• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Greatest Falcon Thread Ever Made...... Ever, Ever.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
Ice Climbers - I main both, and can confidently say that ICs win. Falcon is my favorite character to face with the ICs, other than say, Bowser. Chaingrabbing Falcon is easy and inescapable. Not getting grabbed, as you said, is freaking hard. Getting smashed or thrown off the edge usually means death also. Falcon is way too fragile in this situation to consider the match-up good.

Peach - I think this is fairly even. N-air and u-air combos **** her. As long as Falcon maintains the flow of the game, he wins, but if he plays defensively, he begins to lose. I try to shield as little as I can here, because she can almost always punish your shield. If you shield an FC aerial, she'll land, and d-smash to shield poke. If you roll, she'll intercept you with a dash attack or turnip. I aerial with Z whenever she's holding a turnip so that I can continue to be aggressive if she throws it.

Neverender

Smash Journeyman
Well I was reading and was enlightened by G-Reg's claim that Peach beats Falcon. I'm not too sure about that, I don't **** Peach in particular but... I sort of **** Peach pretty bad most of the time. DSmash *****, and it's so annoying to be at like 120% and just have her dsmash your shield. I mean come on, it's going to shieldstab eventually, and that just sucks.

But dthrow > knee kills on most stages at what, 80%? It's ridiculous. Comboing her up to 80 is a pretty simple thing, I usually bait a dsmash and stomp > grab > dthrow > nair or knee for a quick 30%, and then just get her above you to uair or knee for the rest. FD is the worst 'cause chaingrab to like a billion percent is really tough.

So what does that matchup come down to? Where is the point where CF wins and where he loses vs Peach?

Luigi and DK, I don't even know who wins these matches. They seem pretty even. If you're fast enough, CF can combo Luigi to death, but Luigi can almost do the same to Falcon pretty easily. DK is just gay, but again, if you can combo like a madman CF has the advantage. Problem is there are only 2 or 3 players in the world who can do that so I might give the matchup to DK, or at least call it even.

I hate when people say that CF ***** Ice Climbers. Azen Lep will ruin any CF, all the ICs need is one grab and it's immediate death for Falcon, and you need to be both very fast and very smart to not get grabbed. Falcon can RUIN Nana, and once she's dead Popo is just a little *****. But I really wouldn't say that CF wins.

Anyways. I'll just post this and think about more and post it as the day goes on.

Well i main a DK and Falcon normally ***** me. Falcon>Dk mainly because DK is such a big target. But if the DK gets you with cargo u air combo it might be a challenge. Dk's down tilt intercepts very well so look after that. So i say against a DK just keep throwing those knees out there and DONT get grabbed.

SirNegroJuice

Smash Journeyman
Fox and Falco are Falcon's worst match-ups.
Sheik has a bit of an advantage over him.
Marth, Peach, and Jiggs are pretty much even.
Falcon has a bit of an advantage over Samus and DK.
I think ICs and Luigi are fairly even with him.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Falcon is supposed to beat Marth. I think that matchup truly shows who is better at their respective characters, since if either player simply outplays the other, it's not a tough match to win. A good CF can combo Marth to death VERY easily, but a good Marth can combo, edgeguard, tech-chase and otherwise control a match vs Falcon. I think the match is very even, and definitely stage dependent.

Sheik destroys CF. CF can do nearly nothing to a Sheik like Mew2King's, Plank's, or Tope's. Apparently G-Reg>Darkrain can do it, but honestly a CF who doesn't combo Sheik to death after each and every hit will not with the match.

Fox ***** Falcon VERY hard, Falco is much more managable, but it really boils down to the strategy they use. G-reg said a long time ago that most spacies just don't know what they're doing, and he's right. 99% of the spacies I beat just don't know how to control Captain Falcon to the degree that a player like Cactuar can.

