• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Greatest Falcon Thread Ever Made...... Ever, Ever.

halfDemon

Smash Lord
Just came back from a tournament and it went pretty sucky...but not that sucky...

here are somethings i like to do:
- Moonwalk
- Approach mostly with knee or Nair...but i forget to mix it up
- i forget to stomp or side b
- i ALWAYS try to combo...

and i fought vs a marth, and he read me completly...and a fox too...

what should i be doing vs a marth when he comes at me...i can approach pretty well one but i get stuck in the defense...same with fox...
DD is your greatest offense and defence.

Never forget to stomp. It's the best lead to a knee.

Baseline

Smash Rookie
Thanks GenG
its hard to combo samus seems to float out of the second or third hit.

I know a little about marth. do the guarenteed combos that G-reg said on page one and take advantage of the lag some of his moves he has on the ground he has on some of his moves and Dd a lot

DJ-DIBBS

Smash Apprentice
ooh good haha, why didnt you go to champ combo? wouldve been awsome if yuo attended

Cort

Apple Head
no johns g-reg

you win money at locals

use that money to go to bigger tournies where you win more money

etc

jmic

Smash Ace
Against fox, you really need to learn how to keep the momentum in your favor, or else it will never be.

For example, like learning when to regrab after certain Raptor Boosts or Stomps, tech chasing the living **** out of him, and mixing up when to knee or when to keep the combo going. You really have to keep them guessing.

Same goes for falco really.

As for shines, don't get shined. Period. Unless they suck and mess up, one or more shines really could mean a stock.

Binx

Smash Master
I hear falcon drinks power thirst and thats why he's so fast, also I think falcon might have ADD, G-reg is this true? Also I can't seem to recover against fox, my friend does this thing where he runs off the edge and does a jumping bair really fast, kind of like you see shieks doing with nairs, and it keeps me off the edge until he gets either and easy shine spike or an easy edgehog, I've tried mixing up my recovery but it doesn't seem to help much, If I am fair above the stage its fine. Also Fox's short hop nair seems to beat all of my short hopped aerials, should I be spend less time in the air against foxes?

technomancer

Smash Champion
The first hit of your nair, spaced well, should beat or tie his Nair. Use your full hop and double jump to get around the SHFFL bonanza. Otherwise Raptor Boost, Grab, and stomp are far and away your best launchers, so there's really no reason to go throwing upairs and nairs around except to deal with particular situations.

Binx

Smash Master
I was also having a TON of trouble with jab grabs, Falcon doesn't seem to have many crouch cancel options, can I roll away fast enough? didnt seem like it.

GenG

Smash Lord
Isn't it lame when you are playing against someone who suicides a lot and then says he's better than you because he has more stars at the end of the day?

I wanted to knee him in the face.

CanISmash

Smash Lord
Elmont LI, Queens. Philadelphia during semesters.
i got grab questions because jc grabs is something i never use to do.

ok dash grabbing vs dashing and jc.... jc is better? is it just faster but has less range??
and if this is the case... why wouldn't shield grab be worse than shielding and then jumpcanceling out of the shield into a grab.

thanks.

Vall3y

Smash Lord
JC'ing a grab makes you do a standing grab
the thing is, you can JC grabs while running
theres no need to JC shield grabs, because you can just click A for a standing grab
standing grab is less laggy than a running grab

Binx

Smash Master
so whats better dashing and jc... or just dashing and grabbing.

another question falcon dittos... how hard should it be to meteor cancel a stomp spike. cause i can get my up-b off but it seems like its always inevitably too late.
Its better to jump cancel because if you do miss you wont lag as bad, also I believe but am not sure that its a tiny bit faster with falcon as well.

As for the second question, I find it easier to tech, and you can't meteor cancel until 30 frames have passed after using your upb so sometimes its impossible.

jmic

Smash Ace
ways to intercept the obvious walljumping illusion onto stage fox?? i see it too often but i cant seem to do anything in time. (this is above the stage)

when they illusion right toward you or in range... how impossible is catching them out of it... ala SS.
It's not impossible at all. Right when you hear the "ding" of the illusion, just hit Z.

They you should proceed to Dthrow, dropzone, hah.

But really, it'll make your opponents think twice about how to get back onto the stage.

Binx

Smash Master
It's not impossible at all. Right when you hear the "ding" of the illusion, just hit Z.

They you should proceed to Dthrow, dropzone, hah.

But really, it'll make your opponents think twice about how to get back onto the stage.
Exactly when you press z is based on how fast your reflexes are, also they could do a short one and punish you with a fast drill or something, I would spot dodge it and then chase them and get a free grab, or jump over it, or time a forward tilt, it has really bad priority so just use whatever move you can, experiment a little.

halfDemon

Smash Lord
Exactly when you press z is based on how fast your reflexes are, also they could do a short one and punish you with a fast drill or something, I would spot dodge it and then chase them and get a free grab
Falcon's spot dodge is much slower than his grab. Your logic is flawed.

Grabbing them out of the Illusion is fine. If you catch them, you **** them. If they make it short, there's plenty of lag on them before they can edgehop drill or anything like that. Shortened Illusion is very laggy.

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
Sometimes if you notice that your opponent makes it a habit to jump and illusion onto the stage to recover, you can intercept with a falcon punch. I've done this several times, but you just have to watch your opponent's reactions. An easy way to set this up is a down throw near the ledge when the spacey has maybe 40-50%, and use falcon punch right away. If you predict right, and/or if the spacey misses the edge grab and lags the illusion on stage, the falcon punch will hit.

EDIT: And the look on your opponent's face/reaction of the onlooking crowd is priceless.

CanISmash

Smash Lord
Elmont LI, Queens. Philadelphia during semesters.
nothing in this game is random.... ok thats a lie. but you ever been getting shine spiked and you up b into a fox... but somehow your positions instantely reverse and you up-b them away from the stage while your heading to it? anyway to replicate this as in aiming for a certain spot or anything... its farfetched but yea.

CHUK

Smash Ace
Sometimes if you notice that your opponent makes it a habit to jump and illusion onto the stage to recover, you can intercept with a falcon punch. I've done this several times, but you just have to watch your opponent's reactions. An easy way to set this up is a down throw near the ledge when the spacey has maybe 40-50%, and use falcon punch right away. If you predict right, and/or if the spacey misses the edge grab and lags the illusion on stage, the falcon punch will hit.

EDIT: And the look on your opponent's face/reaction of the onlooking crowd is priceless.
it's happened to me and I have done it. It is always nice to finish a match with this.

Patinator

Smash Champion
Has this been asked before? Anyway... G-Regulate, AKA supreme master of smash, I have a question for you. That's what this thread's about.

Have you ever done the Tapion Punch combo? I know of the "G-Regulate Punch", but their a little different. Does anyone besides Tapion?

And are you C. Falcon in disguise?

Please. Teach a lowly C. Falcon n00b your tactics. (Bows)

jmic

Smash Ace
Hey G-reg. I got eliminated in a tournament by a good Kirby player. Both 2 matches were recorded, and it always came down to the wire. Perhaps I'll post it here.

But any advice versus a good Kirby player? Since you play Kirbstir a lot, I thought You'd be the perfect person to ask.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
dont go off the stage, dont get caught in utilt combos, try to grab but watch out for kirby's duck- counter it with dairs. dthrow knee all match, kirby dies at lower % than nearly anyone in the game.

the tapion punch combo is just dair to f punch right? yes i have done it before.

Top Bottom