• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Greatest Falcon Thread Ever Made...... Ever, Ever.

that 1 guy

Smash Ace
Could you refraise that first sentence? Sometimes I get grabs or jabs off after a crouch cancel. That's probably about all you're going to get off unless I'm mistaken.

that 1 guy

Smash Ace
That or knee them, although I did knee a samus at zero percent and got d-smashed. You can d-air and if you're fast enough (basically make sure you hit the l-cancel) you can grab after it.

jmic

Smash Ace
God, G-reg, if I had access to a large amount of money, I'd fly over there just to Falcon ditto you.

I guarantee it'll be the most hilarious thing ever. We'd make the sequel to Cort's video with ZoSo.

God, G-reg, if I had access to a large amount of money, I'd fly over there just to Falcon ditto you.

I guarantee it'll be the most hilarious thing ever. We'd make the sequel to Cort's video with ZoSo.
me and ka master already recorded for the sequel.
well never get around to posting it though >_>

CanISmash

Smash Lord
Elmont LI, Queens. Philadelphia during semesters.
avoiding teh shine tips? should i di away from the stage occasionally so the fox has to come out more.... bad habit of trying to go directly back to the stage as soon as i realized im being knocked away.

edit: when someone techs, and your following them and say you want to stomp.... should you not ff it? few times people got away from a stomp cause of the techs invincibility

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
avoiding teh shine tips? should i di away from the stage occasionally so the fox has to come out more.... bad habit of trying to go directly back to the stage as soon as i realized im being knocked away.
Takes a lot of practice and countless times getting gimped by the shine, but eventually you just get the feel of when you should DI backwards during your up+b, when you should fast fall towards the ledge, and when you should go directly over fox. Just keep an eye on his positioning.

Some times if you have your second jump still, just got shined off, and you see the fox coming out to you for an off-the-ledge shine, double jump a little backwards and up+b towards and grab the ledge to avoid it. Warning: Don't do this too often or the fox will catch on and double jump to another shine.

Just mix up your recovery.

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
^grab

i hope you can all come to *pound* 3 in baltimore, MD! id like to play lots of you
i am most likey coming to pound 3 with TNT crew from FL, I would love to hog up a tv and get some friendlies with you, curious to see how my falcon will do against yours.

Patinator

Smash Champion
How dare people deface the thread of... G-Regulate...
Master of Falcon...! How dare you...!!! He shall have His revenge...

Or is your spam some sick, cruel joke meant to be something funny? In that case, LOL.

jmic

Smash Ace
Until I find some money to go to Pound 3, or G-reg somehow gets to NorCal, he shan't have his revenge anytime soon.

S2

Smash Lord
Great info on the percentages for up-throw knees.

I don't play Falcon, but my friend does. He's almost at tournament level, so this info will come in handy for him.

the CRAB

Smash Cadet
any more throw-to-knee percentages coming soon? for, lets say, low-tier characters? the reason i ask is because i watched caveman's ylink give g-reg>darkrain's (heh) falcon a good amount of trouble, and to tell the truth, i have had some trouble with a friend's ylink and samus myself.

also, on a completely unrelated note, i have a little trouble with platformed small stages (ie story, battlefield) when it comes to landing attacks off of techs if i happen to somehow knock the opponent above me onto one of said platforms. i can never seem to land an attack before they get their shield up. my timing is waaay off and by all means not getting any better. so on the off-chance that this helps anyone with a similar problem, i've found that empty jumping past them is a great way to get them off guard. if you continue to do this, they'll eventually start to react without the shield to counter/roll/whatever. once you train them into this mindset, you can shffl uair them into a combo, or whatever your preferred method of destruction might be. assuming, of course, anyone else besides me on the planet has this problem.

Taalcon

Smash Journeyman
It's not possible to use up-throw to knee on most low tier characters because most of them are floaty, and the upthrow does not give them enough stun time to knee them before they jump. However, most of them you can use d-throw to knee, and you really don't need to memorize any percents for that, you just have to go with seeing their DI at the time, and deciding whether they are close enough to knee. If not, follow up with a uair or nair into a knee.

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
If you get caught in an up+b by another CF or ganon, and the stage is behind you, wall jump tech and spam forward c-stick. You should be pleased with the results.

jmic

Smash Ace
jmic or g-reg... or whoever....

why did doc b-air me? :(
Cause you messed up when you shouldn't have. You're usually dead when you're off the stage, but in order to avoid a triple Bair, you shouldn't DI toward the stage and up.

Against Doc you need to recover really high, or really low backwards.

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
Cause you messed up when you shouldn't have. You're usually dead when you're off the stage, but in order to avoid a triple Bair, you shouldn't DI toward the stage and up.

Against Doc you need to recover really high, or really low backwards.
o hm oops, I thought he meant the bair as a response to the upthrow->uair->knee.

Top Bottom