Falcon ruins Samus, and that matchup is not comparable to Falcon vs DK. Excellent DK players can beat excellent Falcons. I don't want to even bring this match up because there are so many reasons for why Bum won, but Bum beat Isai in tourney.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
Peach - I'd have to say the Peach does have the Advantage on this one. It's not that hard for a Peach to get Falcon to 50%, and from there on chain-throw to edge-guard.

Neverender

Smash Journeyman
Falcon is supposed to beat Marth. I think that matchup truly shows who is better at their respective characters, since if either player simply outplays the other, it's not a tough match to win. A good CF can combo Marth to death VERY easily, but a good Marth can combo, edgeguard, tech-chase and otherwise control a match vs Falcon. I think the match is very even, and definitely stage dependent.

Sheik destroys CF. CF can do nearly nothing to a Sheik like Mew2King's, Plank's, or Tope's. Apparently G-Reg>Darkrain can do it, but honestly a CF who doesn't combo Sheik to death after each and every hit will not with the match.

Fox ***** Falcon VERY hard, Falco is much more managable, but it really boils down to the strategy they use. G-reg said a long time ago that most spacies just don't know what they're doing, and he's right. 99% of the spacies I beat just don't know how to control Captain Falcon to the degree that a player like Cactuar can.

Falcon ruins Samus, and that matchup is not comparable to Falcon vs DK. Excellent DK players can beat excellent Falcons. I don't want to even bring this match up because there are so many reasons for why Bum won, but Bum beat Isai in tourney.
Yeah skilled DK's vs skilled Falcon's are very entertaining matches. But Bum is amazing.... theres not too many DK's like Bum out there.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Yeah skilled DK's vs skilled Falcon's are very entertaining matches. But Bum is amazing.... theres not too many DK's like Bum out there.
MEXICAN, PKMvodka... that's about it.

Scar: I agree completely with you about the Falcon vs Marth matchup. Falcon can combo to death easily enough. But when Marth has you off the edge? I mean it's GG. If Marth just bates to the edge every time he'll win on most stages. I might even go as far to say that Ganon would have a better chance than Falcon on some NEUTRAL stages in this particular matchup. As for DK vs Falcon, I've seen **** both ways. Usually Falcon can just avoid getting grabbed by spacing his airiels correctly but it's not always that simple I suppose.

I wanna falcon ditto you. Come to Canada, nowplz. :bee:

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Can't falcon (technically) combo to death like the entire roster anyway? I mean saying "he has good combos against them" shouldn't really be a primary factor in deciding who's better. Under those criteria Falcon's better than fox & falco

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Can't falcon (technically) combo to death like the entire roster anyway? I mean saying "he has good combos against them" shouldn't really be a primary factor in deciding who's better. Under those criteria Falcon's better than fox & falco
It really comes down to whos moveset has the most priority in the most possible situations (of which there are countless). Also, which of those moves in a given moveset can be connected the easiest in succession with the end result of a KO. Falcon's moves against Marth can be connected so easily and effectively that it leads to a KO easier and more of the time than, say a Falcon trying to combo a Sheik or Fox. Marth is perfect weight for falcon to use a combination of moves that connect easily and set up for finishers easily. Of course, a falcon player having significantly more experience against a fox than a marth might tell you otherwise. This is only if you lack the experience needed to combo other characters correctly IMO.

Scar

#HarveyDent
lol I wish I could NoobKing... tell you what, next US tourney you make it to, I'll be there. I'm trying pretty hard to go everywhere big this summer... we'll see.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
It really comes down to whos moveset has the most priority in the most possible situations (of which there are countless). Also, which of those moves in a given moveset can be connected the easiest in succession with the end result of a KO. Falcon's moves against Marth can be connected so easily and effectively that it leads to a KO easier and more of the time than, say a Falcon trying to combo a Sheik or Fox. Marth is perfect weight for falcon to use a combination of moves that connect easily and set up for finishers easily. Of course, a falcon player having significantly more experience against a fox than a marth might tell you otherwise. This is only if you lack the experience needed to combo other characters correctly IMO.
good points. I would say both Marth and Falcon have movesets that lead ideally to KOs against each other, only Falcon's deals with sending martch far enough away that he can't recover and Marth's is simply gimping the crap out of Falcon. Marth is the perfect weight definitely.

