• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Greatest Falcon Thread Ever Made...... Ever, Ever.

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
G-reg, I have a question for you or anyone who can answer it.

I can moonwalk, however my falcon doesn't go very far backwards. Like it will move backwards for a quarter to half a second at a somewhat slow speed. How can I "power up" my moonwalk? I want to be able to fly across the stage at amazing speeds :p I've tried changing the speed at which I do the moonwalk and how long I hold the dash before doing the semicircle, but so far I've only moonwalked "well" like twice out of ~1000 tries.

jmic

Smash Ace
You should've asked in the Stickied moonwalk guide.

But anyway, you're just not doing it fast enough, plain and simple. In regards to holding the dash before the semi-circle, you shouldn't hold it at all. It should be as short as possible.

That's why it's encouraged to dash dance into it. For example, if you wanna moonwalk to the left, you dash left, and while in the dash animation still, dash right and immediately start the semi circle to the left ASAP. You don't even have to hit the control stick all the way to the right. Just as long when you semi-circle to the left and not go through the center, you'll moonwalk farther.

Hope this helps. Just practice it and maybe be prepared to ruin your controller. But once it clicks in your head, you'll find out that you don't really have to slam the stick at all.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
yea i dashdance into it, its easier for me. do like you are doing a dashdance but then whip the stick down and hold the opposite direction for the duration of the dash. the sooner you press an over-input and a down-input to the opposite-input : the longer your moonwalk will go

TheKO

Smash Rookie
Whoah Silent Wolf, is that really true? I'm able to moonwalk pretty well, I can moonwalk across stages easily, but I never knew about that C-stick thing. Do you have an explanation to why that works though? Just curious.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Can Falcon always 0-death Marth or can this only be done if your name is Greg Lowrey?

Taalcon

Smash Journeyman
G-reg, when I up-throw to knee at around 90% a space animal, I can't do it. They DI away and for some reason, I never jump in time. It feels like the throw is still going when I press the jump button, and they get away before I knee them. What did I do wrong?

jmic

Smash Ace
If they DI away, you can pretty much regrab them. If you're ever unsure, just regrab or tech chase and set it up again.

that 1 guy

Smash Ace
uh... yes you can knee from an up throw on space animals. I've done it a thousand times by now. Anyway depending on the circumstances sometimes I just f tilt them. Hopefully that will get them off the stage.

Taalcon

Smash Journeyman
I'm not asking if you can knee, I know you can, but why I'm doing it wrong. >.< For some reason I never jump in time to knee them... I really need to learn how to knee from upthrow on spaceys

jmic

Smash Ace
At 90ish percent you can just Fsmash if they DI anywhere but away. I find it a little more reliable against spacies and Falcon than Uthrow knee.

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
Ok let make this clear. 90% or so you can throw up to fsmash. If they DI behind you , you fsmash that way. As G-reg says, if they DI away, you can't fsmash any more.

To shffl knee them from up throw you have to get them past 100% (assuming they will successfully tech if they hit the ground)

GenG

Smash Lord
any tips for fighting a samus
Try to be more specific.

Grab to uthrow/dthrow > uair > uair works wonders for racking quick damage.
If the Samus likes to sidestep and dsmash you, you can either try nair, dair, jab combo or dash cancelled usmash.
Stay away from edges or you'll be gayed out of the stage.
Go through missiles with nair or knee.
If she jumps, just spam uair and try to follow it with a knee. If not, keep uairing until she is out of the stage.

saberhof

Smash Master
Just came back from a tournament and it went pretty sucky...but not that sucky...

here are somethings i like to do:
- Moonwalk
- Approach mostly with knee or Nair...but i forget to mix it up
- i forget to stomp or side b
- i ALWAYS try to combo...

and i fought vs a marth, and he read me completly...and a fox too...

what should i be doing vs a marth when he comes at me...i can approach pretty well one but i get stuck in the defense...same with fox...

Top Bottom