. I'm not too sure about that, I don't **** Peach in particular but... I sort of **** Peach pretty bad most of the time. DSmash *****, and it's so annoying to be at like 120% and just have her dsmash your shield. I mean come on, it's going to shieldstab eventually, and that just sucks.

But dthrow > knee kills on most stages at what, 80%? It's ridiculous. Comboing her up to 80 is a pretty simple thing, I usually bait a dsmash and stomp > grab > dthrow > nair or knee for a quick 30%, and then just get her above you to uair or knee for the rest. FD is the worst 'cause chaingrab to like a billion percent is really tough.

So what does that matchup come down to? Where is the point where CF wins and where he loses vs Peach?

Luigi and DK, I don't even know who wins these matches. They seem pretty even. If you're fast enough, CF can combo Luigi to death, but Luigi can almost do the same to Falcon pretty easily. DK is just gay, but again, if you can combo like a madman CF has the advantage. Problem is there are only 2 or 3 players in the world who can do that so I might give the matchup to DK, or at least call it even.

I hate when people say that CF ***** Ice Climbers. Azen Lep will ruin any CF, all the ICs need is one grab and it's immediate death for Falcon, and you need to be both very fast and very smart to not get grabbed. Falcon can RUIN Nana, and once she's dead Popo is just a little *****. But I really wouldn't say that CF wins.

Anyways. I'll just post this and think about more and post it as the day goes on.

SirNegroJuice

Smash Journeyman
Against Peach, try to bring her to the middle of the stage, and spam tons of n-airs. When you grab her, usually throw up. She will usually approach you with a dash attack or a float-canceled n-air. Try to stay just far enough away so she can't hit you with a dash attack quickly, but close enough to attack her if she pulls out a beet. Tech often, because she can't tech chase well, and she can hit you easily with her d-smash if you're lying on the ground. And when your shield is low, try to remember to light shield so her d-smash doesn't own through it. She can combo you bad. But since you're so fast, she often has to predict what you're going to do. If you can keep her guessing, you're good. And remember to n-air a lot.

Top Bottom