Sensei

Smash Lord
You can play whatever the **** you want to play. Brawl, melee, ssb64, tic tac toe, who cares. People are allowed to make choices.

G-reg, show me your bombs, lets do snake dittos at the next big brawl tourney.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
You can play whatever the **** you want to play. Brawl, melee, ssb64, tic tac toe, who cares. People are allowed to make choices.

G-reg, show me your bombs, lets do snake dittos at the next big brawl tourney.
U mean like in your sig how that asian kid decided to light his crotch on fire and let others stomp it out?

That's a pretty fair comparison to choosing to play Brawl over melee I'd say.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
uthrow/dthrow to knee will kill any character at a certain %. theres no getting out of it. how do i know? because im the best falcon there is, next to isai. dont believe me? tough cookies, it's the truth. if you havent gotten a chance to see me play in person, i pity you. anyway, i do the same cheap falcon janx on most everyone i play, and **** them because im amazing. the combos you will learn in this thread (straight from the mind of g-reg), combined with some practice, will make your falcon a beast. chances are this will be the only good thread in the falcon boards, so check every day, multiple times. dont spam my thread saying which combos "dont work" because i assure you i do them on a daily basis with ease. if you cant do them, learn some tech skill, nubbie-pants. assume these work at any DI, unless mentioned otherwise.

you do not need to know "advanced combos" to do these, these are just effective throw-to-knee combos which will get you KO's and win matches.

marth - 68% - uthrow to knee.
85% - dthrow to knee (g-reg **** nastiness)
shiek - 65-70% somewhere in there - uthrow to knee
fox/falco - 90%+ (? must check i cant remember) (any DI but away) uthrow to knee
peach - around 80% (?) - dthrow to knee.

more awesome g-reg tricks to come
I love you for that. I seriously do. Sheik never living past 70%? That's amazing--especially because the person I play with most often plays Sheik.

Man, I'm going to so abuse that and make him go back to maining Samus ;D

Proverbs

Smash Lord
uthrow/dthrow to knee will kill any character at a certain %. theres no getting out of it. how do i know? because im the best falcon there is, next to isai. dont believe me? tough cookies, it's the truth. if you havent gotten a chance to see me play in person, i pity you. anyway, i do the same cheap falcon janx on most everyone i play, and **** them because im amazing. the combos you will learn in this thread (straight from the mind of g-reg), combined with some practice, will make your falcon a beast. chances are this will be the only good thread in the falcon boards, so check every day, multiple times. dont spam my thread saying which combos "dont work" because i assure you i do them on a daily basis with ease. if you cant do them, learn some tech skill, nubbie-pants. assume these work at any DI, unless mentioned otherwise.

you do not need to know "advanced combos" to do these, these are just effective throw-to-knee combos which will get you KO's and win matches.

marth - 68% - uthrow to knee.
85% - dthrow to knee (g-reg **** nastiness)
shiek - 65-70% somewhere in there - uthrow to knee
fox/falco - 90%+ (? must check i cant remember) (any DI but away) uthrow to knee
peach - around 80% (?) - dthrow to knee.

more awesome g-reg tricks to come
I actually double checked the percentages for that. At 69% a CPU Sheik in training mode cannot recover if you use this from the middle of FD. Anything less than that and you'll need to start edgehogging. However, from one side of FD KOing across the other side, the percentage is more like 80% for an edgehog kill. However it took up to 85% for the Sheik to be unable to recover KOing from one side of FD to the other. Just thought you wanted to know. But this can be pulled off way earlier if you edgehog or edgeguard.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
If computers don't DI, then no. That only means that the percentages will be higher. But then again this is on a very large stage.

I'll see if I can get my friend to test this with me to see what it's like with good DI and recovery.

Top Bottom